PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW: Rio Hondo Bobcats (8-2) @ Ingleside Mustangs (6-4)

Cats Fan
11-08-2008, 01:52 AM
site yet to be determined...or im not aware of it.

teams will get to meet in the playoffs after Hurricane Ike forced preseason game to be cancelled.

Last time both teams played was in 2005 ? ? With Ingleside winning.

RH has a good ballclub...it will be one heck of a game!

R4Editor
11-08-2008, 06:06 PM
These two teams were scheduled to play on September 12th, but due to Hurricane Ike the game was cancelled.

Now they gear up in a "win or go home" bi-district game.
Friday, November 14, 7:30 pm @ Ingleside

On paper, these two teams appear to be pretty even.

Rio Hondo........Ingleside
PF - 347.........PF - 263
PA - 240.........PA - 236

Rio Hondo lost this year to Cuero (7-42) & Zapata (14-21).

Ingleside lost this year to 2A (#1 ranked) Refugio (0-41), 4A Rockport-Fulton (6-32) and 2 district games: 19-26 vs. Oso & 26-47 vs. Sinton.

Ingleside does not have Cuero speed, but they do have some speed and that could be the difference.

Rio Hondo after stumbling against Zapata has really turned a corner cruising through district. Their only close game after the Zapata loss was to Lyford, giving up 50 points in a 57-50 win!! :eek:

Predictions? Thoughts?

My pick:
Ingleside 28
Rio Hondo 26

gobbler grad
11-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Rio Hondo should be able to handle the Mustangs this week...:thinking:

Ingleside Fan
11-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Just found out we will be playing in Ingleside.

Home field advantage!!

gobbler grad
11-08-2008, 07:27 PM
I'll now give the edge to Ingleside...will be a good game

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Rio Hondo QB Joseph Vela is a game changer as he can take over a game. He is one of the most elusive QBs i seen past two years and the one QB i would compare him to would be Beeville's Eric Soza. Ingleside must neutrailize him if they expect to win this game.

Cuero limit him to one big run and kept him under control most of the game.

In Raymondville game he was being held in check til the 2nd half when He step it up a notch on unbeleivable runs to put the Bearkats away.

I think Ingleside ability to go downfield and spread the defense will cause problems for Rio Hondo. If Rbs can pick up good runs and catch the ball when one on one with their linebackers Ingleside should put alot of points on the board. One thing about their defense is that they will put a lick on you.

My predicition is Ingleside 40 Rio Hondo 34

i know they haven't put 40 against a good team but i think they have a advantage against the linebackers on passing plays to Rbs.

Cats Fan
11-08-2008, 09:16 PM
It should be a good game...I will be in attendance...will be looking forward to catching alll the football action! RH can run the ball but is able to pass it if need be, stingy defense...hard hitters!

Dont know much about Ingleside, but at this stage in the game I really dont think records matter that much...so I am going to go with RH on a close game. RH by 7

Expect a 35-28 game.

99IHSMustang
11-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Ingleside has a young team and its good that they are getting this experience. From what I have read Rio Hondo has a good team. Ingleside is well balanced with running and passing the ball. As others have said, Ingleside has to contain their QB. It is going to be a good one.

44INAROW
11-08-2008, 11:05 PM
I think the Mustangs win this one by 13. I don't recall much about the Rio Hondo vs Cuero game since it was the 2nd game of thes season but they didn't leave an impression of being a powerhouse/strong team to me (but like I said, it was early in the season and I am sure many things have changed since then)

Good Luck Mustangs ;)

T-Time
11-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Ingleside takes this one, at home, playing as a team, did i say at home. great odds

Buccaneer
11-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Rio Hondo wins big!

Johnny 5
11-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Rio Hondo by 17.

The problem is . . . when you contain J. Vela, you still have an elusive back in J. Martinez and a powerback in T. David that can take off on you.

T. David earns almost 8ypc. J. Martinez about the same. J. Vela averages almost 10ypc.

Then you have the threat of J. Martinez playing WR, along with I. de la Cruz and O. Martinez.

