PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Pirates (9-0) @ Lyford Bulldogs (7-3) Bi-District round

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Friday 7:30 pm 11/14

Heres a clip of Lyford against Raymondville last night.

Raymondville at Lyford (http://www.kgbt4.com/sports/video.aspx?id=219075)

pirate4state
11-08-2008, 05:39 PM
We had two turnovers against West Oso that didn't hurt us (to much), but we had been doing well protecting the ball. Can't afford to make any mistakes at this stage.

Lyford loves to throw the ball & they have a good qb & WRs. We'll have to get some penetration, get our hands up and wreck some havoc in the backfield! :D

I'm gonna guess we're about even in speed. I don't think they'll be able to slow down our offense. If they try to shut down our passing, we can run all night long!

Sinton wins 42-21 :cheerl: because I said so! :D

GO PIRATES!

piratebg
11-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Where is the game gonna be at?

pirate4state
11-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Where is the game gonna be at?

IN Lyford .... ugh

piratebg
11-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Nevermind :doh:

piratebg
11-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
IN Lyford .... ugh

No neutral site? That seems kind of funny.

gobbler grad
11-08-2008, 06:41 PM
GO PIRATES...:clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
11-08-2008, 07:10 PM
IN Lyford .... ugh

Well, if it was Burnet playing them down there, they'd be threatening to hang a hundred on them.:D

maroonpirate04
11-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Dang I have to work Friday in the day, gonna be too late for me to get there. Was hoping to go on my first road trip in my new Mustang :( and the cool thing i got it especailly color requested Maroon:D hopefully it will be in on Monday

Go PIRATES!!!

SHOW 'EM WHO'S BACK AS A POWERHOUSE IN THE COASTAL BEND!!

CueroGobblers
11-08-2008, 10:08 PM
What happened a few years ago when Sinton was in the playoffs, I believe they were district champs and they loss in the first round against Hondo. I'm going for Lyford on this one just because they didn't play well against West Oso. How can you let a team like West Oso score 27 points on ya.Sinton is weak, you should have come out of that game shutting them out and scoring big not letting Lyford know that we just barely won that game!! Now it just takes 1 loss and your out of the playoffs. All these 9 wins won't mean $**!Lyford 29 Sinton 15

44INAROW
11-08-2008, 10:21 PM
I'll admit I don't know anything about Lyford but I am still going with the Pirates by 14 in this one........ Good Luck Sinton ;)

pirate4state
11-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
What happened a few years ago when Sinton was in the playoffs, I believe they were district champs and they loss in the first round against Hondo. I'm going for Lyford on this one just because they didn't play well against West Oso. How can you let a team like West Oso score 27 points on ya.Sinton is weak, you should have come out of that game shutting them out and scoring big not letting Lyford know that we just barely won that game!! Now it just takes 1 loss and your out of the playoffs. All these 9 wins won't mean $**!Lyford 29 Sinton 15

I LOVE IT! :clap: Leave it to a former Mathis resident! :2thumbsup

sinton66
11-08-2008, 10:46 PM

"Beware the howling wing-nut!!!":D

ProudHornetMom
11-08-2008, 10:47 PM
I heard that Pirates eat Bulldog meat for appetizers before they plunder. Much as I love dogs, I have to go with the pirates.

CueroGobblers
11-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Hey you think that Sinton is going to make it to state by just winning games that close? Its a whole new ball game now sucker!! LOL!! I can't wait for Sinton to lose so I came come back and say "What happened?" LOL :thumbsup:

44INAROW
11-08-2008, 10:51 PM

I just wish there was some way to change screen names :(

pirate4state
11-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Hey you think that Sinton is going to make it to state by just winning games that close? Its a whole new ball game now sucker!! LOL!! I can't wait for Sinton to lose so I came come back and say "What happened?" LOL :thumbsup:

Well, I know Mathis isn't gonna! So, I'll just ask now..."WHAT HAPPENED?" Go make another shirt!

I know, I know....you live in Cuero. Oops, no you don't. You live in Victoria. Go Vipers!!!

44INAROW - no worries.

44INAROW
11-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Well, I know Mathis isn't gonna! So, I'll just ask now..."WHAT HAPPENED?" Go make another shirt!

I know, I know....you live in Cuero. Oops, no you don't. You live in Victoria. Go Vipers!!!

44INAROW - no worries.

probably still hurting after last season
64 to 7
:eek:

that's ok - keep trying to degrade and talk trash about other teams if it makes you feel better:rolleyes:

back to the subject at hand - I guess the coaches flipped home and home?

