PDA

View Full Version : Dalhart vs Sweetwater Friday

Wolf Playa
11-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Believe this is right...Dalhart will play Sweetwater on Friday at 7:30 in Plainview....Saw that Sweetwater lost....Dalhart won over Perryton 21-0...I see this being a low scoring game too be honest..Dalhart has a great run stop D...and everyone knows Sweetwater likes too run

wildstangs
11-08-2008, 01:50 AM
Wish I could go to this one. We still have a ton of friends in Plainview. If anyone needs a good place to eat before the game, I recommend Monterey's Little Mexico. It is on Olton Road.

Sweetwater 35
Dalhart 14

Dalhart may be pretty good at stopping the run, but I don't think they have seen the speed Sweetwater will bring to the table.

Wolf Playa
11-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Yea thats true...yall have alot of speed, but make sure you run too the outside...running up the middle wont get yall anywhere =D

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Congrats on the big win tonight!

VWG
11-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Mustangs will beat Dalhart, but for the Mustangs to make a long playoff run they will have to mix it up on offense.
Very few teams can stay one dimensional on offense and advance far in the playoffs.
Lost their starting QB against Wylie this Friday night, but even with that injury Wylie shut their other "horses" down.
Jackson is a great coach, but they will have to throw the ball sooner or later to help them win some games.

dbch
11-08-2008, 11:20 AM
I saw on a different thread that said Sweetwater vs Dalhart was going to be at Eagle Field in Plainview. That is some Jr High field or something. The game will be at Plainview's newly renovated and renamed Greg Sherwood Memorial Bulldog Stadium. This Staduim is named for their coach in the 70s & 80s, who by the way was the Dalhart coach before that.

Maybe Dalhart can get something extra out of that to play Sweetwater. We are gonna need it.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=735

wildstangs
11-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by dbch
I saw on a different thread that said Sweetwater vs Dalhart was going to be at Eagle Field in Plainview. That is some Jr High field or something. The game will be at Plainview's newly renovated and renamed Greg Sherwood Memorial Bulldog Stadium. This Staduim is named for their coach in the 70s & 80s, who by the way was the Dalhart coach before that.

Maybe Dalhart can get something extra out of that to play Sweetwater. We are gonna need it.

The game is being played at Sherwood, which as at Estacado Junior High. Kinda wierd situation, but still a nice place. Feel sorry for the visiting team, since they will have the locker room that we used for the 8th graders...I dont know if the showers even work.

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by dbch

:doh: :doh: :doh: I wondered about "Eagle Stadium" when I posted it. I knew Plainview was the Bulldogs. Apparently I was still asleep and just clicked on the first "Plainview" I saw. Thanks for the info! I'm correcting it now. :)

DOS EQUIS
11-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Wolf Playa
Yea thats true...yall have alot of speed, but make sure you run too the outside...running up the middle wont get yall anywhere =D

We saw that very well during the Wylie game. :(

ivchris
11-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Good luck Mustangs

STANG RED
11-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Mustangs will beat Dalhart, but for the Mustangs to make a long playoff run they will have to mix it up on offense.
Very few teams can stay one dimensional on offense and advance far in the playoffs.
Lost their starting QB against Wylie this Friday night, but even with that injury Wylie shut their other "horses" down.
Jackson is a great coach, but they will have to throw the ball sooner or later to help them win some games.

Any team that has an excellent run stop defense will beat Sweetwater. Just look at any Wylie game or playoff game Sweetwater has lost year after year. Same story every time, just a different verse. I'm getting really sick of hearing people continually defend Jackson, when everyone knows all he ever has is an extremely one dimensional offense. Its the same every year no matter who the players are, and it is always the one outstanding reason when Sweetwater gets beat. And yet, no matter how obvious it is year after year, nothing ever changes. All anyone has to do is look at the undeniable facts and stats from the majority of those loses down through the years to see what I'm saying is 100% accurate.
Once again, as in every Jackson year of the past, we have not developed a decent passing game to fall back on when we need it. And once again it got us beat against Wylie again, and it will get us beat sooner or later in the playoffs again. But I have preached this every year in the past to no avail, so I don’t know why I'm wasting my time saying it again and again. It'll obviously never change. At least Jackson is a good AD and a very fine man. And I guess that’s what’s most important, and what I appreciate the most about him. But please don’t anyone try to tell me how great of a coach he is. I've seen too much for too long to swallow that load of garbage.

