PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Vs. Sweeney

buff4ever
11-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Who do you have taking this one? From the little that I have heard about Sweeney, it will be a quick game. Both teams mainly sticking to the ground.

martwayne
11-08-2008, 10:14 PM
good luck giddings

gobbler grad
11-08-2008, 10:15 PM
The Buffs win this running away...by at least 21

scrub c
11-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Sweeny will win.

2 krunk
11-09-2008, 12:00 AM
I have heard Sweeny is an improved team. Their defense is better and they can run the ball or pass if they need to. They must have something to be District champs. Bellville beat them early then they won seven sraight. I wouldn't count them out of it just yet.

2-ONES
11-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Who do you have taking this one? From the little that I have heard about Sweeney, it will be a quick game. Both teams mainly sticking to the ground.

That would be Sweeny not Sweeney.. Brother! I guess we will use the 3rd E for endzone.

zebrablue2
11-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
The Buffs win this running away...by at least 21

the buffs win, but it may be a little closer than 21. Giddings 27- Sweeny-20..

OldBison75
11-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Giddings has the team to win this game because of their defense. BUT, Giddings will have to play mistake free ball and not have silly turnovers like they have been prone to. Sweeny has a good, consistent offense and a adequate defense, especially against the run. Sweeny also can be effective with a passing game when needed. This will be a well matched game and if Giddings avoids the turnover bug, they win by a touchdown.

ProudHornetMom
11-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Buffers - I'm supporting y'all on this one.

JDOG
11-09-2008, 01:34 PM
No team in our District can compete with that district. Even the last place team in 25AAA would kill the champion from our District. Some how , some way we will try to talk the kids into showing up and playing. Hopefully we can stay in the game for awhile.

Buffgal
11-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Last games have shown me that the Buffs have worked the fumbling kinks out. Young players, new positions takes a little more time to get all that together. The team and the coaches have worked hard on that and it is showing in their performances in the last 3 games for sure. Defense started a little slow vs Columbus but after the ref's strange calls of no fumble and then giving Cardinals several more downs, woke them up. Defense never looked back after that and played with some of the fire we saw vs. Smithville.

Buffs have played a tough schedule and this comparison alone should make Giddings the favorite pick in this game.

I see QB Masek leading the Buffs to another victory this Friday. If Buffs will execute on offense and play with energy and fire on defense, they will go a long way in the playoffs.

Buffs 35 Sweeny 14

44INAROW
11-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Giddings by 24

gobbler grad
11-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Giddings by 24

your making a prediction...:tisk:

yeah, I see the Buffs going very deep in the playoffs...:clap:

1st and goal
11-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
No team in our District can compete with that district. Even the last place team in 25AAA would kill the champion from our District. Some how , some way we will try to talk the kids into showing up and playing. Hopefully we can stay in the game for awhile.

Yeah, I don't believe that for a second. But thanks for the tough district compliment.

The Buffs have shown me they have 2 teams. One that plays tough, hard hitting defense and an offense that doesn't fumble. And the other that can fumble 3 times in 3 plays in one series then get penalized about 50 yards in the next series....

The 1st Buff's team I spoke of CAN BEAT ANY TEAM IN THE STATE on a given night. The other Buff's team can beat themselves.

I loved seeing the 2 touchdown passes last game Buffs.

SHSBulldog00
11-09-2008, 07:20 PM
This is the same thing we have heard all year!

Sweeny will finish 5th in a six team district; they MAY STEAL a playoff spot but they will not challenge for a title.

Sweeny District 26 Champions!!!
Undefeated in District 7- 2 overall
That makes two out of the last three years Sweeny goes undefeated in district.

Ask the Bellville fans what they were thinking during the game against Sweeny which was played in Bellville? By the way the Sweeny kids were evacuated for Hurricane Ike when they played Bellville. Sweeny had one and a half practices before the game and several of the player's had NO electric.

Sweeny will come to win. BULLDOG PRIDE NEVER DIES!
Sweeny is looking for respect; which they have received from no one.

SHSBulldog00
11-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Something that just came to mind.

The Giddings coaches would not trade tapes with Coach Zajicek and Sweeny. What does Giddings have to hide?:mad:

BOCEPHUS
11-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00

The Giddings coaches would not trade tapes with Coach Zajicek and Sweeny. What does Giddings have to hide?:mad:

sweeny by 21 , ATLEAST!!!!!!!!!!
GIDDINGS A PRETENDER, I THINK...........................

