bwdlionfan
11-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Tied at 21, late 2nd quarter, Snyder about to kickoff

BwdLion73
11-07-2008, 10:25 PM
35 / 28 Brownwood third quarter

BwdLion73
11-07-2008, 10:36 PM
35 / 35 .. 4 minutes in the third, Snyder squib kick hits a Brownwood player in the back who is going back to block...Snyders ball. Snyder at the one.
Touchdown Snyder

42 / 35 Snyder.

44INAROW
11-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
35 / 35 .. 4 minutes in the third, Snyder squib kick hits a Brownwood player in the back who is going back to block...Snyders ball. Snyder at the one.
Touchdown Snyder

42 / 35 Snyder.

wow - sounds like a great game......... living up to the hype for sure....;)

ccmom
11-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Still same? Graham leading Breck 21-7 btw

Pmoney
11-07-2008, 10:56 PM
any updates?

BwdLion73
11-07-2008, 10:57 PM
It's like groundhog day every Friday night....Brownwood down 49 -- 42 two turnovers in the second half ...so far.
8 minutes to go

Pmoney
11-07-2008, 11:00 PM
man i wish i could have watched this game, it sounds like one heck of a game

BwdLion73
11-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Brownwood gets the ball back on a semi onside kick...driving downfield.
Brownwood to the Snyder 2-- third and goal.

Touchdown Brownwood tied at 49 --49

Pmoney
11-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Brownwood gets the ball back on a semi onside kick...driving downfield.
Brownwood to the Snyder 2-- third and goal.

Touchdown Brownwood tied at 49 --49
how much time is left?

BwdLion73
11-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Snyder with the ball 6 minutes 19 sec.

Pmoney
11-07-2008, 11:07 PM
o alright there is still a lot of ball left to play...thanks for the updates

grmfan93
11-07-2008, 11:12 PM
lets go Bwood!!!!

Pmoney
11-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by grmfan93
lets go Bwood!!!!
BOO!!!:D

BwdLion73
11-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Snyder is trying to milk the clock ....less than 3 minutes left... on the Brownwood 13.

BwdLion73
11-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Snyder has taken a knee at the 1 twice trying to run out the clock....now scores with 30 seconds left

TigerPride
Snyder has taken a knee at the 1 twice trying to run out the clock....now scores with 30 seconds left

great coaching.....

BwdLion73
56.........49 Snyder with 30 seconds left.

Pmoney
11-07-2008, 11:20 PM
wow, i love the call because it shows he has confidence in his offense

grmfan93
11-07-2008, 11:20 PM
anything happening?

BwdLion73
11-07-2008, 11:21 PM
That was good coaching....as long as you don't fumble 22 seconds ...no time outs from the Brownwood 30

BwdLion73
11-07-2008, 11:25 PM
One play left 4 seconds. casey sacked snyder wins 56 49

grmfan93
11-07-2008, 11:26 PM
galee...oh well we ended on a good note...

Pmoney
11-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Wow what a game to end the first year of the crazy district 2....congrats to the tigers on making the playoffs...and congrats to the lions on a great season

BwdLion73
11-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Brownwood did a fake spike and threw it to the Snyder 20 but it fooled the ref who stopped the playon an inadvertant whistle. Lost about 8 seconds on that play. Good game Snyder and good luck. Sorry Graham.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Brownwood did a fake spike and threw it to the Snyder 20 but it fooled the ref who stopped the playon an inadvertant whistle. Lost about 8 seconds on that play. Good game Snyder and good luck. Sorry Graham.

Yes, bad call by the ref.....but the receiver that caught the ball was tackled in bounds and the game would/should have been over any way.

Great game. It was pretty much every thing I thought it would be. Lots of scoring, and like everyone else said, if Brownwood had a decent defense they would have been hard to beat. Great game Tigers.....good hard nosed running. Now- lets make some noise in the playoffs!

Who-dun-it!!?
11-07-2008, 11:47 PM
That Pahall kid is absolutely the best QB in this district. Very Impressive! Of corse thats my opinion only, But I didn't see one better than him in this district. Great Game!

