PDA

View Full Version : Monahans vs. Greenwood

ForeverALobo
11-03-2008, 03:07 PM
This game was kind of lost to all the madness happening over in district 2-3a but should be a great matchup. I believe Monahans will play like they have all year and get the job done. My prediction: Monahans 35 Greenwood 17
What is everyone else's opinion?

Ranger Mom
11-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by ForeverALobo
This game was kind of lost to all the madness happening over in district 2-3a but should be a great matchup. I believe Monahans will play like they have all year and get the job done. My prediction: Monahans 35 Greenwood 17
What is everyone else's opinion?

I make it a rule not to predict a score for my team....especially on down years!!

I'm just glad we made the playoffs!:D

You gonna be in Greenwood for the game?

ForeverALobo
11-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Wish I could but no I can't get away from Lubbock Friday to come down. It should be a good one though both teams have really come on strong especially these last few games.

rangerfan2009
11-03-2008, 07:53 PM
well.......i talked to a friend and her boy is on the team and from what she said greenwoods running back is highly doubtful for this game

popcorn screen
11-03-2008, 07:54 PM
both these teams will lose in the first round

rangerfan2009
11-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen

strongly disagree........

rangerfan2009
11-03-2008, 08:13 PM

to be honest with you.....greenwood may go 2 maybe 3 deep

they play pecos or clint then sweetwater or snyder

Ranger Mom
11-03-2008, 08:40 PM
As much as I love the Rangers....round 1 might be "doable"....I just do not see us getting past round 2!

If our running back is out....we may not get out of round 1.

popcorn screen
11-03-2008, 08:42 PM
oops, I forgot they well play schools west of them and north of them. Yes, they will win until they play schools from east of them. Apologies

rangerfan2009
11-03-2008, 08:44 PM
oops, I forgot they well play schools west of them and north of them. Yes, they will win until they play schools from east of them. Apologies

yes in know.....its just so hard to compete with the speed when you hardly have any to begin with

rangerfan2009
11-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
As much as I love the Rangers....round 1 might be "doable"....I just do not see us getting past round 2!

If our running back is out....we may not get out of round 1.

even though i hate saying one person is a team........and one person isnt dont get me wrong

but losing him would not onlt hurt the gameplan..........the teams morale.....if he doesnt i believe that we will be in for a long 2 weeks

Tres Lobos
11-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Should be a great game. These two teams always play each other hard no matter the records. I predict monahans 28-14

WTF-82
11-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by rangerfan2009
even though i hate saying one person is a team........and one person isnt dont get me wrong

but losing him would not onlt hurt the gameplan..........the teams morale.....if he doesnt i believe that we will be in for a long 2 weeks

What happen to the RB from Greenwood

ForeverALobo
11-03-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm excited for this one should be a great game. I wish I could be there to watch but i'm stuck in Lubbock this weekend but it's not all bad I get to watch Tech take on OSU. Monahans I believe as I said earlier will do what they've done all season. I'm anxious to see if the Greenwood RB is out what kind of affect it will have on the team. If this is true that he is out I believe the defense of Monahans will dominate even more especially there big nasties up front with 81 and 66

WTF-82
11-03-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm excited for this one should be a great game. I wish I could be there to watch but i'm stuck in Lubbock this weekend but it's not all bad I get to watch Tech take on OSU. Monahans I believe as I said earlier will do what they've done all season. I'm anxious to see if the Greenwood RB is out what kind of affect it will have on the team. If this is true that he is out I believe the defense of Monahans will dominate even more especially there big nasties up front with 81 and 66

Is Monahans 81 back and healthy had some knee problems. Have you heard anything. I do know Lobo starting Corner is out the one who picked one for 6 last week he is out for the year.

ForeverALobo
11-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Is Monahans 81 back and healthy had some knee problems. Have you heard anything. I do know Lobo starting Corner is out the one who picked one for 6 last week he is out for the year.

