PDA

View Full Version : 9-1 Bellville Brahmas vs 3-7 Wharton Tigers. 1st Round.

JR2004
11-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Will the town that's the birthplace of Dan Rather be able to make a game of this or is it over by halftime?

roughneck_2008
11-08-2008, 02:49 PM
as much as i want to say that wharton will win for d26, i think bellville is too strong, but u cant underestimate the tigers. game is close but Bellville wins

Kickin It
11-08-2008, 03:18 PM
D-25 has prepared Bellville for a run. Nunn and company handle this one easily! Bellville wins by at least a couple td's. Great job by the Wharton coaching staff and players turning the program around!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Will Bellville get the win over the Tigers or will Wharton up-set the Brahmas? This will be the 2nd meeting this year between both, Bellville beat Wharton in Bellville for Homecoming. This game will be Friday night in El Campo. Bellville looked very good vs Smithville. Can the Brahmas beat Wharton for the second time or will the Tigers get the win?

OldBison75
11-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Bellville should win this one if they stick to their best weapon, NUNN. The Bellville defense should keep the score down and Nunn can take over and pound the Wharton defense. Bellville by 14.

martwayne
11-08-2008, 09:43 PM
bellville by 10
BELLVILLE 31
WHARTON 21

headhunter
11-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Bellville should win this but Wharton will keep it close.

Bellville 27
Wharton 20

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Wharton has seemed to played some good defense this year and Bellville has a good defense themselves. Wharton offense has been sluggish what i've read through out the season on some of their game threads.

Bellville 28 Wharton 6

ProudHornetMom
11-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Brahmas no doubt.

buff4ever
11-08-2008, 09:56 PM
I have to take bellville in this one. We played wharton, but it was hurricane week, so I may not have a real idea for how good they may be.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the help, with the poll Panther Mom.

headhunter
11-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Kickin It
D-25 has prepared Bellville for a run. Nunn and company handle this one easily! Bellville wins by at least a couple td's. Great job by the Wharton coaching staff and players turning the program around!!

They have only won 3 games, is that a huge improvement or were they worse last year?

Bellville 20
Wharton 14

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2008, 10:08 PM
El Campo will be a good place, new Field turf and the Ricebirds are also red. Navasota was a place talked about for the game, but the visitors stands were to small for a play-off game.

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Thanks for the help, with the poll Panther Mom.
Any time!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Any time! woohoo get to vote twice :D

Bull's-eye
11-08-2008, 11:37 PM
In their first meeting, the Bellville defense held Wharton to a total of 97 yards. The Tigers only rushed for 64 yards on 35 attempts. This was probably Bellville's best defensive game of the year and would of been a shutout if not for a bad snap during a punt. Bellville totaled 341 yards of offense with 211 yards coming on the ground. Bellville's QB Mueller threw for 130 yards and 2 TD's.

BrahmaMom
11-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Glad to hear the field at El Campo is nice--was wondering about that site. It will be interesting to see the two teams play again after the season's experience. We may see two very different teams. All in all, it's exciting! Will the bus circle the square for a send-off even though we head out south on 36? Town pep rally Thursday night, Brahma fans--let's get fired up and support our team! GO BULLS!!!

gobbler grad
11-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Bellville way to much for the Tigers...not even close...Brahmas win by 17...:thinking:

TigerFan51
11-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I have to take bellville in this one. We played wharton, but it was hurricane week, so I may not have a real idea for how good they may be.

It was hurricane week and only two days practice for both teams. I think the Tigers put a little scare into you guys by leading early in the game 14-0. That was EARLY in the season and there has been improvements on both sides of the ball. Don't count the Tigers out of this one so quickly. Having had the one of the top two or three toughest schedules in the state of Texas in a rebuilding year (new coaches and yet another new offense to learn), these kids have had a hard row to hoe and have played well. The Tigers played Sweeny super tough but the game plan in the last of the fourth quarter just wasn't there. The first three and a half quarters of this game was played as perfectly as I've seen the Tigers play all year. If the Tigers play like they did this last week, they definitely will be contenders in this game.

BrahmaMom
11-10-2008, 09:38 AM
I think the Brahmas will take every opponent seriously. The Sealy game taught us a great deal. Let's go, Brahmas!!

