PDA

View Full Version : Region III prime for another state baseball championship!

Old Cardinal
01-08-2004, 04:41 PM
There are 8 teams in 3A Region III with enough talent to win the State Championship this season. Lorena took the crown last year after many tight games right here in Region III. Again Region IV looks like the next strongest area of the state. The teams with talent enough to win it all are(in no particular order)--- Woodville, Hardin-Jefferson, Barbers Hill, Bridge City, Lorena, Jasper, Buna, and Sealy. Sleepers are Lufkin Hudson, Waco Connally, and LaGrange.

3afan2K3
01-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Watch out for Forney once again

Bellville22
01-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Old Cardinal:
There are 8 teams in 3A Region III with enough talent to win the State Championship this season. Lorena took the crown last year after many tight games right here in Region III. Again Region IV looks like the next strongest area of the state. The teams with talent enough to win it all are(in no particular order)--- Woodville, Hardin-Jefferson, Barbers Hill, Bridge City, Lorena, Jasper, Buna, and Sealy. Sleepers are Lufkin Hudson, Waco Connally, and LaGrange.Bellville will probably beat Sealy for D23, they have enough talent to be thrown into that mix.

Old Cardinal
01-08-2004, 09:02 PM
You may well be right, I would love to see Bellville and Sealy tie-up in post season.

Old Cardinal
01-14-2004, 09:57 PM
I think after analyzing the big picture that Jasper is the team to beat in Region III. Which means they are the best in the state at this time. My team, Bridge City, lost All-State SS Jamie Knight voted the MVP of 3A last year. Hunter "HomeRun" Hays an All-Stater last year as a Sophomore will be the MVP of 3A Baseball, this season. Why Hunter Hays should have been an All-Stater as a Freshmen with his bat performance and flawless defensive play. Region III is absolutely loaded with great teams. I have never seen so much talent. It ought to be fun this season with all the Select team guys fleshing out the better HS baseball teams

Bellville22
01-14-2004, 10:24 PM
I personally think LaGrange is the team to beat in Region 3, but Old Card, you've gained my respect, so you may well be right. How fun would a Jasper/LG matchup be down the road, almost as fun as the Forney/LG matchup i predicted for state!

Old Cardinal
01-15-2004, 01:15 PM
You know Bellville 22, We heard all that ballyhoo about LaGrange last year but Barbers Hill sent them home early with their tail-between-their-legs. I think Barbers Hill will beat them even worst this year, in bracket play. Don't get me wrong, LG has some good players. I personally think that Bryan Minzemeyer may be the strongest. Chris Neiser, Jacob Kozelsky, Lance Schramm are excellent defensively but they don't have those excellent State Championship caliber bats, in my opinion. Pitching is pretty good but it looks like H. Bailey may have peaked two seasons ago.....Boy, it's kind of funny, all you hear is more Forney,Forney, Forney- I don't think Forney could compete in a number of District play situations down here in Region III!

<small>[ January 15, 2004, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Old Cardinal
01-16-2004, 06:38 PM
The situation over at H-J looks quite promising. They already have several good pitchers, plus the Short Stop(Hebert) seems to be developing as an outstanding hurler. He had a tremendous MPH arm from SS and has now learned to throw a lot of quality junk to go with it!...Lance Elizondo, a Senior, has a strong enough bat to be considered as a potential All-Stater this year. Bridge City, Buna and Hamshire-Fannett have proven for several years now they can tread deeply in the playoffs against proven teams. This season is no exception. Buna lacks some depth, but H-J and BC are loaded with participants. Bridge City will have 60 out for baseball, with H-J not that far behind.

<small>[ January 16, 2004, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Rabbit'93
01-16-2004, 07:57 PM
Old Cardinal:
Boy, it's kind of funny, all you hear is more Forney,Forney, Forney- I don't think Forney could compete in a number of District play situations down here in Region III!Card you're killing me buddy.

Old Cardinal
01-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Rabbitt 93: Sorry but I really do think Lorena beating Daingerfield and Sinton beating Canyon shows the big picture. Look at how many games Lorena won by only one run right here in Region III. I will say this, on Forney's behalf, they did beat Lorena by one run in 9 innings of play the previous year, only to then be swamped by Sinton 5-0. To be quite honest the south Texas has some great baseball tradition and are always a Championship threat. I think Region III and Region IV representatives will again be playing for the State Championship.