Bubba-Joe
11-09-2008, 04:09 PM
go ahead and say what you really feel Red, you don't have to sugar coat it cousin.

mustang68
11-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Any team that has an excellent run stop defense will beat Sweetwater. Just look at any Wylie game or playoff game Sweetwater has lost year after year. Same story every time, just a different verse. I'm getting really sick of hearing people continually defend Jackson, when everyone knows all he ever has is an extremely one dimensional offense. Its the same every year no matter who the players are, and it is always the one outstanding reason when Sweetwater gets beat. And yet, no matter how obvious it is year after year, nothing ever changes. All anyone has to do is look at the undeniable facts and stats from the majority of those loses down through the years to see what I'm saying is 100% accurate.
Once again, as in every Jackson year of the past, we have not developed a decent passing game to fall back on when we need it. And once again it got us beat against Wylie again, and it will get us beat sooner or later in the playoffs again. But I have preached this every year in the past to no avail, so I don’t know why I'm wasting my time saying it again and again. It'll obviously never change. At least Jackson is a good AD and a very fine man. And I guess that’s what’s most important, and what I appreciate the most about him. But please don’t anyone try to tell me how great of a coach he is. I've seen too much for too long to swallow that load of garbage.

Great opinion just like your trailing side.
:hand:

Tired of listening to it. :(

wildstangs
11-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Good grief...The man wins games. Wasn't even picked to make the playoffs this year, and he leads the team to an 8-2 record and 9th consecutive playoff trip. If he doesn't think this team has the ability/need to pass the ball, then I trust his judgment.

STANG RED
11-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by mustang68
Great opinion just like your trailing side.
:hand:

Tired of listening to it. :(

Thanks for complimenting my great trailing side, :confused: Personally, I think its gotten a bit soft and out of shape.

I'm tired of saying it for years, but I'll keep on till it changes. Which doesn’t look like anytime soon. So I guess I can just expect to keep seeing the same results. And I know I'm not the only one tired of that. But if you like and don’t mind settling for mediocrity, I guess that's your business.

mustang68
11-09-2008, 09:54 PM
I too wish to wave a magic wand and magically have what it takes to fulfill your desires. However, two key ingredients, a QB capable of passing and receivers capable of catching, are apparently lacking in our system.;)
But you just keep on tilting at those windmills Don Q.:D

STANG RED
11-09-2008, 10:04 PM
I too wish to wave a magic wand and magically have what it takes to fulfill your desires. However, two key ingredients, a QB capable of passing and receivers capable of catching, are apparently lacking in our system.;)
But you just keep on tilting at those windmills Don Q.:D
:rolleyes:
Plenty of 6 man, 1A, 2A, etc....... teams that can throw and catch a football. I'm not buying for a minute that we have no one that can, nor have not ever had ones that could. Its the philosophy that’s in question here, not the ability of the athletes. We have always had plenty of ability, and i have no doubt still do.

Stownhorse
11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Good grief...The man wins games. Wasn't even picked to make the playoffs this year, and he leads the team to an 8-2 record and 9th consecutive playoff trip. If he doesn't think this team has the ability/need to pass the ball, then I trust his judgment.

Just think of how much better Sweetwater would be if they could throw the rock with that run game. The mans statement is true. I have been to many Sweetwater losses and all were because they couldnt throw the ball. Stack the line like Wylie does year in and year out and you will shut the run down. Simple concept.

mustang68
11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
YOur the man.:D
It's just too bad your not on the coaching staff; we could have won state what . . . . . every year?:kiss:

Stownhorse
11-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Maybe haha

DOS EQUIS
11-09-2008, 10:21 PM

Yes sir, we talked about that during the Wylie game. Too darn one dimensional. It works within our district but how long will that last. Yes you are wasting your breathe. The run game is Sweetwater's bread and butter. It is the basic offense of football. Throw in some pass plays and the whole system is screwed. Sweetwater teaches the run game early with the passing game just as an after thought. I'm still going to Plainview to see if Dalhart can stop the wishbone. We saw that Wylie could. :(

wtfootball
11-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Sweetwater 28
Dalhart 21

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Well said. :clap:

OldBison75
11-09-2008, 11:18 PM
I have some trouble with the "can't win without a passing game" idea even though my team is a spead team. A running team, Liberty Hill, handed us our butts last year in the playoffs and we threw more passes in the first series of that game than LH did all year, I think. The key is the system, winners breed winners and execution of the game plan with mistakes eliminated, wins games. Sweetwater may not win the championship, but they will be a formidble opponent in every game. Don't knock success.

