Panther Dad X 2
11-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Any Predictions

gobbler grad
11-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Liberty Hill of course...:D

ILS1
11-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Any info on West? Their record? Who have they played? Any more important info about them? Just curious? Thanks.

:D :D :D

bp80884
11-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Any info on West? Their record? Who have they played? Any more important info about them? Just curious? Thanks.

They played China Spring. We beat them up pretty bad. Scrappy team as well as good sportmanship.

LHexPlayer
11-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Purple Thunder Rolls:D

ProudHornetMom
11-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Is there any doubt? Nah! LH continues to dominate.

martwayne
11-08-2008, 09:02 PM
good luck LH to bad ya'll had to go div II cause us navasota boys wanted another shot

OldBison75
11-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Liberty Hill remains on a roll in this one. The Panthers are just too strong for West. As for the previous reply about LH being in Division 2 and Navasota wanting another shot at ya'll. Yes, the Rattlers want to play the best teams out there and LH is still at the top of that list. However, as a fan, I did feel a little more confident after learning that LH would be division 2. Navasota is a much better team this year, but I am not yet convinced that they had completely turned the tide. If they find it through the Region 3 teams, I will feel better.

Liberty Hill is still Number 1 until somebody beats them.

headhunter
11-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Liberty Hill wins by 30

West would have to play the game of their life to have a shot at this one. I don't see it happening.

solocam
11-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Cats by 28

trojan37
11-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

Our offense is led by uh, um, and, and we have this one kid that uh, oh, and our defense is really really ahh, hmm. Well we do have one thing LH doesn't have and that's a 1,ooo yard passer.:tongue: :D

Super_R
11-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Well we do have one thing LH doesn't have and that's a 1,ooo yard passer.:tongue: :D

You guys also have the wife of LH's Sup working there.

West has a 5-5 record...Brownwood can't even boast a .500 win percentage and they are the best there ever was.

Of West's 5 wins only one of those opponents are headed to the playoffs...thats 2A Godley (6-4). The combined records of the 5 teams West beat are 15-35. I wouldnt call those quality wins.

Lets see...you guys are scoring 20 points per game and giving up 22 per game.

LH is averaging 43 ppg and allowing 17 ppg.

It doesn't look good for you guys.

LH rolls.

bp80884
11-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
You guys also have the wife of LH's Sup working there.

West has a 5-5 record...Brownwood can't even boast a .500 win percentage and they are the best there ever was.

Of West's 5 wins only one of those opponents are headed to the playoffs...thats 2A Godley (6-4). The combined records of the 5 teams West beat are 15-35. I wouldnt call those quality wins.

Lets see...you guys are scoring 20 points per game and giving up 22 per game.

LH is averaging 43 ppg and allowing 17 ppg.

It doesn't look good for you guys.

LH rolls.

Hmm, after these interesting facts, I am changing my opinion. I think West rolls by 10. :rolleyes:

roughneck_2008
11-09-2008, 06:30 PM
LH just too much

SHSBulldog00
11-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Liberty Hill wins this game and get's ready for the Vernon Lions in round 2.

Tell Coach Draper to keep up the good work and best of luck on their qwest for excellence. Support from Sweeny, may we see you again in December on a bigger scale.

Rabid Cougar
11-09-2008, 07:41 PM
West has better kolaches and sausage!

SHSBulldog00
11-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Can't argue with that. Never been there but if they are half as good as those in Needville or El Campo maybe I'll come by.

Centextrash
11-09-2008, 10:09 PM
West Does have Great Kolache's!
LaGrange has some good ones also!
BUT, I have to go with Needville as the best!

Rabid Cougar
11-09-2008, 11:35 PM
But i don't think that will make any difference in the game.

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Tell Coach Draper to keep up the good work and best of luck on their qwest for excellence. Support from Sweeny, may we see you again in December on a bigger scale.
Will do! I'm sure he will appreciate it. :)

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Atleast West has cool uniforms:thumbsup:

Super_R
11-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Well we do have one thing LH doesn't have and that's a 1,ooo yard passer.:tongue: :D

LH has 2 1000 yard rushers. #33 Fickel and #22 Boyd.

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 12:32 PM
IF LH wins this one, we will play Vernon. Where do you think that game will be? Looks like Brownwood and Abilene are the only choices that make sense, hope it's Abilene!

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Looks like Brownwood and Abilene are the only choices that make sense, hope it's Abilene!
Stephenville is another....but that's another thread, another week. We have to TCB against the Trojans first.

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 12:43 PM
I thought about Stephenville after I posted that, but I like Abilene better:p

footballmom
11-10-2008, 12:43 PM
word here in Vernon is Mineral Wells on Sat. @ 2

JDOG
11-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
West Does have Great Kolache's!
LaGrange has some good ones also!
BUT, I have to go with Needville as the best! You just like the Shiners that go along with them in Nerdville! Make them more tasty!

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by footballmom
word here in Vernon is Mineral Wells on Sat. @ 2

That has to be wishful thinking, that's a full hour closer for Vernon. I don't see Coach Vance bending that much, my guess would be Stephenville.

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2008, 12:50 PM
That has to be wishful thinking, that's a full hour closer for Vernon. I don't see Coach Vance bending that much, my guess would be Stephenville.
It would be a neutral location between all 3 teams, so I can see MW being pretty neutral.

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It would be a neutral location between all 3 teams, so I can see MW being pretty neutral.

:( Boo on your for raining on my parade:mad:

I want it in Abilene:bigcry: :bigcry:

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2008, 01:14 PM
:( Boo on your for raining on my parade:mad:

I want it in Abilene:bigcry: :bigcry:
It's not always (should be :p ) about us.

Trojan37 - tell me more about your 1000-yd passer and the rest of your team. :)

Runnin Panther
11-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Don't know much about West, but I thought I'd share an article I read last week.

Friday, November 07, 2008

By Chad Conine

Tribune-Herald staff writer

WEST — The West Trojans might not win any beauty contests.

There are plenty of programs in Central Texas that have been flashier than West. Plenty that have climbed higher in the state rankings. Plenty that strike fear into an opponent more so than the Trojans.

But there might not be another team that’s been clutch when it had to be like West.

Despite losing five of their first seven, the Trojans never surrendered to defeat. Now they’re right back where they’ve been for most of this decade — on the cusp of a playoff berth.

“Nobody gave up on our team,” West senior linebacker Kevin Khoury said. “We knew we had to win the last three, which has been the situation every year I’ve been on varsity.”

Going into tonight’s game against Whitney, West needs a win or a Gatesville loss to second-ranked China Spring for the Trojans to earn their fifth consecutive trip to the playoffs.

West (4-5, 2-2 District 7-3A) dug its way out of an 0-2 start in district with wins over Hillsboro and Gatesville the last two weeks.

That run started in the postgame locker room following a 44-7 loss to China Spring.

“When we got beat by China, the first thing we told them was, ‘You’re still controlling your own destiny,’ ” coach Rick Wolf said. “As long as you can do that, these kids will find a way to win.”

Wolf didn’t have to look too far back to make that assessment.

The Trojans won their final three games in 2005 and 2006, then went 2-1 down the stretch in 2007 to make the playoffs in all three seasons.

But this year could have raised a few more doubts.

West began this fall with two straight shutout losses to Salado and Lorena.

Wolf thought he had an experienced core group of athletes ready to go, but injuries and inexperienced skill players on offense kept the Trojans off rhythm.

“Naturally, without scoring, there was a little bit of doubt,” Khoury said. “We all figured we’d come into a stride sooner or later. We hit that after we started scoring regularly, and it got easier. The defense was able to stay off the field longer. The offense controlled the ball, and now we’re winning.”

West junior quarterback Kelvin Anthony, a first-year starter, began to improve. Wolf said Anthony started reading defenses well and finding open receivers at the end of the nondistrict schedule.

Anthony ran for a touchdown and tossed another one to Mason Powledge in the Trojans’ first victory of the season, a 19-13 defeat of Groesbeck.

Then West broke loose against Godley for a 33-20 win to cap district play.

“Against Godley, we kind of dominated from the start of it,” Anthony said. “I was passing better. I wasn’t really consistent at the beginning of the year. But in the Godley game, we were hitting on all cylinders.”

So after the Trojans fell to Glen Rose and China Spring on the first two Fridays of district play, they knew they still had better talent than the record showed.

West proved it by thumping Hillsboro two weeks ago, 28-13.

Anthony passed for 221 yards and ran for two touchdowns, while Trojans running back Cody Aycock rushed for 145 yards and two more scores.

“I thought the big thing was how well we passed the ball,” Wolf said. “They were trying our quarterback, and Kelvin has started operating and understanding his reads. We made them pay for it and hit some long balls over the top. Kelvin did the same thing against Gatesville by picking them apart.”

Gatesville brought a more attractive 5-3 record into the pivotal district game last week.

But having gained some momentum against Hillsboro, the Trojans could suddenly see their road to another playoff berth opening up in front of them.

“The playoffs did play a big part the last four years,” Wolf said. “Because they’ve been in big games like this and they know how important it is to get back to the playoffs. They’ve been in it before and like what it’s all about. I think that contributed to the Gatesville game.”

Whether it was the hunger to get back into the postseason, the newfound offensive rhythm or a combination of both, West rolled over the Hornets, 44-33.

The Trojans, leading 30-26 in the fourth quarter, came up with a key stop deep in their own territory.

Then Aycock got away from the Hornet defense to turn in an 88-yard touchdown run, stretching West’s lead to 37-26 with less than three minutes remaining.

Aycock finished the game with 173 rushing yards and three touchdowns, while Anthony also burned the Hornets for three touchdown tosses and 198 passing yards. Dalton Vannatta led West with five catches for 85 yards and a score.

“We really had momentum going into the Gatesville game,” Wolf said. “We had a great offensive performance. Kelvin Anthony and Cody Aycock started getting used to that speed.”

Wolf said he’s warned his team that tonight’s game against Whitney is every bit as much of a playoff-type game as the previous two, though West will certainly be the favorite against a Whitney team that enters the final week of the regular season 0-9.

If the Trojans win this week, they will likely play top-ranked Liberty Hill in the first round of the playoffs. That continues a trend that’s pitted West against some of the state’s best, including Decatur, Celina and Dallas Madison, once it’s reached the postseason.

The fact that West is 1-4 in the playoffs since 2004 doesn’t seem to disourage the Trojans.

“Getting in the playoffs is the first step to go anywhere,” Khoury said. “It’s really important to everyone at this school and in this town. We kind of want to make it a custom and a legacy.”

cconine@wacotrib.com

757-5711

WEST’S FAST FINISHES

West’s record has been much better in its last three games than the first seven the last few years.

Year First 7 Last 3 District result

2004 3-4 2-1 3rd, playoffs

2005 4-3 3-0 1st, playoffs

2006 5-2 3-0 1st, playoffs

2007 4-3 2-1 3rd, playoffs

2008 2-5 2-0 so far

trojan37
11-10-2008, 04:19 PM
All I can say about this team is they made it. Our QB is a first year starter at that position. Our RB that was supposed to be the top rusher in our district was out at the beginning of the year due to an injury and didn't come back until the Mexia game, and then quit after the China Spring game. We have had 2 kids out all year with injuries and our TE went out after 3 3rd game of the season. Costly mistakes, no depth and not being able to play 4 full quarters has hurt the team all year. The only positive thing going into this game is our run defense is pretty good. I'm not saying they can stop everyone but that seems to be the best part of it. A lot of people are counting us out and it's easy to see why, but an upset in this one would loom large for LH and be the biggest win in West history.

LH_Tuff
11-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Who is the home team?

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Who is the home team?
I believe West is - I heard we'll be in white.

Daddy D 11
11-11-2008, 12:15 PM
LHPM, is Witbeck ever going to come back?

solocam
11-11-2008, 12:32 PM
LHPM, is Witbeck ever going to come back?
Next Year

gibby
11-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Dang, this is sooooo obvious that I can't even vote.

ratherbfishin
11-11-2008, 01:42 PM
LH by a mile!!! The only reason UIL allows LH to play is so that the LH parents have something to do on fri nights...good luck to both sides!!!

Daddy D 11
11-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Does West base out of the shotgun? What's their bread and butter?

trojan37
11-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Does West base out of the shotgun? What's their bread and butter?

Shotgun. But who knows this week. It could be something completely different. Just don't go Gatesville on up please(70 or 80 points) because I don't think I'll be able to watch that. Who all is going to this one?

OldBison75
11-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Liberty Hill by as much as they want to score. But, West can take heart that they are not the first team to lose to the Panthers in the playoffs. To the West fans, watch the LH players and coaching staff and the precision that they display on the field. It is really a beautiful thing once you accept that they are as good as you have heard. Also, you will find that the LH fans and team are the most enthusiastic but well mannered you will ever find. They support thier team, but seldom have a bad thing to say about them after the game. PURE CLASS ON AND OFF THE FIELD.

Daddy D 11
11-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Shotgun. But who knows this week. It could be something completely different. Just don't go Gatesville on up please(70 or 80 points) because I don't think I'll be able to watch that. Who all is going to this one?

I can't make this one, a little too far out of my gas money reach.

Super_R
11-11-2008, 03:41 PM

I'm in for the road trip.

Daddy D 11
11-11-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm in for the road trip.

You better make next weeks game, it'll be out in my part of the country.

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Who all is going to this one?
I'll definitely be there! :)

BILLYFRED0000
11-11-2008, 05:01 PM
I like West. They play good hard hitting football. But they are usually out gunned. They play with class LH and you will enjoy the game. It should not have cheap shots and trash. But LH should roll. And their D will probably hold West to one score. Perhaps 2. No offense West posters.

trojan37
11-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I like West. They play good hard hitting football. But they are usually out gunned. They play with class LH and you will enjoy the game. It should not have cheap shots and trash. But LH should roll. And their D will probably hold West to one score. Perhaps 2. No offense West posters.

Come on BILLYFRED cut us some slack, one score? Seriously, I've always heard so much about the LH running game but not much about the defense. So how is the defense? What's the scheme? Can they cover the pass? I know about Lattimore, no need to go there.:hand:

Daddy D 11
11-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Come on BILLYFRED cut us some slack, one score? Seriously, I've always heard so much about the LH running game but not much about the defense. So how is the defense? What's the scheme? Can they cover the pass? I know about Lattimore, no need to go there.:hand:
We run a split 6. Defense is very opportunistic.

BILLYFRED0000
11-11-2008, 05:14 PM

They have a very good defense. Decent cover speed on the db, and the split is a scheme you guys don't see often. It is very good at going run pass and easy to disguise. Plus they tend to keep the ball a lot limiting your opportunities. Your Defense is good but it is just good enough to slow them down a little not stop them. It will actually take more time away from your O. Two scores would be best you can do against their D. They will have 5 or 6 td's.

wimbo_pro
11-11-2008, 06:10 PM

their D is the reason they are 2-time state champs. For years, they would rack up the offensive yards...its only since they toughened up on D that they became champs. I would put their D in the top 10 for sure...maybe top 5.

K-MAC Chuck
11-11-2008, 06:22 PM
for the 2 cents it's worth..got stats from Waco Trib..

Info Box:
A summary of the 5-5 season for the West Trojans, who will play Liberty Hill Friday night in Temple in the bi-district playoffs. West went 3-2 in District 7-3A play.