La Feria tried to ply the spy game with J. Vela. T. David and J. Martinez ended up getting some good runs. LF then trtied putting spy on both the RB and QB .. . and the pass game opened up.

RH is versatile when needed.

As for defense . . . the mid pass won't work. The screen will work some of the time. The only one that will work is the deep pass.

The problem is that you have A. Garza and L. Cowan blitzing you. The QB better be good under pressure, as he will be getting hit quite a few times.

Outside runs will not work against RH. Inside runs might work up until half time. RH's only weakness is the deep pass, if the QB can make time to throw it.

IHStangFan
11-10-2008, 03:33 PM
This looks to be a great matchup this year!!

GO MUSTANGS!!

Ray_BearKat
11-10-2008, 03:35 PM
RH should take this one soundly...:)

Johnny 5
11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Video clips of Rio Hondo:

Clips (http://www.rgvsn.com/rgvsn/news/190)

You have to scroll down the list to view them

The only clips of Inglside that I can find:

Clips (http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9262209)

Ingleside Fan
11-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
Then you have the threat of J. Martinez playing WR, along with I. de la Cruz and O. Martinez.

With Over 2700 yards rushing with 35 TD's from rushing. 337 rushing attempt averaging 303 per game.

And with only having 578 yards with 5 TD's between 5 receivers. 47 passing attempts averaging 64 yards per game.

I would say the rushing game what we have to stop. Teams don't change what is working for them. Rio Hondo will stick with their beard and butter! Running the ball.
:)

Johnny 5
11-11-2008, 12:38 PM
1.) Most of Vela's yards are from scrambles.

2.) Why pass when the other teams can't stop the run?

3.) La Feria slowed down our running game (did not stop it) and we transitioned to the pass quite nicely.

If you think that RH is one dimensional, you are mistaken. There was just no need to pass the ball that much this year.

Ingleside Fan
11-11-2008, 01:02 PM
1.) Most of Vela's yards are from scrambles.

2.) Why pass when the other teams can't stop the run?

3.) La Feria slowed down our running game (did not stop it) and we transitioned to the pass quite nicely.

If you think that RH is one dimensional, you are mistaken. There was just no need to pass the ball that much this year.

Vela scrambling for 1250 yards, that is hard to believe.

I don't think their one dimensional. I just know teams usually stick with what is working. They can't change that quick. The teams that pass and rush evenly they stick with that. There are others that pass much more than rushing.

Johnny 5
11-11-2008, 01:31 PM
You can ask anyone who has seen us play. If nothing is open, he will scramble . . . and those are the plays that net him his 50+ yard runs. This whole year, I have seen maybe 4 or 5 big plays that were drawn up as options or QB runs.

And you can ask La Feria what happens as well. RH, as much as you hate to believe it can turn on a dime from the rushing game to the passing game.

Ingleside Fan
11-11-2008, 01:54 PM
You can ask anyone who has seen us play. If nothing is open, he will scramble . . . and those are the plays that net him his 50+ yard runs. This whole year, I have seen maybe 4 or 5 big plays that were drawn up as options or QB runs.

And you can ask La Feria what happens as well. RH, as much as you hate to believe it can turn on a dime from the rushing game to the passing game.

With 5 times as many rushing yards as passing, STATS don't lie. :thinking:

ol country boy
11-11-2008, 03:57 PM

Why didn't they do that against Cuero?;) ;) ;) :D

Cats Fan
11-11-2008, 04:52 PM
actually they did and it worked for a whole half a quarter....then cueros d stepped up and shut the cats down...not to mention that it was too late and some players seemed to give up.

Cuero is big and fast, our receivers had some opportunities but were not able to capitalize.

RH whent into the Cuero game scared...u could tell...they have that effect on some teams. RH did not settle down till the 2nd and 3rd, but too little too late.

sotxrat
11-11-2008, 05:14 PM
I have been out of touch. I would like to pass on congrats to ingleside, sinton and robstown for being able to make it to the playoffs and wish all good luck and injury free games.