NOT TRADE TAPES(U MEAN DVD'S) HMMMMMMMM..........COULD BE SOME SECRET SPY STUFF, U KNOW, 007/JAMES BOND........MITE A HAD SOME OF HIS PRETTY 'BOND' GIRLS ON THE TAPE(DVD I MEAN) AND WUZ BEING SELFISH.

raider red 2000
11-09-2008, 10:12 PM

when we played giddings 2 years ago....fitzhenry would not trade wide films with us...just tight....siad they didnt make "wide" films....which wasnt true.

would not have made any difference....lil fitz, that OL, and D were too much for us that night.

Good Luck dogs.

Dogs_21
11-09-2008, 11:04 PM
dogs win by a touchdown! And Maybe 2TDs If Jamel Woodard is Heathly! Stop Counting the Bulldogs out!!

BOCEPHUS
11-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
when we played giddings 2 years ago....fitzhenry would not trade wide films with us...just tight....siad they didnt make "wide" films....which wasnt true.

would not have made any difference....lil fitz, that OL, and D were too much for us that night.

Good Luck dogs.

lets c here, if'en i wuz a play'n giddens, WIDE ANGLE TAPES BE VERY VERY IMPORTANT 2 ME. SINCE THEY RUN ALL THE SPREAD STUFF, TRIPS EVERYWHERE.

CAN'T TRADE TAPES UNLESS U HAVE A SECRET DECODER RING IS WHAT I HEARD

pancho villa
11-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Sweeny by 21 cause they have this coach that wears skin tight underarmor, and knows all Giddings secerts.

BOCEPHUS
11-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Sweeny by 21 cause they have this coach that wears skin tight underarmor, and knows all Giddings secerts.

5X right??:taunt: :crazy1:

Kickin It
11-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Want to go with Giddings in this game since they are representing D-25. Honest opinion is that the Giddings run defense is a little suspect. Say what you want regarding the Columbus game, but the Buffs had trouble stopping the Cards until the big tackle went down, after that, well it was a different story. Hopefully they show up and stuff the Bulldogs because there is no doubt they have the team to do it. Good Luck Buffs

Rule #76
11-10-2008, 09:58 AM
i seriously doubt that the giddings coach didn't trade film. that is usually rumors. every team trades film b/4 they play. might double check that b/4 you go bad mouthing coaches.

48minutes
11-10-2008, 11:42 AM
tight film would be better to prepare for the buffs o, so that didn't make much sense to me.

I agree with 76, coaches always trade film.

Buffs come out and hold on to the ball things should be fine. I don't know much about Sweeny's O, seems they run the ball alot from what I read. Giddings D will force some to's, and get a few stops. How solid is the Sweeny D?

fireman1
11-10-2008, 11:58 AM
i have to stick with the team from our district good luck dogs

scrub c
11-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Sweeny will win.

Sweeny will win

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Rule #76
i seriously doubt that the giddings coach didn't trade film. that is usually rumors. every team trades film b/4 they play. might double check that b/4 you go bad mouthing coaches.

I am a coach at a different school district. I just found out fives minutes ago that they finally traded FILMS because according to the rules of the UIL, ANY TEAM THAT REFUSES TO TRADE FILMS WILL BE FORCED TO FORFEIT. Their is no bad mouthing happening.

buff4life
11-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
tight film would be better to prepare for the buffs o, so that didn't make much sense to me.

I agree with 76, coaches always trade film.

Buffs come out and hold on to the ball things should be fine. I don't know much about Sweeny's O, seems they run the ball alot from what I read. Giddings D will force some to's, and get a few stops. How solid is the Sweeny D?

yo 48 you heading to the game friday??

BOCEPHUS
11-10-2008, 08:40 PM
I am a coach at a different school district. I just found out fives minutes ago that they finally traded FILMS because according to the rules of the UIL, ANY TEAM THAT REFUSES TO TRADE FILMS WILL BE FORCED TO FORFEIT. Their is no bad mouthing happening.

yeah but giddings traded videos that was of the ROADRUUNER AND WILE E. COYOTE!!!!!!! SO THEY STILL MUST FORFEIT!!