August 29 Salado Lost 0 - 26
September 5 @ Lorena Lost 0 - 7
September 12 Groesbeck Won 19 - 13
September 26 @ Mexia Lost 35 - 13
October 3 @ Godley Won 35 - 21
October 10 Glen Rose Lost 28 - 21
October 17 @ China Spring Lost 44 - 7
October 24 Hillsboro Won 28 - 13
October 31 Gatesville Won 44 - 33
November 7 @ Whitney Won 34-0

Headline: LHHS Panthers just ‘another top-ranked team’ in playoffs for West Trojans

By Chuck Licata
Independent Sports Editor

Make no mistake – Coach Rick Wolf of the West Trojans (5-5 overall, 3-2 in District 7-3A) and the Trojans players have a lot of respect for Jerry Vance’s top-ranked Liberty Hill Panthers (10-0, 6-0) going into Friday night’s Class 3A, Division II bi-district playoff game at Wildcat Stadium in Temple.
Thing is, Wolf and the Trojans have seen this many times before.
West enters the playoffs for the fifth consecutive season but the Trojans have had the “bad luck” of playing top-ranked teams in the first round.
Back in 2004 and ‘05, the Trojans played Decatur, which was ranked #1 in ’04 and #2 in ’05, according to Wolf. The Trojans lost both games: 59-14 and 31-7, respectively.
Stepping to the plate in the first round in 2006-07 was Dallas Madison, a top-10 team in both seasons. The Trojans lost 39-25 in ’06 before finally breaking through in ’07 with a hard-fought 10-6 victory. Unfortunately for Wolf’s crew, their second-round game in ’07 pitted them against eventual state-champion Celina – say hello to a 41-0 whitewash at the hands of the ’07, Division II state titlists.
“We somehow end up with a top-ranked team in the first round of the playoffs,” Wolf said with a chuckle Tuesday morning. “We’re getting used to it by now, I guess. Coach (Jerry) Vance has a great program over there at Liberty Hill; those kids are well-coached and display a lot of discipline on the field.”
If the Trojans are to make some headway against the Panthers, they’ll probably try to do it with their passing attack, led by their 1,000-yard passer, junior quarterback Kelvin Anthony, who’s completed 87 of 170 passes for 1,145 yards and 10 touchdowns. He’s also thrown six interceptions.
Anthony’s favorite targets include Heath Harris (21 receptions, 291 yards and 3 TDs); junior Ryan Wilcoxson (12 receptions, 257 yards, three TDs); Dalton Vannata (14, 217, one TD); and Jordan Grimm (17 and 214). Senior Kevin Khoury, Troy Manolakis and Mason Powledge have also caught scoring passes from Anthony.
Wolf said Anthony’s progress as a passer really took hold in the team’s first district games – losses to Glen Rose and district champ China Springs. “Kevin really stepped up in those games,” Wolf stated. “Yes, we lost those games but he started to show he could read defensive schemes and hot routes. What helps make him effective is that he can run the ball and get out of the box when he the pressure gets bad around him.”
Anthony has certainly helped the Trojans’ rushing game from his quarterback position – he’s rushed 114 times for 455 yards and seven touchdowns. Junior running back Cody Aycock contributes to a balanced rushing attack; he’s toted the ball 132 times for 697 yards (a 5.28 yards/carry average) and a team-high eight touchdowns. Other rushers for West include Manolakis (68, 272, TD); Khoury (15, 179, TD) and Lane Machac (two carries for nine yards).
Defensively, Khoury (93 tackles, eight sacks), Wilcoxson (85 tackles, two sacks) and Jordan Grimm (74 tackles) head up a defensive unit that’s tallied 13 sacks and eight interceptions. “Khoury was our team leader in sacks and tackles last year and has proven to be a fine team leader,” Wolf remarked. “He’s been starting since his sophomore year and he’s a double-threat on both sides of the ball.”
The Trojans come into Friday’s contest riding a three-game win streak in which they’ve outscored their opponents, 106-46; that includes a shut out of Whitney in the last game of the regular season. A big part of that reason, Wolf summarized, is simple – the team finally got back some injured players.
“We were besieged by injuries in the early part of the season,” Wolf revealed. “Going into district play we only had 26 players on the varsity roster, including seven players who started on both sides of the ball. Our coaching staff had to pull up some players off the JV team; that gave us (a lot of) backups, but they didn’t have a lot of experience playing in Friday night.
“That resulted in a few losses late in games because our kids were so tired. For example, we had a 21-7 lead over Glen Rose but they scored three touchdowns in the fourth quarter to beat us. Against China Spring we played them tight early on but they beat us with a big second half. We’re very happy to have close to (a full squad) for Friday’s game.”
Wolf summed up the Panthers this way. “Their offense, year in and year out, is amazing. A lot of schools are moving to the ‘spread’ offense but Liberty Hill sticks with the Slot-T. When you face the Slot-T once or twice a year, it’s tough to defend. We’ll have our hands full, that’s for sure.”
Wolf then claimed the Panthers’ defense doesn’t get its just “due.”
“The focus and spotlight is usually on the Liberty Hill offense; the defense has been overshadowed,” Wolf explained. “That defense has stopped a lot of good teams and played well against some ranked teams. They execute well (on defense) and don’t get the credit they deserve.”

K-MAC Chuck
11-11-2008, 06:30 PM
2 for a $.25 :D

Headline: Liberty Hill vs. West playoff game; a ‘house divided’ for LHISD Superintendent

By Chuck Licata
Final Score

(note: Feel free to use Hart’s mug shot in this story if you’d like)

When current LHISD Superintendent Dr. Rob Hart – who came from the West Independent School District – signed on to become the successor to Dr. Dean Andrews, he was well aware of one situation that could “come about” and make his life just a little bit more complicated.
“When I took the (Liberty Hill) job, I immediately was aware the UIL had put West High School in District 7-3A and Liberty Hill in 8-3A,” West told me over the phone Tuesday afternoon. “But I thought, ‘Wow, what are the odds of that happening, that they would meet in the playoffs?’ After all, outside of facing each other in track meets, West and Liberty Hill never faced each other head-to-head, especially in football. There was so much that had to happen for this (Friday night’s playoff matchup) to come about – I really didn’t think it would happen.”
Well, it has. What’s even worse for Hart; his wife Penny, senior high school daughter Ariana and eighth-grade daughter Shelby all still live in West.
Penny Hart, in fact, is the sponsor for the West H.S. dance team; Ariana is a daughter on the dance team; and, Shelby helps with the props for the high school games.
You know all those horror stories about families in Austin who are “divided” when Texas plays Texas A&M because half the family graduated from Texas and the other half from A&M?
Welcome to the Hart House – divided. Or, as one of Hart’s co-workers suggested, the Liberty Hill/West game Friday night could be referred to as “The Hart Bowl.”
“When I first came to Liberty Hill, I joked with the editor of the West News that we’d go ahead and make plans to hold a Liberty Hill/West playoff game in Temple,” Hart revealed with a hearty chuckle. “As the season developed, I’d see him when I’d go home to visit my family. We used to joke, ‘Hey, still planning on that game in Temple?’ When West lost (its first two playoff games), I really didn’t think this matchup would happen.”
But, the Trojans won their last three district games, giving them the last playoff spot out of 7-3A and a first-round matchup against Hart’s “new” home team, the Panthers.
So – who does Hart root for on Friday night? His former employer or his current employer?
“It really is a test of loyalties,” Hart admitted. “But, I’m all purple and gold on Friday night. I’ve had a lot of friends and family ask me who I’m going to root for, but the answer has been Liberty Hill.”
However – don’t expect Hart’s family to sit with him on the Liberty Hill side of the stands.
“Actually, I do hope my eighth-grade daughter Shelby comes over and sits with me,” Hart declared, again with a chuckle in his voice. “My wife and other daughter are involved with the dance team so there’s no chance of them coming over (to the Liberty Hill side).”
That’s okay, Rob – I’m sure you’ll have plenty of company on the Panthers’ side of the stadium.
On a personal note: Rob Hart will join me at halftime of the game for a live interview on the K-MAC Sports broadcast. The broadcast begins at 7 p.m. Central; I’ll join the LHHS crew of Tim Dean, Greg Sariti and Ty Dean.

trojan37
11-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
2 for a $.25 :D

Headline: Liberty Hill vs. West playoff game; a ‘house divided’ for LHISD Superintendent

By Chuck Licata
Final Score

(note: Feel free to use Hart’s mug shot in this story if you’d like)

