Van
New Boston
Pleasant Grove
Gilmer
Chapel Hill
LaVega
Bellville
LaVernia

What are the chances that this final week will result in a loss for any of these teams and which one loss teams are the biggest threat to advance out of their region in the playoffs?

I think Sweetwater has the toughest game this week and could easily lose to Wtylie. The rest look to be in a good situation to continue on with another win.

I think Sweetwater , Burkburnett, Gilmer, and LaVega could all go a long ways in the playoffs. Bellville and LaVernia will compete well and could make the Quarterfinals with a little luck.

NastySlot
11-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
There are currently 7 undefeated teams:
Bridgeport
China Springs
Cleveland
Liberty Hill
Navasota
Sinton
West Orange Stark

12 1-loss Teams

Sweetwater
Monahans
Burkburnett
Prosper
Van
New Boston
Pleasant Grove
Gilmer
Chapel Hill
LaVega
Bellville
LaVernia

What are the chances that this final week will result in a loss for any of these teams and which one loss teams are the biggest threat to advance out of their region in the playoffs?

I think Sweetwater has the toughest game this week and could easily lose to Wtylie. The rest look to be in a good situation to continue on with another win.

I think Sweetwater , Burkburnett, Gilmer, and LaVega could all go a long ways in the playoffs. Bellville and LaVernia will compete well and could make the Quarterfinals with a little luck.

I thought I read some where Cleveland lost to Coldsprings??????/

headhunter
11-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Cuero (7-1) should be the favorite out of region IV in Division 1, and ask the natives in Cuero they will tell you they BETTER BE IN THE SEMIFINALS. Many people believe they better WIN IT ALL.

They should beat edna tonight and finish the regular season at 8 -1

44INAROW
11-07-2008, 11:34 AM
:nerd: :nerd: we'll see what this list looks like in 2 weeks........:eek:

Pick6
11-07-2008, 11:44 AM

I think Burkburnett could go a long ways in the playoffs.

Lose in the 2nd round.

OldBison75
11-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Well. I had a big brain fart, Cuero was left off my list for some reason and they are definitely a threat to go a long ways.

As for Cleveland, they beat Coldspring to remain undefeated.

lostaussie
11-07-2008, 11:58 AM

I think Sweetwater , Burkburnett, Gilmer, and LaVega could all go a long ways in the playoffs. Gilmer or La Vega both won't. If I'm not mistaken that is a potential 2nd round match up.

OldBison75
11-07-2008, 12:06 PM
yeah, my point was that they will play and eliminate one, but either could go along way if they win that match.

Pick6
11-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Gilmer or La Vega both won't. If I'm not mistaken that is a potential 2nd round match up.

I think that Burk has a potential 2nd round match up with China Spring.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Navasota versus Waco La Vega in the 3rd Round. This game will more than likely be played at Bryan High.

waterboy
11-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Navasota versus Waco La Vega in the 3rd Round. This game will more than likely be played at Bryan High.
Don't see that matchup happening this year. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.:D

lostaussie
11-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Navasota versus Waco La Vega in the 3rd Round. This game will more than likely be played at Bryan High. I'm glad you already got your destination figured out!!!!!!

44INAROW
11-07-2008, 02:23 PM

wow - now that's confidence :p

lostaussie
11-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
wow - now that's confidence :p nope...........that's wishful thinking:doh:

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm glad you already got your destination figured out!!!!!!

In the past, Navasota and La Vega have played at Bryan High for playoff games. Not too many stadiums between Navasota and Waco besides A&M Consolidated, Bryan High, and Kyle Field. And trust me, Im not looking past any teams. Silsbee, who will likely be Navasota's second round opponent, Navasota has a bye in the first round, will be tough. If both teams keep winning, this will be the 3rd round matchup.

waterboy
11-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Isn't Navasota going D1, and LaVega D2? If that's the case, they can't play each other in the playoffs. Not sure if LaVega can get that far anyway considering who they'd have to beat to get there.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2008, 03:30 PM
nope...........that's wishful thinking:doh:

Not wishful thinking, sir, it is an almost sure possibility. Navasota has a bye in the first round and will likely play a stuggling .500 Silsbee team or a below average Huffman/Splendora team. Yes, I have confident in my Rattlers just as Gilmer people have in their Buckeyes predicting a Gilmer/WOS matchup.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Isn't Navasota going D1, and LaVega D2? If that's the case, they can't play each other in the playoffs. Not sure if LaVega can get that far anyway considering who they'd have to beat to get there.

La Vega will likely go D1 considering the two largest schools, Connally and Robinson. are 0-4 and 1-3 in district play.

waterboy
11-07-2008, 03:35 PM
La Vega will likely go D1 considering the two largest schools, Connally and Robinson. are 0-4 and 1-3 in district play.
Oh, OK. For some reason I was thinking they were going D2. I guess that matchup is possible, but both teams have to take care of business to make it happen.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Oh, OK. For some reason I was thinking they were going D2. I guess that matchup is possible, but both teams have to take care of business to make it happen.