SO.......................................SWEENY ADVANCES TO THE 2ND ROUND, GAME WILL NOT BE PLAYED, ACCORDING TO THE UIL, I JUST SPOKE WITH THEM.

SORRY TO ALL THE "SANE" PEOPLE ON HERE BUT I COULD NOT RESIST,

FORGIVE ME LORD FOR ALL THE STARV'N PYGMIES..............

PLUS "U CAN'T FIX STUPID"

I'M GONNA HAVE ANOTHER BEER THEN GO LOAD MY CANNON, "KID" IS HERE AND IS SMOK'EN THE GOOD STUFF

IHStangFan
11-10-2008, 09:08 PM
It would appear that Sweeny is the underdog and on paper and is outmatched...w/ that said...I do not think it is outa the realm of possibility that Sweeny could win this game. GO D26!!

headhunter
11-10-2008, 11:54 PM
I like Sweeney in this one. Giddings has a great team and probably is the favorite, but I think the big offensive line from Sweeney will do the job. Sweeney will have to throw the football a little bit, I know they don't really like to but they can be successful of the play action.

Sweeney 20
Giddings 14

IHStangFan
11-11-2008, 01:22 AM
The Houston Chronicle does not have full stats on Giddings...but they do have Sweeny covered....

Sweeny Bulldogs (D26):

2657 Total Yds
88 1st Downs
1959 Rushing Yds
11.8 Yds/Att.
698 Passing Yds
21.81 Yds/Catch

Sweeny QB:

Ryan Hornback:
42 Comp.
86 Att.
48.84 %
584 Yds
6 TDs
4 INTs

Mitch Ferrel:
8 Comp.
17 Att.
47.06 %
102 Yds
2 TDs
0 INTs

Sweeny RB:

Jarnell Woodard:
140 Att.
1139 Yds
8.14 Yds/Carry
20 TDs

Edward Wright:
37 Att
425 Yds
11.49 Yds/Carry
6 TDs

5 other ball carriers listed...these are the main go-to guys....

10 players listed w/ receptions..none over 100 yds.

BOCEPHUS
11-11-2008, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by headhunter
I like Sweeney in this one. Giddings has a great team and probably is the favorite, but I think the big offensive line from Sweeney will do the job. Sweeney will have to throw the football a little bit, I know they don't really like to but they can be successful of the play action.

Sweeney 20
Giddings 14

I AGREE COMPLETELY HEADHUNTER.
GIDDINGS OLINE IS SMALL, LOOKING AT WEBSITE--GIDDINGS FOOTBALL-- RG-295, RT-245, C-230, LG- 240, LT- 305, TE- 260

themsu97
11-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Its Giddings... it is the Buffs...

they are a good team...

Two good teams who have good tradition... the Dawgs in a squeaker

TigerFan51
11-11-2008, 09:49 AM
NVM, lol!:D

Go Dogs...wishing you the best of luck this week!

gtownfan
11-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Who's the home team in this one?

BOCEPHUS
11-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
NVM, lol!:D

Go Dogs...wishing you the best of luck this week!

IS FACT, I KNOW FOR SURE------------"NO VIDEO TRADED AT ALL"

NOT EVEN A POLOROID PICS, OR SKETCHES OF ANY KIND, NOT EVEN CARTOON GRAPHICS........................:p :taunt: :stirpot:

BUT ANOTHER STORY I DUN HEARD WAS THEY MET IN A TOWN SAT. MORNING BOUT 10:00 A.M., TRADED 4 VIDS, AND MADE ALL THE ARRAINGEMENTS FOR THE GAME..........................:thinking:

NOT SURE WHICH TO BELEIVE,........................BUT I LIKE THE ONE ABOUT NO TRADE AT ALL, THINK I WILL GO WITH THAT ONE

BOCEPHUS
11-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Who's the home team in this one?

WHO EVER GETS THEIR FIRST AND CLAIMS IT, GONNA BE A RACE:evil:

buff4ever
11-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Bocephus hasn't taken his meds in some time now, he has really gone off the deep end.

TigerFan51
11-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Bocephus hasn't taken his meds in some time now, he has really gone off the deep end.

Geez...ya THINK!:D :D :clap:

BOCEPHUS
11-11-2008, 10:47 AM

IF'IN I TAKES MY "ANTI-STUPID" THEN I WON'T FIT IN ON THIS HEAR BOARD..............................COURSE RON SAYS THERE AIN'T NO PILL FER IT, STUPID IS FOREVER.............................