I believe he played last week and had a pretty good game from what I heard. Hopefully he can stay healthy because they will need this kid come playoff time. Lucky for the loboes he is only a junior. I also heard about the corner breaking his leg if i'm not mistaken. Tough luck for this kid he was one of their playmakers in the secondary. He is a junior also I believe so hopefully he can bounce back and play good for them next year.

ForeverALobo
11-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Just wondering who all was going to make it out to this game? Is it in Monahans or Greenwood?

WTF-82
11-04-2008, 12:01 AM
I will be there

justlikesports
11-04-2008, 08:50 AM
I will be at the game. GO LOBOES!

Ranger Mom
11-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Just wondering who all was going to make it out to this game? Is it in Monahans or Greenwood?

It's in Greenwood.

I haven't heard that Williams is out. I heard he bruised his knee, but was expected to play. Who knows?!?

Justlikesports and myself will be meeting up somewhere at halftime....probably at the fence in front of the visitor concession stand (at the east end of the field) if anybody else wants to meet us there!!

Could be a long halftime...it's parents night!!:p

I_DONT_CARE
11-04-2008, 10:12 AM
if anybody else wants to meet us there!!
I WISH I COULD BE THERE RANGER MOTHER. :crying:

Ranger Mom
11-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
I WISH I COULD BE THERE RANGER MOTHER. :crying:

Well come on down!!:)

westtxfballfan
11-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Me and WestTx, Jr. will be there.

rangerfan2009
11-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
What happen to the RB from Greenwood

the rumour is he has a banged up knee

rangerfan2009
11-04-2008, 08:04 PM
besides the Greenwoods RB being hurt they are healthier than they have been all year......

this is going to be a closer game then everyone expects maybe even a upset........so if your able to come to this game i would come

wtfootball
11-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Maybe an upset?
Loboe 28 points?

Are you guys ok, have you been asleep the past 9 weeks.
Loboes have improved each week, good observation that they lost good players but seem to have another ready to step up. I would be suprised if Monhans punts more than twice the entire game, but they might as I expect backups will be playing in the 4th quarter. I will be extremely suprised if Monahans scores less than 40 points, if they want to. If it starts to get out of hand, the coach will show class as he always does and play backups. The fans call the defense bend but don't break, they might give up a first down here and there but when needed, they step up. If you watch the games, you can't call one or two numbers as the key players. This is without a doubt a team defense although I'll admit the two mentioned bring it every week, they have two huge tackles, very quick defensive backs, they are loaded. The offense can beat you with multiple running backs, QB can throw on the run as good as anyone in 3A, Offensive line and backs block better each week. Some of the receivers have really started to step up. I have much respect for the Greenwood program but not this year, it is a rebuilding year for them and a deep playoff run for the green monsters. Monahans in a blowout in Midland, Texas where Monahans will collect the first of many gold footballs.

My question is who does Monahans get second round. First round should be Pecos or Clint as described above but then who?

rangerfan2009
11-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball Maybe an upset?Loboe 28 points?Are you guys ok, have you been asleep the past 9 weeks.Loboes have improved each week, good observation that they lost good players but seem to have another ready to step up._ I would be suprised if Monhans punts more than twice the entire game, but they might as I expect backups will be playing in the 4th quarter._ I will be extremely suprised if Monahans scores less than 40 points, if they want to._ If it starts to get out of hand, the coach will show class as he always does and play backups._ The fans call the defense bend but don't break, they might give up a first down here and there but when needed, they step up. haha did you watch the andrews monahans game???monahans didnt really put points on the board until in the fourth quarter......until the fourth it was 13-3...........greenwood was up 28-0 by the second quarter........and yes "until" district monahans has beat up on some weak teams........besides lamsea who has monahans beat up on in district and by 40 points???no one.......your under estimating a good greenwood ranger team......just as everyone one has all year......but.....im not going to say anything else......well see how good monahans really is after friday

every other game besides lamesa monahans has been challenged in this district

Ranger Mom
11-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
Maybe an upset?
Loboe 28 points?

