CelinaCatFan
11-07-2008, 10:55 PM
When I left, it was:

Celina 35
Argyle 7

10:30 left in 4th

OldNavy
11-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Celina 35 Argyle13 with 1:05 left in the gane. Argyle has 4th and 11 from their own 18. Celina ball from their own 40. Celina takes a knee to end the game.

CHS_89
11-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Argyle has a great QB and the receiver #24 is a good player. #7 on offense is also a good player. They also had a quick running back. I think they will do OK in the playoffs. Congrats Celina and Argyle for making it to the post season.

BTW, the Argyle band was awesome!!! Thanks for the halftime entertainment and congrats on the state championship.

gatordaze
11-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Argyle has a great QB and the receiver #24 is a good player. #7 on offense is also a good player. They also had a quick running back. I think they will do OK in the playoffs. Congrats Celina and Argyle for making it to the post season.

BTW, the Argyle band was awesome!!! Thanks for the halftime entertainment and congrats on the state championship.

QB had a rough night. 3-4 ints 1 was a pick 6

bobcat1
11-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Nice win for Celina. Quarterback had an awesome game. Nice patterns and crisp passes. Great defense tonight by the Bobcats. Lot's of offense tonight. Great gameplan. Good Job Celina!

Argyle has a beast on defense in #15. He is a man-child. Their running back has some great feet and pretty good vision. He is really quick. They will go a couple of rounds deep I bet. Nice game Eagles.

CHS_89
11-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
QB had a rough night. 3-4 ints 1 was a pick 6

You're right Gator, but I saw him make some great throws. The Bobcat secondary did well against the Argyle passing game. BTW, saw your tall son wandering around at the game. Good gosh, you need to put a brick on his head to stop the growing, lol. I look forward to watching both of your boys in the coming years.

Keith7
11-08-2008, 01:28 AM
argyles qb is only a sophomore..

eagles26
11-08-2008, 01:32 AM
So Celina gets VA and Argyle with Paris?

Good Luck to both Argyle and Celina in the Playoffs!!

eaglefan34
11-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Hat's off to Celina, their passing game was exceptional last night and Jose Romero catches anything that gets within 5 yards of him it seems. With that kind of passing attack and the running backs Celina has, it should be another long playoff run.

I would be worried about the uncharacteristic penalties though which in a closer game could have caused problems. 3 personal fouls for late hits plus an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty could not have made Coach Ford very happy.

Good luck to Celina - they look like they are peaking at the right time.

gatordaze
11-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by eaglefan34
Hat's off to Celina, their passing game was exceptional last night and Jose Romero catches anything that gets within 5 yards of him it seems. With that kind of passing attack and the running backs Celina has, it should be another long playoff run.

I would be worried about the uncharacteristic penalties though which in a closer game could have caused problems. 3 personal fouls for late hits plus an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty could not have made Coach Ford very happy.

Good luck to Celina - they look like they are peaking at the right time.

No doubt on the penalties! I think there were at least 200 yrds worth. Coach Ford rides the refs pretty hard, they may have had enough cause they flagged everything. It is all part of the game so no excuses.

ssgmp5150
11-08-2008, 11:57 AM
I know I have given Celina a lot of grief this year, so I am here to eat my crow this week! Congrats to Celina and good luck next week. I think you guys outta win, but I think it will be a close one against a pretty salty VA team!

BILLYFRED0000
11-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I know I have given Celina a lot of grief this year, so I am here to eat my crow this week! Congrats to Celina and good luck next week. I think you guys outta win, but I think it will be a close one against a pretty salty VA team!

I think Argyle is better than van alstyne.
I like va but their D is no where near as good as Argyle and their O is not quite as good. I look for a similar game and score against VA. Argyle was not bad at all. Their D line was really quite good. They made us adjust all night long to their rush
and did not give ground easily.

charlesrixey
11-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I think Argyle is better than van alstyne.
I like va but their D is no where near as good as Argyle and their O is not quite as good. I look for a similar game and score against VA. Argyle was not bad at all. Their D line was really quite good. They made us adjust all night long to their rush
and did not give ground easily.

VA is not Argyle, for sure

Argyle is probably good enough to make a run at playing us again, they are one of the 6 or 7 best teams in the r2d2

the big surprise for me was worrell's great game at QB--i hope that is a sign that he is starting to find his fit in the offense-a solid passing game is what we have been lacking for much of the year, but it seems like the light maybe turning on:2thumbsup

gatordaze
11-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

Argyle is probably good enough to make a run at playing us again, they are one of the 6 or 7 best teams in the r2d2

the big surprise for me was worrell's great game at QB--i hope that is a sign that he is starting to find his fit in the offense-a solid passing game is what we have been lacking for much of the year, but it seems like the light maybe turning on:2thumbsup

When he can throw on the run and off of his front foot is very good. The biggest difference is Bidleman is back, Roos has some experience, and Ruiz is getting comfortable at guard. Good Oline equals good Cody!

Mike Cluskey
11-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Good to see Cody Worrell is starting to play to the potential he has. I saw him pre season first week of 2 a days and he was every inch the QB then that he is turning out to be.

Our youth team Head Coach (we don't have football in schools here in England, we have youth teams that are funded by subs and contributions) travelled over to TX and was at the game with his girlfriend - I called him today to see how it went and he said Celina were pretty awesome.

We are following them closely over here in Leeds and hope they can make it all the way.

Good luck to all teams in the playoffs (unless they are playing the Bobcats), see you real soon I hope.

Mike

Fletch
11-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

Correct. He made some good throws.

But give the receivers credit also. They made some great catches on 3rd or 4th and long.

orange machine
11-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Ill give credit to the recievers, but the difference is Cody was putting the ball where either our recievers caught the ball or it was incomplete. He did give the defesne a chance at the picks. Good job Cody Worrell.

BobcatBenny
11-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Hey, I still have half a cup of this orange Kool-Aid. Why not have a sip?

It is really cool looking at the world of 3A football thru orange colored glasses. :D

orange machine
11-09-2008, 11:38 PM
in my post before Benny i meant to say he did not give the defense a chance to pick the ball off.

OldNavy
11-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Mike Cluskey

Good luck to all teams in the playoffs (unless they are playing the Bobcats), see you real soon I hope.

Mike

I guess that would be the internationally famous Bobcats!