SO I'LL GET MEDICATED IF'IN Y'ALL WILL TOO!

COURSE THIS VIDEO DEAL JUST TOO DAM FUNNY, AIN'T NO PILL FER THAT THAR..........

2 krunk
11-11-2008, 11:29 AM
someone mentioned sweeny's big offensive line. word is; they are not very big at all. one guy is close to 300 , but the rest is average. i beleive the advantage on line size goes to giddings.

sweeny will have to throw the ball!

Buffgal
11-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by 2 krunk

sweeny will have to throw the ball!

Sweeny might want to take a look at the Smithville game. a lot of passes were completed to #12.:D

ratherbfishin
11-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Sweeny might want to take a look at the Smithville game. a lot of passes were completed to #12.:D

Don't you have some cookies or pudding to go make??? JK

Good luck friday!!!

TigerFan51
11-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ratherbfishin
Don't you have some cookies or pudding to go make??? JK

Good luck friday!!!

What an A-typical, ar$$!!!! Your knuckles are probably still dragging the ground too, aren't they!:1popcorn:

ratherbfishin
11-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
What an A-typical, ar$$!!!! Your knuckles are probably still dragging the ground too, aren't they!:1popcorn:

I know...just joking...dang...I wish I had a mom like that when I was playing.......(knuckles draggin as I walk away)...

Buffgal
11-11-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm actually chicken frying some deer steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits and making dewberry cobbler with a little Blue Bell vanilla

It's his birthday supper request. :inlove:

No, I am not ready to adopt any more fisherman. So don't even ask.

Buffgal
11-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Per earlier request,

Giddings is Home team.

2-ONES
11-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Per earlier request,

Giddings is Home team.

Hope the visitor's side will hold all the Dog fans.

Necks_Fan
11-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Looks like I may make to this game.

M&G or what?

ProudHornetMom
11-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
I AGREE COMPLETELY HEADHUNTER.
GIDDINGS OLINE IS SMALL, LOOKING AT WEBSITE--GIDDINGS FOOTBALL-- RG-295, RT-245, C-230, LG- 240, LT- 305, TE- 260

Being a big boy can be all puff n fluff if there's no strength or speed to go with it. Giddings may have a smaller O Line but they are strong.

Watcher
11-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Won't be easy but Buffs take this one. They have speed and the offense has alot of weapons that can take plays in many directions. Quarterback is sharp and doesn't go down easy. As far as defense, they have talent and strength. Watch out late for the Buffs, because when they adjust they are hard to beat.

BOCEPHUS
11-12-2008, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Being a big boy can be all puff n fluff if there's no strength or speed to go with it. Giddings may have a smaller O Line but they are strong.

THAT IS A GOON'UN "PUFF AND FLUFF" GOT TO REMEMBER THAT ONE, WILL USE MANY TIMES.........................UR QUESTION, UH........THEY PROBABLY LIFT WEIGHTS AND RUN LIKE H3LL, NO DIFFERNT THAT ANY OTHER TEXAS HS FOOTBALL, THIS HERE AIN'T X-COUNTRY OR TUBA PLAY'EN.....................OR THUMP -THUMP

KingRob
11-12-2008, 07:05 AM
Close in the first half, then Bulldogs will make a few mistakes.

Giddings - 34
Sweeny - 20

scrub c
11-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Sweeny will win

IHStangFan
11-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Where and when is this game being played?

buff4life
11-12-2008, 03:03 PM
klein high school

friday at 730 i think

48minutes
11-12-2008, 03:52 PM
klein at 7:30 is correct, and I hope to make it to the game. We will see how friday goes . Lets go buffs, play your game and you will come out on top.

1st and goal
11-13-2008, 06:55 AM
I'm going to try and make it. Can't stand to sit at home while a game is on.

Turnovers will decide this game.

Go Buffs! Bring your 'A' game!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2008, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Where and when is this game being played?

stickies are your friend (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=89104) :doh:

48minutes
11-13-2008, 06:07 PM
thread as slowed down a bit, lets talk some smack people.

Giddings by 3 td's.. ATLEAST

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 06:08 PM
thread as slowed down a bit, lets talk some smack people.

Giddings by 3 td's.. ATLEAST No way.

Sweeny scores enough to keep it close ATLEAST.... possibly get a W.

48minutes
11-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
No way.

Sweeny scores enough to keep it close ATLEAST.... possibly get a W.

agreed.. except the part about getting the w. But I do think Sweeny will score a bit.

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 06:17 PM
agreed.. except the part about getting the w. But I do think Sweeny will score a bit. How is the Giddings Run D?

It WILL be tested. And Hornbeck will drop some of those 8-10 yard routes on you.

D is average to above average.

I think ST and field position is HUGE in a game like this. Avoid penalties and turnovers and you get a W.

I think they are similar in talent.

48minutes
11-13-2008, 06:27 PM
I disagree talent wise. Giddings is loaded with talent, but Sweeny will more than likely win the turnover numbers, hopefully we can overcome that number though. I dont see where Sweeny is as talented as us. #3,#12 are exceptional athletes. along with the fullback rimes . Just a couple that come to mind of the bat. Sweeny is talented, not downing them at all.. just not quite as much so as Giddings in my opinion. Should be a good one.

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 06:29 PM
I disagree talent wise. Giddings is loaded with talent, but Sweeny will more than likely win the turnover numbers, hopefully we can overcome that number though. I dont see where Sweeny is as talented as us. #3,#12 are exceptional athletes. along with the fullback rimes . Just a couple that come to mind of the bat. Sweeny is talented, not downing them at all.. just not quite as much so as Giddings in my opinion. Should be a good one. #3 and # 30 for Sweeny can play some ball.

You may be right.

We'll see won't we?

I should be at this one.:)

48minutes
11-13-2008, 06:31 PM
yessir we will see, goodluck to you're team. Hope its a well played and injury free ballgame.

18handicap
11-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Sweeny is WELL coached and their kids play hard. I would not count them out at all. I will be rooting for them and think they have a great chance to win. Good luck Bulldogs!

2-ONES
11-13-2008, 09:45 PM
GATA..JYD'S

STAggie
11-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Come on Buffs, lets get the sweep for D25.

BOCEPHUS
11-14-2008, 10:00 AM
SWEENY UNDEFEATED D-CHAMPS FOR A REASON...............THAT SAID SWEENY BY ATLEAST:eek: :foul: :helpme: :stirpot: :taunt: :vrycnfsd: SOMEBODY PASS ME NUTHER COLE 1

Necks_Fan
11-14-2008, 02:47 PM
LOTS of WC people going to be there tonight.... including me cheering on the Bulldogs.

M&G?

scrub c
11-14-2008, 05:13 PM
giddings goes down... sweeney wins

buff4life
11-14-2008, 05:47 PM
giddings goes down... sweeney wins

I think you have made your opinion clear throughout the thread.. over, and over.

scrub c
11-14-2008, 06:35 PM
cool

Now that being said, is anyone going to be posting updates?
I'm going over to ElCampo to watch Wharton upset Bellville...;)

buff4ever
11-14-2008, 09:33 PM
W/ few mins. left in first half:
Giddings 21
Sweeney 3

44INAROW
11-14-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm actually chicken frying some deer steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits and making dewberry cobbler with a little Blue Bell vanilla

It's his birthday supper request. :inlove:

No, I am not ready to adopt any more fisherman. So don't even ask.

hijack alert......

dang, that sounds good buffgal - hubby's deer is still sittin in the ice chest..... hopefully having some backstrap tomorrow night ;)

Necks_Fan
11-14-2008, 09:41 PM
W/ few mins. left in first half:
Giddings 21
Sweeney 3

Sweeny will win
:doh: :doh: :doh:

buff4ever
11-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Halftime:
Giddings 28
Sweeney 3

29-3aFAN
11-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Yoakum is up on Poteet 17-0 @ the half.

29-3aFAN
11-14-2008, 10:13 PM
If Yoakum and Giddings get the wins, where would they play next week? Any ideas?

44INAROW
11-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
If Yoakum and Giddings get the wins, where would they play next week? Any ideas?

how about a double-header at Victoria Memorial - Cuero vs Somerset and Giddings vs Yoakum...... that would be sweet :)

Necks_Fan
11-14-2008, 10:39 PM
C'mon Coach Z and the Dogs!!!!!!

Score?

