PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Season

kepdawg
11-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Already?

I went to a scrimmage tonight.

It seems like the year just started and now it's November!

orange machine
11-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Who cares about basketball right now. Its still Football season.;)

JR2004
11-04-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm very glad basketball season is getting started. Very high expectations this year as well as next season for us. Anything less than a state title will be considered a disappointment.

jimmyceatworld
11-04-2008, 12:47 AM
How far did y'all go last year and how many players return?

JR2004
11-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
How far did y'all go last year and how many players return?

2nd round and lost to a senior laden Princeton team that was ranked #1 at the time. Our top 8 players were all sophomores and two (Flentroy cousins) started since the first game of their freshman year.

We got a few players in from Spruce as well that give us quite a bit of height for a 3A school. I'd say that talent-wise this is the best team we've had since the 2000 team that lost in the 4A state final to Denton Ryan. This group isn't as good as the 97 state champion, but then again that was the best 3A basketball team of all-time.

jimmyceatworld
11-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
2nd round and lost to a senior laden Princeton team that was ranked #1 at the time. Our top 8 players were all sophomores and two (Flentroy cousins) started since the first game of their freshman year.

We got a few players in from Spruce as well that give us quite a bit of height for a 3A school. I'd say that talent-wise this is the best team we've had since the 2000 team that lost in the 4A state final to Denton Ryan. This group isn't as good as the 97 state champion, but then again that was the best 3A basketball team of all-time.

WOW 8 sophomores!?! I think we had 6 seniors last year but only 2 stepped on the court (both starters). We've got pretty decent height. We'll start a 6'5'' and a 6'2'' at the post spots. Last year we lost a close one in the 3rd round. I'm thinking we'll probably go 3 deep again this year.

JR2004
11-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
WOW 8 sophomores!?! I think we had 6 seniors last year but only 2 stepped on the court (both starters). We've got pretty decent height. We'll start a 6'5'' and a 6'2'' at the post spots. Last year we lost a close one in the 3rd round. I'm thinking we'll probably go 3 deep again this year.

I'll be keeping up with y'all this season. EV and Coach told me about them a couple of weeks back. EV talked more at length and he sounds pretty pumped about the Eagles this year!

Our team was just so young last year. The last time we had a sophomore dominated varsity was 1998 and that's the group that lost in the 2000 4A Final. The kid we got up north from Detroit last year turned out to be a really, really good post player. He was a pleasant surprise. I'm glad we have him and the others sophomores for two more years. They did well in fall league. We beat Woodrow and their 7'1" center from Africa and two forwards from The Netherlands and we beat Adamson and their 7 footer.. We also beat Carter which was nice since they have the best team in Dallas this year.

kepdawg
11-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey JR, you pay any attention to DISD girls? I saw that Lincoln's star is out indefinitely with a knee injury. Had surgery on Tuesday.

All out CAT
11-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Who cares about basketball right now. Its still Football season.;)

brownwood

Troybuilt
11-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by All out CAT
brownwood

Brownwood will shock the district in Basketball this year.

nobogey72
11-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt

OK!!! Here we go again. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Troybuilt
11-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
OK!!! Here we go again. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bogey i'll give you the big guys. I just dont see that anyone can handle our quickness.

Sweetwater Red
11-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Nobody in 2-3A needs to brag about their basketball team.
Trust me.

Sorry Kep and JR2004.:dispntd:

navscanmaster
11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Navasota should be tough again. They return all but last years point guard. But since all the starters are on the football team, it might be awhile before they get rolling. Calhoun is back at post (6'7" Jr.) with Pratt (6'2" Sr.), Stokes (5'10" Sr.), Jackson (6'2" Sr.), and Gates (6'2" Jr.) most likely being the starting lineup. Lipscomb and Lamascus are the only two I know of for sure that will be coming off the bench. Maybe venemousTat2 can fill us in some more.