I have no pick in this one, the way i picked this year neither team would want me to favor them.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2008, 05:30 PM
RH sets up in passing formation and Vela usually looking to pass but will scramble and turn it into a big running play. most of his QB keepers are short runs but his scrambles are usually the ones that can go the distance. But Go Mustangs, i know ya'lls coach has something up his sleeve to stop him and i like Ingleside chances of winning this game.

Ingleside Fan
11-11-2008, 08:15 PM

Understand, but your numbers just are not adding up. Even if he average 100 yards in the 4 of 5 big plays he still ran for over 700 yards. Most QB's that pass do not run as mush as a RB.

additionally:
Vela had 129 attempts for rushing
David (RB) had 123 attempts for rushing

Even though he has 100 attempts at passing he still runs as much has you RB.

;)

Johnny 5
11-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
With 5 times as many rushing yards as passing, STATS don't lie. :thinking:

Like I said . . . we only pass when we need to. Cuero shut down our offense. La Feria shut down our run, and got burned with the pass.

No one else could stop our run. So why pass?

Understand, but your numbers just are not adding up. Even if he average 100 yards in the 4 of 5 big plays he still ran for over 700 yards. Most QB's that pass do not run as mush as a RB.

additionally:

;)

They count scrambles as rushes . . . because the ball was not passed . . . derr.

Ingleside Fan
11-12-2008, 06:10 AM
Like I said . . . we only pass when we need to. Cuero shut down our offense. La Feria shut down our run, and got burned with the pass.

No one else could stop our run. So why pass?

They count scrambles as rushes . . . because the ball was not passed . . . derr.

The point is he runs a ton more time that he tries to pass. Like I said rushing is your Bread and Butter.

The rushing game against La Feria game wasn't shut down when you get 344 yards in the game. Rio Hondo's average is just over 300 yards. Again Vela had the most yards of all the backs. Scrambling I guess, 241 yards rushing this game.

Or maybe Rio Hondo's receivers aren't that good?:thinking:

Rio Hondo is favored in this game to kick the crap out of Ingleside. So don't worry about that little old team from Mustang Land.:evil:

KingRob
11-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Ingleside in a close, rowdy game.

Ingleside - 28
Rio Hondo - 20

Johnny 5
11-12-2008, 07:34 AM
The rushing game was shut down in the first half. We went to the pass . . .

They started defending the pass, so we went back to the run.

They tried to defend both, and coud not stop either of them.

I am not denying that rushing is our bread and butter. I am saying that if you think RH can't pass when it needs to, you are mistaken.

Ingleside Fan
11-12-2008, 09:51 AM

I am not denying that rushing is our bread and butter. I am saying that if you think RH can't pass when it needs to, you are mistaken.

We don't ever under estimate our opponents. Your QB is good at the read and run. Which is a problem for any team. He pulls balls back from RB when he reads a change in the defense. You have a quality QB and RBs and I promise our defense will respect that.

Good luck to both teams and may we have safe game.

GO MUSTANGS!

Cats Fan
11-12-2008, 11:09 AM
ahh...cannot wait!

Footballhudini
11-12-2008, 01:35 PM
I saw ingleside when they lost to refugio. I'd bet any above-average 3a team like rio can handle ingleside with ease.

Rio 44
ing 19

99IHSMustang
11-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
I saw ingleside when they lost to refugio. I'd bet any above-average 3a team like rio can handle ingleside with ease.

Rio 44
ing 19

And apparently teams do not change their level of gameplay as the season goes along :rolleyes:

Johnny 5
11-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Two more days . . .

And we get early release from work on Friday to go to the game!

yay!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2008, 03:45 PM
woohoo glad you do, i dont, i am stuck here in boston til around 3 pm and my flight is not til 6:30pm :mad:

Johnny 5
11-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I work at Rio Hondo ISD lol

Cats Fan
11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
woohoo glad you do, i dont, i am stuck here in boston til around 3 pm and my flight is not til 6:30pm :mad:

as in...you arrive at 6:30 or you depart at 6:30..?

cause if you arrive ag 6:30, then you should just go check out the ingleside-rh game...you know since corpus international is not that far to ingleside!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Cats Fan
as in...you arrive at 6:30 or you depart at 6:30..?

cause if you arrive ag 6:30, then you should just go check out the ingleside-rh game...you know since corpus international is not that far to ingleside! flight departs at 6:30 pm eastern time and dont get to CC til 10:30 central time zone

1st and goal
11-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Why not a neutral field???

pirate4state
11-13-2008, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Why not a neutral field??? Valley teams are notorious for wanting to flip "home/home". They won 1 out of 3 in 3A.