Careful going home Bwood Fans!
Your team was awsome tonight!

GetRDoneStangs
11-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Hey Who-Dun-It

I caught the last part of this game on the way home........Snyfer had nearly 500 yards rushing.......was I prety close in what I told you last week????

skins4life
11-07-2008, 11:58 PM
So, did HS bring the guys in strips with him this time????

Who-dun-it!!?
11-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Hey Who-Dun-It

I caught the last part of this game on the way home........Snyfer had nearly 500 yards rushing.......was I prety close in what I told you last week????

yessir:thumbsup:

Looks like the old district is back!!

GetRDoneStangs
11-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by skins4life
So, did HS bring the guys in strips with him this time????

It wasn't too bad as far as that goes...maybe a couple. A fumble and 1 big pass decided this game.

skins4life
11-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Congrates on a good season! May be we'll see ya'll done the road!!!

DaHop72
11-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Wow, what a game. Congrats to the Lions, what an offense, with the youth on the team the future is bright.

Congrats to the Tigers on a hard fought game.

ccmom
11-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Congrats, Snyder! Good luck representing this great district!:clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
11-08-2008, 12:22 AM
My god...BW loses another???

BwdLion73
11-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Well....It's time to say it.

Congrats. To Wylie, Sweetwater and Snyder. Good luck and I'll be pulling for yall as the playoffs start (but I'll still have to wear my maroon shirt to the games) ;)

I heard tonight that Brownwood was the leading offensive team in 3A (Dallas Huston show) so Texas better get ready for the playoff teams from district 2-3a! Nothing like saying "we have the best offense in the state"....Oh and by the way we lucked out and won 1 district game.

Thanks for welcome home to 3A :eek:

ccmom
11-08-2008, 12:42 AM

Congrats. To Wylie, Sweetwater and Snyder. Good luck and I'll be pulling for yall as the playoffs start (but I'll still have to wear my maroon shirt to the games) ;)

I heard tonight that Brownwood was the leading offensive team in 3A (Dallas Huston show) so Texas better get ready for the playoff teams from district 2-3a! Nothing like saying "we have the best offense in the state"....Oh and by the way we lucked out and won 1 district game.

Thanks for welcome home to 3A :eek:

Classy post!:thumbsup:

skins4life
11-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Classy post!:thumbsup:

I agree!!!

Looking4number8
11-08-2008, 03:10 AM

I will be right there with you proudly wearing my Maroon and cheering these guy from 2-3a all the way into December.

Good Luck Wylie, Sweetwater and Snyder... and since it is 2 AM and I just got home... good night to all,,,:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Gobbla2001
11-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I still cannot find my cammo Brownwood hat I bought at the Gordon Wood Classic thingy a few years back... I'd sport it today in mourning...

Good season Bwood...

OldBison75
11-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Congatulations to Snyder on the win and the playoffs. To the Brownwood posters, you guys have nothing to be ashamed of, a great offense, in one of the toughest districts oin the state. 3A is loaded this year and the drop down only proves that many 3A teams would be very competitive in 4A.

You guys have supported you team with class and had alot of fun on this board and we appreciate the entertainment you have given us. Don't go silent now, we look forward to your thoughts about the playoffs. Hope to see some of you down the line at M & G functions at playoff games.

The Lions will be back in the Playoffs--SOON--You vcan't keep that lind of tradition down for long.

Black_Magic
11-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Good Job to the Tigers. hard fought game on both sides. I have never seen a game like this. one where its Tied with 6:32 to play and Snyder drives the ball 82 yards consuming 5:58 and even Kneels the ball on the one with about 50 seconds left on 2nd and Goal from the 3 yard line. Brownwood actually backed away and would have let Snyder score on that play but the QB kneeled the ball to milk the clock more. Crazy kind of game. Snyder scored on 3rd and 1 with about 30 seconds left to play. Snyder never punted and brownwood did, turned out to be the difference. Brownwood has the best Offence Snyder has faced since the 2004 Gilmer state championship team IMO.