Snydertigersrul
11-06-2008, 10:46 PM

Maybe. They can start practice on Monday.

JR2004
11-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Hey JR, you pay any attention to DISD girls? I saw that Lincoln's star is out indefinitely with a knee injury. Had surgery on Tuesday.

I try to keep up with them as best as is possible. Hayden is really good. I would imagine though that it won't kill Lincoln since they got some really good players from Spruce and they had more than enough talent without them.

catgut
11-07-2008, 07:14 AM
I look for Paris to win 10 3A in their first year in the district. We've won 11 4A for the past 3 years and have most of our team back this year. We lost two outstanding players last year but lot of talent coming back.
Unfortunately, most of them play football so we might be late getting it going.

TinyTim
11-07-2008, 09:08 AM

Please go easy on us.

TinyTim
11-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by TinyTim
Please go easy on us. :nerd:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

venomous tat2
11-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Navasota should be tough again. They return all but last years point guard. But since all the starters are on the football team, it might be awhile before they get rolling. Calhoun is back at post (6'7" Jr.) with Pratt (6'2" Sr.), Stokes (5'10" Sr.), Jackson (6'2" Sr.), and Gates (6'2" Jr.) most likely being the starting lineup. Lipscomb and Lamascus are the only two I know of for sure that will be coming off the bench. Maybe venemousTat2 can fill us in some more.

Make that 2 sr guards gone and Pratt will be attending L S U in Jan . Lipscomb will not be with us as well but we will still be ok .

Johnny Utah
11-07-2008, 10:24 AM
I know the former Nav coach very well, the one that won state in 90. He said Nav has a legit shot! Good luck.

mwynn05
11-07-2008, 10:27 AM
BOYS

Hardin-Jefferson

Burkburnett

S.A. Houston

Argyle

L. Estacado

Silsbee

West Oso

Dallas Madison

Mexia

Brownfield

C. Ranchview

D. Roosevelt

Crockett

Sweeny

Bullard

Glen Rose

Gatesville

Princeton

Navasota

L. Hudson

GIRLS

L. Estacado

Argyle

Diboll

West Oso

Lubbock Cooper

D. Roosevelt

S.A. Houston

Bullard

Levelland

Princeton

Navasota

Abl. Wylie

Canton

China Spring

Liberty Eylau

Lytle

Fairfield

Hidalgo

Orangefield

Mt. Vernon

Johnny Utah
11-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Watch out for Burkburnett and Estacado in region 1!! Would be one heck of a final to watch if they can get by Brownfield and new entries to region 1....LH, Fred, Wimberley district. Tough, tough tough region!

mwynn05
11-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Watch out for Burkburnett and Estacado in region 1!! Would be one heck of a final to watch if they can get by Brownfield and new entries to region 1....LH, Fred, Wimberley district. Tough, tough tough region! ill tell ya how good burk is in a couple weeks

jason
11-07-2008, 01:59 PM
BRING ON MARCH MADNESS......

mwynn05
11-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by jason
BRING ON MARCH MADNESS...... High School boys start a week from tuesday...first scrimmage is monday

Johnny Utah
11-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Tell the legend who is one heck of a golfer as well, that I said hello!!! Fairfield can play with Burk!

mwynn05
11-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Tell the legend who is one heck of a golfer as well, that I said hello!!! Fairfield can play with Burk! Fairfield isn;t playin burk...shoot me a pm ill fill you in

Johnny Utah
11-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Got ya. Ponder, Peaster or Krum???

mwynn05
11-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Got ya. Ponder, Peaster or Krum??? clean your pm's

duckpluck
11-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Just a reminder. Liberty Hill is not just a football school. They have one heck of a basketball program as well.
They have done very well in basketball playoffs for the past 4 or 5 years. This year should be no exception.

Johnny Utah
11-07-2008, 05:04 PM
I do believe I mentioned them in Region 1 their duckbill boy! Very well coached and they may have the BEST SUPERINTENDENT IN THE WORLD!