PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 25 Sealy 22

Pudlugger
11-08-2008, 01:31 AM
A very hard hitting game with the Leps pulling it out deep in the 4th on two spectacular tds. The sophomore #9 Wilkerson makes a fingertip catch and outruns the Tiger defender for a 95 yard td. After Sealy scores on 4th and long on a hail mary under intense pressure scrambling deep in the backfield the Leps again were behind 22-19. The Leps connect on a bubble screen on 4th and 4 to sophomore #14 Daniels who breaks two tackles and makes a great move on the safety and dives into the end zone for the final td with about a minute left. On the final drive sealy is intercepted and the Leps run out the clock taking a knee. This was a very tough and hard fought game with many excellent plays by both teams. For the Leps it was their final game. The Tigers now advance to the D1 playoffs and will represent D25 well. Good luck the rest of the way.

As for the Leps, look out next year D25, as the Leps will be the favored team bringing back 9 starters on offense and 8 on defense with several all district players on both sides of the ball. We in La Grange have high hopes for a deep run in the play offs next season. Thanks for a great season and work even harder in off season as that is were championships are won.

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Congrats to La Grange. I actually thought that the Leps would make a post season appearance this year after seeing them give Navasota a battle in the last game of the season last year. Good luck in 09.

trojandad
11-08-2008, 02:03 AM
is that burning feathers i smell??

congrats lagrange....

footballguru
11-08-2008, 02:49 AM
If you predicted the score from watching the warmups and comparing the athletes, I think most people would have picked Sealy to win. It goes to show you that talent does not always win games, sometimes it is determined by heart. This was a great game that had a little of everything, big plays, tough running and great hitting. Both teams kept coming back when they were down. Hats off to Downey, he is a big time back. La Grange had a huge night from QB Shneider, Wr MacHazlett, WR Wilkerson and RB Daniels. The defense forced 4 or 5 turnovers. The officiating was by far the worst I have ever witnessed. The guy on the LG sideline should find something else to do on Friday nights besides making bad calls. Good luck to Giddings, Bellville and Sealy as I know they will represent D25 well.

blackbroth
11-08-2008, 02:54 AM
Staggie, where are you?

Gobbla2001
11-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Uh Oh! Sealy and Cuero could play in the playoffs for the first time since 1997?

Sealy is 3-0 against Cuero in the playoffs...

But, gotta win these games before that one...

Welcome back to the show, Sealy...

TRENCHES06
11-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Cuero will manhandle Sealy. Just my opinion.

La Grange QB threw for over 350 yds and rushed for probably close to 100.
WR's came up big-especially when they needed to. Clutch 4th down catch by #8 late in the game.
For the most part, QB had time to throw. Credit the offensive line for improving over the early district problems.

A TON of starters coming back next year should make LG a team to watch.

1st and goal
11-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Congrats Leps, I'm sorry that you guys aren't playing next week. It's a tough district and as said before, some playoff level teams will be staying home. You guys have a great team and definitely be a contender next year.

STAggie
11-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by blackbroth
Staggie, where are you?

I am right here. Go ahead and talk, I haven't been on because my father in law has been in the hospital. All I can say is good game La Grange but if Sealy would have played with any intensity I believe the score would have been different. That was the most lackluster performance I have ever seen. Our QB had only thrown 1 interception all year and then he throws two last night and Downey fumbles three times. What a horrible game to watch. Congrats La Grange and I wish I could have had a some of the Bar B Q you were feeding the boys after the game. By the way who the hell are you?

headhunter
11-08-2008, 01:24 PM
I keep getting mixed feeling on how good Sealy really is. Just when I start to think Sealy is playing their best football they have a hick-up the week before the playoffs start. Here is what I know about Sealy and please correct me or add on to this:

-Great tradition but have not been successful in the playoffs for a few years, kids are determined to make a statement that they are one of the best teams in the region.
-Great running back the kid runs hard, but the offensive line has some work to do.
-Defense is suspect to the big play but is very good at stopping the run. The cornerbacks play about 7-10 yards back and teams are able to throw the ball on them.
-They are a physical team, and to do not turn the ball over very much.