29-3aFAN
11-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN

That would be cool with me.

buff4ever
11-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Giddings up 34-3 w/ 9 mins. left in game.

Bellville was up 24-6 at start of 4th. Have heard that their star RB, Nunn, left game with ankle injury. Was apparently taken to hospital to rule out possible broken ankle. I am hoping this is not the case, he is definitely in our prayers.

Necks_Fan
11-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Giddings up 34-3 w/ 9 mins. left in game. :eek:

buff4ever
11-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Giddings scored again, now 41-3.

buff4ever
11-14-2008, 11:19 PM
FINAL: Giddings 41, Sweeney 9
GO BUFFS!

scrub c
11-14-2008, 11:52 PM
wow...

congrats giddings and the rest of D25.

side note, I was at the bellville/wharton game and take away opening KO ret and 3 fumbles it is a zero zero ball game. I think wharton got wore down in the 2nd half.

Bellville #32 did get hurt right before half time, looked bad, could not put ANY weight on that ankle...

48minutes
11-15-2008, 01:21 AM

18handicap
11-15-2008, 01:24 AM
Looks like 48 has an axe to grind. Wow!

Hey everyone else, do I need to call the Grammar Police?? It is Sweeny, not Sweeney. How would you like to be called Gidings or Geddings?

Bull's-eye
11-15-2008, 02:24 AM
side note, I was at the bellville/wharton game and take away opening KO ret and 3 fumbles it is a zero zero ball game. I think wharton got wore down in the 2nd half.

Are you sure you were in El Campo? Bellville did not score on a KO return. Bellville just about tripled Wharton's yardage and the only score by the Tigers was on a punt return. The Bellville defense limited the Tigers to only 8 first downs and a total of 43 yards rushing. Bellville had 2 turnovers, so it wasn't a matter of Wharton losing because of fumbles.

sabre1
11-15-2008, 02:56 AM
Just goes to show you that half of the people on this board don't know anything about football

Giddings 41
Sweeny 9

scrub c
11-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Are you sure you were in El Campo? Bellville did not score on a KO return. Bellville just about tripled Wharton's yardage and the only score by the Tigers was on a punt return. The Bellville defense limited the Tigers to only 8 first downs and a total of 43 yards rushing. Bellville had 2 turnovers, so it wasn't a matter of Wharton losing because of fumbles.
Thats okay, I got there with 11:40 on the clock and it was 7-0 belvile. I asked a person with a belvile shirt on and they said scored on the opening kickoff... My bad for assuming someone from belvile knew what they were talking about. And you can hype your team up all you want, all I as implying was that barring 2 fumbled punt returns and another fumble inside the 15 resulted in 10 of the belvile points in the first half.
congrats and good luck the rest of the way.

Necks_Fan
11-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by sabre1
Just goes to show you that half of the people on this board don't know anything about football

Giddings 41
Sweeny 9 I just din't know Giddings was THAT good.

Congrats.

I figured the Sweeny O would atleast SHOW UP.

Congrats to D 25.:clap:

ProudHornetMom
11-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Congratulations Buffers on the Giddings win. :clap: :clap: :clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-15-2008, 10:41 AM
it was 7-0 belvile. I asked a person with a belvile shirt on and they said scored on the opening kickoff... My bad for assuming someone from belvile belvile

You were @ the belvile game? were is belvile ? The rest of us were @ the BELLVILLE game. Do they have spelling classes in Wists Kolumbias?

Necks_Fan
11-15-2008, 10:41 AM
I just read that #3 was a no-go for Sweeny????

He is their BEST player and pretty much makes the offense GO.

Granted, Woodard wouldn't have made THAT much difference, but they would have atleast been a bit more effective on O.

That kid is BLAZING fast when he's healthy.

Necks_Fan
11-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
You were @ the belvile game? were is belvile ? The rest of us were @ the BELLVILLE game. Do they teach spelling in wists Kolumbias? So, did Bellville score on the opening KR or no???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-15-2008, 10:49 AM
My bad for assuming someone from belvile knew what they were talking about.

If we said yes or no, we dont know what we were talking about!

Necks_Fan
11-15-2008, 10:51 AM
If we said yes or no, we dont know what we were talking about! SO DID THEY SCORE ON THE OPENING KR OR NO??????

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-15-2008, 10:56 AM
SO DID THEY SCORE ON THE OPENING KR OR NO??????