When current LHISD Superintendent Dr. Rob Hart – who came from the West Independent School District – signed on to become the successor to Dr. Dean Andrews, he was well aware of one situation that could “come about” and make his life just a little bit more complicated.
“When I took the (Liberty Hill) job, I immediately was aware the UIL had put West High School in District 7-3A and Liberty Hill in 8-3A,” West told me over the phone Tuesday afternoon. “But I thought, ‘Wow, what are the odds of that happening, that they would meet in the playoffs?’ After all, outside of facing each other in track meets, West and Liberty Hill never faced each other head-to-head, especially in football. There was so much that had to happen for this (Friday night’s playoff matchup) to come about – I really didn’t think it would happen.”
Well, it has. What’s even worse for Hart; his wife Penny, senior high school daughter Ariana and eighth-grade daughter Shelby all still live in West.
Penny Hart, in fact, is the sponsor for the West H.S. dance team; Ariana is a daughter on the dance team; and, Shelby helps with the props for the high school games.
You know all those horror stories about families in Austin who are “divided” when Texas plays Texas A&M because half the family graduated from Texas and the other half from A&M?
Welcome to the Hart House – divided. Or, as one of Hart’s co-workers suggested, the Liberty Hill/West game Friday night could be referred to as “The Hart Bowl.”
“When I first came to Liberty Hill, I joked with the editor of the West News that we’d go ahead and make plans to hold a Liberty Hill/West playoff game in Temple,” Hart revealed with a hearty chuckle. “As the season developed, I’d see him when I’d go home to visit my family. We used to joke, ‘Hey, still planning on that game in Temple?’ When West lost (its first two playoff games), I really didn’t think this matchup would happen.”
But, the Trojans won their last three district games, giving them the last playoff spot out of 7-3A and a first-round matchup against Hart’s “new” home team, the Panthers.
So – who does Hart root for on Friday night? His former employer or his current employer?
“It really is a test of loyalties,” Hart admitted. “But, I’m all purple and gold on Friday night. I’ve had a lot of friends and family ask me who I’m going to root for, but the answer has been Liberty Hill.”
However – don’t expect Hart’s family to sit with him on the Liberty Hill side of the stands.
“Actually, I do hope my eighth-grade daughter Shelby comes over and sits with me,” Hart declared, again with a chuckle in his voice. “My wife and other daughter are involved with the dance team so there’s no chance of them coming over (to the Liberty Hill side).”
That’s okay, Rob – I’m sure you’ll have plenty of company on the Panthers’ side of the stadium.
On a personal note: Rob Hart will join me at halftime of the game for a live interview on the K-MAC Sports broadcast. The broadcast begins at 7 p.m. Central; I’ll join the LHHS crew of Tim Dean, Greg Sariti and Ty Dean.

TRADER!:tongue: Seriously Dr. Hart is a great person. I'm sure it's hard for him to be in this situation. Maybe he'll start pulling for us after we win Friday night.

:D

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Maybe he'll start pulling for us after we win Friday night.

:D
I'm sure he will! :)

Super_R
11-11-2008, 08:15 PM
You better make next weeks game, it'll be out in my part of the country.

You know I'm in it for the long haul.

Super_R
11-11-2008, 08:27 PM

The Panther D has pitched 3 shutouts this year. I would say that the secoundary has been picked on quite a bit. However, that secoundary has had 3 or 4 pic 6's and probably 8 more regular ints. If the Panther's front 4 puts pressure on the qb then this game will be over early. If they don't disrupt the passing game then the secoundary will be tested.

I predict LH by 4+ scores.

Rabid Cougar
11-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
their D is the reason they are 2-time state champs. For years, they would rack up the offensive yards...its only since they toughened up on D that they became champs. I would put their D in the top 10 for sure...maybe top 5.

Hum..... Had a 20 point lead on Burnet and it disappeared in blink of an eye.

Daddy D 11
11-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Hum..... Had a 20 point lead on Burnet and it disappeared in blink of an eye.

Hum.. You might find out what Burnets got too here pretty soon. And your season could be over in the blink of an eye:doh: :eek:

Panther One
11-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Our defense isn't where it was last year entering the playoffs, but it is probably a little better than it was in 2006. We've definitely had our ups and downs this year defensively. We threw a lot of first year guys into the fire well before they were ready, but they made it through without a defeat and improved as the season went on. I think our biggest weakness early in the year was not recognizing screens. Wylie, Brownwood, and especially Burnet all exploited that big time. That's the biggest reason Burnet stayed in the game with us. If the Wimberley game was any indication, it looks like we have remedied that problem, but I'm sure we'll be tested again.

Panther One
11-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Hum.. You might find out what Burnets got too here pretty soon. And your season could be over in the blink of an eye:doh: :eek:
I would just advise CS not to let up if they do get a big lead and be ready for everything Burnet can throw at them. They play the underdog with nothing to lose roll very well.

KingRob
11-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Liberty Hill keeps winning...

Liberty Hill - 42
West - 13

Rabid Cougar
11-12-2008, 08:18 AM
I have no doubt that LH will have the upper hand. Obviously, their strong point is running the ball. West has a hard time stopping the run either by slot T or spread. West's problem on O is that their receivers are not very good which puts more stress on their running game.

Super_R
11-12-2008, 08:36 AM
I have no doubt that LH will have the upper hand. Obviously, their strong point is running the ball. West has a hard time stopping the run either by slot T or spread. West's problem on O is that their receivers are not very good which puts more stress on their running game.

Thats not a good thing for anyone facing the Panthers. If you can't stop the run you're in deep fodder. If you can't catch the ball when you are open...its basket ball time.

OldBison75
11-12-2008, 08:47 AM
You don't win 30 something games in a row if you don't have a top notch defense. That said, Liberty Hill get alot of recognition for the offensive numbers and consistency they have shown. But, don't think that they outscore opponents. The Split 6 defense they run is very disciplined and effective. The stunts and schemes they run make it very difficult to figure out who to block on each play. They will rush 4-5 players on passing downs, but you never know which ones. I watched linebackers blitz and defensive ends drop off in flat pass coverage. I saw a run defense that plays their lanes very well and penetrates into the backfield alot. Against passing teams, the secondary is consistently playing pretty good, with better speed that you think they have. They switch off and cover two very well. In addition, the front rush gets enough pressure on the passer to cause alot of passes to be thrown while on the run or rushed, and that hurts the effectiveness of the passing game.

Liberty Hill may be an offensive running machine, but the defense is just about as impressive, even though it is hardly ever talked about. Oh, by the way, they will knock your socks off with hard hits, then reach down and help you up and pat your back. And, you won't see them jumping up and showboating for the crowd. Very good and very disciplined.

Come on
11-12-2008, 08:20 PM
LH has 2 1000 yard rushers. #33 Fickel and #22 Boyd.

And the best cheerleader, Mini_R:cool:

trojan37
11-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Come on

Please God, PLEASE tell me you're not from West coming on here starting trouble. PLEASE NO!:doh:

Super_R
11-12-2008, 08:29 PM

I'm the best at a lot of things...but, being the best cheerleader isn't one of them.

Hey...tell you mom to put a little less startch on my cape...I like it to blow in the wind a little more. Tell the misses that I'll be by a little later to pick her up.

:devil:

See ya in Temple

Come on
11-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Please God, PLEASE tell me you're not from West coming on here starting trouble. PLEASE NO!:doh:

No, Im just a fan of Mini_R. He is Really something when he does his cheers.:D

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2008, 08:31 PM
No, Im just a fan of Mini_R. He is Really something when he does his cheers.:D
:eek: :eek: Good Lord! He needs to leave the tights to the girls!

Super_R
11-12-2008, 08:35 PM
:eek: :eek: Good Lord! He needs to leave the tights to the girls!

This isn't the 80's...I don't wear tights anymore. I'm more of a jeans and boots guy...espceially at football games.

Come on
11-12-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm the best at a lot of things...but, being the best cheerleader isn't one of them.

Hey...tell you mom to put a little less startch on my cape...I like it to blow in the wind a little more. Tell the misses that I'll be by a little later to pick her up.

:devil:

See ya in Temple

Well, you R a little quicker than I thought you were. See you in Temple. Blue 200

trojan37
11-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Do we know for sure yet who is home and who's visitor?

Super_R
11-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Blue 200

Blue 200!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Do we know for sure yet who is home and who's visitor?
I have heard that we will be wearing white, so you're home.

Come on
11-12-2008, 08:38 PM
This isn't the 80's...I don't wear tights anymore. I'm more of a jeans and boots guy...espceially at football games.

OOOOOH K!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Well, you R a little quicker than I thought you were. See you in Temple. Blue 200
Good to "see" you! :clap:

trojan37
11-12-2008, 08:42 PM
I have heard that we will be wearing white, so you're home.

Sweet! BACK IN BLACK!:2thumbsup

Come on
11-12-2008, 08:43 PM
So LH is the home team????

trojan37
11-12-2008, 08:44 PM
So LH is the home team????

No West is and they will be wearing these......................................

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm249/skank37/TyvsSalado116.jpg

bobcat1
11-12-2008, 08:54 PM
I think they were in their Tighty Whitey's last year. :p

Super_R
11-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Sweet! BACK IN BLACK!:2thumbsup

We prefer Thunderstruck!

Super_R
11-12-2008, 09:03 PM

You guys really pack the house...what was the occasion?..freshman game.

Come on
11-12-2008, 09:07 PM

Thanks

trojan37
11-12-2008, 09:57 PM
You guys really pack the house...what was the occasion?..freshman game.

That was the 1st game of the season. You are looking at the visitors side when we played Salado.

Rabid Cougar
11-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Ah yes.. CS's favorite West field maintenace man ......
Make sure you have someone watch your football field!!!!!

Come on
11-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Good to "see" you! :clap:

I figured it was time, some of these west tx folks haven't had the chance to get a dose of the, I believe they called it (Ground Pounding) and they seem to find it funny! As you know, the North South and East have got a dose and they didn't laugh so I guess its time for the west to get a little taste!! See ya Friday
;)

martwayne
11-12-2008, 11:17 PM
i have a question for any liberty hill fan i am from navasota and last year ya'll had a running back named dustin gonzales i think it was and he ran wild on our defense last year in regionals (20 somthing carries for 240 yrds and 3-4 tds) any way what happened to him this year he was flipping good

Come on
11-12-2008, 11:27 PM
He Grduated. :(

martwayne
11-13-2008, 12:27 AM
no college or ...

LHexPlayer
11-13-2008, 08:17 AM
LH rolls big in this one. West won't know what hit em.

trojan37
11-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
LH rolls big in this one. West won't know what hit em.

You coming to the M&G at halftime?

LHexPlayer
11-13-2008, 08:20 AM
ofcourse not:D

BILLYFRED0000
11-13-2008, 08:34 AM

I love the black uni's. Ya'll do look like a football team ya know.

trojan37
11-13-2008, 08:56 AM
I love the black uni's. Ya'll do look like a football team ya know.

I hope they play like a football team tomorrow night.

Super_R
11-13-2008, 09:12 AM
I hope they play like a football team tomorrow night.

The only uni that could help you guys win would be the on in Iron Man.

Come on with the come on!!!

trojan37
11-13-2008, 09:22 AM

hey, hey, HEY WATCH IT!:D The Trojans will be ready come game time.

firstcat
11-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by martwayne
i have a question for any liberty hill fan i am from navasota and last year ya'll had a running back named dustin gonzales i think it was and he ran wild on our defense last year in regionals (20 somthing carries for 240 yrds and 3-4 tds) any way what happened to him this year he was flipping good

And that was with him suffering from the flu the whole week and running fever during the game!

firstcat
11-13-2008, 10:00 AM
hey, hey, HEY WATCH IT!:D The Trojans will be ready come game time.

ready ain't the same as able....

Come on
11-13-2008, 10:14 AM

just don't know if the panthers can get by this one. Might be the end of the road.:o

DaHop72
11-13-2008, 10:27 AM
I figured it was time, some of these west tx folks haven't had the chance to get a dose of the, I believe they called it (Ground Pounding) and they seem to find it funny! As you know, the North South and East have got a dose and they didn't laugh so I guess its time for the west to get a little taste!! See ya Friday
;) Not meaning to hijack your thread and my team hasn't gotten "a dose" but I was a the Wylie-LH game and I think the Bulldogs took the "dose" and then returned it "by air". :D

Super_R
11-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Not meaning to hijack your thread and my team hasn't gotten "a dose" but I was a the Wylie-LH game and I think the Bulldogs took the "dose" and then returned it "by air". :D

Speaking of by air...what will your boys turn to when that front rolls in around 5pm and starts those northern winds a gustin at 20+ mph.

It's going to be one and done for your boys.

wimbo_pro
11-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
ready ain't the same as able....

You tell 'em, FirstCat!!!

firstcat
11-13-2008, 11:56 AM
You tell 'em, FirstCat!!!

Hey Wimbo!!!
You guys had a great team, and I truly am sorry that you aren't in the post-season!

I have an idea...if you want, I can probably rustle you up a Purple Panther shirt and you can come sit on our side from here on out! You know we'd do it for ya'll!!!!

DaHop72
11-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Speaking of by air...what will your boys turn to when that front rolls in around 5pm and starts those northern winds a gustin at 20+ mph.

It's going to be one and done for your boys. Wylie won't be playing Div. II so they won't get another shot, but they more than held their on. Were you there and saw the game?:thinking: :clap:

Super_R
11-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Wylie won't be playing Div. II so they won't get another shot, but they more than held their on. Were you there and saw the game?:thinking: :clap:

The aim of my comment wasn't at AW...it was at West. Smooth your ruffled feathers back down. I was at the game. 4 fumbles kept you guys in the game...do you remember that?

DaHop72
11-13-2008, 12:35 PM
The aim of my comment wasn't at AW...it was at West. Smooth your ruffled feathers back down. I was at the game. 4 fumbles kept you guys in the game...do you remember that? I only commented because you quoted me. Once again, I'm not from Wylie was only at the game as a fan to watch a good game. No feathers ruffled on my part and by the way fumbles are part of the game when you run the ball as much as the Panthers do. It happens in 2-3A alot as well. My comment was to the quote by Come On about teams from the west getting ready for the "ground pound". Is Liberty Hill good, yes. Are they as good as last year, I personally don't think so. Last years team would have run Wylie in the ground in the 3rd and 4th quarter and it didn't happen this year. IMO

themsu97
11-13-2008, 12:58 PM
I will go out on a limb and predict that West will show up and ready to play...

Liberty Hill wins

Super_R
11-13-2008, 01:00 PM
I only commented because you quoted me. Once again, I'm not from Wylie was only at the game as a fan to watch a good game. No feathers ruffled on my part and by the way fumbles are part of the game when you run the ball as much as the Panthers do. It happens in 2-3A alot as well. My comment was to the quote by Come On about teams from the west getting ready for the "ground pound". Is Liberty Hill good, yes. Are they as good as last year, I personally don't think so. Last years team would have run Wylie in the ground in the 3rd and 4th quarter and it didn't happen this year. IMO

I'm with you If you remember the fumbles they were dropped exchanges and snaps...not stripped balls or forced fumbles. It was an ugly night as far as holding on the the ball went...We had the infamous tony romo ball. Dropping a hand off isn't like dropping a pass.

I do agree...LH's D isn't as good...but, the O is as good if not better. The O might be more steady than more explosive though.

Come on
11-13-2008, 01:41 PM
I was and you don't get any prizes for holding your own!

Come on
11-13-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm with you If you remember the fumbles they were dropped exchanges and snaps...not stripped balls or forced fumbles. It was an ugly night as far as holding on the the ball went...We had the infamous tony romo ball. Dropping a hand off isn't like dropping a pass.

I do agree...LH's D isn't as good...but, the O is as good if not better. The O might be more steady than more explosive though.

Easy Mini_R, There NOT even Close

LHexPlayer
11-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Easy Mini_R, There NOT even Close

I agree with Come on. Although the stats are not that far off.

DaHop72
11-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I was and you don't get any prizes for holding your own! http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/dahop_guru_joe.jpg

Play that way in the playoffs and you sure won't be getting any prizes.:doh:

OldBison75
11-13-2008, 02:54 PM
There has been alot of discussion about the quality of LH Panther's defense on this thread and others all year. Alot of comparisions to last year. Statistically, the LH defense may be a little less dominating than last year, but don't let the numbers fool you. They have played one of the toughest schedules in 3A this year and some of those opponents have pretty darn good offenses (Wylie, Brownwood etc.) So, I am not surprised the numbers are a little different. BUT, the most important number is the fact that regardless of the competition, they held every opponent to a score total less than they scored.

Lets look at the pure facts, the Liberty Hill defense has played very well against the run and above average against the pass. The scoreboards show that even when faced with a high scoring offense, they may give up some yards, but they make stops when needed and create turnovers. Plus, they are fresher than most defenses because that offense on the Liberty Hill team gives them plenty of rest by eating up the clock on long drives.

Everyone knows that the offense will beat you and is sometimes almost unstoppable, but the defense does not get enough credit for what they do with little flash and not alot of high profile players. They are tough, quick, disciplined, and will knock you head off if you come in their area. LH might lose in the playoffs this year, although I don't think so, but it won't be because the defense did not play well. Somebody will have to play a perfect game offensively and defensively to beat them this year.

Come on
11-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
There has been alot of discussion about the quality of LH Panther's defense on this thread and others all year. Alot of comparisions to last year. Statistically, the LH defense may be a little less dominating than last year, but don't let the numbers fool you. They have played one of the toughest schedules in 3A this year and some of those opponents have pretty darn good offenses (Wylie, Brownwood etc.) So, I am not surprised the numbers are a little different. BUT, the most important number is the fact that regardless of the competition, they held every opponent to a score total less than they scored.

Lets look at the pure facts, the Liberty Hill defense has played very well against the run and above average against the pass. The scoreboards show that even when faced with a high scoring offense, they may give up some yards, but they make stops when needed and create turnovers. Plus, they are fresher than most defenses because that offense on the Liberty Hill team gives them plenty of rest by eating up the clock on long drives.

Everyone knows that the offense will beat you and is sometimes almost unstoppable, but the defense does not get enough credit for what they do with little flash and not alot of high profile players. They are tough, quick, disciplined, and will knock you head off if you come in their area. LH might lose in the playoffs this year, although I don't think so, but it won't be because the defense did not play well. Somebody will have to play a perfect game offensively and defensively to beat them this year.

Well put.

LHexPlayer
11-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75

Speaking of our defense. We are giving up 17.4 points per game this year compared to 15 points per game at the same time last year. Our schedule was much tougher this year also.

LHexPlayer
11-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Also our offense is averaging 43.2 points per game compared to 47.2 points per game at this time last season.

LHexPlayer
11-13-2008, 07:17 PM
How many games has West played on turf this year?

trojan37
11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
How many games has West played on turf this year?

Hmmmmmm.........none.

LHexPlayer
11-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Hmmmmmm.........none.

You guys know you have to wear socks only on turf right :D .
Has West ever seen the Slot T?

trojan37
11-13-2008, 07:33 PM

Don't believe so. I heard they are going to let us play 17 on defense instead of 11.

Rabid Cougar
11-13-2008, 07:41 PM

You can only wear bunny house shoes on turf.

They saw the "T" three weeks ago. Didn't do a very good job stopping it.

wimbo_pro
11-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
Hey Wimbo!!!
You guys had a great team, and I truly am sorry that you aren't in the post-season!

I have an idea...if you want, I can probably rustle you up a Purple Panther shirt and you can come sit on our side from here on out! You know we'd do it for ya'll!!!!

Great team??? You DO know I am from Wimberley, right? I mean, we have great kids on the team....but...well, you know.

What makes you think I dont already have a Purple Panther shirt? And by the way, I AM rooting for you...you are a fellow-district team, I GOTTA root for you!!! It wouldnt be right if I didnt!

LHexPlayer
11-13-2008, 07:48 PM
You can only wear bunny house shoes on turf.

They saw the "T" three weeks ago. Didn't do a very good job stopping it.

Who's slot T did they see?

trojan37
11-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Who's slot T did they see?

He's trying to say China Spring runs the Slot-T. I don't think so. Wait, 3 weeks ago we played Hillsboro.:thinking:

LHexPlayer
11-13-2008, 07:52 PM
He's trying to say China Spring runs the Slot-T. I don't think so.

They do run some slot t plays. I saw their game from earlier this year but you don't pass the ball 188 times and run the slot t. And only have 1383 yards rushing either. It can't be Hillsboro, heck I'm not even sure they run an offense.

wimbo_pro
11-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Speaking of our defense. We are giving up 17.4 points per game this year compared to 15 points per game at the same time last year. Our schedule was much tougher this year also.

Hey LHex...how are you bud!!??

About LH's schedule...no doubt they had a really tough schedule, but as it has turned out, Wimberley, Freds and Burnet were FAR weaker than we all thought at the beginning of the year. Llano also not so strong, though they played you tough.

Before the district games, I thought LH had one of the toughest schedule in 3A...looking back, I would say ...no. but none of this takes away from LH's performances, I am just saying the points-comparison might be a bit skewed.

LH to roll over West easily.

LHexPlayer
11-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey LHex...how are you bud!!??

About LH's schedule...no doubt they had a really tough schedule, but as it has turned out, Wimberley, Freds and Burnet were FAR weaker than we all thought at the beginning of the year. Llano also not so strong, though they played you tough.

Before the district games, I thought LH had one of the toughest schedule in 3A...looking back, I would say ...no. but none of this takes away from LH's performances, I am just saying the points-comparison might be a bit skewed.

LH to roll over West easily.

Hey Wimbo. I agree our strength of schedule did fall short as the season wore on. Although our schedule last year was not very tough either. Two years ago it was very tough. Last year a lot of teams in our disctrict were down and you guys were too. Stats may be skewed though. We are a different team for sure. Not as explosive right now. I see this team somewhere in between the 2006 version and the 2007 version. But we can always become more explosive as the playoffs go on. Our boys seem to get up for big games and the best comes out. We love the playoffs and the spotlight it brings.

wimbo_pro
11-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey Wimbo. I agree our strength of schedule did fall short as the season wore on. Although our schedule last year was not very tough either. Two years ago it was very tough. Last year a lot of teams in our disctrict were down and you guys were too. Stats may be skewed though. We are a different team for sure. Not as explosive right now. I see this team somewhere in between the 2006 version and the 2007 version. But we can always become more explosive as the playoffs go on. Our boys seem to get up for big games and the best comes out. We love the playoffs and the spotlight it brings.

No doubt...if anyone doubts experience in the play offs carry a HUGE advantage (more so in HS sports), they are crazy. I personally dont think LH will have much of a challenge until Regional Finals or beyond, but I guess this isnt really going out on a limb, eh?

OldBison75
11-13-2008, 08:29 PM
West is hoping that LH pulls a LaVega and plays JV'ers to save the first team from injury this week. Problem is, the LH JV might be tough enough to play a really good game against West.

trojan37
11-13-2008, 08:30 PM
I've got to show up early, see if I can pay off Lattimore to fake an injury.

Super_R
11-13-2008, 09:06 PM

Come on LHexPlayer...you know as well as I do that even if they have seen another team run the Slot-T...hell...even if all 10 of their previous opponents had run the Slot-T they would all pale in comparison to the way LH runs it. Our O is a well oiled...methodical...precisioned machine.