I have a feeling that last weeks win over Bellvile may have made them come out flat this week. The good thing they can regroup and get ready for win it counts. I am not so sure though how good they are. Good teams always find a way to win on a bad night and they didn't do it.It will be interesting to see them play Cuero in a possible second round matchup.

Bull's-eye
11-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Coming off their very emotional win, I wondered how Sealy would respond in this game. Congratulations to LG, they were only playing for pride, but their perseverance helped decide the D25 championship. Both Giddings & Bellville finished tied for first, with Bellville owning the tie-breaker with their win over the Buffs. Congratulations to those 2 team for winning in a very competitive district. :clap: :clap:

Pudlugger
11-08-2008, 02:00 PM
It galls me that when a good team like Sealy gets beaten in a very hard fought game by an underrated opponent such a La Grange we have to hear how badly they played or how flat they were. It is as if we didn't play the same team that others played. Well I don't buy it. I think Sealy was just outplayed last night. Downey was very impressive and he made some big plays. The hitting was hard from both teams and the fumbles were forced ones from good hits. Sure Sealy was probably looking ahead and went into this game thinking it would not be too tough to roll the Leps. The Leps went into the game with the conviction to make a statement and they made it. The Leps blew their chances for a playoff spot by taking a fired up Smithville team lightly and got pasted. Sealy is fortunate they squeaked by Bellville on a blown play leading to a two point conversion otherwise it would be the Leps playing next Friday.

We in La Grange are now content to look ahead to the 2009 season when virtually the entire Leps offense and defense returns.
Our JV team is coming off an excellent season too. The Leps will be a high preseason ranked team in 2009 and a favorite to win district 25. Go Leps. Good luck to the Tigers against Needville. They should roll.

Pudlugger
11-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Coming off their very emotional win, I wondered how Sealy would respond in this game. Congratulations to LG, they were only playing for pride, but their perseverance helped decide the D25 championship. Both Giddings & Bellville finished tied for first, with Bellville owning the tie-breaker with their win over the Buffs. Congratulations to those 2 team for winning in a very competitive district. :clap: :clap:

Glad the Leps could help. We were just returning the favor from 2006 when yall came from behind to beat Caldwell sending the Leps to the play offs LOL.:)

STAggie
11-08-2008, 04:04 PM
La Grange stop with the if ans and shoulda coulda wouldas. If you honestly think Sealy came out with the same intensity they did against all other opponents in district you are sadly mistaken. We were flat. Not trying take anything away from your team but that was not the same team that played last Friday against Bellville. Take the win and stop talking about how you should be in the playoffs, you didn't get it done when it counted, so stop your belly aching. Have fun with basketball season.

Darren
11-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
A very hard hitting game with the Leps pulling it out deep in the 4th on two spectacular tds. The sophomore #9 Wilkerson makes a fingertip catch and outruns the Tiger defender for a 95 yard td. After Sealy scores on 4th and long on a hail mary under intense pressure scrambling deep in the backfield the Leps again were behind 22-19. The Leps connect on a bubble screen on 4th and 4 to sophomore #14 Daniels who breaks two tackles and makes a great move on the safety and dives into the end zone for the final td with about a minute left. On the final drive sealy is intercepted and the Leps run out the clock taking a knee. This was a very tough and hard fought game with many excellent plays by both teams. For the Leps it was their final game. The Tigers now advance to the D1 playoffs and will represent D25 well. Good luck the rest of the way.

As for the Leps, look out next year D25, as the Leps will be the favored team bringing back 9 starters on offense and 8 on defense with several all district players on both sides of the ball. We in La Grange have high hopes for a deep run in the play offs next season. Thanks for a great season and work even harder in off season as that is were championships are won.

La Grange will be the favored team next year? thats a big statement.

RedStorm
11-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Bellville DC!

