PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of Brent Musberger

JR2004
11-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Here's his very own thread. I'm sure he's thrilled!

Lion_Addict
11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Too dang much USC this, USC that!!! He's a pud :thmbdwn:

JR2004
11-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Too dang much USC this, USC that!!! He's a pud :thmbdwn:

Who are you a fan of?

cshscougar08
11-04-2008, 09:28 AM
He's back on my ok list after his comment during the Texas-OU game.

On the "roughing the passer" penalties on Travis Lewis:
"The best officials on the field right now folks are the Texas assistant coaches. You know that wouldn't have been called on old Stoopsy's sideline."

3afan
11-04-2008, 09:34 AM
I think Brent is still OK .....

STANG RED
11-04-2008, 09:51 AM
I think Injured has a man crush on him myself. Its been a while, but I think I remember several posts where he professed his love for him.:devil:

JR2004
11-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I think Injured has a man crush on him myself. Its been a while, but I think I remember several posts where he professed his love for him.:devil:

You know I think I remember that too! If only Injured would check in to remind us all just how much he loves watching a game Musberger is broadcasting! :)

eagles_victory
11-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
He's back on my ok list after his comment during the Texas-OU game.

On the "roughing the passer" penalties on Travis Lewis:
"The best officials on the field right now folks are the Texas assistant coaches. You know that wouldn't have been called on old Stoopsy's sideline." Guess he was wrong about that after that running into the kicker call.

cshscougar08
11-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Guess he was wrong about that after that running into the kicker call.

Yeeeeeah that was pretty weak. Not gonna lie. In Knall's defense though, he really did cramp up.

coach
11-04-2008, 01:30 PM
who do yall like then? if u dont like musberger then who do u like? obviously he is good enough to get all the great games...the same think with joe buck...i mean every commentator there is yall hate...emmit, skip bayless, musberger, joe buck...seriously who is good?

DUKE22
11-04-2008, 02:05 PM
I like Vern Lunquist I am sure I spelled that wrong, the dude just has that voice that is exciting. He has had some pretty big calls as well. Jack at the 86 masters "MAYBE, YES SIR", tiger on 16 at Augusta, and my favorite, Christian L. last second shot to beat Kentucky in 1992.

ivchris
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
douche bag

cshscougar08
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
I love Vern Lundquist as well. LOVE Gus Johnson for NCAA Basketball. Also really like Mike Patrick and Dan Shulman. Pity Shulman has to be paired with Dickie V.

3afan
11-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
douche bag

rookie, ugh :hand:

lakers
11-04-2008, 02:42 PM
I enjoy listening to Musburger, but my all time favorite is.....Keith Jackson.;)

Daddy D 11
11-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I can't stand the man.

A few years back, when Miami was playing in the National Championship game, they ran out of the tunnel and he said " Folks, here come the Florida State Seminoles."
:doh: You have almost 2 months to know that it is Miami and NOT Florida State! Plus, he just says the dumbest things during games.

Texasfootball2
11-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Musburger is a goober smoocher:D Give me Vern Lunquist, Gary Danialson, heck any ESPN crew, "anybody except Pete Carrolls girlfriend Brent".

But the best ever is and will always be Keith Jackson:2thumbsup WOW!...................................... NELLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3afan
11-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I think Ron Franklin is pretty good

JR2004
11-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by coach
who do yall like then? if u dont like musberger then who do u like? obviously he is good enough to get all the great games...the same think with joe buck...i mean every commentator there is yall hate...emmit, skip bayless, musberger, joe buck...seriously who is good?

I like Brent Musberger. :)

eagles_victory
11-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
I think Ron Franklin is pretty good Ron Fanklin is annoying you think after all these years he would call it a snap not a pass.

coach
11-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I like Brent Musberger. :)

that quote wasnt directed toward you. sorry i know it looks like it is but it was more directed to everyone on the board bc all you hear on here is complaing regardless who the commentary is

JR2004
11-04-2008, 04:33 PM
that quote wasnt directed toward you. sorry i know it looks like it is but it was more directed to everyone on the board bc all you hear on here is complaing regardless who the commentary is

I know you weren't directing that towards me. There are some broadcasters I don't care for, (Joe Morgan is at the top of that list) but Musberger isn't one of them. He's always been a favorite of mine. He's slipped some in the last several years as he's gotten older, but you can tell the man still loves his job and genuinely enjoys what he's doing.

sinton66
11-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Moosebooger ain't worth shooting.:D

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I get to use this that refs and coaches always say

If you think you can do it better than go do it :D LOL

just j/k

but it is not as easy as it seems. You have a ton of things going on at once and for TV guys they have producers in their ear spewing info 90 miles a minute.

