PDA

View Full Version : Phil C... Sinton vs Hondo

SintonFan
11-17-2002, 01:46 AM
What can I say? I understand why 30-3A had alil difficulty with 29-3A. Hondo had WO size and speed. I missed the first few minutes of the game waiting on a friend at the entrance. Here goes...

Sinton scored on the 3rd play from scrimmage. They got the 2. 8-0. HHS when I got to see them was at the Sinton 35. 2 plays and a few yards and it was 3rd down. They ran a nice play up the middle for about 30 for a touchdown. Tried to go for two and Sinton stopped them. Score 8-6. Next Sinton drive we decided to hold a couple of times. Hehe, Sinton was forced to punt. HHS got the ball back and went a few yards, aided by
a penalty from Sinton. Sinton got it back and again played but couldn't. (PM me to understand this). Hondo got the ball back and Sinton stopped them after a 1st down or 2. Here it gets a little sketchy(PM me also for this, too). In the 2nd quarter, we scored 21 unanswered points on 'points off turnovers and such'. 29-6 at the half. 2nd half, we take our opening drive right down the field and score. 36-6. Hondo tries a few times the rest of the quarter but to no avail. 36-6 after 3. In the fourth, we lose some intensity and Hondo marches about 50 yards, but no score. We seem to jell when it's only important :mad: . We score with about 1:15 left in the game (after the team decided they should go and kill the clock). I'm proud of our team, but things looked somewhat 'out of sinc'.
Of course I could be wrong.
Good luck to Hondo next year, your team fought really hard. Yall never did quit. You've got a bright future! :)

sinfan75
11-17-2002, 10:26 AM
Don't know what it is but every year in the first play-off game(almost)Pirates get a ton of penalties.I saw Hondo holdin Quite a few times.Let me rephrase that-TACKLIN!!I don't think they ever got one holdin call.I know there were some calls Sinton deserved,but refs need to let the kids play instead of throwin a flag damn near every play!

pirate4state
11-17-2002, 11:39 AM
Yeah, we had approx. 134 yards on penalties to their 24 yards!! Seems like everytime we touched the ball or where in proximity to a Hondo player (or looked at them the wrong way) the ref threw a flag. I hope the ref's are better in Weslaco. Good Luck. Everyone have a safe trip.

spirate_9
11-17-2002, 12:15 PM
http://mas.scripps.com/CCCT/2002/11/17/p-6pirates1117_e.jpg

Sinton vs. Hondo

Sinton94
11-17-2002, 01:41 PM
Hondo won the flip and brought their own ref's from the Austin area. We'll never see them again. 15 penalties to there 4. The worst was the pass interference. We had 130 yards in penalties to their 95 total yards in offense. That's just ref's trying to even playing field, but it didn't work. See everyone in the valley next week......drive safe.