Pudlugger
11-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
La Grange stop with the if ans and shoulda coulda wouldas. If you honestly think Sealy came out with the same intensity they did against all other opponents in district you are sadly mistaken. We were flat. Not trying take anything away from your team but that was not the same team that played last Friday against Bellville. Take the win and stop talking about how you should be in the playoffs, you didn't get it done when it counted, so stop your belly aching. Have fun with basketball season.

No one's talking about the Lep should be in the play offs. I'm talking about guys who post that their team was flat when in fact they just lost in a good football game. As a fan it would be more complementary for you to just say that they lost a tough and hard fought game. As for intensity, you must be kidding me right? The Tigers were hitting hard on every play. Several true sloberknockers were delivered by your guys. Did you see the huge block on our #10 from your kick return guy on the last kickoff? Best block of the season as far as I'm concerned. You do not give your own team credit when they lose do you. Fair weather fan or true booster? What is it?:thinking:

Pudlugger
11-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Darren
La Grange will be the favored team next year? thats a big statement.

Sure there will be some disagreement but the Leps return almost their entire team next year. They will be bigger, stronger and more seasoned. Many of our starters are sophomores and still growing. We have a starting DT who is a freshman at 6'3" 260 who will be even better next year. All but two of our receivers will be back as well as the offensive line, qb and backfield . Our defense will bring 8 starters back and should be much improved after this tough season. Our punter and kicker will be back as well.

I know Giddings and Bellville always reload and it will be another good run for the championship in D25 but the Leps will be the team to beat.

STAggie
11-08-2008, 05:12 PM
No one's talking about the Lep should be in the play offs. I'm talking about guys who post that their team was flat when in fact they just lost in a good football game. As a fan it would be more complementary for you to just say that they lost a tough and hard fought game. As for intensity, you must be kidding me right? The Tigers were hitting hard on every play. Several true sloberknockers were delivered by your guys. Did you see the huge block on our #10 from your kick return guy on the last kickoff? Best block of the season as far as I'm concerned. You do not give your own team credit when they lose do you. Fair weather fan or true booster? What is it?:thinking:

To let you know I have been cheering for the Tigers since I was in 1st grade and even played a little in my day. I am not going to say that our team played with intensity when they didn't. There were some good hits yes, but the intensity I have seen all year wasn't there last night. I am not going to sugar coat it, that is what I saw. I talked to several of the players about it after the game and they felt the same way. Once again, have fun in basketball and I am looking forward to next year. You do realize we are only loosing a few players ourselves, right?

Darren
11-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Sure there will be some disagreement but the Leps return almost their entire team next year. They will be bigger, stronger and more seasoned. Many of our starters are sophomores and still growing. We have a starting DT who is a freshman at 6'3" 260 who will be even better next year. All but two of our receivers will be back as well as the offensive line, qb and backfield . Our defense will bring 8 starters back and should be much improved after this tough season. Our punter and kicker will be back as well.

I know Giddings and Bellville always reload and it will be another good run for the championship in D25 but the Leps will be the team to beat.

We shall see.

Pudlugger
11-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
To let you know I have been cheering for the Tigers since I was in 1st grade and even played a little in my day. I am not going to say that our team played with intensity when they didn't. There were some good hits yes, but the intensity I have seen all year wasn't there last night. I am not going to sugar coat it, that is what I saw. I talked to several of the players about it after the game and they felt the same way. Once again, have fun in basketball and I am looking forward to next year. You do realize we are only loosing a few players ourselves, right?

I think this is just disappointment in their team. Funny how the blow back reveals the true feelings of the supporters of a team.:D

lgfandad
11-08-2008, 09:27 PM
LG will be taking district next year and then on for 2 more there will be a state title during that time as well and SEALY will not get past Cuero!! take that to the bank!