Lyford plays at home
Rio Hondo & La Feria both lost and will play at Ingleside/Robstown

Cats Fan
11-13-2008, 02:40 AM
well....the only thing close to a neutral field is kingsville...so if that were to happen, 31-3A would travel way less than 32-3A...so if we one team is going to end up traveling...why not flip for it and see if you can get the other team to travel!

get the drift....theres like brush country between Coastal Bend and the Valley....

Ingleside Fan
11-13-2008, 06:39 AM
well....the only thing close to a neutral field is kingsville...so if that were to happen, 31-3A would travel way less than 32-3A...so if we one team is going to end up traveling...why not flip for it and see if you can get the other team to travel!

get the drift....theres like brush country between Coastal Bend and the Valley....

Travel time not only hurts the team. The team support doesn't always come because of the travel time. Only true blue supporters travel the distance.:D

1st and goal
11-13-2008, 06:53 AM
Even playing in Kingsville, you get the home team out of their home. Out of their environment. I know there are not many choices to play on the King ranch. Thats a flip I wouldn't gamble if I were coach.

Johnny 5
11-13-2008, 07:22 AM
I agree . . . I would just go home/home as well

Cats Fan
11-13-2008, 11:27 AM
this just in...im procrastinating!

Cats Fan
11-13-2008, 03:24 PM
how will this rain affect the game set for tommorrow...here in corpus it just got cold and wet!

Johnny 5
11-13-2008, 03:59 PM
how cold and how wet?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2008, 05:59 PM
how will this rain affect the game set for tommorrow...here in corpus it just got cold and wet! Mustangs(wild horse) can play in the mud and rain, can Bobcats(wild cat) play in that scenario?:) cats dont like water and like to stay clean

Cats Fan
11-13-2008, 06:21 PM
its pretty chilly right now...bout 70's rained here for bout an hour...it poured as the front came in.

good thing we cant throw otherwise we would be screwed...huh J5!?

Gobbla2001
11-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Rio Hondo dominates this game in every category... including personal fouls... which gets Ingleside into scoring position a lot while taking themselves out... The Side by 3...

Gobbla2001
11-13-2008, 06:54 PM
crap... I forgot... Ingleside fumbles a snap... Rio Hondo takes it to the house... The Rio Hondo by 4...

nfcfan
11-13-2008, 06:57 PM

additionally:

;)

Vela IS a running qb, half the plays were designed for him thats why he got those yards.

PI knew this and keyed on him, he ended up with 65 rushing yards and 53 yards passing. But the player that won it for RH in that game was RB, T. David. I was impressed by him.

RH by 7.

Ingleside Fan
11-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by nfcfan
Vela IS a running qb, half the plays were designed for him thats why he got those yards.

PI knew this and keyed on him, he ended up with 65 rushing yards and 53 yards passing. But the player that won it for RH in that game was RB, T. David. I was impressed by him.

RH by 7.

Somebody honest from the valley. Thanks.

He just Scrambled for 1491 yards. :rolleyes:

Johnny 5
11-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Yes . . . the pass plays were designed for him to sramble out of.

RH did not even try and pass the ball vs PI.

Why, when you shutdown Vela, David picked up the slack.

Thanks for proving my point, though.

By the way . . . there are two plays that I have seen this year that are "designed" for Vela to run. One is ran maybe 3 or 4 times a game. The other . . . maybe twice a game if even that.

ANd yes . . . he did scramble alot when no one was open.

Ingleside Fan
11-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Yes . . . the pass plays were designed for him to sramble out of.

ANd yes . . . he did scramble alot when no one was open.

You guys did try and pass against PI with 6 completions. Maybe your describing what I call a "Roll out" for scrambling. Scrambling is when the play is broken and the QB makes the moves to get yards.