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Don't believe so. I heard they are going to let us play 17 on defense instead of 11.
You might need it. ;)

Highschoolfan78
11-13-2008, 10:09 PM
West will turn east and head home

trojan37
11-13-2008, 10:12 PM
West will be celebrating while LH is going " What the *&%$#?":devil:

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2008, 10:12 PM
West will be celebrating while LH is going " What the *&%$#?":devil:
Hahahaha! :D

trojan37
11-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Hahahaha! :D

That was a good one huh LHPM!;)

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2008, 10:13 PM
That was a good one huh LHPM!;)
I liked it. :clap: :clap: :D

Come on
11-13-2008, 10:53 PM

Seeing the slot T and seeing LH run it when they are on their game are entirely two different things. :)

LHexPlayer
11-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Seeing the slot T and seeing LH run it when they are on their game are entirely two different things. :)

Yep, they won't know what hit em.

trojan37
11-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Yep, they won't know what hit em.

PSSSSHHHHHH! Whatever!:hand:

Budman007
11-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Come on LHexPlayer...you know as well as I do that even if they have seen another team run the Slot-T...hell...even if all 10 of their previous opponents had run the Slot-T they would all pale in comparison to the way LH runs it. Our O is a well oiled...methodical...precisioned machine.

How well does the Slot-T work with D-lineman in the backfield?
Just curious?

Budman007
11-13-2008, 11:19 PM

How well does the Slot-T work with D-linemen in the backfield?
Just curious?:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
It works just fine. :devil:

Come on
11-13-2008, 11:28 PM

Be patient. you will get to see first hand soon enough. I promise you WONT like it. Now just enjoy the season and dont worry about the end it will come soon enough.

trojan37
11-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Be patient. you will get to see first hand soon enough. I promise you WONT like it. Now just enjoy the season and dont worry about the end it will come soon enough.

Hey, that #21 in your sig, is that Lattimore?

Come on
11-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Hey, that #21 in your sig, is that Lattimore?

No that was Tony Habre looks a lot like him though.

Daddy D 11
11-13-2008, 11:47 PM
How well does the Slot-T work with D-lineman in the backfield?
Just curious?

You have never seen the Slot-T obviously. Your Defensive lineman do not have time to get in the backfield. Trust me, the LH offense will put up 6-7 touchdowns on your Bull defense:D You can take that to the bank.

Budman007
11-13-2008, 11:56 PM
You have never seen the Slot-T obviously. Your Defensive lineman do not have time to get in the backfield. Trust me, the LH offense will put up 6-7 touchdowns on your Bull defense:D You can take that to the bank.

Slot T and Liberty Hill=Overrated

espn1
11-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Slot T and Liberty Hill=Overrated I can tell nothing gets by you! Working on a 3rd state Title??? Brilliant deduction. Do you work for Obama?

Daddy D 11
11-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Slot T and Liberty Hill=Overrated
:clap: Nice try.

You're just another W in the win column for us:)

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2008, 12:22 AM
He's trying to say China Spring runs the Slot-T. I don't think so. Wait, 3 weeks ago we played Hillsboro.:thinking:
West, Hillsboro who could tell.

Super_R
11-14-2008, 09:00 AM

There is plenty company in that Column.

Blue 200!!!

BILLYFRED0000
11-14-2008, 09:05 AM

You should not take those guys to seriously. It just shows a lack of knowledge or shall I say ignorance on their part. Talk is cheap.
Blow em up.

Come on
11-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Im ready to get this week over with. Mini_R don't be late to the game.:cool:

trojan37
11-14-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm just glad to see LH is looking past us.

Come on
11-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Not looking past West, looking forward to it!

Super_R
11-14-2008, 09:31 AM

That's just wishful thinking trojanman. LH did a little looking past earlier in the season and it almost cost them a win. Don't count on getting anything but their A game.

Ranger Mom
11-14-2008, 09:37 AM

The LH posters may be...I doubt the players and coaches are though!!:)

Budman007
11-14-2008, 09:41 AM

O.K. Yea sure, blah,blah,blah.

I really should'nt have posted that
Slot T and Liberty Hill=Overrated. Instead:
Slot T=Overrated and Liberty Hill=End of Streak

LH_Tuff
11-14-2008, 10:02 AM

How many times have we heard fans of undefeated teams claim they will roll LH? Too many to count. :rolleyes:

Nice try though. Thanks for playing. :hand:

Panther Dad X 2
11-14-2008, 10:10 AM
There is plenty company in that Column.

Blue 200!!!

Those that catch the Blue 200's. Don't forget we changed it then and will change it again. Wasn't that big of a henderence anyway!!!!

Daddy D 11
11-14-2008, 10:12 AM
You should not take those guys to seriously. It just shows a lack of knowledge or shall I say ignorance on their part. Talk is cheap.
Blow em up.

Haha good one BILLYFRED.
Oh, and by the way I'm going to do a little scouting next weekend:evillol:

Runnin Panther
11-14-2008, 10:14 AM

Bridgeport, your mind games are not going to work on the Panthers. You’re trying to get us to focus on a game down the road instead of the one in front of us. Not going to work, right now the Panthers are only thinking about munching on some West Trojans. That why we are 34 (or is it 35) in a row and counting….
I would suggest that the Bulls focus on beating Glen Rose or Llano and Snyder or Monahans, or you may not get your wish of playing the Panthers. :D

LH_Tuff
11-14-2008, 10:29 AM
I always remember a comment made by a DC after playing LH - " Force the kick out, force the kick out, force the.....oh crap they pitched the ball."

Yeah, it is kinda like that. :)

Daddy D 11
11-14-2008, 10:33 AM
LH Tuff, those comments don't hold any water to some Bridgeport posters.. they have never seen LH run the Slot-T.

trojan37
11-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Are any schools looking at Lattimore?

Daddy D 11
11-14-2008, 10:37 AM

I know he's gotten a letter from dang near every school out there, but as far as significant attention, I think Texas Tech a little and Texas State alot. Heard some rumors, don't hold me to them.. but that he will most likely go to Texas State. Until you hear that out of Codys mouth though you never know.

Silverback 04
11-14-2008, 10:40 AM
I've heard he's getting a few feelers but not sure how serious they are. He is suffering from sizitis. He's not listed at 6'1" or better so people overlook him. You really have to watch him to get an appreciation for what he can do. The kid has great grades, and i'm thinking that he can play small ball somewhere or wait and play baseball. So at least he has options.

Super_R
11-14-2008, 10:41 AM
News clip of Dr Hart (LH's Sup) and his family (http://ww2.kwtx.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?clipId1=313&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//ww2.kwtx.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp%3FclipId1%3D313&rnd=28663122 )

trojan37
11-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
I've heard he's getting a few feelers but not sure how serious they are. He is suffering from sizitis. He's not listed at 6'1" or better so people overlook him. You really have to watch him to get an appreciation for what he can do. The kid has great grades, and i'm thinking that he can play small ball somewhere or wait and play baseball. So at least he has options.

You know what they say, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog, or panther I guess.

Daddy D 11
11-14-2008, 10:45 AM
You know what they say, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog, or panther I guess.

True, but most coaches don't want to take that risk. It's all about being "projectable". Too bad they are missing out on a kid that hits like a damn bag of bricks..

wimbo_pro
11-14-2008, 10:49 AM

As I said earlier in the season, LH will definitely eventually lose a game ...maybe to a better team, maybe by looking past a lesser talented team, maybe by shooting themselves in the foot...but it wont be this week.

trojan37
11-14-2008, 10:51 AM
As I said earlier in the season, LH will definitely eventually lose a game ...maybe to a better team, maybe by looking past a lesser talented team, maybe by shooting themselves in the foot...but it wont be this week.

You never know.

Silverback 04
11-14-2008, 10:56 AM
History is full of teams that should not have won but did. I also don't think west will win, but I can tell you that some of the greatest sports memories i have are from watching or playing on teams that had no chance but still showed up and gave everything they had. I expect West to do the same. Good luck Trojans, and leave it all on the field and win or lose you can't be disappointed.

Runnin Panther
11-14-2008, 10:57 AM

I think if he had his pick it would be Texas A&M, but again the size thing might hinder his chances. I know he has heard from them but I don’t know how serious his chances are. He is a hellva player and a great kid.