JDOG
11-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
It was hurricane week and only two days practice for both teams. I think the Tigers put a little scare into you guys by leading early in the game 14-0. That was EARLY in the season and there has been improvements on both sides of the ball. Don't count the Tigers out of this one so quickly. Having had the one of the top two or three toughest schedules in the state of Texas in a rebuilding year (new coaches and yet another new offense to learn), these kids have had a hard row to hoe and have played well. The Tigers played Sweeny super tough but the game plan in the last of the fourth quarter just wasn't there. The first three and a half quarters of this game was played as perfectly as I've seen the Tigers play all year. If the Tigers play like they did this last week, they definitely will be contenders in this game. Sweeny pulled out the top secret weapon in the fourth quarter. The forward pass!

JDOG
11-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Eat at Greek Brothers in El Campo! It is a very nice atmosphere and good food!

BrahmaMom
11-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Yum, thanks for the suggestion!!

pancho villa
11-10-2008, 11:03 AM
I heard from a the secondary coach in Tiger land he is not ready to water dirt yet. They are going to put in the Arkansas stack monster defense and that will shut down the heffers to nothing!

zaley
11-10-2008, 11:06 AM
what time is the game starting? What day do the Brahmas play on? I have only heard that the brahmas play Wharton in El Campo, but not any other details.

Also, the pep rally is Thursday on the square at 5:30 pm.
(for those who weren't sure)

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by zaley
what time is the game starting? What day do the Brahmas play on? I have only heard that the brahmas play Wharton in El Campo, but not any other details.

click me - stickies are your friend (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=89104)

pancho villa
11-10-2008, 11:21 AM

I'll bet there will be a lot of snuff dipped, and Lone Star drunk at that there heffer pep rally

zaley
11-10-2008, 11:24 AM
LOL too funny pancho villa.

Thanks LH Panther Mom! I did find the info in another thread.

48minutes
11-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Giddings played wharton, and didn't show up for the game ready to play at all, played horirble and still won with ease. Bellville by alot.

Yes, it was hurricane week, and wharton was not fully prepared either. But came out much more excited to play than the buffs did.

fireman1
11-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by headhunter
They have only won 3 games, is that a huge improvement or were they worse last year?

last years record was 2-8 with new coaches and entire new O this year the tigers are 3-7 also with new coaches and an entire new O to run out of but still made the playoffs good job tigers it makes me proud to be a tiger myself... bellville is going to be strong for Wharton im not gonna say too strong but the tigers will not back down from anything Wharton will play them hard all 4 quarters

TigerFan51
11-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
last years record was 2-8 with new coaches and entire new O this year the tigers are 3-7 also with new coaches and an entire new O to run out of but still made the playoffs good job tigers it makes me proud to be a tiger myself... bellville is going to be strong for Wharton im not gonna say too strong but the tigers will not back down from anything Wharton will play them hard all 4 quarters

The Tigers only improved their record by one game this year BUT the difference is the 3 wins were in district which the Tigers only won 2 district games last year and we were in an 8 school district last year as well. This year it's a 6 school district so the three back to back wins were enough to secure a playoff spot.

rancher
11-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Having seen several of the teams in D26, it is very weak except for Sweeny. Bellville handled Wharton easily when they played. Unless Wharton has made major improvements. Bellville will win this by 2 touchdowns. The Bellville defense is too quick and fast for Wharton.

IHStangFan
11-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Lets go Tigers...you've got it in you!!

GO D26!!!

zebrablue2
11-10-2008, 10:10 PM
LOL too funny pancho villa.

Thanks LH Panther Mom! I did find the info in another thread.

poncho is one of those funny posters on the board. he does not dip snuff, but eats it for breakfast-LOL.... bulls by 2 tds plus.

buff4ever
11-10-2008, 10:28 PM
does anyone really think that the tigers have a chance in this game?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-10-2008, 10:31 PM

ponco villa thinks so.

IHStangFan
11-11-2008, 01:59 AM
These stats are from the Houston Chronicle....

Bellville Brahmas (D25):

3357 Total Yds
154 1st Downs
2421 Rushing Yds
6.27 Yds/Rush
937 Passing Yds
19.1 Yds/Catch

Bellville QB:

Kyle Mueller:
50 Comp.
115 Att.
43.48 %
824 Yds
8 TDs
2 INTs

1 other QB listed....