True. I just hope that the Rattlers don't get the big head syndrome. Other than that, Im excited man. Good luck to Gilmer! Im sure glad they will be in D2! This will probably be the most exciting playoff race, especially in D2, in some time.

waterboy
11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
True. I just hope that the Rattlers don't get the big head syndrome. Other than that, Im excited man. Good luck to Gilmer! Im sure glad they will be in D2! This will probably be the most exciting playoff race, especially in D2, in some time.
Yeah, Region 3 looks stacked! It should make for some awesome matchups. Not absolutely sure who will be in the semis when the dust clears, but whoever it is will be either battle-tested, or beat up, or both. I know last year Gilmer was pretty beaten up by the time they played Liberty Hill in the title game. Not sure it woulda made alot of difference in that one though.

trojan37
11-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Who will West get in rd. 2 after we shock the world and upset Liberty Hill next week? HEHEHE:devil:

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Who will West get in rd. 2 after we shock the world and upset Liberty Hill next week? HEHEHE:devil:
Looks like whoever comes out of district 5. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dieselsmoke
11-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Out of the Piney Woods Carthage will be one of the teams besides Gilmer that will make a deep run in the playoffs . They are playing good enough to take it all this year, you don't want any.

Buckeye80
11-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Dieselsmoke
Out of the Piney Woods Carthage will be one of the teams besides Gilmer that will make a deep run in the playoffs . They are playing good enough to take it all this year, you don't want any.

We would like some!:D

That would be the Region III Final!

Rabid Cougar
11-08-2008, 12:10 PM
LaVega Might rest their starters in the first two rounds to save them up for the game against Navasota

bp80884
11-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by trojan37

This might be my favorite posting of all time!! Good luck West, Liberty Hill is a "pretty good" team.

griff
11-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Not wishful thinking, sir, it is an almost sure possibility. Navasota has a bye in the first round and will likely play a stuggling .500 Silsbee team or a below average Huffman/Splendora team. Yes, I have confident in my Rattlers just as Gilmer people have in their Buckeyes predicting a Gilmer/WOS matchup.

Hemo, you're really not familiar with Silsbee to be calling them a "struggling" team. They took care of business in their district and gave WO-S their only real competition of the season.

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by griff
Hemo, you're really not familiar with Silsbee to be calling them a "struggling" team. They took care of business in their district and gave WO-S their only real competition of the season.

Dude, I have. When you lose to a Houston Davis team, Diboll, barely beat a Beaumont Kelly team, who lost to 2A Hitchcock, a struggling Jasper Team, I would call that struggling. I know that Silsbee has the athletes, etc, so does Brookshire Royal, but they didn't show it on the field. Ok, I give them credit for the WOS game, but, I never mentioned that they weren't capable. I just said that they were struggling. Maybe things are turning around for them, we shall see.

In addition, Bobby McGallion was the coach at Navasota when I was in jr high, high school. I know that he will have the Tigers ready to play.

martwayne
11-08-2008, 08:42 PM
correction i'm a Navasota fan also and i also think WO-S went down last nite didn't they

martwayne
11-08-2008, 08:43 PM
whats up hemo go rattlers

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
correction i'm a Navasota fan also and i also think WO-S went down last nite didn't they

No, maybe you are thinking of La Vega.

martwayne
11-08-2008, 08:45 PM
u are correct my bad

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2008, 08:47 PM
u are correct my bad

No problem. Off topic, any playoff games scheduled at Rattler Stadium yet?

martwayne
11-08-2008, 08:50 PM
not that i have heard about but me and a friend are going to huntsville friday for the silsbee game

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2008, 08:53 PM
not that i have heard about but me and a friend are going to huntsville friday for the silsbee game

Sounds good...

BurkFan
11-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Lose in the 2nd round.

We will see! We will see! :)

WOS1
11-09-2008, 12:50 PM
will likely play a stuggling .500 Silsbee team

Silsbee is far from a "struggling" team. They dropped some games early against some very stiff competition. They have improved dramatically from the first of the year and are playing some very good defense right now. I hope all of Navasota is looking past them...;)

OldBison75
11-09-2008, 01:02 PM
I will assure you that Navasota is not looking past Silsbee or anyone else. The Rattlers have played good enough to win all year, but have had only a few games where they played all four quarters of good football. In the playoffs, you better play all four or any team can beat you.

I believe that Navasota has all the ingredients to win it all, IF they play up to their potiential and not up to the competition. Silsbee has the talent to upset anyone. They have also had some rough nights when they struggled. I know they will be ready to face the Rattlers if they win this week. I only hope the week off dosen't make the Rattlers rusty.

WOS1
11-09-2008, 01:03 PM
When you lose to a Houston Davis team, Diboll, barely beat a Beaumont Kelly team, who lost to 2A Hitchcock, a struggling Jasper Team, I would call that struggling. I know that Silsbee has the athletes, etc, so does Brookshire Royal, but they didn't show it on the field. Ok, I give them credit for the WOS game, but, I never mentioned that they weren't capable. I just said that they were struggling. Maybe things are turning around for them, we shall see.

Not to be argumentative, but they lost by 1 to Davis who is undefeated, by 2 to Diboll who is a 2 loss playoff team and Jasper by 1 and WOS by 7 in OT... and they are playing better now. this is far from a "gimme" for Navasota.

wos-84
11-09-2008, 01:10 PM
i believe WOS has a real chance this year to go to state. WOS has out scored their opponents 253-14 in the last 5 games. Their last game they held the opposition to 0 first downs. Extremely talented and fast. if all cylinders are clicking they will be tough for any team to beat them. JMO.

44INAROW
11-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by wos-84
i believe WOS has a real chance this year to go to state. WOS has out scored their opponents 253-14 in the last 5 games. Their last game they held the opposition to 0 first downs. Extremely talented and fast. if all cylinders are clicking they will be tough for any team to beat them. JMO.

that is good - but it's all about the level of competition (I have no idea about WOS district so I am making no judgment on that) just saying - I know a team that is 284 - 41 in the last 5 games and that's without the 1st team playing majority of the 2nd half (even taking the knee on PATs :)) the level of play is getting ready to change and what got the teams here is in the past. Good Luck to WOS - they are one of my favorite teams strictly because of WOS87 ;)

wos-84
11-09-2008, 01:36 PM
you are right about the level of our distric as it is not very tough. However we are still beating strong 4a teams every year. nederland is one we beat earlier this year and are in the playoffs. Silsbee game should not be an indicator as we were just coming back from a long break due to the hurricane. we too are playing 2nd teamers in the second half. Our team is really starting to show real progress and our defense is very tough. I too hope to break the 3rd round loss but feel we will give any team in the state a run for their money. We will know soon enough after the first two rounds if WOS will dominate region 3. Gilmer is the team i am most hopeful we will play in the 3rd round. If we can beat Gilmer should we get there I dont see any other team that can beat us till state. but hey there are a lot of ifs.

WOS87
11-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Just something for everyone to think about:

West Orange-Stark has allowed 6 points TOTAL for the entire regular season in the 2nd half

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Not to be argumentative, but they lost by 1 to Davis who is undefeated, by 2 to Diboll who is a 2 loss playoff team and Jasper by 1 and WOS by 7 in OT... and they are playing better now. this is far from a "gimme" for Navasota.

WOS, no where did I mention that Silsbee was a gimme for the Rattlers. Davis is underfeated because they are a part of the inner city Houston division that sucks. Yes, they were stuggling at the beginning of the season. Have they turned it around, Yes. No one is overlooking the Tigers. As I stated, I know Coach McGallion will have the Tigers ready to play. Don't get bent all out of shape by me saying that Silsbee was stuggling.

WE ARE NOT LOOKING PAST SILSBEE OR HUFFMAN.

BTW, Good luck to WOS. I think that they have a good shot of winning it all!

AggiesAreWe
11-09-2008, 06:33 PM
WOS, no where did I mention that Silsbee was a gimme for the Rattlers. Davis is underfeated because they are a part of the inner city Houston division that sucks. Yes, they were stuggling at the beginning of the season. Have they turned it around, Yes. No one is overlooking the Tigers. As I stated, I know Coach McGallion will have the Tigers ready to play. Don't get bent all out of shape by me saying that Silsbee was stuggling.

WE ARE NOT LOOKING PAST SILSBEE OR HUFFMAN.

BTW, Good luck to WOS. I think that they have a good shot of winning it all!

I think what's got my fellow district mates(btw, thanks for coming to my Tiger's defense) up in arms with your post is that you say that Silsbee is "struggling". They may have struggled early in the season, but that's far from the case now. They are really hitting their stride going into the playoffs. After starting district with a 14-7 OT loss to WOS, they reeled off 4 blow out wins over the rest of the district, winning those games by an average score of 37-7. That is not struggling. This Silsbee team of late would win those games over H.Davis, Diboll, and Jasper. I say that because I have broadcasted all of Silsbee's games this year and have a very good insight on this team. My talks with Coach McGallion every week and watching this team progress over the last 6 weeks is what leads me to that statement. Silsbee is a much better team now than what they were early in the season. My WOS buddies can attest to that, as they already have.

I am predicting a Silsbee-Navasota match up. You Rattler fans don't be shocked if my Tigers come out with the win.

Scrambler
11-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by headhunter
Cuero (7-1) should be the favorite out of region IV in Division 1, and ask the natives in Cuero they will tell you they BETTER BE IN THE SEMIFINALS. Many people believe they better WIN IT ALL.

They should beat edna tonight and finish the regular season at 8 -1

I see a Cuero vs. Wylie rematch for the championship.

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe

I am predicting a Silsbee-Navasota match up. You Rattler fans don't be shocked if my Tigers come out with the win.

Ok, Silsbee is not struggling. That means that it will make for a good game. Silsbee must take care of Huffman first. I think that I may make that game or the Giddings/Sweeny game.

Good Luck to both teams.

Go Snakes!

PVAMU04
11-10-2008, 09:06 AM
The Silsbee vs Navasota games makes for interesting game being that it puts Coach MaGallion against his former school if this was to happen!

cshscougar08
11-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Scrambler
I see a Cuero vs. Wylie rematch for the championship.

Not if we beat Wylie over Thanksgiving! :D