PDA

View Full Version : Kemp AND Eustace make the play-offs

Txbroadcaster
11-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Two East Texas 3A Doormats both got into the play-offs

Last time Eustace was any good..A certian coach named Chad Morris was the Head Coach

icu812
11-08-2008, 12:55 AM
I thought Kemp or Eustace had no chance of making the playoffs before district started. I thought Van, Canton and either Wills Point or Mineola would be the playoff teams. Happy for both of them. And...............

Great job Van pounding Eustace 41-0 to win district in the last game to be played at Van Memorial Stadium!!

JR2004
11-08-2008, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by icu812
Great job Van pounding Eustace 41-0 to win district in the last game to be played at Van Memorial Stadium!!

You really should post on here more about your Vandals. Believe it or not, there are folks here who are interested in more than the small handful of teams that are talked about the most. I would imagine there are several other folks who would like to hear more about teams like Van.

charlesrixey
11-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
You really should post on here more about your Vandals. Believe it or not, there are folks here who are interested in more than the small handful of teams that are talked about the most. I would imagine there are several other folks who would like to hear more about teams like Van.

i agree

they must be the most quiet 9-1 team in 3A

they didn't play any of the big name teams, but they have done well--it's a shame calhoun never got a chance to play in the post-season

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I would imagine there are several other folks who would like to hear more about teams like Van.
:2thumbsup Agreed!

icu812
11-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i agree

they must be the most quiet 9-1 team in 3A

they didn't play any of the big name teams, but they have done well--it's a shame calhoun never got a chance to play in the post-season

Calhoun only played in 1 playoff game, his freshman year. A shame he isn't playing with this years squad. Yes we quietly have had a good year. We are playing well as a team and the coaching staff has done a good job. We run and pass pretty well out of multiple formations and no huddle spread. Our strength appears to be on defense. We're real quick and tackle well. We really don't have a D1 type kid on the team. Just some good scrappy high school football players. We had 3 senior players probably good enough to play college ball. 2 of them were lost before the season even started. 1 knee & 1 to off the field problems (Calhouns little brother). The coaches son is a studd wr & safety and we lost him too (he just place kicks now - acl) Somehow the team has risen to the challenge.