CueroGobblers
11-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Hey we'll see after this week. Lets see if your still going to be moving your mouth.LOL or maybe it won't be this week but when they lose because you know its going to happen,right? You're building yourself up for failure but oh well shoot yourself. See ya:2thumbsup

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I just wish there was some way to change screen names :( or to just read member ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Hey we'll see after this week. Lets see if your still going to be moving your mouth.LOL or maybe it won't be this week but when they lose because you know its going to happen,right? You're building yourself up for failure but oh well shoot yourself. See ya:2thumbsup :thinking: i guess every team except two will not shoot themselves and guess every other team is setting up for failure. Well atleast we know your orginal team has already done that. Oh by the way we shouldnt expect to see you after this game as Sinton will win this one! :)

pirate4state
11-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Hey we'll see after this week. Lets see if your still going to be moving your mouth.LOL or maybe it won't be this week but when they lose because you know its going to happen,right? You're building yourself up for failure but oh well shoot yourself. See ya:2thumbsup

In case you missed it and I don't believe you did...Sinton went 1-9 last year & I was still here moving my mouth. Don't count on me leaving if & when we lose.

Shoot myself? :confused: I don't even know how to talk to you. Hey, 44 what's that sig you had? :D

44INAROW
11-09-2008, 12:24 AM
hey, 44 what's that sig you had? :D
you mean this one?
"Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience."
- unknown

I like this one too
"I refuse to get into a Battle of Wits with an unarmed opponent" - unknown

pirate4state
11-09-2008, 12:28 AM
:) thank you

GO PIRATES GO!!!

sinton66
11-09-2008, 10:24 AM

Hey Dorothy, you forgot to click your heels.:taunt:

BrahmaMom
11-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Good luck, Sinton!! The Pirates have been one of my favorite teams for several years now-- a first class program and town!

Phil C
11-09-2008, 06:57 PM

Former is the key. If he were there he would know how even this district is.

CueroDad08
11-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Sinton will take this one upfront, control both sides of the lines and in 2nd half pull away.
Good luck to both teams but got to pick Sinton in this one.

sinton66
11-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Good luck, Sinton!! The Pirates have been one of my favorite teams for several years now-- a first class program and town!

Yall are going D2, right? It would be great to give you guys another shot at us. ;) Of course, WE have to make it that far first. Good luck to the Brahmas too.

CueroGobblers
11-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey sintonfans those 9 wins won't mean jack if you can't make it to the state game,which I doubt that would happen:tisk: Hey what happen to Mathis its done with but thats how it goes and I wish them all the luck the rest of the year. Why are you guys getting all pissed off? Take it so serious. Your not even in high school anymore but dang!! LOL!!

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Hey sintonfans those 9 wins won't mean jack if you can't make it to the state game,which I doubt that would happen:tisk: Hey what happen to Mathis its done with but thats how it goes and I wish them all the luck the rest of the year. Why are you guys getting all pissed off? Take it so serious. Your not even in high school anymore but dang!! LOL!!
Wow! And all this time I was unaware that a team and the fans shouldn't be proud of an undefeated regular season. I guess that's better than NOT going undefeated and still not making it to the state game.

BrahmaMom
11-09-2008, 08:17 PM
It'd be fun to play Sinton again. With another son out there, you know my heart is with the Brahmas, but you know I love the Pirates, too. Best of luck!

sinfan75
11-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Hey sintonfans those 9 wins won't mean jack if you can't make it to the state game,which I doubt that would happen:tisk: Hey what happen to Mathis its done with but thats how it goes and I wish them all the luck the rest of the year. Why are you guys getting all pissed off? Take it so serious. Your not even in high school anymore but dang!! LOL!! Sinton 9-0, District Champions.:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-09-2008, 08:51 PM
:doh: ignore list not working with the quotes of that poster:)

44INAROW
11-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:doh: ignore list not working with the quotes of that poster:)

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience."

sinton66
11-09-2008, 09:09 PM

You're giving yourself way too much credit. :rolleyes:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-09-2008, 10:17 PM
P4S is that the new shirts?
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/fb.jpg

pirate4state
11-09-2008, 10:18 PM
P4S is that the new shirts?
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/fb.jpg Yes. I'll have more on Wednesday. Sold out on Friday! :eek: :)

OldBison75
11-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Sinton wins this one big and moves one step closer to the best turnaround in the state.

By the way P4S, Cuero Gobbler is trying his best to show everyone his true colors----the only team he has ever assoiciated with that was good is is name. Everyone else is inferior in his mind.