tigerchick_2013
11-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Good Job to the Tigers. hard fought game on both sides. I have never seen a game like this. one where its Tied with 6:32 to play and Snyder drives the ball 82 yards consuming 5:58 and even Kneels the ball on the one with about 50 seconds left on 2nd and Goal from the 3 yard line. Brownwood actually backed away and would have let Snyder score on that play but the QB kneeled the ball to milk the clock more. Crazy kind of game. Snyder scored on 3rd and 1 with about 30 seconds left to play. Snyder never punted and brownwood did, turned out to be the difference. Brownwood has the best Offence Snyder has faced since the 2004 Gilmer state championship team IMO.

That was a good game BM but you really can't be serious to say Brownwood has the best offense we have faced since Gilmer, are you forgetting last year with Celina???? I haven't and I think many will agree that Brownwood even though they were impressive is no 2007 Celina, JMO.;)

STANG RED
11-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

That kneeling on the ball was a mighty chancy move, especially with your playoffs hopes riding in the balance. One of those moves that only looks smart when it works. But I guess against that Bwood defense, odds were that it had a lot better chance of working than not. Still took a lot of guts to make that call.
Congrats on the win. Hope we see yall in the quarters.

DaHop72
11-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by tigerchick_2013
That was a good game BM but you really can't be serious to say Brownwood has the best offense we have faced since Gilmer, are you forgetting last year with Celina???? I haven't and I think many will agree that Brownwood even though they were impressive is no 2007 Celina, JMO.;) Dang tigerchick, as much as I hate to, I've got to go with Black Magic on this one.http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1501/muahahasi1.gif
We were able to slow down Celina some and without the two early turnovers might have been able to have kept it much closer. Brownwood averaged 39 points a game during the year and 43 points in district against some pretty good defenses, I just don't think the Celina team from last year could have put up those numbers. But that's just my opinion and with that and $1.40 you can get a diet Coke at McD's. :kiss: :kiss:

DaHop72
11-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
That kneeling on the ball was a mighty chancy move, especially with your playoffs hopes riding in the balance. One of those moves that only looks smart when it works. But I guess against that Bwood defense, odds were that it had a lot better chance of working than not. Still took a lot of guts to make that call.
Congrats on the win. Hope we see yall in the quarters. When the defense backs off 2 yards deep into the end zone and lets you spot the ball where you want it, it takes quiet a bit off risk out of it. Jesse actually walked to the one inch line before he took the knee the second time.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Dang tigerchick, as much as I hate to, I've got to go with Black Magic on this one.

WOW!! I agreed with him once myself this year!! What is this board coming too!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

:p

tigerchick_2013
Dang tigerchick, as much as I hate to, I've got to go with Black Magic on this one.http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1501/muahahasi1.gif
We were able to slow down Celina some and without the two early turnovers might have been able to have kept it much closer. Brownwood averaged 39 points a game during the year and 43 points in district against some pretty good defenses, I just don't think the Celina team from last year could have put up those numbers. But that's just my opinion and with that and $1.40 you can get a diet Coke at McD's. :kiss: :kiss:

That's quite all right DaHop, like I said JMO. I still think Celina overall was a much better team than Brownwood, sure we had those two turnovers early in the game, but as the saying goes "woulda, coulda, shoulda".:D

And I like my Coke straight up.;)

GO TIGERS beat Cooper!!!!

STANG RED
When the defense backs off 2 yards deep into the end zone and lets you spot the ball where you want it, it takes quiet a bit off risk out of it. Jesse actually walked to the one inch line before he took the knee the second time.

Oh I see.:thinking: And I'm guessing Bwood must have been out of timeouts also. LOL, I love a good little chess match at the end of a game like that. :thumbsup:

STANG RED
11-10-2008, 10:08 AM
That's quite all right DaHop, like I said JMO. I still think Celina overall was a much better team than Brownwood, sure we had those two turnovers early in the game, but as the saying goes "woulda, coulda, shoulda".:D

He never said Bwood was a better team than Celina. Only that they had a better offense. Good team includes a good defense, which Bwood certainly did not have.