Usually you don't design plays to purposely make the QB scramble.:rolleyes:

99IHSMustang
11-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Good luck tonight Stangs!!!

pirate4state
11-14-2008, 09:49 AM
You guys did try and pass against PI with 6 completions. Maybe your describing what I call a "Roll out" for scrambling. Scrambling is when the play is broken and the QB makes the moves to get yards.

Usually you don't design plays to purposely make the QB scramble.:rolleyes:

:D :D :D

Why do you even bother? HAHA

Although it has been entertaining to read. ;)

Good Luck tonight. Represent!

Ingleside Fan
11-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:D :D :D

Why do you even bother? HAHA

Although it has been entertaining to read. ;)

Good Luck tonight. Represent!

It is in Good Fun! Good Luck to Pirates also. Make 31-3A Proud!

footballgal
11-14-2008, 11:25 AM
http://images.onset.freedom.com/vmstar/medium/ka5lfa-b1a.jpg

One cool Cat: Rio Hondo’s Vela struts his stuff in big Week 10 victory
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
November 10, 2008 - 11:18PM
By ARMANDO GARZA/Valley Morning Star
RIO HONDO - A season isn't a season without a Joseph Vela VMS Player of the Week performance.

Rio Hondo's sensational senior quarterback had plenty of peak performances to choose from in 2008. But perhaps none bigger (or sweeter) than his 397-total yard performance in the Bobcats' district title-clinching win over La Feria last week.

It's Rio Hondo's second straight 32-3A crown and third in the past four seasons.

Vela rushed for 241 yards on only 15 carries while passing for another 156 on 9-of-16 passing against the Lions in the regular season finale.

He also had an 82-yard touchdown run and threw three TD passes. Two went to Oscar Martinez (4, 10 yards) and Isaiah De La Cruz (28).

Some might say "Typical Vela." But there wasn't anything typical about this performance.It's been said that when Vela is on his game, he's as good as any signal-caller out there.

"I had to perform my best (against La Feria)," he said. "I was ready."

While the recognition is for Vela's individual numbers, he won't have it that way.

That wouldn't be Joseph Vela.

"Everybody was clicking (against La Feria)," Vela said. "For me, or anyone to have a breakout game, it's gotta be a team effort. And we had a total team effort. The O-line did its job, and the receivers got blocks downfield. Even the defense got us the ball back. I just did my job and tried to get yards."

And just like he and the rest of the Bobcats said all along, the district title was the proverbial dangling carrot in ‘08.

"It's the first step, and we didn't lose sight of that," Vela said. "Our first goal was the district championship. We wanted to keep that title (in Rio Hondo)."

For the regular season, Vela was the second-leading rusher in the district with his 1,491 yards and 16 touchdowns.

But he can add to his full-season yardage total Friday when the Bobcats take on the Ingleside Mustangs in a bi-district clash at Mustang Stadium.

And if all goes well, he will.

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/sports/vela_38875___article.html/rio_hondo.html

footballgal
11-14-2008, 11:31 AM
this link will give you schedule scores and detail of each game played.

http://www.rgvsports.com/sections/teams-schedule/?rosterID=43795&seasonID=39

footballgal
11-14-2008, 11:38 AM
I have to go with the Bobcats over the Mustangs in this one, on the road.

...unless they choke again, but I think they have the playoff expierence now and they roll on, Bobcats by 10.

footballgal
11-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Finally foes

Rio Hondo, Ingleside to meet two months after originally scheduled

By ARMANDO GARZA
RGVSports.com 956-430-6255

http://epaper.valleystar.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=VMS/2008/11/14/15/Img/Pc0150500.jpg
Gabe Hernandez/The Monitor Rio Hondo QB Joseph Vela leads the Bobcats against the Ingleside Mustangs tonight in Ingleside in a Class 3A bi-district game.