swstangs001
11-10-2008, 12:47 AM

i agree with alot of this, but it jsut seems to me like he can't win the big game and he makes the wrong decisions under pressure

Stownhorse
11-10-2008, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I have some trouble with the "can't win without a passing game" idea even though my team is a spead team. A running team, Liberty Hill, handed us our butts last year in the playoffs and we threw more passes in the first series of that game than LH did all year, I think. The key is the system, winners breed winners and execution of the game plan with mistakes eliminated, wins games. Sweetwater may not win the championship, but they will be a formidble opponent in every game. Don't knock success.

Dont compare LH to Sweetwater. Thats 2 different styles of base offense. IMO you can do a lot more out of the wing t offense rather than the bone.

I too wish to wave a magic wand and magically have what it takes to fulfill your desires. However, two key ingredients, a QB capable of passing and receivers capable of catching, are apparently lacking in our system.
But you just keep on tilting at those windmills Don Q.

When QB's are taught the option, and recievers to be wide blockers starting in the 7th grade, its kind of hard to find a good throwing QB and recievers that can catch.

garciap77
11-10-2008, 09:10 AM

Agree! But, needs to move on to winning the big games! And that's is to be able to pass when the run gets stop. Good Luck in the playoffs!

Sweetwater Red
11-10-2008, 10:10 AM
I have two words....

LIBERTY HILL

STANG RED
11-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I have two words....

LIBERTY HILL

Different offense, and completely different down lineman up front that carries about an additional 200 + lbs. across the line. Bigger bodies that can move bigger piles and open bigger holes. HUGE HUGE difference!
I'm always amazed when people cant either see the obvious, or refuse to believe what they see.
Sorry ol buddy, but thats just the way I feel, and have for a very long time. Not going to shy away from saying again, till I see a change.

Sweetwater Red
11-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Apparently our starting QB is going to sit this game out after
getting injured against Wylie. I guess we'll get a chance to see
what the Barnes kid can do.

STANG RED
11-10-2008, 11:29 AM

Is he the one that came in Friday night? He looked pretty athletic to me.

Can he throw the ba,,,,,,,,,,,oops, nevermind,,,,,,,,,doesnt matter anyway.:(

Sweetwater Red
11-10-2008, 11:36 AM

Can he throw the ba,,,,,,,,,,,oops, nevermind,,,,,,,,,doesnt matter anyway.:(

Yep, he's the one. But, whatever you do, don't tell DaHop that
he's a move-in from Levelland.:D

DaHop72
11-10-2008, 11:37 AM

Can he throw the ba,,,,,,,,,,,oops, nevermind,,,,,,,,,doesnt matter anyway.:( http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

DaHop72
11-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Yep, he's the one. But, whatever you do, don't tell DaHop that
he's a move-in from Levelland.:D Heck, that's no problem Red, wouldn't be the first time your back-up QB has been a move in. :devil: :devil:

swstangs001
11-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Dont compare LH to Sweetwater. Thats 2 different styles of base offense. IMO you can do a lot more out of the wing t offense rather than the bone.

When QB's are taught the option, and recievers to be wide blockers starting in the 7th grade, its kind of hard to find a good throwing QB and recievers that can catch.

quarterbacks are taught the option but rarely learn how to pitch the ball:eek:

Stangs325
11-10-2008, 11:47 PM
i went to the practice today and birdwell was in his shorts and underarmor with a giant ice bag around his ribs and barnes was taking the snaps. according to the paper it says he has cracked ribs? any idea if this is true? i saw it in the game and he was in alot of pain and it was on the news..also i didnt see #24 rufus mccann there. dont know where he was

swstangs001
11-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Stangs325
i went to the practice today and birdwell was in his shorts and underarmor with a giant ice bag around his ribs and barnes was taking the snaps. according to the paper it says he has cracked ribs? any idea if this is true? i saw it in the game and he was in alot of pain and it was on the news..also i didnt see #24 rufus mccann there. dont know where he was

Zach has bruised ribs according to a very reliable source

Stownhorse
11-11-2008, 12:29 AM

Idk why that kid isnt staring at safety. In the scrimmage I saw, that kid was laying the wood.

grmfan93
11-11-2008, 08:09 AM
sweetwater will roll

Stangs325
11-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Idk why that kid isnt staring at safety. In the scrimmage I saw, that kid was laying the wood.

yeah i saw that too. he had one hit on the sideline that made everyone go crazy. he looks like a very atheltic kid. i just dont know if he knows the plays well enough and i know he couldnt already have the leadership because the kid did just move here. but after watcing birdwell and seeing him take shot after shot, and especialy this being the playoffs, he'll be suited up and ready to go friday. and if so, PUT BARNES AT SAFETY

Sweetwater Red
11-11-2008, 09:40 AM

He was at the beginning of the year. He's a strong run defender
but lacks speed. This hurts him in pass coverage and WR's tend
to get behind him.