Just ask GSquared how easy it is

pirate4state
11-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I get to use this that refs and coaches always say

If you think you can do it better than go do it :D LOL

just j/k

but it is not as easy as it seems. You have a ton of things going on at once and for TV guys they have producers in their ear spewing info 90 miles a minute.

Just ask GSquared how easy it is

I wonder if he has a license? :thinking: :D

JasperDog94
11-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by lakers
I enjoy listening to Musburger, but my all time favorite is.....Keith Jackson.;) You are a sick man.:p

JasperDog94
11-04-2008, 05:19 PM
who do yall like then? if u dont like musberger then who do u like? obviously he is good enough to get all the great games...the same think with joe buck...i mean every commentator there is yall hate...emmit, skip bayless, musberger, joe buck...seriously who is good? I like Joe Buck okay. Do you seriously like Skip Bayless?:dispntd:

Old Dog
11-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Can't stand ole Brent; I turn off the sound before I'll listen to his inance plather!

Maroon87
11-04-2008, 07:43 PM

Ron Franklin :thumbsup:

coach
11-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I like Joe Buck okay. Do you seriously like Skip Bayless?:dispntd:

no i was just using him as an ex. bc he his hated world wide

jambo67
11-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Brent is OK....Keith Jackson is the best by far. Joe Buck is the worst by far; whenever any broadcaster on any network tries to "BIG TIME" Troy Aikmam there is a problem.

JasperDog94
11-04-2008, 08:29 PM
no i was just using him as an ex. bc he his hated world wide Yeah. Ol' Skip is even despised in countries that have no access to television.:evillol:

catdaddy
11-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Dudes, you can't beat Pat Summerall.
He was always consistent and concise and left the BOOM! and POW! to Madden. He never seemed to play favorites.

I think Aikman has developed nicely with no arrogance or haughtiness that so many other talking heads have. He would jump on the Cowboys as quickly as he would any other team and he would be a guy that you could watch a game with and fit in with everyone in the room.
I prefer the guys who were actually in the league. Gifford was very good as well.

Oh and the one I absolutey abhor was Dennis "the genius idiot" Miller. Hope they fired the person that made that decision.

For other sports, Bob Costas is a total tool and praise the Lord the Gumbels have disappeared.

JR2004
11-04-2008, 09:10 PM

The college and pro broadcasts aren't too easy, but high school broadcasts are cake. I thought when I first did one that it would be difficult, but it turned out to be really easy to do.

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2008, 10:02 PM
The college and pro broadcasts aren't too easy, but high school broadcasts are cake. I thought when I first did one that it would be difficult, but it turned out to be really easy to do.

LOL :D :clap:

JR2004
11-04-2008, 10:05 PM
LOL :D :clap:

They're easy to do. Anyone can do a high school sports broadcast. It's stupid easy to do them.

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2008, 10:07 PM
They're easy to do. Anyone can do a high school sports broadcast. It's stupid easy to do them.

:clap: your killing me JR KILLING ME

Is it as easy as calling QB options with a 245 QB that runs like he is stuck in the mud?

JR2004
11-04-2008, 10:17 PM
:clap: your killing me JR KILLING ME

Is it as easy as calling QB options with a 245 QB that runs like he is stuck in the mud?

I realize you do high school broadcasts, but they're simple to do. Did them for 5+ years and never once had any problem at all doing them. The last two years was spent running an audio feed to the local cable company who had a channel that worked like a radio equivalent while also doing the tape delay simultaneously. It was cake.

What our guy calls is VERY HARD to do! Only a select few out there would make such a ridiculous call knowing it was doomed to failure. Oh well don't have to worry about that call being made anymore!

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2008, 10:21 PM
I realize you do high school broadcasts, but they're simple to do. Did them for 5+ years and never once had any problem at all doing them. The last two years was spent running an audio feed to the local cable company who had a channel that worked like a radio equivalent while also doing the tape delay simultaneously. It was cake.

What our guy calls is VERY HARD to do! Only a select few out there would make such a ridiculous call knowing it was doomed to failure. Oh well don't have to worry about that call being made anymore!

Are they easy to do technical wise? depends ont he equipment, if you have a producer running the board or a producer in the box..depends on if using a zercom or a cellcast depends on the phone line situation

Are they easy to do and sound good? I dont know, depends on the research time a broadcast team puts into each game week to week

Our set up is not easy..We run it all from the booth including the commercials..we dont get to put the headsets down and let the studio board op take over at half and in breaks we have to monitor our own sound levels and make sure we are always up and running

I have seen more people think it is easy put on the headsets and stumble than the other way around

JR2004
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
The only break I had was the 10 minutes that I let the band be heard and it was still cake to make it through a game. It's not a difficult job to do.

Txbroadcaster
11-04-2008, 10:26 PM
The only break I had was the 10 minutes that I let the band be heard and it was still cake to make it through a game. It's not a difficult job to do.

I always love the time to hear the band part