Bellville RB:

Garrette Nunn:
203 Att.
1287 Yds
6.34 Yds/Att.
19 TDs

Quentin Runnels:
71 Att.
515 Yds
7.25 Yds/Att.
7 TDs

Wayne Houston:
62 Att.
405 Yds
6.53 Yds/Att.
1 TD

Kyle Mueller (QB):
37 Att.
103 Yds
2.78 Yds/Att.
1 TD

Josh Browning:
14 Att.
55 Yds
3.93 Yds/Att.

5 other players w/ carries

Bellville WR:

Dallas Dodd:
22 Rec.
410 Yds
19 Yds/Catch
7 TDs

8 other players w/ receptions.....

Wharton Tigers (D26):

Wharton stats do not appear to be complete...or at least I hope they're not!!

865 Total Yds
43 1st Downs
721 Rushing Yds
3.74 Yds/Carry
144 Passing Yds
10.29 Yds/Catch

TigerFan51
11-11-2008, 06:07 AM

I guess according to a lot of you guys, Wharton should just stay home and not even bother. Anything can happen on any given day so as I've said before...I don't like to count my chickens before they hatch. Wharton moved the ball extremely well against Sweeny and had a 17-3 lead well into the fourth quarter only to blow it yet again. I bet there were some Sweeny folks who were just a little bit worried there for a while and probably not believing what they were seeing, although they'd probably never admit it in a million years!

You just never know and yes, the Tigers have improved and aren't the same team that Bellville faced before, let's see, was it only the third game of the season when they played before?

I would venture to say the stats aren't complete, Stang. The Chronicle has only reported one game score the whole season for Wharton, so that alone would lead me to question the accuracy of their stat reporting for the Tigers.

TigerFan51
11-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Lets go Tigers...you've got it in you!!

GO D26!!!

Thanks Stang! I've been reading the Needville/Sealy thread and I see ya'll aren't getting any "love" either. I'm pulling for your Jays as well. I hope to make it to ya'lls game on Thursday.

I think I saw some of your fans at Texas Roadhouse in Rosenberg on Saturday (they had Needville caps on, lol).

Good luck to you guys!

pancho villa
11-11-2008, 09:02 AM
ponco villa thinks so.

You bet I do. I will be at the game to root for the tigers. I will have to sit on Wharton's side cause I hate Lone Star.

UPanIN
11-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Bellville by 3 touchdowns.

OldBison75
11-11-2008, 09:36 AM
I hope it is not the same 2 plus touchdowns that you picked against Sealy. They never materialized. Make ure your bring the right magic hat this week.

teetle
11-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Bellville is going to Kick Wharton's Buttocks.

duckhunter
11-11-2008, 10:21 AM
if bellville plays the way they did against smithville the game should not be close.

TigerFan51
11-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by teetle
Bellville is going to Kick Wharton's Buttocks.

Nice to see you're visiting all of the our districts' /your districts' threads.

bullpen
11-11-2008, 11:33 AM
I do believe Bellville is the vastly superior team in this game and should emerge the victor. To those thinking "we already beat them once so we'll beat them again", remember the roughnecks w/ Flannel a few years back (however those teams were more evenly matched in both games). Bellville is better so just take care of business and this could be a special year for you.

jason
11-11-2008, 11:35 AM
bellville 56
wharton 10

Bull's-eye
11-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by bullpen
I do believe Bellville is the vastly superior team in this game and should emerge the victor. To those thinking "we already beat them once so we'll beat them again", remember the roughnecks w/ Flannel a few years back (however those teams were more evenly matched in both games). Bellville is better so just take care of business and this could be a special year for you.

Yes, we remember and it's always more difficult to defeat a team twice. Wharton doesn't have a Flannel returning & Bellville didn't lose their top runner or have their QB injure his hand.

duckhunter
11-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Yes, we remember and it's always more difficult to defeat a team twice. Wharton doesn't have a Flannel returning & Bellville didn't lose their top runner or have their QB injure his hand. is that all you bellville people talk about are injuries???

pancho villa
11-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Yes, we remember and it's always more difficult to defeat a team twice. Wharton doesn't have a Flannel returning & Bellville didn't lose their top runner or have their QB injure his hand.

Do you know what excuses are like???????????

Bull's-eye
11-11-2008, 12:01 PM
You just never know and yes, the Tigers have improved and aren't the same team that Bellville faced before, let's see, was it only the third game of the season when they played before?

It was the fifth game of the season. I'm sure the Tigers have improved and will come in with nothing to lose. Bellville has also improved and they are now finally healthy. If I remember correctly, Bellville played Wharton without 2 starters on the o-line.

