PDA

View Full Version : election day results

jason
11-05-2008, 09:00 AM
erath county, stephenville, is officially wet and it is now legal to sell beer/wine for off premises consumption.....

it is estimated that the tax on the beer/wine will bring in approximately $20 million a year to the city.....

the beer store right at the county line in proctor is screwed haha....

Pick6
11-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by jason
erath county, stephenville, is officially wet and it is now legal to sell beer/wine for off premises consumption.....

it is estimated that the tax on the beer/wine will bring in approximately $20 million a year to the city.....

the beer store right at the county line in proctor is screwed haha....

A town that I used to live in went wet a few years ago. They had promises of hugh dollars coming into the economy. After 6 years the town is still waiting.

jason
11-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
A town that I used to live in went wet a few years ago. They had promises of hugh dollars coming into the economy. After 6 years the town is still waiting.

i see how it could take a while - but with 8000+ college students here, there should be a pretty quick impact (wouldn't you think??)....

JasperDog94
11-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by jason
i see how it could take a while - but with 8000+ college students here, there should be a pretty quick impact (wouldn't you think??).... That certainly won't be a good thing for the students.:(

Phil C
11-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Not getting politically or anything like that but just reporting the news:

Mr. Obama won the presidential election.

rockdale80
11-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
That certainly won't be a good thing for the students.:(

Should a student that is 21 not be able to have a beer? You want less government, but more government? Make up your mind. ;)

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Not getting politically or anything like that
That's exactly what it was. :doh: