PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Vs. Columbus

buff4ever
11-05-2008, 08:21 PM
It is practically Thursday already and I can't find a thread on this game. I guess that the columbus posters have started to realize that I was right all a long when I said that were not as good as they thought pre-district.

All of a sudden all the columbus posters (2 specifically) that said I was just making it up to put them down, have not responded to me since they started losing in district and won't even say anything the week that we play each other.

I know, you are sitting back waiting for me to do this, then you will continue to sit back, hope you guys pull off this upset and tell me to take my crow. Smithville tried the same thing, look where that got em.

This game means nothing to giddings unless bellville were to lose to smithville, which I don't think will happen. Of course giddings doesn't want to go into the playoffs after a poorly played game, but it has likely no effect on our playoff seeding. I am sure that we will rest plumlee on both sides of the ball to see if he can heal up a little.

:) :) :) :D :D :D come on guys this is your last game of the year no matter what, let's post a little on it before you start basketball.:D :D :D

Pudlugger
11-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
It is practically Thursday already and I can't find a thread on this game. I guess that the columbus posters have started to realize that I was right all a long when I said that were not as good as they thought pre-district.

All of a sudden all the columbus posters (2 specifically) that said I was just making it up to put them down, have not responded to me since they started losing in district and won't even say anything the week that we play each other.

I know, you are sitting back waiting for me to do this, then you will continue to sit back, hope you guys pull off this upset and tell me to take my crow. Smithville tried the same thing, look where that got em.

This game means nothing to giddings unless bellville were to lose to smithville, which I don't think will happen. Of course giddings doesn't want to go into the playoffs after a poorly played game, but it has likely no effect on our playoff seeding. I am sure that we will rest plumlee on both sides of the ball to see if he can heal up a little.

:) :) :) :D :D :D come on guys this is your last game of the year no matter what, let's post a little on it before you start basketball.:D :D :D

The best example of hubris I have seen on this site in some time. Go Cards!

buff4ever
11-05-2008, 08:44 PM
nice vocab word pud.

Now note that I am just trying to get something to read on here. I have glanced at this board a couple of times this week to find nothing on the game, so here we go.

They did give me a hard time for not jumping on their band wagon earlier in the year, so I had to say something about that too.

THE BIG QUESTION, how can you say go cards after the way they treated you guys last week in their loss to you?

I made a post like this last week to try and stir up some post with smithville to no avail, so I thought I would try again with columbus.

By the way, have fun hitting the wood floors next week too:D JK

duke55
11-05-2008, 10:08 PM

Well yall will probaly win, because Columbus doesnt have some "key" people, but it was a good year besides the sealy game

buff4ever
11-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by duke55
Well yall will probaly win, because Columbus doesnt have some "key" people, but it was a good year besides the sealy game

Are you saying that with the key people we would lose or just have a more competitive game?

Watcher
11-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Butt4ever, your posts are always so complimentry of your town. I have kin in Giddings and we have decided that you must be one hell of a flute player. Your biggest performance is at half time. Columbus will show up with heart, and if an idiot such as yourself wants to talk smack about the kids on the field, then the only remedy that I can say for you is stick the flute in your quotes and try for state solo. Our district has been a good one. Very competitive between all games. Get rid of the neverwas wantabees and we will go far in playoffs. By the way Butt4ever Sealy was not too impressed with your hand shaking performance.

buff4ever
11-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Watcher
Butt4ever, your posts are always so complimentry of your town. I have kin in Giddings and we have decided that you must be one hell of a flute player. Your biggest performance is at half time. Columbus will show up with heart, and if an idiot such as yourself wants to talk smack about the kids on the field, then the only remedy that I can say for you is stick the flute in your quotes and try for state solo. Our district has been a good one. Very competitive between all games. Get rid of the neverwas wantabees and we will go far in playoffs. By the way Butt4ever Sealy was not too impressed with your hand shaking performance.

First off, you're an idiot. I will give you credit for atleast posting on here, some of your buds won't b/c of being wrong before now. I don't have to say who I am or who I was on here, I have the same right as you to come on this board and talk smack. Which is what I was doing to try and stir the pot a little.

Were you at the Sealy game, or are your kin in giddings challenged or negative enough to not realize what really happened with the sealy situation. We had ONE kid get pulled in by ONE Sealy player acting poorly and starting it b/c he lost.

LG seemed to be real impressed with your colorado county boys as well.

But thanks for posting.:D

BOCEPHUS
11-06-2008, 06:10 AM
SOUNDS LIKE TO ME Y'ALL NEED TO GO GET A ROOM, CHILDREN ROUND HERE YA KNOW.

