PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport and Decatur fans?

5wide
11-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Out of all the games played over the years....which was your favorite one or ones? Talk about impact players, weather, playoff implications ect...

slpybear the bullfan
11-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
Out of all the games played over the years....which was your favorite one or ones? Talk about impact players, weather, playoff implications ect...

Well, maybe not my favorite... but most memorable was the mudbowl. What a swamp! One of the most prolific passing offenses ever to come through Bridgeport and we have that kind of weather for the BOBs... LOL!

Bullaholic
11-04-2008, 05:14 PM
There was a game in the 80's that Bridgeport won 41-40 in the last few secs. I think Kyle Clifton was playing QB for the Bulls.

Maybe 99'? The Bulls led by about 21-0 or so at the half(lots of sick looking Eagle fans at the half), but ended up losing by 28 or so.

BullsFan
11-04-2008, 06:10 PM
For me, probably '93. It was the first time in my memory that we beat them, Henson's first year I think. How sweet that was.

Sorry, Bullaholic, but I think Kyle Clifton graduated before 1980. I'm guessing his victory was in '77 or '78.

And yes, the Mud Bowl will forever live in infamy. I was the only gal in the family dedicated enough to brave out those weather conditions...and I paid for it. I was too short to get to hold my own umbrella, so I had to depend on the two big strong guys on either side of me for protection. And they both managed to hold their umbrellas in such a way that I had water practically sheeting off them and right onto my head. I called someone at half time to come and pick me up--I could not take it anymore.

(But I'm not sure which was worse...the weather or the game.)

blaster
11-04-2008, 10:46 PM
1. 1993 wow 15-15 tie at half Bulls win 50-15

2. 2007 OT

3. Mudbowl

slpybear the bullfan
11-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
For me, probably '93. It was the first time in my memory that we beat them, Henson's first year I think. How sweet that was.

Sorry, Bullaholic, but I think Kyle Clifton graduated before 1980. I'm guessing his victory was in '77 or '78.

And yes, the Mud Bowl will forever live in infamy. I was the only gal in the family dedicated enough to brave out those weather conditions...and I paid for it. I was too short to get to hold my own umbrella, so I had to depend on the two big strong guys on either side of me for protection. And they both managed to hold their umbrellas in such a way that I had water practically sheeting off them and right onto my head. I called someone at half time to come and pick me up--I could not take it anymore.

(But I'm not sure which was worse...the weather or the game.)

It was 1978 I think.

Sorry about the umbrellas!

BullsFan
11-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
It was 1978 I think.

Sorry about the umbrellas!

I was thinking '78 but I wasn't certain. (The only thing I really knew was that it was before my time.)

And no worries about the umbrellas. I just wish that was the worst thing that happened that night...

slpybear the bullfan
11-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I was thinking '78 but I wasn't certain. (The only thing I really knew was that it was before my time.)

And no worries about the umbrellas. I just wish that was the worst thing that happened that night...

The worst thing that happened personally that night was grabbing a bite to eat with Uncle Jeff at Taco Bell. Not Fun.

My favorite game would also be the 1993 game.

5wide
11-05-2008, 12:29 AM
How about the 2000 season. Phillip D's sophmore year at Decatur. Decatur down 30-16 or something like that, in the third qtr and ended up coming back and winning 34-30. That was the second year in Story's tenure and bridgeport had basically owned Decatur for the past decade.

slpybear the bullfan
11-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by 5wide
How about the 2000 season. Phillip D's sophmore year at Decatur. Decatur down 30-16 or something like that, in the third qtr and ended up coming back and winning 34-30. That was the second year in Story's tenure and bridgeport had basically owned Decatur for the past decade.

Ummm... yeah, I didn't have that one down as my favorite game. :D

BUT... its another example of some of the crazy games this rivalry has had.

NateDawg39
11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I have to say my favorite games were 02, 03, 04 :D

Budman007
11-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Favorite Game=B.O.B.S. 2008. Will be a classic for the ages

Impact Players=The Bulls 22 starters and ace kicker

Weather=Dark and Cloudy for the Eagles

Playoff Implications=Bulls in, Eagles out

2001 will go down as my 2nd favorite game behind this year's thrashing of epic proportions.

GO BULLS!!!

slpybear the bullfan
11-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I have to say my favorite games were 02, 03, 04 :D

...ummm yeah. What I said earlier. :D

slpybear the bullfan
11-05-2008, 04:52 PM
2 days, 3 hours, 37 minutes and 54 seconds

whatdoiknow?
11-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Back in the Day.....1971 season, a group of Bridgeport kids went to Decatur and painted BHS #1 on the water tower overlooking the football field. They used paint rollers and 12 foot block letters and it looked absolutely professional. It took them almost all night and it was late enough in the week so Decatur did not have time to paint over it. So the game was played at Decatur under a painted water tower proclaiming BHS #1. Bridgeport won 13-6. Lost in the playoffs to eventual state champion Jacksboro. Win or lose, I get a huge kick out of the "Battle if Big Sandy".

slpybear the bullfan
11-07-2008, 12:12 AM
That was a new one to me about the water tower!

GO BULLS!

NateDawg39
11-07-2008, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
That was a new one to me about the water tower!

GO BULLS! I remember a certain time when I was in high school some Decatur people slaughtered a already sick cow and spread its body parts on the field of Bridgeport ;)

sportsdude
11-07-2008, 10:58 AM
bulloholic - if you like sick looking eagle fans, just wit til tonight. then you can mark 2008 on your top games list.
i'm still trying to get pumped up for the game, but its not working. its like getting pumped up for a bridgeport/hirschi game. ugh!

beat.down.

my twofavs are the mudbowl and last year's 48-44 OT game.

Send_the_House
11-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Well, if people are considering great Decatur/Bridgeport games, the two last night need to factor in there somewhere. The freshman game was incredible. That number 9 from B'port was a stud, hated to see him get injured there. Both teams played their butts off, and gave a great show to the fans. Grats to the freshman eagles and their 5-0 district championship.

The J.V. game was just as exciting, with a little less offense. The defenses on both sides played impressively well all night.

Grats to the J.V. bulls on their championship as well.

The future of B.O.B.S. is bright...

BullsFan
11-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I remember a certain time when I was in high school some Decatur people slaughtered a already sick cow and spread its body parts on the field of Bridgeport ;)

Dude. Duuuuude. I'm all about the fun pranks, but that's sick. Slaughtering an animal, no matter how sick it may be, for the sake of a high school football game prank is just plain wrong.