Just remember, the wind blows hardest in the emptiest canyon. If his brains were dynamite, he could not blow up a soap bubble.

sinton66
11-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Sinton wins this one big and moves one step closer to the best turnaround in the state.

By the way P4S, Cuero Gobbler is trying his best to show everyone his true colors----the only team he has ever assoiciated with that was good is is name. Everyone else is inferior in his mind.

Just remember, the wind blows hardest in the emptiest canyon. If his brains were dynamite, he could not blow up a soap bubble.

He's from Mathis, not Cuero. Cuero doesn't claim him. Mathis probably doesn't want to either.:D

OldBison75
11-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I was just pointing out the type poster he is when he calls himself CueroGobbler and probably can't name two people that live in Cuero. He has to seem to support a winner and can't find that in his own backyard.

Johnny 5
11-10-2008, 07:57 AM
I will go with Lyford by 14.

There defense is pretty fricking good. They are actually underestimated. They are fast to the ball. Their speed matched up with Raymondville. Both are tied in my mind for the second fastest teams we played this year (with first going to Cuero).

Their offense can score from anywhere on the field. ANYWHERE.

They can run to an extant. Not like Rio Hondo. I would say about 3-5ypc. But they will run sparingly.

Phil C
11-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
He's from Mathis, not Cuero. Cuero doesn't claim him. Mathis probably doesn't want to either.:D

Hey 66 Mathis is probably happy they have Ramon rather than him.

:)

Phil C
11-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Those fortunate to go the Sinton vs Lyford game should make a mini vacation out of it. Go to the game Friday night and spend the night then Saturday go to Mexico and go shopping maybe even made a cock roach stomping contest in McAllen. Also the beach may be an option. Then Saturday night go to South Padre Island to the Pelican West Band's place located just south of the Raddison to hear some great music. Then go to your motel and get up Sunday and come back to Sinton.

Phil C
11-10-2008, 04:48 PM
It is 120 miles from Sinton to Lyford. Lyford is 56 miles from South Padre Island.

sinfan75
11-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Geez I hate makin a prediction on play-off games. Don't know squat about teams outside 31-3a. But I'll take Sinton in this 0ne 21-17.

Ranger354
11-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Sinton has seen speed. Maybe not the abundance of speed that Cuero has, but that kid from Hebronville and both of those backs from Oso could move.

We got a little speed on our side too you know.

Sinton by 7.

CueroGobblers
11-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey 66 Mathis is probably happy they have Ramon rather than him.

:)
Hey Phil your talking about your brother or your dad LOL!! Aw that was wrong but Im still picking Lyford over Sinton just because they really haven't blow nobody out this year. For example, take the Mathis game a team that was beaten bad by Ingleside a few weeks before and Sinton couldn't even put up 28 against them. How about West Oso just last week won barely by 3 points. I know a win is a win but against West Oso LOL!! Always expect the unexpected!!

I give props to Sinton for turning it around in just a year but what Im saying is that they have just barely gotten by these teams what makes you thing that its going to be easy for them on Friday. Lyford is coming off a win from behind against a team that is one of the valleys best. Lyford wins by 14 points and Sinton loses 2 of there best players during the game to injury. Sorry!!! :taunt: :taunt:

CHSVARSITYDAD
11-10-2008, 10:29 PM
dont know much about Lyford but gotta go with Sinton by 10. What a turnaround,and that mini vacation idea is awesome.
Go Pirates!!!!

sinton66
11-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey Phil your talking about your brother or your dad LOL!! Aw that was wrong but Im still picking Lyford over Sinton just because they really haven't blow nobody out this year. For example, take the Mathis game a team that was beaten bad by Ingleside a few weeks before and Sinton couldn't even put up 28 against them. How about West Oso just last week won barely by 3 points. I know a win is a win but against West Oso LOL!! Always expect the unexpected!!

I give props to Sinton for turning it around in just a year but what Im saying is that they have just barely gotten by these teams what makes you thing that its going to be easy for them on Friday. Lyford is coming off a win from behind against a team that is one of the valleys best. Lyford wins by 14 points and Sinton loses 2 of there best players during the game to injury. Sorry!!! :taunt: :taunt:

The injury comment is uncalled for. You're off this thread.

headhunter
11-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Sinton has been taking care of business all year down south, I don't see any way they don't pull this one out. Sinton is playing with a lot of confidence and those kids are ready for another run deep in the playoffs, they remeber what its like to watch some successful teams. I'll take Sinton by a good margin.