I'm not a coach and this is strictly my opinion...

STANG RED
11-11-2008, 11:26 AM
yeah i saw that too. he had one hit on the sideline that made everyone go crazy. he looks like a very atheltic kid. i just dont know if he knows the plays well enough and i know he couldnt already have the leadership because the kid did just move here. but after watcing birdwell and seeing him take shot after shot, and especialy this being the playoffs, he'll be suited up and ready to go friday. and if so, PUT BARNES AT SAFETY

:confused: Know the plays well enough???

Well lets see here. Keeper up the middle, right, or left. Hand off middle, right, or left. Or pitch right or left. That just about covers it dont it? That oughta take about 5 minutes of his first practice session as the starter. If he cant handle that, we better bring up the JV or frosh QB. ;)

STANG RED
11-11-2008, 11:42 AM
From the Weather Channel

Nov 14 Friday
Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 30s.

Ought to be perfect football weather in Plainview Friday night.

gibby
11-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by VWG

I was at the Wylie / SW game and I think SW only threw 4 times.
Their passing game didn't look pretty and I think SW only had 1 completion. It's to late to build a passing/running game, and with a backup QB it would be even tougher. Gotta leave with who brung ya now. Don't know what injuries the starter had. If you do, please relate it. Hope it's not bad.

gibby
11-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Pass or no. Gotta root for the Stangs. I'm a new Mustang fan now.

mustang04
11-11-2008, 05:13 PM

im sorry but thats complete BS....we had about 4-5 receivers that all had GREAT hands...all we ever did in practice was have bets to who would drop the fewest passes...and anybody that has seen me play or have played flag football with me knows i take pride in my hands

Stangs325
11-13-2008, 11:22 PM
so i went to the pep rally tonight and got some info..QB birdwell is out. MLB/FB mccann is suspended. and stud RB Jackson is sick but might still play..it just depends..Hope the back ups can step up

Looking4number8
11-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Good Luck tonight Sweetwater. Make district 2-3A proud!

STANG RED
11-14-2008, 10:30 AM
so i went to the pep rally tonight and got some info..QB birdwell is out. MLB/FB mccann is suspended. and stud RB Jackson is sick but might still play..it just depends..Hope the back ups can step up

McCann suspended???:eek:

Jackson sick???:eek:

:doh: What should have been an easy win, all of the sudden gets real interesting.

DaHop72
11-14-2008, 10:33 AM
so i went to the pep rally tonight and got some info..QB birdwell is out. MLB/FB mccann is suspended. and stud RB Jackson is sick but might still play..it just depends..Hope the back ups can step up :lies: :lies: :devil: :devil:

Phantom Stang
11-14-2008, 12:49 PM
McCann suspended???:eek:
Can't he just tell em he's sorry?:confused:

Butkus
11-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Can't he just tell em he's sorry?:confused: R how bout gettin a big ole switch and usin it on his backside.

wtfootball
11-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Sweetwater in a blowout.

garciap77
11-14-2008, 01:51 PM
:confused: Know the plays well enough???

Well lets see here. Keeper up the middle, right, or left. Hand off middle, right, or left. Or pitch right or left. That just about covers it dont it? That oughta take about 5 minutes of his first practice session as the starter. If he cant handle that, we better bring up the JV or frosh QB. ;)

STANG forget the JV or forsh QB, I would bring the 7th Grade "B" team in all passing situations! J/K
Hope you win tonight. I would like to see another Sweetwater/Snyder game before the year is over!

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2008, 02:16 PM
#24 is not going to start. But, he is going to play.

DaHop72
11-14-2008, 02:31 PM
#24 is not going to start. But, he is going to play. So maybe Butkus is right and Jackson used a willow switch on him. :D

Troybuilt
11-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Sweetwater's D is too much and there offense will score 4 times which will be enough.

Stangs Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!: 28-14