PDA

View Full Version : LIBERTY HILL vs CHINA SPRING

YOEdog
11-05-2008, 10:19 AM
WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN TO KEEP THESE TWO FROM MEETING UP IN ROUND ONE OF THE PLAYOFFS?

NastySlot
11-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by YOEdog
WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN TO KEEP THESE TWO FROM MEETING UP IN ROUND ONE OF THE PLAYOFFS?

i was told that if west, glen rose and c.s make the playoffs...china spring would be dI........liberty hill won't be dI...Am I right?

Dogman_1969
11-05-2008, 10:27 AM
I think that they will meet up in round 1. I plan to make that one.

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Am I right?
Yes, you are...maybe. :D We still have the ifs/ands/buts/unless/depends situation Friday, but we likely will be D2.

trojan37
11-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Gatesville is pretty much out of the playoff picture in district 7. They would have to beat China Spring Friday night and West would have to lose to Whitney for them to get back in. IF that were to happen then Gatesville would go DI and China Spring DII. The way it stands right now is China Spring DI and West and Glen Rose DII.

Phil C
11-05-2008, 10:58 AM
It is a shame that two great teams have to meet in the first round.

OldBison75
11-05-2008, 11:31 AM
There is a better chance of Newt Gingrich being appointed the new president's chief of staff than there being a meltdown in District 7 that would make China Spring Division 2. Liberty Hill will be Division 2 unless there is a unexpected group of teams in that district that forfiets games this week.

It looks like the Panthers will have fun in thier bracket with Bridgeport in a couple of weeks. I remember a spread team that thought LH would never stop their offense last year in the playoffs. That team learned a very valuable lesson in only the first quarter of that game, LH can really play football.

THERE IS NO MORE DISCIPLINED TEAM IN 3A FOOTBALL. The man for man talent may not be as highly regarded as at some other schools, but they understand the system, play the systems, believe in the system, and play better as a team that any other team I have watched in ten years.

Daddy D 11
11-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
It looks like the Panthers will have fun in thier bracket with Bridgeport in a couple of weeks. I remember a spread team that thought LH would never stop their offense last year in the playoffs. That team learned a very valuable lesson in only the first quarter of that game, LH can really play football.

THERE IS NO MORE DISCIPLINED TEAM IN 3A FOOTBALL. The man for man talent may not be as highly regarded as at some other schools, but they understand the system, play the systems, believe in the system, and play better as a team that any other team I have watched in ten years.

Damn right:clap:

BILLYFRED0000
11-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Damn right:clap:

I will vouch for that darn good team and philosophy. Hard to beat. And cs will be div1 and lh div2. No first round meeting.

slingshot
11-05-2008, 12:56 PM
...so quite possibly a Wylie/CS meeting somewhere down the road??? Haven't looked at the brackets but sounds interesting!

kepdawg
11-05-2008, 12:57 PM
If Liberty Hill, Wimberley, and Burnet win:

Liberty Hill 6-0
Llano 4-2
Wimberley 4-2
Burnet 4-2

Who gets in?

Liberty Hill
?
?

mwynn05
11-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Burnet would be in but the final spot depends on teh tie breaker if they go by points out of the 3 teams only them wimberly if they use points to break the three way tie and say ok burnet is in now we have a 2 way tie and take the head up game it would be llano

Might for Right
11-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
If Liberty Hill, Wimberley, and Burnet win:

Liberty Hill 6-0
Llano 4-2
Wimberley 4-2
Burnet 4-2

Who gets in?

Liberty Hill
?
?

It ends up in a three way tie with Burnet, Llano, and Wimberley. Burnet is in with positive points (+17); LLano and Wimberley are tied at +6. Therefore, Llano is in due to their win over Wimberley. Burnet is DI.

solocam
11-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Cats will probably play West in game 1 of playoffs

trojan37
11-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by solocam
Cats will probably play West in game 1 of playoffs

Get ready! Upset of the year in the making!:devil:

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2008, 09:52 PM
At least you've seen the offense.

Panther One
11-05-2008, 10:51 PM
For Liberty Hill to be DI, we'd have to lose to Llano on Friday and have Wimberley beat Fredericksburg. That is the only thing that would bump Burnet from the playoffs. If things play out like they should, we'll be facing West in round one.

kepdawg
11-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
For Liberty Hill to be DI, we'd have to lose to Llano on Friday and have Wimberley beat Fredericksburg. That is the only thing that would bump Burnet from the playoffs. If things play out like they should, we'll be facing West in round one.

Why would LH have to lose to Llano? Wouldn't wins by LH, Wimberley, and Canyon Lake knock Burnet out? And I know it's not likely Canyon Lake beats Burnet.

bp80884
11-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
...so quite possibly a Wylie/CS meeting somewhere down the road??? Haven't looked at the brackets but sounds interesting!

Wylie and China Spring would meet in the region finals. Looking forward to that if we both make it.

Panther One
11-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Why would LH have to lose to Llano? Wouldn't wins by LH, Wimberley, and Canyon Lake knock Burnet out? And I know it's not likely Canyon Lake beats Burnet.
Well, there's always the possibility of Burnet having to forfeit one or more district games, too. We might as well include that scenario, seeing as it's more likely than the Bulldogs losing to Canyon Lake.

kepdawg
11-06-2008, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
Well, there's always the possibility of Burnet having to forfeit one or more district games, too. We might as well include that scenario, seeing as it's more likely than the Bulldogs losing to Canyon Lake.

:rolleyes: :dispntd:

Super_R
11-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Get ready! Upset of the year in the making!:devil:

What do you mean in the making?...When you found out you drew LH in the opener of the playoffs you were upset.

trojan37
11-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
What do you mean in the making?...When you found out you drew LH in the opener of the playoffs you were upset.

EXACTLY!

Super_R
11-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
EXACTLY!

THANKS!

cshscougar08
11-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by bp80884
Wylie and China Spring would meet in the region finals. Looking forward to that if we both make it.

I'm looking forward to that happening as well. Maybe nobogey will actually give a rat's a$$ if we kick their butts. That's a big IF and we have to get through the first two rounds first.

Rabid Cougar
11-06-2008, 10:58 PM
And we all know Wylie is for sure in the Regional Finals too..... right.

bp80884
11-06-2008, 11:25 PM
China spring would need to get by Bur4net (small possibility it could be Liberty Hill), the Burkburnett.

Wylie would have to get passed Lubbock Estacio and seminole/Ft Stockton