1st and goal
11-06-2008, 06:54 AM
How many starter Columbus players are sidelined?

BOCEPHUS
11-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
How many starter Columbus players are sidelined?

ALL STARTERS WILL BE ON FIELD. NON-STARTERS ON SIDELINE, THINK THAT IS HOW IT WORKS, COULD BE WRONG

hookandladder
11-06-2008, 07:14 AM
nice vocab word pud.

Now note that I am just trying to get something to read on here. I have glanced at this board a couple of times this week to find nothing on the game, so here we go.

They did give me a hard time for not jumping on their band wagon earlier in the year, so I had to say something about that too.

THE BIG QUESTION, how can you say go cards after the way they treated you guys last week in their loss to you?

I made a post like this last week to try and stir up some post with smithville to no avail, so I thought I would try again with columbus.

By the way, have fun hitting the wood floors next week too:D JK

I was at our game against Columbus and yes what the 2 LB"S did was pretty low class however that was like having some ignorant fans do or say something stupid. You cannot blame the whole team because of 2 kids stupid decision to blowup the center. It is simiular to what you are trying to do with your post, Giddings has some fine athelete's and parents don't ruin it. Take pride in your team and maybe be a little more humble.

teetle
11-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Thats just like the Cardinals. They will tell you how good they are when they are winning and come up with 20 million excuses when they are not. :vrycnfsd:

buff4ever
11-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I was at our game against Columbus and yes what the 2 LB"S did was pretty low class however that was like having some ignorant fans do or say something stupid. You cannot blame the whole team because of 2 kids stupid decision to blowup the center. It is simiular to what you are trying to do with your post, Giddings has some fine athelete's and parents don't ruin it. Take pride in your team and maybe be a little more humble.

Hook, I have posted to get things going on this game, it has worked a little. Also, it was not that I would let two players effect my view on a town; too many people have tried to do that with Giddings. My problem is that they were both allowed to stay on the field according to everyone I have talked to or read. That reflects on the coaching staff in my opinion. Maybe something has been done after the fact, which is good, but that night would have been the time to do something for sure.

hookandladder
11-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Hook, I have posted to get things going on this game, it has worked a little. Also, it was not that I would let two players effect my view on a town; too many people have tried to do that with Giddings. My problem is that they were both allowed to stay on the field according to everyone I have talked to or read. That reflects on the coaching staff in my opinion. Maybe something has been done after the fact, which is good, but that night would have been the time to do something for sure.

They were not on the field after each one took their shot at our center, both walked off the field right after the Umpire flagged them. I talked to the coaches that were in the press box right after the game, they were supposely telling the coaches on the field to get those 2 kids out of the game in fear that they were going to do something stupid. Now if both kids are not discipled for their actions, I will have a problem with their HC. I have a couple of friends who coach at Columbus so I will find out. Columbus is not a bad team so Giddings will need to play well, if they really care to win this game.

Buffgal
11-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Butt4ever, your posts are always so complimentry of your town. I have kin in Giddings and we have decided that you must be one hell of a flute player. Your biggest performance is at half time.

Don't think he can play the flute....but you never know what higher education may be teaching these days. Probably just learning some basket weaving and how to add/subtract on his fancy calculator.;)

& Buff4ever, if you do have the talent of playing the flute, would you please learn the school song and play it for our football team after the game? My singing is not so bueno w/o a little music.

Go Buffs.....Target those Cardinals and let's get our share of the district championship.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Rule #76
11-06-2008, 10:11 AM
buff4ever you just need to go play your flute. lol. that is hilarious. this is a good year for columbus. they haven't been good for like 10 yrs. can't blame them for feeling good about themselves. too bad all the schobels are gone.

jimmyceatworld
11-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Rule #76
buff4ever you just need to go play your flute. lol. that is hilarious. this is a good year for columbus. they haven't been good for like 10 yrs. can't blame them for feeling good about themselves. too bad all the schobels are gone.

Rule #76 No excuses. Play like a champion.

buff4life
11-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Rule #29

Always be a team player...

Full List of Rules (http://www.weddingcrashersrules.com)

bobcat04
11-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey,
Thinking of going up and watching the future of Giddings tonight. Are there any good places to eat in G-town? I'm in the area and have never stop in Giddings to eat so any info is appreciated....

buff4life
11-06-2008, 11:08 AM
You coming from South or North? Elm Creek out on HWY 21 is always good south of Lincoln, El Charro T and Jaliso's have very good Mexican food. Hunans is good chinese if your in the mood for that. and south of town in Northrup has the best steaks around, i think they are open thursday through sunday but not too sure

gtownfan
11-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by bobcat04
Hey,
Thinking of going up and watching the future of Giddings tonight. Are there any good places to eat in G-town? I'm in the area and have never stop in Giddings to eat so any info is appreciated....