Loboes have improved each week, good observation that they lost good players but seem to have another ready to step up. I would be suprised if Monhans punts more than twice the entire game, but they might as I expect backups will be playing in the 4th quarter. I will be extremely suprised if Monahans scores less than 40 points, if they want to. If it starts to get out of hand, the coach will show class as he always does and play backups. The fans call the defense bend but don't break, they might give up a first down here and there but when needed, they step up. If you watch the games, you can't call one or two numbers as the key players. This is without a doubt a team defense although I'll admit the two mentioned bring it every week, they have two huge tackles, very quick defensive backs, they are loaded. The offense can beat you with multiple running backs, QB can throw on the run as good as anyone in 3A, Offensive line and backs block better each week. Some of the receivers have really started to step up. I have much respect for the Greenwood program but not this year, it is a rebuilding year for them and a deep playoff run for the green monsters. Monahans in a blowout in Midland, Texas where Monahans will collect the first of many gold footballs.

My question is who does Monahans get second round. First round should be Pecos or Clint as described above but then who?

More than likely Sweetwater or Snyder.....depending on what happens this week.

If Monahans wins, they will get the No 1. seed...right??

I believe Sweetwater is the No. 1 seed.

If Snyder wins against Brownood, they are in...if Brownwood wins and Breckenridge beats Graham, then Brownwood is in.

If Brownwood wins and Graham wins...then Graham is in.

Or at least that is what I THINK I have read.

So....Monahans would play Snyder, Brownwood or Graham...depending on what happens Friday night!!:crazy1: :crazy1:

Tres Lobos
11-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Monahans has been challenged by everyone in this district, but andrews also went all out against monahans. By the time they got to yall the next week they were all burned out. Also seminole is a very underrated team in the state, folks better watch out for them come playoff time. But greenwood is not bad but i still do not think they can stay on the field with monahans, should be 14 to 21 pt victory for monahans.

Also if monahans wins than they get the loser out of clint or pecos, and in the second round they get the 3rd place team out of district 2

wtfootball
11-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the info, Snyder or Sweetwater, I'm liking that. As I said in my post, I respect the Greenwood program but I have gone to a Greenwood game and gone to every Monahans game, they don't match up. Don't count points. As I also said Monahans doesn't run up scores, don't want to be ranked, don't want any attention, just at the end of the day, want a basket full of gold footballs. Should be a good one. If the team stays focused, it will end the season 9-1 playing it's best ball rolling into the playoffs.

Tres Lobos
11-04-2008, 11:54 PM
I think it'll come down to Snyder graham or brownwood, i'm pretty sure sweetwater already has the 2nd spot wrapped up

Ranger Mom
11-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
I think it'll come down to Snyder graham or brownwood, i'm pretty sure sweetwater already has the 2nd spot wrapped up

They do...I tried to explain it as best I could in my above post!!!:D

WTF-82
11-05-2008, 12:07 AM
+Well I also have seen both play many times I do think Monahans if they play great football can win big but Greenwood will come to play this game is always close those Ranger kids will be up for this game at home trust me. Even the year Greenwood went to the state finals played Monahans for district title and Rangers won but game was close they just had an awesome defense that year Loboes could not get it going enough to win the game. This game is always close. Also the Lobo Offense is not designed to score 40+ points every friday as against Andrews sorry to tell you but Monahans still dominated the game even with Andrews playing there best game of the year. But I will say this one thing that does concern me is the offense that Greenwood runs like Sweetwater it is hard to defend lots of discipline and keys are needed to be succesful which is why Sweetwater was so succesfal first half. Greenwood could cause some problems whith this offense and if are successful could cause Lobo offense to spend more time in the sideline than before. But I do believe with games against tough Lakeview,Seminole,Sweetwater, and Mid Christian will be key to prepare the Loboes in this game and in Playoffs. Rangers the Loboes will come to play Loboes 28-13.

