PDA

View Full Version : Region II GotW: Argyle (6-4) vs. Paris (6-4)

charlesrixey
11-08-2008, 02:41 PM
while there is another good game in the kennedale/madison rematch on the other side of the bracket, this game is more likely to produce a quarterfinal team. The records are misleading in this one

Argyle's QB slumped a little in the last game against Celina, something tells me he will get back on track in this one

Paris will try and pound it out, and Argyle's Frizzell (?) will try and answer.

The biggest unknown here is Paris' defense

charlesrixey
11-08-2008, 02:45 PM
thanks to whoever got the poll to post!

i have no clue what just happened, but it wouldn't let me do it-twice!

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
thanks to whoever got the poll to post!

i have no clue what just happened, but it wouldn't let me do it-twice!
I started a new thread with the poll, merged, then deleted my post. :nerd: (Once a thread is made, a poll can't be "added" without doing this.)

charlesrixey
11-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I started a new thread with the poll, merged, then deleted my post. :nerd: (Once a thread is made, a poll can't be "added" without doing this.)
Danke!

gobbler grad
11-08-2008, 06:32 PM
don't know anything about either team...but i'll take Argyle by 2 td's...:thinking:

catgut
11-08-2008, 09:43 PM
I took my Paris boys although I hear it's going to be a heck of a game. I really know nothing about Argyle except they're supposed to have a good qb and reciever. How much team speed to they have?

CHS_89
11-08-2008, 10:04 PM
#24 for Argyle is their big play receiver. Their nose guard is a hoss and very quick. If the QB is on and #24 is open all night, they will be tough to beat. Their running back is also a standout in my OP. Good luck!!!

Dieselsmoke
11-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Paris has found a passing game and has been very productive with it in their last three games. They also have speed, speed, speed....they also have a pretty tough defense, good linebackers and speed in the secondary. If Argyle is one dimensional and doesn't have some speedy dbacks, Paris will win.

Rabid Cougar
11-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Will go with Argyle due to #15's China Spring's connections.

Budman007
11-09-2008, 08:28 PM
I hope Paris has a good O-line and a QB with a quick release. Argyle's D-lineman #15 was the most challenging player our O-line faced all year. Don't be surprised if he is in Paris' backfield all night.

catgut
11-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
I hope Paris has a good O-line and a QB with a quick release. Argyle's D-lineman #15 was the most challenging player our O-line faced all year. Don't be surprised if he is in Paris' backfield all night.
Think he can get in the backfield quick enough to catch our 115 pound back? LOL. He better be really quick. I'm sure Argyle should be picked to beat us. They've been here past few years and we haven't. No one knows anything about us, we're new to 3A, we're out here away from all the other schools, but we do have a few athletes. I just hope we play up to our ability. If we do it should be a good game. If nervousness from being in playoffs after so long gets to us we could get blown out.

Budman007
11-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by catgut
Think he can get in the backfield quick enough to catch our 115 pound back? LOL. He better be really quick. I'm sure Argyle should be picked to beat us. They've been here past few years and we haven't. No one knows anything about us, we're new to 3A, we're out here away from all the other schools, but we do have a few athletes. I just hope we play up to our ability. If we do it should be a good game. If nervousness from being in playoffs after so long gets to us we could get blown out.

Our all-state QB runs a 4.5 40 and Argyle's #15 actually ran him down on one play. So, get ready. Good luck to both teams!

Dieselsmoke
11-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Budman007
Our all-state QB runs a 4.5 40 and Argyle's #15 actually ran him down on one play. So, get ready. Good luck to both teams!
Argyle does not have the speed to match Paris, period. They may have a better all around team, but #15 will not catch the Paris RB Ethridge from behind, believe that!

Budman007
11-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Paris better have a quality O-line because Argyle's D-line is pretty salty.:eek:

catgut
11-11-2008, 01:44 PM
I've heard that Alystene has a great line both on offense and defense. Our district was too easy other than North Lamar but we did play a great predistrict schedule which should help us. I think it may come down to who makes a critical mistake...and just hope it's not us.

OrangeChamps
11-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Rixey, excellent game to cover this week. Got to believe a winner here will be looking to Celina in a few weeks. The key to the game is Argyle's quarterback. As you said, he struggled tremendously last week, especially on the opening drive. If he makes those throws this week, I would have to believe Argyle will pull it out.

However, haven't seen Paris and after the thumping they gave VA last week, appear to be pretty strong. If they can get past #15, then they definitly have a strong shot.

Argyle 28
Paris 17

BILLYFRED0000
11-12-2008, 09:30 AM
The Eagles are pretty strong on the defensive line. They gave us a lot of issues. We were adjusting all night to their pass rush and run stopping ability. And they are tested. I think I will go with argyle.

skins4life
11-13-2008, 04:51 PM
If that sophomore QB at Argyle struggles they may use the freshman. My son says he can play just as well. He's on the side lines of every Argyle game.

RPF2666
11-14-2008, 09:05 AM
The back up definately outplayed the starter in the final district game last week. Their big threat may have had a bigger impact in the game if either one of them could have gotten the ball in his hands more.

If they can get it to him, he'll be trouble for ANY defense.

firstdown
11-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
[B
If they can get it to him, he'll be trouble for ANY defense. [/B]

Amen Brother. If we get the ball to Brady we will be hard to beat.

Our defense is good if we play to our ability we win tonight by 2 TD's.

Good Luck Eagles

skins4life
11-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Argyle 27
Paris 0
Halftime

eagles26
11-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Argyle 41
Paris 21
FINAL

RPF2666
11-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Good job, Eagles! Fly that 9-3A flag. We may not be the MIGHTY and ALL POWERFUL 2-3A but our top three can play a little!:clap: