PDA

View Full Version : Vote Today !!!

3afan
11-04-2008, 06:30 AM
if you haven't already ......

no diccussions needed, just be sure and go vote today.

JR2004
11-04-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm on my way here in about 30 minutes to go get in line at the church! I'm guessing it's going to be a very high turnout. Everyone who is registered get out and do the same. It doesn't matter who you are choosing just get out there and exercise your right to make your own choice.

TigerFan51
11-04-2008, 07:23 AM
I already have. I voted during the early voting. So all you registered voters get out and vote!

wimbo_pro
11-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
So all you registered voters get out and vote!

And all of you UNregistered voters out there...no problem...YES YOU CAN!!!!

3afan
11-04-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
I ... voted during the early voting....

me too

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
me too

Me three! :D

WylieBulldog92
11-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Me three! :D
NOT ME!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
NOT ME!

That's okay, you still have today to get out there and cast your vote. :)

JR2004
11-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Got down to Valley View Church (Off Marsh Lane in far North Dallas) right before 7 and was out by 7:30. There was probably 60-70 folks waiting when I got there, but the line formed fast after me. I feel for the folks who have to go in the afternoon when the lines will be crazy! It was cool to see the mix of people out voting. I live in one of the most ethnically (as well as culturally) diverse areas in the entire state so it wasn't unexpected to see such a wide array of folks voting. It reminded me of what a great country we live in.

Hope the rest of y'all who can and want to are able to make it out there today to let your voice be heard!

charlesrixey
11-04-2008, 09:15 AM
my wife gets to vote as a resident of virignia, so her vote may actually make a difference! :) :p

jason
11-04-2008, 09:20 AM
i got to my office a little early to get our labs up and running, left here at 8, went to the place, and was back in my office by 8:15...

Pick6
11-04-2008, 10:03 AM
I voted 3 times already. You know the motto, vote early and often

Ranger Mom
11-04-2008, 10:06 AM
I dropped my niece off at school and then went to the Administration office to vote...got there at 7:10 AM.

I have lived in Greenwood since 1992 and it's the only place I have ever voted....and in all that time, today is the first time I ever had to wait in a line outside the building!

I_DONT_CARE
11-04-2008, 10:21 AM
I HAVE ON A SHIRT WITH MY FAVORITE WRITE-IN CANDIDATE'S PICTURE.

http://thisdayindisneyhistory.homestead.com/files/MickeyMouseB_W.jpg

RedWhiteBlue
11-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Man, I just got back. Thank goodness there was a senior citizen woman next to me who was getting assistance. Without all the help she was getting- it would have been scary.....:eek:

Keith7
11-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm not going to tell you guys who to vote for, but edited.....lhpm

Pick6
11-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I'm not going to tell you guys who to vote for, but edited.....lhpm

More proof your an ....nvm, don't wanna get rom'd.

Ranger Mom
11-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm not going to tell you guys who to vote for, but Be AwaRe of ReAl Critical Key issues Of Better All around Main points Again

Thank God I had already voted before reading the subliminal messages!!:eek: :eek:

pirate4state
11-04-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm not going to tell you guys who to vote for, but Be AwaRe of ReAl Critical Key issues Of Better All around Main points Again Leave it to Keith!

Phil C
11-04-2008, 12:10 PM
It is wise ot vote for the candidate that you want.

Bullaholic
11-04-2008, 12:10 PM
First thing I did this morning. God Bless America, and those who gave their lives to insure the right that I have to make a free choice.

cameron91
11-04-2008, 12:37 PM
I get off probation tomorrow..so I can't vote:( ..

RedWhiteBlue
11-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
I get off probation tomorrow..so I can't vote:( ..
It's okay, dude. I was in the pen last presidential election. It will happen again in 4 years.....:D

kepdawg
11-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't feel like voting today.

Ranger Mom
11-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I don't feel like voting today.

If you haven't voted....GO VOTE!!!:mad:

Bull19
11-04-2008, 01:08 PM
one vote really wont matter.

jason
11-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
one vote really wont matter. nope, not in texas anyways....

waterboy
11-04-2008, 01:47 PM
I went and voted this morning. When I got there at 6:55 AM the line was already out to the parking lot at the library where my precinct votes. Still, I voted and was out of there at 7:23 AM. I won't tell you who I voted for, but I will tell you this: it wasn't I'm not going to tell you guys who to vote for, but it wasn't edited.....lhpm! Hehehehe!:evillol:

mistanice
11-04-2008, 02:16 PM
wow I get extra points from my professor if we vote for a certain candidate. :eek:

Bull19
11-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
wow I get extra points from my professor if we vote for a certain candidate. :eek: thats ridiculous. is their some kind of law against something like that. cant that be classified as some type of blackmail?

Ranger Mom
11-04-2008, 02:44 PM
thats ridiculous. is their some kind of law against something like that. cant that be classified as some type of blackmail?

I agree!! That's crazy!!

Global Swarming
11-04-2008, 02:57 PM
No matter who you vote for pray. I believe in voting morals over money. Morality is something this country needs more of. Seeing how I haven't had any money for years I gave up on that lol.

Necks_Fan
11-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Doesn't really seem like mcuh of a decision to me, but I think there are too many that think differently than me for it to go my way.

rockdale80
11-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Doesn't really seem like mcuh of a decision to me, but I think there are too many that think differently than me for it to go my way.

Differently or openly?

Necks_Fan
11-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Differently or openly? PROBABLY differently... but HOPEFULLY they are just more open than the ones who agree with me. :)

AP Panther Fan
11-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
wow I get extra points from my professor if we vote for a certain candidate. :eek:

How the heck is he going to know who you voted for? Stand over your shoulder? That's crazy, but it does bring me to a question.....

I have an employee (part time college student) that called me from school today stating that he wanted a little extra time off to go and vote, so I said sure. When he came into work, I asked him how it went and he said they voted on campus. In my mind, I am thinking "what a liar"...

I have to go to a certain building that voters in my precinct go to where they have a list of all of the registered voters....Anybody else hear of voting on campus, even if you live in another county?

Keith7
11-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
How the heck is he going to know who you voted for? Stand over your shoulder? That's crazy, but it does bring me to a question.....

I have an employee (part time college student) that called me from school today stating that he wanted a little extra time off to go and vote, so I said sure. When he came into work, I asked him how it went and he said they voted on campus. In my mind, I am thinking "what a liar"...

I have to go to a certain building that voters in my precinct go to where they have a list of all of the registered voters....Anybody else hear of voting on campus, even if you live in another county?

They have a place to vote here at UNT, but I'm not real sure how they work (if students are to use them or if they are just for Denton residents. I'm registered in Cookie County so I figured I'd make it easier and just drove up there to vote today.

mistanice
11-04-2008, 06:38 PM
thats ridiculous. is their some kind of law against something like that. cant that be classified as some type of blackmail?

lol she was just kidding. She knew better.

BreckTxLonghorn
11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Do you have electronic poll machines?

That's what we have in Austin. Because of that, you can vote out of precinct; however, it's a provisional that only allows you to vote on State/Country/City elections; nothing to do with your regions or your precinct. If you have a representative you want to vote for in your area, you 'lose' the right by voting out of precinct,if that makes sense.