blackbroth
11-09-2008, 01:02 AM
First of all, no team wants to enter the playoffs with a loss. There is something called momentum. How can you be flat knowing how important momentum is? Now instead of momentum there might be some doubt. Give the LG coaches and players some credit because LG should have been the team to come out flat, with no chance of advancing and only playing for pride, they came out prepared and hungry for a win. You can say all you want about being flat, but the Sealy kids played hard and kept fighting to the end. The LG offense rolled up close to 450 yards on the night. The Sealy kid threw 2 picks and should have had two more that went right through LG hands. I can not stand when someone gets on here and brags about how Sealy is going to easily beat LG and when they dont, chalk it up to being flat. Some Sealy posters were arrogant to state that Downey would be getting a much deserved rest against LG. He carried the ball a ton, played to the very end and coughed it up a couple of times after getting hit. Sealy is very talented, more talented than LG this year and it is hard to swallow the fact that a less talented team beat you, but they did. When Smithville beat LG this year it was because smithville outplayed us no other excuse. LG does not deserve to be in the playoffs because we could not take care of business when we needed to, but against Sealy, LG showed that they can play with anyone on any given night. No "belly aching" coming from La Grange but a lot of excuse making coming from some posters.

JR2004
11-09-2008, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by lgfandad
LG will be taking district next year and then on for 2 more there will be a state title during that time as well and SEALY will not get past Cuero!! take that to the bank!

Okay I will.

TRENCHES06
11-09-2008, 09:20 AM
That game was for Sealy to win district......why would they NOT play hard and with intensity. That makes NO sense. Give me a break.

OldBison75
11-09-2008, 12:23 PM
LaGrange is a young team that has unlimited potiential. Youth has a way of building emotion that can carry them a long ways. Sealy may have made some mistakes in this game that were self-inflicted, but they did not lie down. LaGrange just plain and simple outplayed them. You saw the future of the LaGrange program in this game and it should put some fear in the other teams in this district. LaGrange will be at or near the top of the district next year. Sealy will have to reload, Bellville will be without NUNN, and Giddings will have to step up to not get passed by the rising talent of the Leopards.

LaGrange showed that you never give up-a lesson that several other teams in the state need to learn. Congratulations to the Leopards and I look forward to you guys having a great year next year. To Sealy, good luck in the playoffs, make your district proud.

957tiger
11-09-2008, 04:27 PM
The Leps will be a high preseason ranked team in 2009 and a favorite to win district 25.

Careful Pudlugger, you remember what happened when Sealy received that high pre-season rating. Everybody and their sister screamed how overated Sealy was and mentioned all the teams that would easily beat them. I myself like the sneak up from behind team, those teams seem to gel just at the right moment.

Pudlugger
11-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
Careful Pudlugger, you remember what happened when Sealy received that high pre-season rating. Everybody and their sister screamed how overated Sealy was and mentioned all the teams that would easily beat them. I myself like the sneak up from behind team, those teams seem to gel just at the right moment.

Good point. Sealy drew a lot of attention this year and it made them the team to beat early on. If Sealy hadn't had the unfortunate distraction during the three weeks leading up to the first district game they surely would have had a better season. Hopefull La Grange will continue to improve as the boys develop and mature. I expect Sealy will roll against Needville and then they will face their biggest challenge in Cuero. Good luck the rest of the way.:)

957tiger
11-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by footballguru
The officiating was by far the worst I have ever witnessed.

I am not sure what the final stats were concerning penalties. I spoke with a member of the officials crew who stated that particular crew had been together over 20 years. That is impressive in this era of rookie officials making bad or no calls. Watching the game I was disappointed in the number of unsportsmanlike calls and drive killing penalties. This is an emotional game played by teenagers and coached by adults. Some penalties are easy to understand in the heat of the battle, others are just bonehead mistakes.

hookandladder
11-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
I am not sure what the final stats were concerning penalties. I spoke with a member of the officials crew who stated that particular crew had been together over 20 years. That is impressive in this era of rookie officials making bad or no calls. Watching the game I was disappointed in the number of unsportsmanlike calls and drive killing penalties. This is an emotional game played by teenagers and coached by adults. Some penalties are easy to understand in the heat of the battle, others are just bonehead mistakes.