Who? belvile, or BELLVILLE.

Buffgal
11-15-2008, 01:33 PM
I just din't know Giddings was THAT good.

I did.

Great job Buffs. Intensity on both sides of the ball. Great job #66 akin (JV call up) stepping in when Scrima went down in first series.

Masek #7 took a pounding but showed us how scrappy and tough he is & how well he can execute getting the ball to the speed of Bradshaw, Rimes, Taylor, Brite. O line--nothing more I can add but BEASTS

Defense continually improves. #6 Plumlee may have been an offensive yardage leader in district but he reminded everybody last night that his real heart lies in the "D". He is an outspoken (gee, I wonder where he got that trait from? :doh: ) leader on that side of the ball and his sideline conferences with Coach Z make for great adjustments during the game. Also, youngster #99 Williams has improved his play every game.

Wish Sweeny's RB could have been healthy, he tried but that bad ankle just wouldn't allow him to run effectively. He would have been a good test for the Buffs. Bulldogs #44 was a great player and athlete. & the last 11 second pass into that wind by the QB was right on the money. Hope first QB's head is OK.

More Bulldogs next week.
&
48 minutes of WAO "No free lunches" Buffalo Football:clap::clap:

Bull's-eye
11-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Contratulations Giddings! :clap: :clap:

I don't see anybody slowing down the Buffs until the R4 finals.

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2008, 01:58 PM
SO DID THEY SCORE ON THE OPENING KR OR NO??????
I wouldn't expect an answer. :doh:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Contratulations Giddings! :clap: :clap:

I don't see anybody slowing down the Buffs until the R4 finals.

Maybe we could trade brackets with Giddings?

KL3
11-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Ughh, you may want to read Bulls-eye's post on the previous page where he said......

Bellville did not score on a KO return.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Was it the belvile game or the BELLVILLE, he was asking about?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Bellville did not score on a KO return.

He was asking about belvile?

Necks_Fan
11-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Was it the belvile game or the BELLVILLE, he was asking about? IDK, maybe you should ask the person who typed "belvile" and just answer me. I have no trouble spelling.

If they didn't score on the opening KO, then how did they have 7 points 20 seconds into the game?

Did "belvile" score on the first play of the game?

Can I just get a straight answer out of ONE of the "belvile" guys????? :rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
11-15-2008, 02:30 PM
:hijacktd: See the Bellville/Wharton thread.

Sorry Giddings & Sweeny. :)

BOCEPHUS
11-15-2008, 03:35 PM
GIDDINGS V. YOAKUM
7:30 FRIDAY 11/21
HOUSE PARK STADIUM
AUSTIN, TX

buff4ever
11-15-2008, 08:51 PM
GIDDINGS V. YOAKUM
7:30 FRIDAY 11/21
HOUSE PARK STADIUM
AUSTIN, TX

Hey bo, you are a little late on this post, what did you just wake up from a drunken stupor or what?

BOCEPHUS
11-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Hey bo, you are a little late on this post, what did you just wake up from a drunken stupor or what?

been busy, and yeah that too............................................but ........what wuz ? again, o u sed i wuz little late

cwill99
11-18-2008, 04:22 PM
sweeny by 21 , ATLEAST!!!!!!!!!!
GIDDINGS A PRETENDER, I THINK...........................

NOT TRADE TAPES(U MEAN DVD'S) HMMMMMMMM..........COULD BE SOME SECRET SPY STUFF, U KNOW, 007/JAMES BOND........MITE A HAD SOME OF HIS PRETTY 'BOND' GIRLS ON THE TAPE(DVD I MEAN) AND WUZ BEING SELFISH.

Ya how about giddings 41 - 9 and you took Sweeny by 21 are you kidding me and as far as pretenders go how did we manage to put up 41 points to their 9.....

48minutes
11-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by cwill99
Ya how about giddings 41 - 9 and you took Sweeny by 21 are you kidding me and as far as pretenders go how did we manage to put up 41 points to their 9.....

99, you might wanna worry more about this week rather than talk about the past.

Also, watch out who you talk to in that tone.. bo from them back woods. Never know what your gonna get.,

etbu
11-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Good luck Bulldogs

Necks_Fan
11-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by etbu
Good luck Bulldogs :thinking:

This game has already been played and the Bulldogs are sitting at home.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :thinking: