PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Mustang Bowl Proposed Renovations!!!

GetRDoneStangs
11-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Coming Soon!!!!

:clap: :clap:

WylieBulldog92
11-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Coming Soon!!!!

:clap: :clap:
You tricked me!:doh:

GetRDoneStangs
11-04-2008, 05:59 PM
The complete new facility will be on the South end. The concession area will be common to both sides and each side will have his/her restrooms with lots of potties!!!:clap: :clap:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/tthomas62/frontfacingnorth.jpg

This is a top view and it shows the entrance gates as well.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/tthomas62/overhead.jpg

swstangs001
11-04-2008, 06:11 PM
The complete new facility will be on the South end. The concession area will be common to both sides and each side will have his/her restrooms with lots of potties!!!:clap: :clap:

is this for reals?

WylieBulldog92
11-04-2008, 06:14 PM

That building is kinda short!

GetRDoneStangs
11-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001
is this for reals? Yes...There is a full blown 4' X 6' made for display at the Bowl. I think it will be a Jr, High game tonite....for sur Friday nite!

garciap77
11-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Nice! I wonder if Sweetwater would share the facilities with Wylie! Just need to change a few things................................

:D

DU_stud04
11-04-2008, 06:25 PM

theyre putting trees in the cement? sweet :D
im guessing that would be the back side of this?
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/chrissig1ft.jpg

halftime should be fun with the visitor team going up the ramp and the crowd of hungry fans waiting right there for them.

are they going to use up those parking spots right infront of the bowl to help give them room for this?

garciap77
11-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
theyre putting trees in the cement? sweet :D
im guessing that would be the back side of this?

Watch out for Nobogey! He likes tress!

;)

Whaz up Hollywood?

See you at the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Facilities!

'84 Stang
11-04-2008, 06:33 PM
LOL.....yes.... trees in the Cement!!!!!!

and yes it will be in the north half of the parking lot that is right behind the current Champions sign.....lots of space was needed for this layout and to get the required number of bathrooms needed for the large capacity of The Bowl.....

STANG RED
11-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Thats certainly a vast improvement, but it does look like its gonna get a bit congested at 1/2 time. But I guess it's that way just about everywhere you go.

I'm sure gonna miss that ol pee trough though.:( ,,,,,,,,NOT;)

Stownhorse
11-04-2008, 06:37 PM
How are they gunna fit that on the south end?

STANG RED
11-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by '84 Stang
LOL.....yes.... trees in the Cement!!!!!!

and yes it will be in the north half of the parking lot that is right behind the current Champions sign.....lots of space was needed for this layout and to get the required number of bathrooms needed for the large capacity of The Bowl.....

So I guess that parking lot will be completely gone now? Will the visitor busses still park in that area?

garciap77
11-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

Are they going to have to knock Old Sweetwater Red's house down?
;)

WylieBulldog92
11-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
So I guess that parking lot will be completely gone now? Will the visitor busses still park in that area?
There was a parking lot at the stadium?

STANG RED
11-04-2008, 06:40 PM

You do realize that south is toward the school, right?
Looks like they'll use up that parking lot.

STANG RED
11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
There was a parking lot at the stadium?

It's just a very small one, between the gym and the bowl. Visitors team buses have always used it for games.

GetRDoneStangs
11-04-2008, 06:45 PM

It sure seems like a lot of that lot will be gone.

It will definately get rid of the "ugly" side of the Bowl regardless!!

That chain link fence and gates ...I won't miss them!!

Stownhorse
11-04-2008, 06:46 PM

Yea I realize that, but it looks like that would take up the whole parking lot with little room left.

Stownhorse
11-04-2008, 06:49 PM
They need to do something with th epre4s box. They need to renovate. Its pretty raw.

STANG RED
11-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Yea I realize that, but it looks like that would take up the whole parking lot with little room left.

Eh, wasnt much of a parking lot anyway, and it was rough as hell.

Stownhorse
11-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Yea but many students parked there. What are they gunna do about that?

GetRDoneStangs
11-04-2008, 06:56 PM
They need to do something with th epre4s box. They need to renovate. Its pretty raw.

True...true...

Maybe after they fix the bathrooms......they are trying to make the $ go as far as they can. Construction costs are just crazy!!!

The restrooms on the home side willl be designed to gate them for tennis as well.....I know it is not football...but it allows the facility to be used for other sports.

STANG RED
11-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Yea but many students parked there. What are they gunna do about that?

Uuuuuhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,park somewhere else I guess.:p
I think theres plenty of parking for students. Precious little babies just might have to get a little exercise for a change.:D

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Very nice! :clap:

Stownhorse
11-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Thats a good one. If I was 50.

ccmom
11-04-2008, 07:19 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great news for Sweetwater...actually for all of us! Very exciting!:)

nobogey72
11-04-2008, 07:37 PM
True...true...

Maybe after they fix the bathrooms......they are trying to make the $ go as far as they can. Construction costs are just crazy!!!

The restrooms on the home side willl be designed to gate them for tennis as well.....I know it is not football...but it allows the facility to be used for other sports.

"The restrooms on the home side will be designed to gate them for tennis as well":confused: :confused:

Ya'll play tennis in the restrooms??? I'm not the biggest tennis fan around, but I think they ought to be able to have their own court!!!! :D

GetRDoneStangs
11-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
"The restrooms on the home side will be designed to gate them for tennis as well":confused: :confused:

Ya'll play tennis in the restrooms??? I'm not the biggest tennis fan around, but I think they ought to be able to have their own court!!!! :D

No they do have their own court....it is to keep parents (who resemble you)...from peeing on the trees!!!or behind the pickup when you get a beer!

Stownhorse
11-05-2008, 02:05 PM
So what is the possibility of this actually going through?

STANG RED
11-05-2008, 02:08 PM
So what is the possibility of this actually going through?

Its a done deal. The bond election passed last year. They just finally got the design done is all. Work starts after the season is over is my understanding.

Stownhorse
11-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Oh cool, is that the same bond that the new parking lot was included in?

STANG RED
11-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh cool, is that the same bond that the new parking lot was included in?

Probobly so. I dont remember all the details now, but it was a pretty big bond election, with lots of improvements and renovations included. I think they've already replaced all the seats in the auditorium, replaced A/C units at the HS, and several other things. And an addition has been stared on the east side of the HS also.

Stownhorse
11-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Yea they are building a new Science wing right there.

nobogey72
11-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Its a done deal. The bond election passed last year. They just finally got the design done is all. Work starts after the season is over is my understanding.

Is it true that they are putting up a big Bronze statue out front like Brownwood's of Gordon Wood? I heard that the statue is going to be STANG RED peeing in the trough in the old restroom. That's just what I heard. :confused:

'84 Stang
11-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Actually we could just leave the trough in place after we knock the rest of the old Restrooms down and put the bronze there ..... kinda of out of the way but still part of the overall atmosphere of "The Bowl" experience...... we could prob sell spaces at the trough and people could have their favorite place at the "Trough" immotalized forever.....LOL...The new parking lot as well as the new HS track were not built using any Bond money - just general funds.....

nobogey72
11-06-2008, 07:44 AM
I can't wait to see it. Will construction start as soon as the playoffs are over. I know that Sweetwater gets a lot of playoff games and wondered if ya'll would wait till they're over to begin. I have seen the renditions of Wylie's upgrades but don't have a clue how to get them on here. Maybe one of Wylie's more technologically gifted posters could give me a hand. I'm pretty sure that it will be a lot nicer than ya'lls.:D

Sweetwater Red
11-06-2008, 09:21 AM
I can't wait to see it. Will construction start as soon as the playoffs are over. I know that Sweetwater gets a lot of playoff games and wondered if ya'll would wait till they're over to begin. I have seen the renditions of Wylie's upgrades but don't have a clue how to get them on here. Maybe one of Wylie's more technologically gifted posters could give me a hand. I'm pretty sure that it will be a lot nicer than ya'lls.:D

Where are they on the internet? What's the link?

STANG RED
11-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Is it true that they are putting up a big Bronze statue out front like Brownwood's of Gordon Wood? I heard that the statue is going to be STANG RED peeing in the trough in the old restroom. That's just what I heard. :confused:

Sadly the plan had to be nixed when they found out to make a bronze of such a manly figure would be very expensive and could not be fit in the budget.:(
But there is talk of a future bond election just for this purpose, so all is not lost yet.:D

rangerjoe33
11-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I haven't been to the bowl since I played in the 8th grade in SW...wasn't the north side the home stands and the west side the endzone closest to the school? It's been 20 plus years for me...

Sweetwater Red
11-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
I haven't been to the bowl since I played in the 8th grade in SW...wasn't the north side the home stands and the west side the endzone closest to the school? It's been 20 plus years for me...

Look at my signature. The top right corner is the south end. That
is where the renovations are going to take place. The south end
is the end closest to the gym and tennis courts. The bottom
left corner is the north side of the Bowl. The home side is on
the west and the visitor's side is on the east.