PDA

View Full Version : DeANGELO HALL release by raiders, should.........

wedo
11-05-2008, 03:11 PM
the Cowboys try and pick him up??? he is a two time pro bowler.

kepdawg
11-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Yes, because it would be entertaining.

JasperDog94
11-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by wedo
the Cowboys try and pick him up??? he is a two time pro bowler. I don't know...can he play safety?;)

Buckweed
11-05-2008, 04:03 PM
The Texans should seriously consider him!!:thinking:

Macarthur
11-05-2008, 05:32 PM
You know, he hasn't been very good, but is blazing fast and has shown something in the past.

He's also very young so he's still got time to "figure it out".

Having said that, I think Cows are fine with T-New coming back and it looks like Pac is being a good boy.

Txbroadcaster
11-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
You know, he hasn't been very good, but is blazing fast and has shown something in the past.

He's also very young so he's still got time to "figure it out".

Having said that, I think Cows are fine with T-New coming back and it looks like Pac is being a good boy.

I dont think Pac will ever be in a cowboy uniform again

Sweetwater Red
11-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I don't think he'll wear anyone's uniform again. He made Goodell
look bad.

3afan
11-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

definitely not

crzyjournalist03
11-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Hall has had a good year for Oakland, and was a very good CB in Atlanta. I don't think Dallas will pursue him, but I do think that he will be a big help to a contender this year.

Maroon87
11-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Hall has had a good year for Oakland, and was a very good CB in Atlanta. I don't think Dallas will pursue him, but I do think that he will be a big help to a contender this year.

The one image I have of Hall in a Raider uni is him getting toasted continuously by Eddie Royal on MNF in week 1.

Looking4number8
11-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I don't think he'll wear anyone's uniform again. He made Goodell
look bad.

True, I also saw on sportscenter today that the way they released him, was still going to get his 8 million dollars on his contract. Playing 8 games this year puts that at $1,000,000 per game.

Wow, that is almost as our new regioon 1 ediitor makes!

Fal44
11-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
The one image I have of Hall in a Raider uni is him getting toasted continuously by Eddie Royal on MNF in week 1.

same here...

JR2004
11-05-2008, 08:41 PM
DeAngelo Hall's best two seasons of his career came when Cowboys assistant secondary coach Brett Maxie (3A connection here as Brett is a Madison graduate!) was the secondary coach with the Falcons. Maxie coached him from his rookie season in 2004 through 2006. He was a pro bowler the final two years with Maxie. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for the Cowboys to try and bring him in to work with the position coach he enjoyed the most success under.

wedo
11-06-2008, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
DeAngelo Hall's best two seasons of his career came when Cowboys assistant secondary coach Brett Maxie (3A connection here as Brett is a Madison graduate!) was the secondary coach with the Falcons. Maxie coached him from his rookie season in 2004 through 2006. He was a pro bowler the final two years with Maxie. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for the Cowboys to try and bring him in to work with the position coach he enjoyed the most success under.

this would be even more reason to bring him in IMO

g$$
11-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Not the player he once was & a distraction/nuisance who can't keep his mouth shut. Just a Cover 2 corner now, has trouble when forced to play lots of man-to-man. Al Davis made yet another mistake & overpaid for him when Atlants was desperate to get rid of him. The Raiders have become a joke franchise after all the great years. Davis will have to die before things can change.

Dallas has way more problems than if Pacman plays again (& I don't think he will anytime soon for anybody). Lack of leadership, injuries, meddlesome owner, team chemistry, etc. Gonna be tough to even make playoffs for them. Ship without a rudder. If the Giants game had been a boxing match, it would have been stopped in the 2nd quarter. Could not happen to a better group & owner/CEO/team president/wannabe coach/cheerleader sponsor, etc.

Txbroadcaster
11-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Not the player he once was & a distraction/nuisance who can't keep his mouth shut. Just a Cover 2 corner now, has trouble when forced to play lots of man-to-man.

I truly dont know if he ever was the player people said he was. He seemed to never be as good as the experts said he was.

piratebg
11-06-2008, 02:55 AM
I wouldn't even bother. Henry and Newman will be back. Backing them up will the rookies, Jenkins and Scandrick, who really don't look all that bad. They'll be okay. I think they also have Alan Ball and Quincy Butler. This team has enough problems to deal with right now anyways.

roughneck_2008
11-06-2008, 02:20 PM
wouldnt surprise me if jerry goes after him

3afan
11-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I wouldn't even bother. Henry and Newman will be back. Backing them up will the rookies, Jenkins and Scandrick, who really don't look all that bad. They'll be okay. I think they also have Alan Ball and Quincy Butler. This team has enough problems to deal with right now anyways.

getting a talented DB is not a "problem" ... and the currect crew has been less than stellar

piratebg
11-07-2008, 05:47 AM
I heard that so far Hall has been contacted by New England, Washington, and Pittsburgh. ESPN reports he has been contacted by 15 teams, but these are the only ones I've seen named.

3afan
11-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

heard on 103.3 that Hall has not had a good year and that why the cowboys did not go after him ... opposing receivers have over a 60% success rate against him and he has allowed the most receiving yards in the league! i didnt know those stats were kept, but it doesnt surprise me, but that what they (GAC) said

crzyjournalist03
11-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Hall has now signed with the Redskins, meaning Cowboys fans will get the opportunity to see Roy Williams burn him for a couple of touchdowns in two weeks.