Daddy D 11
11-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
History is full of teams that should not have won but did. I also don't think west will win, but I can tell you that some of the greatest sports memories i have are from watching or playing on teams that had no chance but still showed up and gave everything they had. I expect West to do the same. Good luck Trojans, and leave it all on the field and win or lose you can't be disappointed.

I have never predicted a score all week.. I see west challenging us alot like Llano did, obviously in different ways, but they will keep it close. We will have to fight for it. And you are very right Trojan man, you never know.

Come on
11-14-2008, 11:01 AM
I will be glad when this subject is over! One things for sure, it will end tonight in a BIG way.

Super_R
11-14-2008, 11:53 AM
I see west challenging us alot like Llano did, obviously in different ways, but they will keep it close. We will have to fight for it. And you are very right Trojan man, you never know.

Llano had less than 150 yards of total offense. 50 came on one pass play.

LHexPlayer
11-14-2008, 12:11 PM
The Panthers have not lost in Round 1 since Vance arrived. I don't see it happening this year. Bad night to be trojan.

Panther Dad X 2
11-14-2008, 12:29 PM
EIGHT HOURS!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Both Teams Good Luck!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

trojan37
11-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Llano had less than 150 yards of total offense. 50 came on one pass play.

On a pass play........hmmmmmm!:thinking:

Super_R
11-14-2008, 12:55 PM
On a pass play........hmmmmmm!:thinking: Yep... they had 3 or 4 completions...We picked 2 off and 1 of those was a pic 6.

trojan37
11-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Yep... they had 3 or 4 completions...We picked 2 off and 1 of those was a pic 6.

Then how did they hang around with ya'll?

LHexPlayer
11-14-2008, 12:59 PM

They run the same offense we run. So their defense was ready. It became a defense football game. It was odd to watch two teams run the exact same offense. Just different styles of it. I didn't like that game at all.

trojan37
11-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Does LH blitz a lot?

IHStangFan
11-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Lets go Liberty Hill!!! :clap:

trojan37
11-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Lets go Liberty Hill!!! :clap:

Hey, what the????

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 01:02 PM
They run the same offense, so they know how to defend it better than most. And have I mentioned I dislike bye week?

IHStangFan
11-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Hey, what the???? LOL....no harm no foul 37. I have followed LH and been a fan since they beat Needville outa the playoffs a few years back. Good luck to your West team as well! Congrats on your season thus far! :clap:

Super_R
11-14-2008, 01:04 PM

2 fumbles and a 10 yard punt. One of the fumbles and the punt were inside our 20. The other fumble was inside their 10.

trojan37
11-14-2008, 01:05 PM
LOL....no harm no foul 37. I have followed LH and been a fan since they beat Needville outa the playoffs a few years back. Good luck to your West team as well! Congrats on your season thus far! :clap:

In the famous words of Elvis Presley, "Thank you, thank you very much.":D

IHStangFan
11-14-2008, 01:12 PM
In the famous words of Elvis Presley, "Thank you, thank you very much.":D you're welcome sir!! I'm hoping I can pick up a good playoff game tonight on the radio from our property!!! Might be able to get the Gilmer/Diboll game I'm thinking.

trojan37
11-14-2008, 01:14 PM
you're welcome sir!! I'm hoping I can pick up a good playoff game tonight on the radio from our property!!! Might be able to get the Gilmer/Diboll game I'm thinking.

I don't know if you can pick it up but I think China Spring/Burnet may be on. Where exactly are you going to be at?

IHStangFan
11-14-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't know if you can pick it up but I think China Spring/Burnet may be on. Where exactly are you going to be at? Bedias, TX.......bout 25 miles from College Station ..on 90 inbetween Navasota and Madisonville.

trojan37
11-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Don't forget the jackets tonight folks......just checked a weather map and the winds have turned out of the north over much of North and West Texas, with temps already in the 40's and about a 25 to 30 mile an hour north wind in the panhandle. Ready for some football.

tigerchick_2013
11-14-2008, 01:49 PM
;)

FYI if you're referring to West Trojans who the LH Panthers are playing tonite, they are considered central texas, NOT West Texas, at least that's what my Texas map shows.:)

GO TIGERS beat Monahans!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Don't forget the jackets tonight folks......just checked a weather map and the winds have turned out of the north over much of North and West Texas, with temps already in the 40's and about a 25 to 30 mile an hour north wind in the panhandle. Ready for some football.
Sweet! I guess I'll have to actually wear socks tonight. :D

Come on
11-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by tigerchick_2013
FYI if you're referring to West Trojans who the LH Panthers are playing tonite, they are considered central texas, NOT West Texas, at least that's what my Texas map shows.:)

GO TIGERS beat Monahans!!!!!!

No I was not refering to West the town! It was to someone in Sweetwater, Im aware of the Texas map but thanks for your help:D

Hill Man
11-14-2008, 02:02 PM

Perfect for a ground game:D

Runnin Panther
11-14-2008, 02:03 PM
How long until game time. I HATE working on Football Friday!

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
How long until game time. I HATE working on Football Friday!
6 hrs, 26 minutes and counting. :D

LHexPlayer
11-14-2008, 02:09 PM
BLUE 200

wimbo_pro
11-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Sweet! I guess I'll have to actually wear socks tonight. :D

wow LHPM...add that to you having to wear underwear too, and you are moving up in the world!!!

trojan37
11-14-2008, 02:26 PM
6 hrs, 26 minutes and counting. :D

Leaving the house about 5:30.

trojan37
11-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Seems that Cameron-Caldwell wet field thing is getting a lot of attention. Anyone got a water hose?:D

LHexPlayer
11-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Seems that Cameron-Caldwell wet field thing is getting a lot of attention. Anyone got a water hose?:D

Remember we are playing on turf. Hope you guys got your special shoes on.

trojan37
11-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Remember we are playing on turf. Hope you guys got your special shoes on.

That's right, all that 4.3 and 4.4 bohemian speed is gonna catch ya'll off guard.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 02:32 PM
wow LHPM...add that to you having to wear underwear too, and you are moving up in the world!!!
They're in the dryer. :devil:

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 02:32 PM
That's right, all that 4.3 and 4.4 bohemian speed is gonna catch ya'll off guard.
:eek: :eek: :eek: Aunt Jemima or Mrs. Butterworth's? :devil:

wimbo_pro
11-14-2008, 02:38 PM
They're in the dryer. :devil:

wow...AND you are washing them, eh? Man o man...you DO go all out for the play offs, dontcha?

Super_R
11-14-2008, 02:42 PM

I forgot...the LH Panther Mom family is good at providing our opponent with pancakes.

trojan37
11-14-2008, 02:44 PM

uncalled for! :mad:

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 02:46 PM
uncalled for! :mad:
Sorry! Watch for this guy.

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/leo_football_touchdown.gif

wimbo_pro
11-14-2008, 02:47 PM

I'm not sure I even got this line....

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 02:48 PM
We need a "that went right over my head" smilie. :D

I'm not sure I even got this line....

I forgot...the LH Panther Mom family is good at providing our opponent with pancakes.

wimbo_pro
11-14-2008, 02:49 PM
ZOOOMMM!!! Right over my head is right!!! LOLOLOL

trojan37
11-14-2008, 02:49 PM
We need a "that went right over my head" smilie. :D

I wish you could get the rant smilie from the Centex site. That one's my favorite.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 03:05 PM
I wish you could get the rant smilie from the Centex site. That one's my favorite.
http://www.discussanything.com/forums/images/smilies/rant.gif

LHexPlayer
11-14-2008, 03:08 PM
http://www.discussanything.com/forums/images/smilies/rant.gif

That's what the West fans will look like tonight after the whoopin.

trojan37
11-14-2008, 04:25 PM
That's what the West fans will look like tonight after the whoopin.

http://igottarant.com/images/smilies/lalala.gif

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Awesome! :clap: :clap: :D

Ranger Mom
11-14-2008, 06:17 PM

Oh yeah....we definitely need to add this one to our list of smilies!!!!