I was not at the game Friday night however my son played their Thursday night on the 8th grade game. There were 2 officials for the game, they were both close to 60 yrs.old and also very overweight. The officiating was horrible, half the time after a play the player would lay the ball on the ground and the official would never reset it. I could go on and on but the sad part is the officating ended up costing LA Grange the game. We fought back from being down 22-6 at half time to take the lead 26-22 and then Sealy had 4th down on a opition play the QB pitch was a no doubt forward lateral that the official did not call which resulted in a TD. Having 2 officials call the game is just down right embarassing for the Sealy AD and coaching staff, there were high school coaches watching the game who could have helped out the officials.

duckhunter
11-10-2008, 07:34 PM
in no way will la grange be favored over bellville next year to win the district.

Pudlugger
11-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
in no way will la grange be favored over bellville next year to win the district.

Who will be returning for Bellville? The Leps will return all but WR Bunch on offense and 8 on defense. Their O line will be rock solid and the qb Schneider with several outstanding wrs and rbs will put up some points. Bellville will reload for sure but look out for the Leps.

I_DONT_CARE
11-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I was not at the game Friday night however my son played their Thursday night on the 8th grade game. There were 2 officials for the game, they were both close to 60 yrs.old and also very overweight. The officiating was horrible, half the time after a play the player would lay the ball on the ground and the official would never reset it. I could go on and on but the sad part is the officating ended up costing LA Grange the game. We fought back from being down 22-6 at half time to take the lead 26-22 and then Sealy had 4th down on a opition play the QB pitch was a no doubt forward lateral that the official did not call which resulted in a TD. Having 2 officials call the game is just down right embarassing for the Sealy AD and coaching staff, there were high school coaches watching the game who could have helped out the officials.

Could it be possible that you just got beat by a better team that night.

hookandladder
11-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE

I am sure you would not have any problem playing a football game with only 2 officials. Just stating the Sealy Coaching staff should take more pride in their athletics and out of respect for other schools to allow this to happen. Totally unexceptable, reflect's badly on your school with such a proud tradition. I am sure Eric Dickerson would have been proud of this issue. What a joke.

zebrablue2
11-11-2008, 08:35 PM

Major shortage of officials. You all complain, but yet no one steps up. Reason you don't do games. Want to watch your kids. I understand. Job will not allow you out there. I know what you mean. Not qualified??? Don't know about that one. Once you have the time, step up and do all we do. Then you will understand. Until then, quit complaining, and go and thank those 2-60 year olds that were out there doing the best that they could do.

Thank you sir....

duckhunter
11-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Who will be returning for Bellville? The Leps will return all but WR Bunch on offense and 8 on defense. Their O line will be rock solid and the qb Schneider with several outstanding wrs and rbs will put up some points. Bellville will reload for sure but look out for the Leps. returning two running backs who are averaging around 7 yrds p/carry. returning the qb. numerous defensive players. in my book thats enough to put them on top in pre-district standings of la grange, not to mention bellville's track record compared to la grange in as many years. thats enough in my book to give bellville the nod, and im sure it will be enough for everybody as well, except for maybe a select few located in fayette county

Pudlugger
11-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
returning two running backs who are averaging around 7 yrds p/carry. returning the qb. numerous defensive players. in my book thats enough to put them on top in pre-district standings of la grange, not to mention bellville's track record compared to la grange in as many years. thats enough in my book to give bellville the nod, and im sure it will be enough for everybody as well, except for maybe a select few located in fayette county
Oh I see, that would be the number of state Championships: La Grange 2 Bellville 0. Brahma pooh!
:D

duckhunter
11-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh I see, that would be the number of state Championships: La Grange 2 Bellville 0. Brahma pooh!
:D i know bellville plays in el campo on friday, sealy plays in rosenberg, and giddings plays somewhere in tx, but i didnt see a location or a could find a team scheduled for la grange?

lgfandad
11-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Zebrablue are you the school custodian ? and that is why the officials couldn't call a good game? because the work for Sealy ISD?

buff4ever
11-12-2008, 12:17 AM
why is this thread still going?

No LG will not start at the top of the district. I don't know what sealy has coming back, but giddings and bellville have enough coming back to keep LG off the top spot no matter what Sealy brings.

