PDA

View Full Version : aggies whats up with them?

martwayne
11-08-2008, 06:35 PM
why are the texas a&m aggies sucking so bad this year, can someone answer me that

bigwood33
11-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
why are the texas a&m aggies sucking so bad this year, can someone answer me that
Coach Fran's "excellent" recruiting! What a tool!

bandera7
11-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Wow. Way to word your question in a classy way. Very impressive.
The Aggies are having a down year because they have a new head coach, a new system, and lost alot of good lineman. Success starts with a line on both sides of the ball, and that seems to be where we are lacking this year.

martwayne
11-08-2008, 06:40 PM
but still 66-21 thats more than just o-line its coach frans fault i never even liked him

bandera7
11-08-2008, 06:42 PM
you can play the blame game all you want, Im not a Fran fan. But when you bring in a new coach to a team that was senior heavy on the lines the year before, you have to expect to struggle some.

martwayne
11-08-2008, 06:43 PM
ok but they better be better next year i'm an aggie fan

gobbler grad
11-08-2008, 06:44 PM
when will it ever get better...2,3,4 years...maybe never...:thinking:

ziggy29
11-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Bob Stoops never saw a score he didn't want to run up. I thought it was hard to beat Steve Spurrier on that count, but I think Stoops does.

bandera7
11-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Believe me I am not a huge fan of Stoops. But in college football, those big wins look good for the polls.

And it will be better soon. Sherman is a great coach. It will turn around.

martwayne
11-08-2008, 06:49 PM
i'm ready for a national championship i want to beat ou and texas in the same year

bandera7
11-08-2008, 06:51 PM
talking about a national championship...I hope you are very very very patient. These things dont happen overnight.

headhunter
11-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Believe me I am not a huge fan of Stoops. But in college football, those big wins look good for the polls.

And it will be better soon. Sherman is a great coach. It will turn around.

Hey A&M had all week to get ready for OU, Stoops just wants all of his boys to score, nothing wrong with that, if you don't like it then stop them from scoring.

I could see your point if OU was playing some small non-conference school but get real, A&M recruits just like OU and both like the players they get. Stoops just gets more out of his and since Fran screwed most of his up it will take Sherman a while, maybe never for Sherman to put a championship team on the field

JR2004
11-08-2008, 07:09 PM
From what I've seen from them this year, they're just getting whipped up front on both lines. That's the biggest thing that has to change for them next season. It doesn't matter if you have Joe Montana and Emmitt Smith in your backfield if your line can't block anyone.

Conversely if you don't have good DT's that can get some push and clog up holes as well as get a good pass rush you're going to get lit up like A&M has several times this year.

bandera7
11-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
Hey A&M had all week to get ready for OU, Stoops just wants all of his boys to score, nothing wrong with that, if you don't like it then stop them from scoring.

I could see your point if OU was playing some small non-conference school but get real, A&M recruits just like OU and both like the players they get. Stoops just gets more out of his and since Fran screwed most of his up it will take Sherman a while, maybe never for Sherman to put a championship team on the field

?? I dont understand the disagreement there? That is pretty much what I said. Maybe Im misunderstanding your post but it seems like you posted that to contrast what I said...

bandera7
11-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
From what I've seen from them this year, they're just getting whipped up front on both lines. That's the biggest thing that has to change for them next season. It doesn't matter if you have Joe Montana and Emmitt Smith in your backfield if your line can't block anyone.

Conversely if you don't have good DT's that can get some push and clog up holes as well as get a good pass rush you're going to get lit up like A&M has several times this year.

I completely agree with you. We havent been getting it done up front, all year long.

Bull Butter
11-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Bob Stoops never saw a score he didn't want to run up. I thought it was hard to beat Steve Spurrier on that count, but I think Stoops does.

OU had 66 points at the end of the 3rd quarter. I don't think they even attempted a pass in the 4th. A couple of years ago when they beat A&M 77-0, they were taking the knee halfway thru the final period. I don't think that's running up the score.

martwayne
11-08-2008, 08:26 PM
all i know is that they suck right now and i think texas tech wins the whole thing undefeated