INGLESIDE
— One way or another, the Rio Hondo Bobcats were going to face the Ingleside Mustangs. After Hurricane Ike’s threat washed out their scheduled nondistrict tilt earlier this year, the ’Cats and Mustangs lock up in a Class 3A Division II bi-district playoff game tonight at Mustang Stadium. The winner will face Devine, which is in the area round on a bye, next week. “We had prepared for them (Ingleside) about seven weeks ago,” Rio Hondo head coach Rocky James said. “Now, it’s almost like getting a second chance at them. We were looking forward to it the first time around and now there’s a lot more at stake.”
As many games were either postponed or cancelled, the Mustangs and Bobcats could not work out a rescheduled date for their Sept. 12 game.
The week went differently for each team. Rio Hondo picked up 5A Laredo Alexander and beat them 49-42, while Ingleside faced No. 1 2A Refugio and lost 41-0.
The rest of the season went fairly well for the Bobcats (8-2). They have won six straight games and are fresh off their second straight 32-3A championship.
The three-headed monster of Joseph Vela, Trevor David and Jacob Martinez have rushed for a collective 3,017 yards and 34 touchdowns as the Bobcats’ ground game caught fire midway through the year.
Those numbers helped Rio Hondo attain the No. 1 offensive ranking in the league and are thanks in part to a solid offensive line led by Bryan Zapata, Manny Menchaca and Joshua Perez.
“I think we have a better football team,” James said. “And if we play to our capabilities, we should come out with a victory.”
Ingleside (6-4) comes in after a huge 21-20 win over Robstown.
The Mustangs are one of the more balanced offensive units in their district.
Quarterback Brian Hull has passed for 1,330 yards and 8 TDs. Dale Fabacher (553 yards, 3 TDs) has been one of Hull’s main targets.
On the ground, Fabacher (800 yards) and Raydell Perez (601) have led the attack.
“They spread you out and throw when they have to,” James said.
After a 1-2 start, the Mustangs went 5-2 over the course of the season to get back into the postseason.
“They’ve gotten better,” James said. “From the film we had on them early on to now, they’ve gotten better. They’re pretty impressive.”
And while Rio Hondo is making its fourth straight playoff journey, James said the program is ready to take the next step and ultimately advance past the second round.
But first thing’s first.
“The ultimate goal is to get past the second round,” James said. “That’s been a goal for the kids. But obviously, we have to get past the first round.”

Ingleside Fan
11-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Mustangs by 7.

Mustangs get you game faces on.
:devil: :evilgrin: :evillol: :evil: :flaming:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2008, 05:33 PM
only thing i agree with johnny is Vela makes his own scrambles when he cant find a open receiver and usually those plays are for big yards as he is very elusive. I dont agree the Bobcats will win :D

i'm still in boston and the flight is delayed as its foggy, when i get to houston hopefully when i check on the scores all of 31=3a will be winning. go pirates, mustangs and cotton pickers:clap:

footballfan62
11-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Travel time not only hurts the team. The team support doesn't always come because of the travel time. Only true blue supporters travel the distance.:D

I remember that when we had to go to Brownsville and play Port Isabel.

Ingleside Fan
11-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by footballfan62
I remember that when we had to go to Brownsville and play Port Isabel.

We did have a pretty good crowd that year.

footballfan62
11-14-2008, 06:26 PM
We did have a pretty good crowd that year.

That's for sure as someone asked me at the store from Ingleside where the stadium was, I was guessing but told them right.

Ingleside Fan
11-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Game time! Good Luck to all 31-3A teams!

SintonFan
11-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Go Mustangs!!!:clap:

piratebg
11-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Rio Hondo up 14-0 in the 2nd.

piratebg
11-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Inglesie scores. Down 14-7 still in the 2nd.

nfcfan
11-14-2008, 09:37 PM
how do the teams look?

SintonFan
11-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Is it still 14-14?!?
Go Mustangs!!!:clap: :clap:

Buccaneer
11-14-2008, 10:59 PM
28-14 Rio Hondo ahead

footballgal
11-14-2008, 11:03 PM
I am going to take a wild guess here and say that Joseph Vela gets a big play for the go ahead TD.

Buccaneer
11-14-2008, 11:17 PM
35-14 4th qtr

footballgal
11-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Looks like Rio Hondo will take this one.

Congratulations Bobcats!
Way to represent 32-3A

footballfan62
11-14-2008, 11:53 PM
31-3A didn't fair well, in losing two of three, since Robstown lost 3-0. Sinton is the big winner in 31-3A, maybe down the road they can play Rio Hondo to see if they can stop the trio.

Rio Hondo came to play and that they did. Even with costly penalties, they overcame and stopped Ingleside many times.

Wish you the best Bobcats in your quest to be the #1 team. But to get out of Region 4, the Pirates may be your road block.

99IHSMustang
11-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Congrats Bobcats on the win.

Turnovers late in the game killed the Mustangs momentum. Ingleside had a lot of passes that were dropped. I will say this whether it was crucial to the outcome of the game or not. RH defenders seemed to purposely pass interfere some of Ingleside’s WR's as to not give up the 30 or 40 yd long pass plays and instead just take the 15 yard penalty. At any rate that is how it goes sometimes.

footballfan62
11-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Congrats Bobcats on the win.

Turnovers late in the game killed the Mustangs momentum. Ingleside had a lot of passes that were dropped. I will say this whether it was crucial to the outcome of the game or not. RH defenders seemed to purposely pass interfere some of Ingleside’s WR's as to not give up the 30 or 40 yd long pass plays and instead just take the 15 yard penalty. At any rate that is how it goes sometimes.

If not to say that's smart football or not, worse part is that with the penalty, Mustangs didn't capitalize and score. Then too I'm sure it was told to our defense, we had to stop 5, 44, and 12, but to what I heard bearly over the PA, sounds like others stepped up as well unexpectedly. Being down 21-14 and not converting 4th downs pretty much sealed the doom. Yet many times Rio Hondo trickery paid dividends for themselves.

99IHSMustang
11-15-2008, 12:11 AM
If not to say that's smart football or not, worse part is that with the penalty, Mustangs didn't capitalize and score. Then too I'm sure it was told to our defense, we had to stop 5, 44, and 12, but to what I heard bearly over the PA, sounds like others stepped up as well unexpectedly. Being down 21-14 and not converting 4th downs pretty much sealed the doom. Yet many times Rio Hondo trickery paid dividends for themselves.

This is true... we couldn't get it done when needed and it Ingleside's fate. I expect great things in the next couple of years from this young Mustang team seeing as how this was really supposed to be a "rebuilding" year. Good season Stangs! Hope to see what you got next year.

footballfan62
11-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
This is true... we couldn't get it done when needed and it Ingleside's fate. I expect great things in the next couple of years from this young Mustang team seeing as how this was really supposed to be a "rebuilding" year. Good season Stangs! Hope to see what you got next year.

Would be nice to see Stangs get their due next year since it will be the last full year the Navy will be in town (base closure Sep 30 2010) . I'm hoping to be close to Ingleside if not stay put and just drive to Corpus, but have to see how the economy is then. Hate to have to leave Ingleside being here now 16+ years, but have to go where I can stay employed.

99IHSMustang
11-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Would be nice to see Stangs get their due next year since it will be the last full year the Navy will be in town (base closure Sep 30 2010) . I'm hoping to be close to Ingleside if not stay put and just drive to Corpus, but have to see how the economy is then. Hate to have to leave Ingleside being here now 16+ years, but have to go where I can stay employed.

I hear ya. I moved to San Antonio just this year and I have to say, that I really love it. SA is a great place to live.

footballfan62
11-15-2008, 12:32 AM
For me I still have an option to sell back my military time, in which I can accomulate over 30 years of federal service. Yet as to how I feel, I don't plan on retiring. I feel that what I can do in 26 days a year, is sufficent, and don't see why give it up. Since my job isn't too difficult, why give up the good pay.

Since I have been a football fan since the 60s, Texas high school football seems to draw the crowd. Winning and losing is nothing more than how a team can handle themselves. Following Ingleside through the hard years and great years, I tend on continuing following them as best I can. Should I leave the area, at least the internet can help me find out how they are doing.

This is why I was in hopes to see Ingleside advance, but seems like they didn't play the game they usually do. Too tough of a defense and major mistakes. Good luck does go out to the Bobcats and see how far you go, and wish the Mustangs luck next year in returning to the playoffs especially as district champs.