PDA

View Full Version : Llano / Liberty Hill updates

ziggy29
11-07-2008, 09:21 PM
At halftime, Liberty Hill 7, Llano 3. Yes, that's correct -- 7-3...

Jackets have forced a turnover and held on downs deep in the red zone. Both defenses have performed better than I expected, and maybe that's because they're both used to defending the Slot-T in practice, I don't know.

But hold on to your hats.

ziggy29
11-07-2008, 10:18 PM
End of the 3rd -- LH 21, Llano 10.

The game is coming down to a handful of big plays on offense -- other than big plays on both sides leading to scores, both defenses have been rock solid.

The Jackets missed a golden opportunity on a muffed punt at the end of the 3rd quarter -- the LH returner muffed it near his own 20, and it looked like the Jackets would recover but the ball squirted away and LH recovered.

ziggy29
11-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Final -- LH 28, Llano 17.

Both defenses were outstanding -- the difference was that the Panthers gave up fewer big plays.

Footballhudini
11-07-2008, 10:54 PM
...is llano that good?

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
...is llano that good?
They're pretty solid! I said earlier in the week that they would be dangerous. Hats off to the Jackets for a hard fought game.

And good grief! Whatever you put in the water to get boys that size, you need to share! :eek: :eek:

ProudHornetMom
11-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Once again, congratulations Panthers!:clap: :clap: :clap:

banderafan
11-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
They're pretty solid! I said earlier in the week that they would be dangerous. Hats off to the Jackets for a hard fought game.

And good grief! Whatever you put in the water to get boys that size, you need to share! :eek: :eek:

Congrats to Liberty Hill. I know what you mean about the size of those Llano boys! Both Llano and LaVernia are big and fast.

44INAROW
11-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by banderafan
Congrats to Liberty Hill. I know what you mean about the size of those Llano boys! Both Llano and LaVernia are big and fast.

amen, I agree - heard the term "big ole corn-fed boys" more than once..........;)

and Congrats to the Panthers on another undefeated regular season...... :clap: :clap:

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2008, 01:24 AM
Way to go Panthers!:clap: