PDA

View Full Version : Favorite M&G - Shirt/Flag Signing

44INAROW
11-05-2008, 11:29 AM
I have been to several shirt/flag signings (with and without shirts and flags lol) been to M&G's and met some great folks and made lasting friendships One memorable time was when I "met" P4S when Cuero played Sinton in the Alamodome in 2004. We didn't meet up before or during the game due to "whatever" I guess -but after the game, my cell phone was ringing and I answered it and it was Rita, congratulating Cuero on the win and we chatted and I asked where she was - turns out she was directly below me and we waved at each other.. I later met her the next year when she came to Lil44's game in West Oso.. (remember how hot and humid it was that night?)
LHPM and I met up at several "ramdom" playoff games and I (along with some other Cuero folks) got to sit smack dab in the middle of the LH Purple Fans for probably 4 games or so. We had a blast!! LHPM even got up early on a particular June morning in 2005 and brought son #3 to watch Cuero playing 7 on 7 @ Lake Travis - I think that is one of the hottest days I've ever sat outside and watched a sporting event. She even took a picture with the team.
P4S came to Cuero for 7 on 7 last year and brought a trunk load of peaches lol...... bless her heart - that was alot of peaches :) :)
The most memorable football M&G was when Cuero played Ingleside in Seguin a few years back - it was a huge M&G - later affectionately known as the "M&G in the Bushes" That's where I met APPF, Big Daddy and Ms Russ and many others- I bet there were 20 people there. That was a fun one.
We've even had a GOLF M&G - the night before the Regional Golf Tourney in 2006 - APPF and MR APPF, P4S, Sinton66, Pirate44, SPF and LilPirate44 met at a steakhouse for food and libations :) (I got lost in downtown Corpus that night and if anyone wants to know "where to have a good time" late at night in Corpus, I accidently found out where to go :doh:
anyone have some M&G stories to share?

**Crapola - how could I forget meeting Jason at "The Palace" in Round Rock in 2004?? That was the game the busses arrived at 6:25 for a 7:30 game...... we were following the busses and it was total caos (sp) when we got there - There was Jason, standing in front of the Cuero gate as promised :) What a welcomed site :)

Ranger Mom
11-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

The most memorable football M&G was when Cuero played Ingleside in Seguin a few years back - it was a huge M&G - later affectionately known as the "M&G in the Bushes" That's where I met APPF, Big Daddy and Ms Russ and many others- I bet there were 20 people there. That was a fun one.

Was that the one where we had to edit out all the "shockers?":D :D

Sweetwater Red
11-05-2008, 11:37 AM
I have no favorites. I enjoyed all of them equally.:D

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Was that the one where we had to edit out all the "shockers?":D :D
No, that was the LH/Cuero playoff game from 2005. :eek: :eek: :D

Ranger Mom
11-05-2008, 11:38 AM
I like the ones before the game....where you can actually talk to a person.

A halftime M&G is so frantic and chaotic!!

Bullaholic
11-05-2008, 11:42 AM
I have been to several shirt/flag signings (with and without shirts

Woo Hoo! Lemme know the next "without" shirts M&G, 44'. :D

44INAROW
11-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No, that was the LH/Cuero playoff game from 2005. :eek: :eek: :D

and Debbie got the pleasure of explaining to me what a shocker was :D :D :D :D being the mother of 2 grown and 1 almost grown boys, I can't believe I missed that lovely detail :D

Originally posted by Bullaholic
Woo Hoo! Lemme know the next "without" shirts M&G, 44'. :D

wow - left myself wide open on that one didn't I ;)

44INAROW
11-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I like the ones before the game....where you can actually talk to a person.

A halftime M&G is so frantic and chaotic!!

OMG RM - remember when you drove into Cuero and I was out in the middle of the main drag - green shirt in full glory - waving you down?? TOO FUNNY..... then the antics at the house later that night................. Rio is a celebrity :) I still can't believe you make that trip and didn't get lost!!! Excellent map skills :) did we go to Longhorn that night?

I think we've had numerous Pregame meals at Longhorn..... Even had a newspaper writer from Austin at one game.. Debbie - did that story ever get printed?

shackina
11-05-2008, 11:49 AM
the few I have been to I really do prefer if you guys keep your shirts on!

Ranger Mom
11-05-2008, 12:08 PM
OMG RM - remember when you drove into Cuero and I was out in the middle of the main drag - green shirt in full glory - waving you down?? TOO FUNNY..... then the antics at the house later that night................. Rio is a celebrity :) I still can't believe you make that trip and didn't get lost!!! Excellent map skills :) did we go to Longhorn that night?

I think we've had numerous Pregame meals at Longhorn..... Even had a newspaper writer from Austin at one game.. Debbie - did that story ever get printed?

Yes...we ate at Longhorn...got to meet Old Green, Gobbla, crabman (and wife) gobbler grad (and wife)..and if I have left anyone out, I am sorry!!

The main thing I remember was how freaking HOT it was the next morning!!! I could barely breathe!!

Rio, Rio, Rio.....I am just glad I had the sense to keep my butt in my seat and not fall for what those boys had planned for me!!

I get myself into enough "pickles" as it is...that would have been another thing I would have never lived down!!:doh: :doh: :D

pirate4state
11-05-2008, 12:42 PM
My favorites are the ones when someone leaves and there is still a group of us hanging around and everyone will turn and ask "who was that?" :D ;)

44INAROW
11-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
My favorites are the ones when someone leaves and there is still a group of us hanging around and everyone will turn and ask "who was that?" :D ;)
NO JOKE - been there, done that :) :) :)