PDA

View Full Version : Peaking for the playoff run

OldBison75
11-04-2008, 10:36 PM
What teams that have been sort of below the radar all year would you say are peaking at the right time for the playoffs?

There are several teams that may have one , or even two losses that are capable of making a long run in the playoffs because they have started to gel at the right time.

I think that a team like Sealy, with all the team distractions behind them, is really starting to come back together after beating undefeated Bellville in Bellville last Friday. They could cause alot of problems for Region 4 opponents.

In Region 3, a team like Mexia or Palestine Westwood could be peaking at the right time. There are several teams that were young and have just now found thier identity. Some of them can be a dangerous opponent for the top ranked teams in the playoffs.

thatboiwes
11-05-2008, 10:53 AM
I don't see Westwood making any noise in the playoffs.

waterboy
11-05-2008, 11:12 AM
In Region 3, you may want to add Carthage to that list. They had two early losses to 4A opponents, but have absolutely annihilated every opponent since.

OldBison75
11-05-2008, 11:23 AM
I did not put Carthage on my list since I felt like they were a top tier team from the beginning. The losses to the 4A school were, maybe not totally expected, but were not shocking to me. I think they have played well all year and might be a strong playoff contender.

My picks of Mexia and Palestine Westwood were based on the preseason expectations. Both were hoping for break even years and hoping that a few breaks would give them a shot at the playoffs. Both teams have had to grow alot and have come back at the end of the year and found a way to win when they needed to.

swstangs001
11-05-2008, 12:11 PM
sweetwater has cut down on turnovers and gotten the offense going, i don't know if it would be considered peaking because theyve won alot of games, but they have gotten better in those 2 areas