Sinton 30
Lyford 17

IHStangFan
11-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Gimme Sinton by a TD.

sinton66
11-11-2008, 11:01 AM
GO PIRATES!!!!
AND LADY PIRATES TONIGHT!!!

Johnny 5
11-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Pshhh . . .

32-3A will sweep 31-3A :cool:

pirate4state
11-11-2008, 11:54 AM
I really feel both the offenses will move the ball, but I think our defense will have the upper hand.

Defense wins championships and while we might be giving up some yardage our boys buckle down in the red zone! :clap:

They had 3 HUGE 4th down stops against West Oso last Friday inside the 10....HUGE.

What are Lyford's numbers like? We may also wear them down depth wise. :thumbsup:

GO PIRATES!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
Pshhh . . .

32-3A will sweep 31-3A :cool: johnny, johnny johnny come on you know 32-3a is south of 31-3a and the saying is the more south you are of region 3 the weaker your team is :p :D

Ingleside Fan
11-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
Pshhh . . .

32-3A will sweep 31-3A :cool:

Well I guess no one has to play. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Only one poster standing up for valley.

sinton66
11-11-2008, 05:06 PM
There could be a sweep alright, I'll bring an extra broom or two.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
Well I guess no one has to play. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Only one poster standing up for valley. :D i am the only one stirring the pot against the valley peeps in their forums for Ingleside

Ingleside Fan
11-11-2008, 05:41 PM
:D i am the only one stirring the pot against the valley peeps in their forums for Ingleside

Thanks for the help!;)

Bullaholic
11-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Sinton is 10-0 going in to this game. That alone should be enough for fans and opponents to pay some attention to the Pirates. I think the Sinton fans may smell the potential for a playoff run---Best of luck to the Pirates, and I think you will win by 10 or more over Lyford and be looking for a stadium to play for the Area title next week against Pearsall.

sinton66
11-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks Bullaholic, but actually we're just 9-0 because Ike cancelled a game on us. But hey, what's one little game among friends?;)

Ingleside Fan
11-12-2008, 09:53 AM
How about those Sinton Pirates! GO 31-3A!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BrahmaMom
11-12-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm all about those Pirates!!! GO SINTON!!

maroonpirate04
11-12-2008, 02:10 PM
GO PIRATES!!

MAROON MANIA!!!

pirate4state
11-12-2008, 02:14 PM
I am so torn. I don't know whether to drive 2 hours to Lyford or 2 hours to San Antonio. :bigcry:

I feel really bad for the parents that have to make the decision.

Actually, I think it's only one set of parents. :thinking:

GOOD LUCK PIRATES & LADY PIRATES!!!

Ranger354
11-12-2008, 08:13 PM
anyone going to do a play by play on here for us folks that really want to be there, but just can't make it there.

still working 13 hour days and hope to be off by the 22nd. That will be 32 days straight........

sinton66
11-12-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm sure SFIA will update if he's going to the game.

sinton66
11-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Uh oh, he's out of state and not gonna make the game. Maybe we can call someone from the game.

sinton66
11-13-2008, 03:51 PM
R U READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??

GO PIRATES!!!!

pirate4state
11-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
R U READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??

GO PIRATES!!!!

Gonna watch some football tonight! :cheerl:

Phil C
11-13-2008, 05:02 PM
THIS COULD BE A BAD OMEN FOR THE PIRATES! :(

Pirates lose to the British in battle near Somalia.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article5141745.ece

sinton66
11-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Nah, those are amateur pirates.;)

Ranger354
11-14-2008, 05:15 AM
so i guess we are on our own as far as a play by play? someone will update us on the game......score.

sinton66
11-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Yes. I will call in updates to Ranger Mom and she will post them for me.

pirate4state
11-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Boys I will be with you in spirit! I'm gonna go cheer our girls on to victory so yall can come up on Saturday and cheer for them!!!

Remember that you have a "plan". Go down there and show 'em what the Pirates are all about!

Good Luck!

Hit 'em hard!!! Have fun!!! Dominate!!

GO PIRATES GO!!!

Ingleside Fan
11-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Good Luck Pirates! Make 31-3A Proud!! Sail that Pirate Ship to Victory!!:D

Ingleside Fan
11-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Boys I will be with you in spirit! I'm gonna go cheer our girls on to victory so yall can come up on Saturday and cheer for them!!!

Remember that you have a "plan". Go down there and show 'em what the Pirates are all about!

Good Luck!

Hit 'em hard!!! Have fun!!! Dominate!!

GO PIRATES GO!!!