RAPTOR
01-17-2004, 12:48 AM
ANY OTHER TEAM IN 18 3A GOTTA CHANCE? ROCKDALE, TROY, CALDWELL OR CAMERON?

Rabbit'93
01-17-2004, 01:20 AM
Old Cardinal:
Rabbitt 93: Sorry but I really do think Lorena beating Daingerfield and Sinton beating Canyon shows the big picture. Look at how many games Lorena won by only one run right here in Region III. I will say this, on Forney's behalf, they did beat Lorena by one run in 9 innings of play the previous year, only to then be swamped by Sinton 5-0. To be quite honest the south Texas has some great baseball tradition and are always a Championship threat. I think Region III and Region IV representatives will again be playing for the State Championship.I will hand it to Reg III. They do play some fine ball.

Old Cardinal
01-17-2004, 11:06 AM
To Rabbitt 93: I see Region I as a tossup between Canyon, Lake Dallas, Abilene Wylie-with Kennedale as a possible long shot....On Region II, I see a tossup between Atlanta, Carthage, Jefferson, and Forney. Hopefully I am not going nuts, but I think that Gilmer is the possible long shot in that Region. What are your projections?
It's going to be real tight in Region III to proclaim a final winner. Remember Lorena won 4 games in the playoffs by only ONE point to get the covented State Championship. A timely home run in a couple of the right games can give someone unexpectedly, the path to the State Championship! On the homerun situation-Jasper, Lufkin Hudson, The Hill, Bridge City, Bellville, Buna and Hamshire-Fannett have the HR personnel to pull it off in the Playoffs.

<small>[ January 17, 2004, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

onfirebball05mustang
01-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Manor should be good this year, we're bound and determined to make it to playoffs, and of course, beat Navasota, they beat us last year....grrr!
Good luck all!

noitall
01-18-2004, 08:14 PM
I know Barbers Hill had an awesome team last season but they lost their stud pitcher I think. If anyone knows, tell me what all they have coming back. I can see they're rated top 20 again this season.

BrahmaMom
01-20-2004, 07:20 PM
I give Bellville a nod, or aren't they Region 3 anymore? This is one of the strongest teams the Brahmas have produced for a while. Talented, experienced, mature, and healthy. Go Bulls!

Old Cardinal
01-22-2004, 06:53 PM
I too think Bellville will do very well.....Does anyone know anything about Van or Decatur for this upcoming season?

Old Tiger
01-22-2004, 10:55 PM
I wanna see a repeat from Lorena...go 18-3a :p

Old Cardinal
01-22-2004, 11:51 PM
Yes, Lorena is always a threat to go all the way.

RBARKER
01-23-2004, 08:28 AM
Lorena is Barbers Hills Nemisis. Two years in a row we meet Lorena and they took it to us. They have a really good program over there maybe the third time will be BH's charm :D

BlueBlood
01-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Sorry to inform you rbarber but Lorena has beat Barbers Hill each of the last three years in the regional semifinals.

HoHoHo
01-23-2004, 03:05 PM
I will pick La Grange to win region III. I think the next best team will be Bellville. I would pick Jasper in the number 3 spot and Lorena as the number 4 team in the region. After that I think it is a toss up. However, I believe that the state tourney representative from region III will be one of those top four picks. I would be shocked if some other team in the region were to make it to state.

Hupernikomen
01-24-2004, 10:47 AM
HoHoHo:
I will pick La Grange to win region III. I think the next best team will be Bellville. I would pick Jasper in the number 3 spot and Lorena as the number 4 team in the region. After that I think it is a toss up. However, I believe that the state tourney representative from region III will be one of those top four picks. I would be shocked if some other team in the region were to make it to state.Barber's Hill is going to be very good. They are bringing back a load of talent. I would not be shocked at all if they made it out of the region.

Old Cardinal
01-24-2004, 11:31 AM
I agree, The Hill, is loaded with experience and cannot be taken lightly.... I am interested in this scheduled early Tournament in LC-M.....H-J, LC-M, H-F, Jasper and Bridge City. Now that is a good set of match-ups. I know that some have said they will be shuffling in & out a number of players, but overall it should give a little insite to the future hardball projections for SE Texas 3A.