PDA

View Full Version : Everman Athletic Banquet:

bulldog65
02-03-2003, 03:05 PM
A great success last week as the Everman Football team celebrated winning their second State Championship to a standing room only crowd. The only thing that could have made it better was if Corey Fullbright could have been there to celebrate with us. Well, guess what? This remarkable young man showed up and was mobbed by his fans and teamates! It was very emotional, and to see Corey surrounded by his team was great! The wonderful community of Burnet was represented by their Mayor, and various city and school dignitarys, I wish I could name them all, but I met too many people that night. After speaking to the crowd, and Corey and his family, they presented a check for $100,000.00!!! The community of Burnet and the surrounding area should be commended for their outstanding donation!!! Again, Thank you very much.

<small>[ February 05, 2003, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: bulldog65 ]</small>

rholl
02-03-2003, 03:43 PM
WOW....and Bulldog65 comes through with my pick for "Post of the Day"!!! Excellent news and dynamite story about Burnet people!!! Thanks for the account!

Bellville22
02-03-2003, 04:22 PM
That's good stuff.

Old Cardinal
02-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Wonderful story! I should be in the Reader's Digest or told from the Pulpits. Thanks Burnet fans, we all appreciate you!

greendog fan
02-04-2003, 05:48 PM
bulldog65:
A great success last week as the Everman Football team celebrated winning their second State Championship to a standing room only crowd. The only thing that could have made it better was if Corey Fullbright could have been there to celebrate with us. Well, guess what? This remarkable young man showed up and was mobbed by his fans and teamates! It was very emotional, and to see Corey surrounded by his team was great! The wonderful community of Burnet was represented by their Mayor, and various city and school dignitarys, I wish I could name them all, but I met too many people that night. After speaking to the crowd, and Corey and his family, they presented a check for $100,000.00!!! The community of Burnet and the surrounding area should be commended for their outstanding donation!!! Again, Thank you very much. http://www.geocities.com/t0ol301u/corey1.bmpFrom the Burnet area, we also sould be thanking the people of Everman. Ya,ll are a class act. I had the honor of meeting alot of your people when we had the fund raiser for Corey in Burnet. Alot of great people from Everman was here. Got to talk to your asst. coach, and come to find out he use to be my neighbor in Spur when he was a small child. Some from Everman video the event in Burnet. Would like to find out who it was and I would like a copy of the vedio.

mwynn05
02-04-2003, 06:50 PM
that is GREAT how is corey fulbright doing i seen tha thing on channel 8 a couple weeks ago any updates?

bulldog65
02-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Corey is doing great! He has limited movement in his right arm, he can lift his left wrist about 4 inches, and has shown improvement. Today was his first time in the pool, for water therapy. His attitude is sky high, and he has a constant smile on his face. This kid is truely amazing. At the banquet, he drove his motorized wheelchair in and manuvered it quite well. His support staff is incredible. So many teamates showed up to watch the Super Bowl with him, they had to be moved to the Rec room. The Everman Coaching staff visit him daily in shifts, "Doc" (Clayton Marshall), the Everman Athletic Trainer has spent all of his heart and energy in caring for Corey. Not to mention his family, and the wonderful staff at Baylor Hospital. My son said "we go to support him, and he ends up supporting us". Corey has a strong faith, and God willing he will be able to live a productive life.

<small>[ February 04, 2003, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: bulldog65 ]</small>

Chris Hart
02-04-2003, 10:29 PM
I agree 65, Corey is an amazing kid, and that is some wonderful news! :)