Hey whose going to update me??:thinking:

sinton66
11-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Hey whose going to update me??:thinking:

send me your number.

pirate4state
11-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey whose going to update me??:thinking: I can still update you. I'll just forward the text I receive. ;)

Ingleside Fan
11-14-2008, 11:38 AM
I can still update you. I'll just forward the text I receive. ;)

Thanks! I will update you also, but everyone has predicted we are done.:rolleyes:

Phil C
11-14-2008, 11:40 AM
GO SINTON PIRATES!

GO INGLESIDE!

GO ROBSTOWN!

GO 31AAA!

footballgal
11-14-2008, 12:49 PM
It’s home, sweet home for Bulldogs

http://epaper.valleystar.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=VMS/2008/11/14/18/Img/Pc0180000.jpg
Joe Hermosa / Valley Morning Star
Lyford quarterback Johnny Esparza looks for a receiver downfield during the Bulldogs’ win over Raymondville last week. Lyford will host the Sinton Pirates tonight at Lyford Bulldog Stadium.

By ARMANDO GARZA
RGVSports.com 956-430-6255

LYFORD

— For the first time in 39 years, playoff football is back at Lyford Bulldog Stadium. The Bulldogs have made plenty of playoff appearances since then, however they had not hosted a postseason contest. Until now. The ’Dogs entertain the 31-3A champion-Sinton Pirates tonight in a Class 3A Division II clash in Willacy County. Tonight’s winner will take on Pearsall, who enjoyed a first-round bye, next week in the area round. “The flips paid off for us. I think the community deserved a playoff game here,” Lyford head coach Jaime Infante said. “I was glad for the community. We took the chance and it paid off for us.” Lyford (7-3) finished second in 32-3A and is in the postseason for the fifth time in six seasons. They had a superb 2008 regular season, especially throwing the ball. Lyford led the Rio Grande Valley in passing yardage. The Bulldogs have relied on the outstanding duo of quarterback Johnny Esparza (1,558 yards, 24 TDs) and Andrew Delgado (79 catches, 1,502 yards, 17 TDs) for a chunk of the production through the air. But it’s not all Delgado. Lyford has a solid group of wide receivers, led by Kevin Thomas (30-387), Jacob Carranco (27-364) and Jorge Lerma (22-309). In fact, Lyford QBs have completed passes to 15 different receivers. And in last week’s 14-10 win over Raymondville, Lyford showed it can play a little defense, too. Down 10-0, the D came up with several key stops to give its offense a chance to rally. Infante had high praise for coordinator Eloy Perez’s unit. “We’re coming off a great defensive game,” Infante said. “We built up some defensive momentum and that’s big going into the playoffs.” Sinton, meanwhile, is back in the playoffs and with a roar. The Pirates (9-0) rolled through the regular season to take the district crown in Coach Tom Allen’s second season. Sinton’s turnaround from 1-9 a year ago to 9-0 has been a remarkable one. “They’ve got a quarterback who’s 6-foot-5 (Josh Harrison) and they throw the ball well when they have to. They’ve got an impressive running game,” Infante said. Harrison and Carson Cave each see time under center for Sinton’s offense. The pair are also threats running the football, as each has rushed for over 400 yards. “We’re impressed with what we’ve seen on video,” Infante said. “Obviously, they’re undefeated and got some football tradition. We’re looking forward to bringing them to Lyford.” Despite going up against a tough Pirates team that has not lost this season, Infante said his Bulldogs are ready, willing and able. “We’ve told our kids that tradition is on paper,” he said. “Teams prove themselves on the field. I don’t think our kids are looking at records. They’re believing in themselves and I think Sinton’s in for a great ballgame.”
Armando Garza covers sub-4A football for Valley Freedom Newpspapers. He can be reached at armandog@valleystar.com.

pirate4state
11-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the article!

Our defense has had a tendency to give up some big play TDs, but amazingly enough we didn't give up the "big play TD" to West Oso. Easily the most talented team in our district with speed to burn! So kudos to our defense. :2thumbsup

This could turn into somewhat of a shoot out with both offenses being "high powered", but I believe that our defense will make the stops necessary to keep Lyford out of the end zone more times than they'll keep us out! :D

and more importantly....they believe it too! ;)

:cheerl: GO PIRATES! :cheerl:

Vrabird
11-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Come on Pirates!! GATA!!! Don't ever give up the heart and desire you have shown all Year!! Good luck tonight!

Buckeye80
11-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Sinton 33 Lyford 6

Ingleside Fan
11-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Pirates by 14.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Go Pirates!!! I want a see a Pirate game next week!!!