However, I am sure we will have plenty of time to discuss this NEXT YEAR!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Who will be returning for Bellville?

On defense only 2 are srs?

duckhunter
11-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
why is this thread still going?

No LG will not start at the top of the district. I don't know what sealy has coming back, but giddings and bellville have enough coming back to keep LG off the top spot no matter what Sealy brings.

However, I am sure we will have plenty of time to discuss this NEXT YEAR!! agreed.....moderators please close this thread. it means absolutly nothing

BOCEPHUS
11-12-2008, 09:14 AM
I GOT A BY GAWD PLAN, HAVE THE START AN LA GRANGE 2009 FOOTBALL THREAD, AND JUST KEEP IT GOING TILL THEN:thinking:
WHATCHA'LL THANK???:confused:

AW HECK, AFTER I THUNK BOUT IT A WHILE, NOT GOOD IDEAR AT ALL:smoker: :taunt: :stirpot:

YAP JUST PULL IT

Brutus 1
11-12-2008, 11:08 AM
:clap:
Whatever you think Bo :doh: :doh: :doh:

BOCEPHUS
11-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Brutus 1
:clap:
Whatever you think Bo :doh: :doh: :doh:

WELL U KNOW I BEN A THANK'EN. THOUGHT SOMETH'EN ELSE TOO.............WE DON'T SINK OUR HIPS, RUN THRU THE MAN AND WRAP UP .........THEY'LL BE START'N COMMUNISM ROUND HERE, AND THEY'LL BY GAWD START IT WITHOUT ME:eek:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Brahma pooh!
:D

Not nice to say about a team that beat LG in Football and V-Ball.

STAggie
11-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Just to let everyone know I believe Sealy only has its QB, WR #25, a CB, an OLB who hasn't played since the Columbus game due to injury and a few other players who don't start or split time graduating. Sealy will be back next year and have a ton of leadership with many of the seniors having played a lot this year and some a lot since sophmore year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by lgfandad
LG will be taking district next take that to the bank!

Somthing like that was said before this years district started?

KL3
11-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Bellville will be returning 8 or 9 from an already dominant defense this year. Not sure about offense, maybe like 5 or 6. Everyone knows they will lose Nunn, but they will return 2 RB's in Runnels and Houston who are averaging over 7 ypc this year and their QB. Those two backs are probably better than anyone in this district coming back except for Downey and the Giddings kid. I would be very surprised to see LG picked ahead of Bellville.

TRENCHES06
11-12-2008, 01:48 PM
My opinion is that it will be a 4 team race with Columbus and Smithville looking on from the outside. Any slipups like LG vs Smithville, Bellville vs. Sealy, or Sealy vs. LG could be the difference in next years race.

Bull's-eye
11-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Bellville will be returning 8 or 9 from an already dominant defense this year.

There are several non-starters that have played intensively and are being groomed to be next year's starters. Bellville does lose a DE & CB, but #45 & #2 have played quite well and even started a few games. They'll miss Tallerine & "Hackbar", but I believe their defense will be even better than this year.

Pudlugger
11-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Well that sure got things stirred up!:D

D25 will be very competitive again next year. Everyone will have to work hard in the off season in Leopard land to achieve their goals. One thing I noticed this season was how well the Bellville team improved over their 2007 season. They were very young much like the Leps were this year and they have impressed everyone with how well they played this season. It is true what coaches tell these young men that the off season work is what produces championships. I'm sure that is one reason programs like Bellville, Giddings and Sealy have so much success from year to year.

It so happens that the Leps are now in an enviable position in returning so many players with great potential. But that is what it is, potential. Hopefully, they will take this lesson of no invitation to the big party and work hard to get back on top. Yes, it would seem that Bellville has the upper hand again judging from all the positives mentioned on this thread.

I agree, it is time to retire this thread. The season is over for us. Now we will cheer on our fellow district 25 teams in the playoffs and hope they bring home a trophy or two.

duckhunter
11-12-2008, 03:49 PM
who cares about next year? last time i checked on my tx parks and wildlife calender its still 2008