PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall

eagles_victory
11-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Everyone is talking about the flag thing from last night. What do yall think?

trojan37
11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Hats off to Stokely for stopping that B.S.

nationalpastime
11-07-2008, 12:06 PM
I was listening to ESPN radio this morning and Marshall told the media that the glove he was pulling out was half white, half black and that it represented Obama and how he would bring unity. The refs would have definitely flagged him. Very headsy of Stokely.

Dominicfrank
11-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Can someone be the dumbest and the smartest guy in a matter of 2 seconds ? Reminds me of a great movie line...."Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself! "

Marshall is an idiot to pull that out but then to his credit he listended to his teammate and didnt show. ACn you imagine the outcry in Denver if he did pull it out and got flagged which lead to a 15yd pen on the kick off which leads to a TD from Quinn ?

waterboy
11-07-2008, 01:46 PM
What flag thing? I musta missed it. What happened?

nationalpastime
11-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Brandon Marshall caught a TD last night towards the end of the game and pulled out a glove last night (he was going to use it for a celebratory response). Brandon Stokely saw what was going on, grabbed Marshall's hands and told him to put the gloves back in his pants.

jason
11-07-2008, 01:59 PM
thats what they do, they put themselves above the team regardless of the consequences......

this guy has half as many fumbles as touchdowns, maybe he should find some gloves with some sticky tack...........

Keith7
11-07-2008, 03:50 PM
I personally think it would have been great if he would have been able to get the celebration off..

The Denver defense had Cleveland's number for nearly the entire second half so I really think a 15 yard advantage wouldn't have mattered..

Athletes don't stand up for anything now a days and owners / coaches put a muzzle on anything slightly controversial. I would have liked to see what Marshall had plan, sounds like a great idea!

crzyjournalist03
11-07-2008, 03:56 PM
There would have been plenty of ways he could have shown his support and made his tribute without even having the possibility of hurting his team.

He could have worn the gloves during the game so they wouldn't have been considered a prop when he pulled them out.

Heck, he could have grabbed Stokely by the arm and held hands and sang "Kumbayah".

Maroon87
11-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I personally think it would have been great if he would have been able to get the celebration off..

The Denver defense had Cleveland's number for nearly the entire second half so I really think a 15 yard advantage wouldn't have mattered..

Athletes don't stand up for anything now a days and owners / coaches put a muzzle on anything slightly controversial. I would have liked to see what Marshall had plan, sounds like a great idea!

The key phrase in that post is "personally". You don't have to face the coach and your teammates if that celebration winds up costing them a game.

Remember...they are fighting for their playoff lives.

JasperDog94
11-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

Absolutely!!! There's nothing like putting your team's win in jeopardy to make a personal political statement!:2thumbsup