DaHop72
11-10-2008, 10:13 AM

GO TIGERS beat Cooper!!!! Overall I agree that Celina was a better team than Brownwood without a doubt. Don't forget on your saying "woulda, coulda, shoulda, did". :D :D And they did.

DaHop72
11-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Oh I see.:thinking: And I'm guessing Bwood must have been out of timeouts also. LOL, I love a good little chess match at the end of a game like that. :thumbsup: You're right Stang Red, that had used all of their timeouts and were looking to get the ball back with over a minute left and a chance to go down and tie the game and send it into overtime.

Rocket
11-10-2008, 10:17 AM
That was a good game BM but you really can't be serious to say Brownwood has the best offense we have faced since Gilmer, are you forgetting last year with Celina???? I haven't and I think many will agree that Brownwood even though they were impressive is no 2007 Celina, JMO.;)

I think BM's opinion, in this case, holds a lot of water, JMO.

Good job Snyder on a good win and making the playoffs. I think our district should represent well in the playoffs. Hopefully bring home a State Championship (or 2) as well.

I am not so sure that this is a 3A vs. 4A issue with Brownwood this season. Brownwood had exactly what I knew we had coming into the season, a Top 3, if not the Top, Offense. I do believe losing Vacarro totally sucked the life out of our defense and ended up being the strike on the heel we couldn't recover from. Most of the youth on our team plays on the defensive side of the ball, and losing the attitude and athleticism of Vacarro just zapped it all. All we needed was a decent defense and I truly believe we would have been state bound in Divison 2. I took for granted that the defense would continually improve, and this for whatever reason, did not happen. But the cliche, "it is what it is" fits here. Brownwood will be back soon, very soon.

tigerchick_2013
11-10-2008, 10:25 AM
He never said Bwood was a better team than Celina. Only that they had a better offense. Good team includes a good defense, which Bwood certainly did not have.

No sh!# sherlock, j/k, I know that, offense wins games defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS, duh:D

STANG RED
11-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
I think BM's opinion, in this case, holds a lot of water, JMO.

Good job Snyder on a good win and making the playoffs. I think our district should represent well in the playoffs. Hopefully bring home a State Championship (or 2) as well.

I am not so sure that this is a 3A vs. 4A issue with Brownwood this season. Brownwood had exactly what I knew we had coming into the season, a Top 3, if not the Top, Offense. I do believe losing Vacarro totally sucked the life out of our defense and ended up being the strike on the heel we couldn't recover from. Most of the youth on our team plays on the defensive side of the ball, and losing the attitude and athleticism of Vacarro just zapped it all. All we needed was a decent defense and I truly believe we would have been state bound in Divison 2. I took for granted that the defense would continually improve, and this for whatever reason, did not happen. But the cliche, "it is what it is" fits here. Brownwood will be back soon, very soon.

:ditto: You couldnt have hit the nail more squarely on the head Rocket. Good post!

Heres my problem. Why didnt they move a few people off the offense to shore up the defense at some point. Sure it may have taken away from the offense some, but I'd bet it would have still been a very good offense that would have made the playoffs. All you really needed was 1 or 2 stops that didnt happen in most of your games. Of course I realize hind site is always 20/20. But I was wondering about this 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Rocket
11-10-2008, 11:56 AM
:ditto: You couldnt have hit the nail more squarely on the head Rocket. Good post!

Heres my problem. Why didnt they move a few people off the offense to shore up the defense at some point. Sure it may have taken away from the offense some, but I'd bet it would have still been a very good offense that would have made the playoffs. All you really needed was 1 or 2 stops that didnt happen in most of your games. Of course I realize hind site is always 20/20. But I was wondering about this 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Good question, and the only people that can answer that are not here to do it. All speculation unless it comes straight from the horse's mouth.

Daddy D 11
11-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Good question, and the only people that can answer that are not here to do it. All speculation unless it comes straight from the horse's mouth.

How have you been Rocket?