This could easily be one of those trap games where the team with the better record gets caught up reading that they should win easily. All I can say is remember how it felt after that Sealy loss, but this time there's no tomorrow.

Bull's-eye
11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
is that all you bellville people talk about are injuries???

Being a duck hunter, don't you usually get the ducks that you injure with you gun? :D

Not making excuses, but injuries can and usually influences the outcome of games.

duckhunter
11-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Being a duck hunter, don't you usually get the ducks that you injure with you gun? :D
ive never injured a duck in my life. clean kills everytime. :p

zebrablue2
11-11-2008, 08:44 PM
ive never injured a duck in my life. clean kills everytime. :p

I would be willing to bet good money you have never even shot at a duck in your life??? Do I win? Now be truthful...:D

duckhunter
11-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I would be willing to bet good money you have never even shot at a duck in your life??? Do I win? Now be truthful...:D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

zebrablue2
11-11-2008, 09:35 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:redX:

JohnnieLightnin
11-11-2008, 10:12 PM
It was hurricane week and only two days practice for both teams. I think the Tigers put a little scare into you guys by leading early in the game 14-0. That was EARLY in the season and there has been improvements on both sides of the ball. Don't count the Tigers out of this one so quickly. Having had the one of the top two or three toughest schedules in the state of Texas in a rebuilding year (new coaches and yet another new offense to learn), these kids have had a hard row to hoe and have played well. The Tigers played Sweeny super tough but the game plan in the last of the fourth quarter just wasn't there. The first three and a half quarters of this game was played as perfectly as I've seen the Tigers play all year. If the Tigers play like they did this last week, they definitely will be contenders in this game.

I am pretty sure the game plan didn't change in the fourth quarter. I can't imagine the Tigers coaching staff saying "We have had enough of winning, let's let'em back in the game. Better yet, let's not tackle them at all". Sweeny took advantage of a "lull" during about a 3 minute period and did what championship teams do; FIGHT HARDER.

JohnnieLightnin
11-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by headhunter

Bellville 20
Wharton 14

A wise ole' coach told me once that good coaching can shave a couple of TD's off blow-outs and win close games with equal talent. No magic, the best teams usually win. Compared to last year, they are not getting "blown-out" and they actually look like they know what they are supposed to be doing. I think that is the biggest difference from last year.

JohnnieLightnin
11-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Having seen several of the teams in D26, it is very weak except for Sweeny. Bellville handled Wharton easily when they played. Unless Wharton has made major improvements. Bellville will win this by 2 touchdowns. The Bellville defense is too quick and fast for Wharton.

Too quick and fast for Wharton, no. Too strong, disciplined and tradition-rich; maybe. Wharton and Royal are two of the fastest teams in the area.

buff4ever
11-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Look people,

Wharton is fast,
Bellville posters will speak of injuries
And Bellville will win this game.

Now how about that duck hunting, anybody got a good blind?

TigerFan51
11-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by JohnnieLightnin
I am pretty sure the game plan didn't change in the fourth quarter. I can't imagine the Tigers coaching staff saying "We have had enough of winning, let's let'em back in the game. Better yet, let's not tackle them at all". Sweeny took advantage of a "lull" during about a 3 minute period and did what championship teams do; FIGHT HARDER.

I know no coach on the face of the earth is going to say, "Okay, I'm tired of winning and let's let them back in the game". If that's what I'd meant, I would've said it just that way. You've read too much into what I wrote. I don't want to get specific here in a public forum. Sweeny saw something and took advantage of it.

TigerFan51
11-12-2008, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by JohnnieLightnin

I know no coach on the face of the earth is going to say, "Okay, I'm tired of winning and let's let them back in the game". If that's what I'd meant, I would've said it just that way. You've read too much into what I wrote. I don't want to get specific here in a public forum. Sweeny saw something and took advantage of it.

TigerFan51
11-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Sorry for the double post, computer glitch:D

KingRob
11-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Bellville too strong for Wharton. The Tigers will put up a fight though...

Brahmas - 34
Wharton - 21

duckhunter
11-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Look people,

Wharton is fast,
Bellville posters will speak of injuries
And Bellville will win this game.

Now how about that duck hunting, anybody got a good blind? got a few good ones. one down in matagorda, then a couple in waller/brookshire area. come on out with duckhunter buff and ill put you on some good birds

Bull's-eye
11-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2

Duckhunter sent me a picture of him shooting Daffy duck

http://www.animationusa.com/picts/wbpict/2_Beakhead.jpg

duckhunter
11-12-2008, 11:09 AM
don't yall bellville people have more injuries to discuss instead of making fun of duckhunter?

:nerd: :dispntd: :tisk:

pancho villa
11-12-2008, 11:18 AM
don't yall bellville people have more injuries to discuss instead of making fun of duckhunter?

They must of dipped all their snuff.

Th

Bull's-eye
11-12-2008, 11:24 AM

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Bellville is healthy, so I couldn't discuss their injuries. :D

BrahmaMom
11-12-2008, 12:29 PM
This is the play-offs, can we quit talking about duck hunting?? I think Friday will be a good game--both teams have grown since they last met. Nothing is sure. I maintain that Sealy did the Brahmas a big favor. We won't take anything for granted again. Thanks, Sealy! Now, on to tackle more Tigers! GO BRAHMAS!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
I maintain that Sealy did the Brahmas a big favor.
That would be a cold day in July.:thinking:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2008, 12:48 PM
The winner of Bellville vs Wharton will play the winner of La Vernia vs Goliad in Victoria next Saturday.

Bull's-eye
11-12-2008, 01:30 PM
I maintain that Sealy did the Brahmas a big favor. We won't take anything for granted again.

:iagree: We always hear the expression about a blessing in disguise, IMO the Sealy loss taught the team a good lesson. The players came out the next game with some new energy & the coaches even installed a few new wrinkles in the playbook.

Bulligator
11-12-2008, 02:36 PM
The winner of Bellville vs Wharton will play the winner of La Vernia vs Goliad in Victoria next Saturday.

Is this for certain? And why Saturday? Is it because La Vernia/Goliad is playing Saturday? Has a time been set? What field? ??? Can you disclose your source? If you can think of any more answers, I will think up some more questions!

TigerFan51
11-12-2008, 02:49 PM
This is the play-offs, can we quit talking about duck hunting?? I think Friday will be a good game--both teams have grown since they last met. Nothing is sure. I maintain that Sealy did the Brahmas a big favor. We won't take anything for granted again. Thanks, Sealy! Now, on to tackle more Tigers! GO BRAHMAS!

Just like the Sweeny game taught the Tigers a thing or two as well. A loss tends to do that to ya!

Let's get after it, Tigers!

TigerFan51
11-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Is this for certain? And why Saturday? Is it because La Vernia/Goliad is playing Saturday? Has a time been set? What field? ??? Can you disclose your source? If you can think of any more answers, I will think up some more questions!

I thought Victoria only had the one field that playoff games were played on - Victoria Memorial or is it just Memorial Stadium - Home of the Vipers!

BrahmaMom
11-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I figured Victoria would be the next stop for the winner of Bellville-Wharton. These Brahmas were too young to remember our loss to Sinton in Victoria. It was painful for those Brahmas and their fans. A loss to Sealy got us focused--let's hope we remain that way. The Bulls have grown and matured in their game, I trust they'll play hard and leave it all on the field Friday night. GO BRAHMAS!

Bulligator
11-12-2008, 05:16 PM
I figured Victoria would be the next stop for the winner of Bellville-Wharton. These Brahmas were too young to remember our loss to Sinton in Victoria. It was painful for those Brahmas and their fans. A loss to Sealy got us focused--let's hope we remain that way. The Bulls have grown and matured in their game, I trust they'll play hard and leave it all on the field Friday night. GO BRAHMAS!

BrahmaMom, I was at that game, but don't seem to remember the score. Old age and trying to forget painful losses may have something to do with that. Can you fill in the blanks for me? What was our record at that time?

BrahmaMom
11-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Too much to too little was the score!! I've been to too many games since then. I'll have to ask ol' #11--I'm sure he remembers all too well. I'll ask the record as well.

Bull's-eye
11-12-2008, 06:07 PM
21-13

BrahmaMom
11-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks. It still hurts. Ugh!

Necks_Fan
11-12-2008, 08:42 PM
I think the Brahmas take it by 17... just too much firepower for the Tigers this week.... but HOPEFULLY I'm wrong.

Go Wharton!:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Is this for certain? And why Saturday? Is it because La Vernia/Goliad is playing Saturday? Has a time been set? What field? ???