My opinion, El Charo T, 290 east is the best in town. It's mexican food but very good. Circle W, 290 west, has pretty good home cooken. Hunan's, 290 East in Walmart Center is good Chinese.

For lunch, City Meatmarket.

There are some places out of town that are pretty decent, Murphy's in Winchester and El Creek Inn, both steak places, but you'll have to get directions for those.

Note: FFA is selling hamburgers at Middle School Cafateria tonight, a makeup for the Huricane IKE reschedule!

gtownfan
11-06-2008, 11:20 AM
What kind of offense does Columbus run? Spread? Looking at the few stats I've seen, looks like a run oriented team.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Like to know what to expect before I get to the game!

buff4life
11-06-2008, 11:24 AM
after watching them last year, its a pro style really, I formation with some play action bootlegs...maybe even a little Waco LaVega toss dive action...

Its good to see a team actually line up with a fullback and run right at people, very similar to Giddings when they went to the semis

BOCEPHUS
11-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
What kind of offense does Columbus run? Spread? Looking at the few stats I've seen, looks like a run oriented team.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Like to know what to expect before I get to the game!

......EXPECT PAIN:bigcry:

"WELL NOW YOU GO DO SOMTH'EN, OR JUST STAND THAR AND BLEED":evillol:

STAggie
11-06-2008, 11:27 AM
C'mon Columbus help us out. This will be a good game with two straight forward running teams playing each other. Will be a grind it out type of affair.

buff4ever
11-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Rule #76

What's funny rule #76 is that you find it funny b/c you know it isn't true, while you actually played the clarinet back in your day.:D

1st and goal
11-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
......EXPECT PAIN:bigcry:

"WELL NOW YOU GO DO SOMTH'EN, OR JUST STAND THAR AND BLEED":evillol:

BOCEPHUS, WAT GAME U GO'N TO? HOW MUCH BEER YA TAKIN OR BREENGIN? WHO U WID?

48minutes
11-06-2008, 01:09 PM
What's funny rule #76 is that you find it funny b/c you know it isn't true, while you actually played the clarinet back in your day.:D

Maybe the both of you should go play your flute and clarinet together sometime.

Sure seems that wathcer got ya there buff. He has kin in giddings. lol

BOCEPHUS
11-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
BOCEPHUS, WAT GAME U GO'N TO? HOW MUCH BEER YA TAKIN OR BREENGIN? WHO U WID?

I BE IN PARKING LOT ON TALEGATE, ONE IN HAND, I BE THE HEAD MAN OF THE HELMET CREW. I BE IN CHARGE OF THEM THAR DRUNKS A DO'EN THAER JOB, IS FULL TIME JOB CUZ SOME'A'THAM BOYS AIN'T ALL THERE, KINDA SPECIAL........:smoker:

Kickin It
11-06-2008, 03:17 PM

Not gone, just waiting to see what you had to say! Not going to get into the you said, I said battle because it will never be won. I will say that the year for the Cardinals did not go as planned since we are not in the playoffs. However it was not a bad season, disappointing yes, bad no. Disappointed that we had 5 turnovers in the second half after controlling the game against a very good Bellville team. Disappointed that we let one slip through our fingers after controlling a high powered La Grange passing attack, btw good job of running the ball :). Disappointed that we had 4 defensive starters out against a good Sealy team. Not taking anything away from those teams or making excuses, that is why you play on Friday nights. But for you to say that we where a bottom team because we played a soft pre district schedule is completely ridiculous. Our kids played hard and played physical every Friday night, some made some bad decisions. To say that it is a reflection on the coaches is a moron statement in itself (not sure who posted that). As I posted after the LG game, I did not see the DC signal in hit the defenseless center, make Columbus look classless, and try to start a riot call. Nor did I see Columbus coaches high fiving or jumping up and down after it, all I saw was looks of disbelief and disappointment. It was a bad decision at the end of the game.

To Bellville, Sealy, and Giddings, good luck in the playoffs. Buff4ever, easy with the basketball comments, the team, not your mouth are the ones that got yall in the playoffs. I am sure you had very little to do with the winning. Hope to see a good, clean, and competitive game tomorrow even though it means nothing to Giddings as stated by you. Good luck Cards, end the season on a high note!!

gtownfan
11-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Kickin It
Not gone, just waiting to see what you had to say! Not going to get into the you said, I said battle because it will never be won. I will say that the year for the Cardinals did not go as planned since we are not in the playoffs. However it was not a bad season, disappointing yes, bad no. Disappointed that we had 5 turnovers in the second half after controlling the game against a very good Bellville team. Disappointed that we let one slip through our fingers after controlling a high powered La Grange passing attack, btw good job of running the ball :). Disappointed that we had 4 defensive starters out against a good Sealy team. Not taking anything away from those teams or making excuses, that is why you play on Friday nights. But for you to say that we where a bottom team because we played a soft pre district schedule is completely ridiculous. Our kids played hard and played physical every Friday night, some made some bad decisions. To say that it is a reflection on the coaches is a moron statement in itself (not sure who posted that). As I posted after the LG game, I did not see the DC signal in hit the defenseless center, make Columbus look classless, and try to start a riot call. Nor did I see Columbus coaches high fiving or jumping up and down after it, all I saw was looks of disbelief and disappointment. It was a bad decision at the end of the game.

To Bellville, Sealy, and Giddings, good luck in the playoffs. Buff4ever, easy with the basketball comments, the team, not your mouth are the ones that got yall in the playoffs. I am sure you had very little to do with the winning. Hope to see a good, clean, and competitive game tomorrow even though it means nothing to Giddings as stated by you. Good luck Cards, end the season on a high note!!

I'm really interested in seeing the new stadium (or refurbished stadium). Are there seperate visitor/home entrances or does everyone still go through the home side? I find that some of the new stadiums do everything they can to keep the fans apart and it creates a prison like atmosphere (lots of high chain link fence) at some of them (Elgin was like that).

Anyhow, hope it's a clean/entertaining game also! And as most D-25 games have been, I'm sure it will be a tough/hard hitting one.

Pudlugger
11-06-2008, 06:47 PM
As a Lep fan and frequent poster let me say that I do not think the Cardinal coaches or community in any way condone the actions of the two Card players who acted out last Friday. They were just really frustrated and jacked up on adrenaline and made a bad decision. I am sure the coaches have everything under control and will field a team ready to give Giddings a run for their money. The Cardinals impressed me as a very tenacious and intense team and they have the weapons to beat Giddings if they can keep focused for 48 minutes. Good luck Friday night.

Watcher
11-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Buff4ever this is the last night of our district smack talk. All I can say is good luck to all the teams tommorrow night, hope they can all be good games with no injuries. To Bellville, Sealy, and Giddings hope you make a long run in the playoffs. Three great representatives that will make a lot of noise. Regardless of records it has been a great year and a tough district. By the way the Cardinals won't make excuses and will come hard Friday night. We have a great AD that is supported by the town. No excuse for what happened in La Grange. Two players ruined a perfectly well played football game for both teams.

buff4ever
11-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Buff4ever this is the last night of our district smack talk. All I can say is good luck to all the teams tommorrow night, hope they can all be good games with no injuries. To Bellville, Sealy, and Giddings hope you make a long run in the playoffs. Three great representatives that will make a lot of noise. Regardless of records it has been a great year and a tough district. By the way the Cardinals won't make excuses and will come hard Friday night. We have a great AD that is supported by the town. No excuse for what happened in La Grange. Two players ruined a perfectly well played football game for both teams.

Great post.

Now that we have everyone a little stirred up, and atleast posting on the game, you are right this is the last game of district and like someone else posted it will be as competitive as most of them have been all throughout district. Besides Smithville over LG and Giddings over smithville there weren't too many blow outs anywhere. I would venture to say that we had 5 playoff caliber teams in our district.

Kickin It
11-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Great post.

Now that we have everyone a little stirred up, and atleast posting on the game, you are right this is the last game of district and like someone else posted it will be as competitive as most of them have been all throughout district. Besides Smithville over LG and Giddings over smithville there weren't too many blow outs anywhere. I would venture to say that we had 5 playoff caliber teams in our district.

:clap: Enough Said!!

bobcat04
11-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestions as to where to eat. I went to EL Charo T. Good food!!! Hunans was Closed...Enjoyed the games.

buff4ever
11-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestions as to where to eat. I went to EL Charo T. Good food!!! Hunans was Closed...Enjoyed the games.

Hunans was closed? What time did you eat?

gtownfan
11-07-2008, 06:23 PM

Hope you got something on their menu that had the charro beans (forgot to mention this). They are great and better than the refried beans!