All 4 teams had to agree, Bellville, Wharton lost the flip for Friday.

duckhunter
11-13-2008, 09:46 AM
All 4 teams had to agree, Bellville, Wharton lost the flip for Friday. :confused: :confused:

Bull's-eye
11-13-2008, 12:13 PM
All 4 teams had to agree, Bellville, Wharton lost the flip for Friday.

George Jones is also playing on that Friday. :cool:

BrahmaMom
11-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Bulligator: Bellville's record 2001 was 12-1, per former #11. thanks for the memories...It was a good season for the Brahmas! I'm ready for another lloooonnnnngggg run! GO BULLS!

TigerFan51
11-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Clarification please? I think I know who you're talking about, but it really is hard to tell with some of you guys sometimes.

scrub c
11-13-2008, 04:04 PM
going with the underdog in this one.
wharton wins...

Plus, it is hard to beat the same team twice in one season. ;)

Necks_Fan
11-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Plus, it is hard to beat the same team twice in one season. ;) Bellville would know.

Nah, You gonna make it to the District games this tomorrow? and tonight?

Bull's-eye
11-13-2008, 04:59 PM

The legendary country singer will be in Houston that Friday. I've already got tickets and was hoping it wouldn't interfere with the playoffs.

TigerFan51
11-13-2008, 07:57 PM
The legendary country singer will be in Houston that Friday. I've already got tickets and was hoping it wouldn't interfere with the playoffs.

That's who I thought you were talking about...he's my cousin, on my Mother's side of the family. She was a Jones and her Dad and George Jones's Dad were brothers, if I understood my my Mom correctly.

Boy, has this ever gotten WAY off topic, lol!

TigerFan51
11-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Let's get this back on topic. IT'S GAME DAY! Woo Hoo!! And thank goodness I'm feeling better but still this nasty cold is hanging on but it'd take a herd of wild horses to keep me from the game tonight! Even if I have to crawl there, I'm going!

Old Green
11-14-2008, 06:25 AM
I thought Victoria only had the one field that playoff games were played on - Victoria Memorial or is it just Memorial Stadium - Home of the Vipers! They have a smaller Stadium. Patti Welder that seats about 3500 that smaller schools use sometimes for playoffs

Bulligator
11-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Here's the weather forecast for El Campo on Friday:

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. North wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to between 15 and 20 mph. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.

Looks like we'll have a good old Texas norther arriving this evening. I don't think the temperature will have much effect, but the wind might. Neither team passes that much, but punting and special teams could see some problems.

TigerFan51
11-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Here's the weather forecast for El Campo on Friday:

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. North wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to between 15 and 20 mph. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.

Looks like we'll have a good old Texas norther arriving this evening. I don't think the temperature will have much effect, but the wind might. Neither team passes that much, but punting and special teams could see some problems.

WeatherBug isn't calling for the real gusty winds until after midnight tonight. There still will be the 5 to 10mph winds but nothing near the 25mph mark during the game. It should be getting a little cool though.

STAggie
11-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Let's go Brahmas! We started the sweep last night, now finish the job.

TigerFan51
11-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
Let's go Brahmas! We started the sweep last night, now finish the job. :rolleyes:

duckhunter
11-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
Let's go Brahmas! We started the sweep last night, now finish the job. why should bellville finish your job? you too lazy youself to finish sweeping???? :hand: dont half @$$ it. nobody likes a quiter. much less one who starts a job and doesnt finish it out himself.

BrahmaMom
11-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks, STAggie for the support! Last night's community pep rally showed the Brahmas Bellville is behind them! I am ready for the game, football weather just makes it better! Especially with the heads up. Go Brahmas, let's take care of Wharton tonight!

STAggie
11-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks, STAggie for the support! Last night's community pep rally showed the Brahmas Bellville is behind them! I am ready for the game, football weather just makes it better! Especially with the heads up. Go Brahmas, let's take care of Wharton tonight!

Speaking of the pep rally, way to take up all the parking at the court house all day. LOL. Good luck Brahmas football and volleyball.

Bull's-eye
11-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Good luck Bulls!

trg
11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Lets go Bulls!!!! Keep up the intensity and leave it all on the field.

BrahmaMom
11-14-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm off to the send-off around the square. Sorry we took up space athe courthouse yesterday, but I hope it happens again! GO BRAHMAS!!!!!