ForeverALobo
11-05-2008, 01:23 AM
Maybe an upset?
Loboe 28 points?

Now I'm orginally from Monahans and will go for them every game and will support them in my posts but there is a difference in defending your team and being ignorant about your team and their opposition. I do believe the Loboes are a great team on both sides of the ball but the Rangers have prooved year in and year out that they are not a team that is to be taken lightly even in their so called "rebuilding years." Next time you decide to so called "defend" your team think before you type.

justlikesports
11-05-2008, 01:25 AM
I thought in the beginning of the season that it would come down to this game. The Monahans/Greenwood rivalry is always intense and now that it is back to being a district game, makes it even more so. This game could go either way, but I am picking the Loboes. Good Luck to both teams and may this game be injury free for both schools. GO GREEN!

ForeverALobo
11-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Monahans has been challenged by everyone in this district, but andrews also went all out against monahans. By the time they got to yall the next week they were all burned out. Also seminole is a very underrated team in the state, folks better watch out for them come playoff time. But greenwood is not bad but i still do not think they can stay on the field with monahans, should be 14 to 21 pt victory for monahans.

Also if monahans wins than they get the loser out of clint or pecos, and in the second round they get the 3rd place team out of district 2

I attended the Andrews game and from what I saw I do believe I agree with you in that Andrews gave Monahans there best shot. I do not know if they were burned out by the time they got to the Rangers the next week but I do believe the game against Monahans took a little of their confidence away. Greenwood also contributed to this by playing flawless on both sides of the ball from what I heard. I believe as I've said in previous posts that this will be a very good battle between to great west texas teams. Go Loboes!

One more thing Tres Lobos I was going to ask you do you know if the DE Owens from Monahans will play this game or be held out for the playoffs? Did not know if the knee would be an issue in this game or not?

wtfootball
11-05-2008, 07:41 AM
I haven't seen Greenwood since opening week. From listening to all of you, maybe they have gotten that much better. I don't think the team will take Greenwood or any other opponent lightly. I guess we will see how good both teams are in about three days.
p.s. I thought real hard before I typed this. Hope it helps.

Green by 21

Tres Lobos
11-05-2008, 09:07 AM
One more thing Tres Lobos I was going to ask you do you know if the DE Owens from Monahans will play this game or be held out for the playoffs? Did not know if the knee would be an issue in this game or not?

Ya he'll be playing in this game. He started and played like normal against Brownfield, so he should be good to go in this game

Ranger Mom
11-05-2008, 09:52 AM
I haven't seen Greenwood since opening week. From listening to all of you, maybe they have gotten that much better. I don't think the team will take Greenwood or any other opponent lightly. I guess we will see how good both teams are in about three days.
p.s. I thought real hard before I typed this. Hope it helps.

Green by 21

They have gotten better...will it be enough?? We will know Friday!!

I am just tickled we made the playoffs after reading the DCTF projections that had us coming in 5th!!:D :D

teetle
11-05-2008, 10:51 AM
That Lobo defense will hold Greenwoody scoreless. That Defensive Cord. has got there number. I don't know of anyone that can beat the Lobos this year.:D :D :eek:

Ranger Mom
11-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by teetle
That Lobo defense will hold Greenwoody scoreless. That Defensive Cord. has got there number. I don't know of anyone that can beat the Lobos this year.:D :D :eek:

Oh really?? I wasn't aware they were undefeated!!:eek: ;)

Tres Lobos
11-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Both teams should be fired up come friday

ForeverALobo
11-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Both teams should be fired up come friday

I agree both coaches will have their teams fired up and it will be a good battle. Now who will Greenwood have in the first round if they go in to the playoffs as the #3 Seed from district 3-3A?

Tres Lobos
11-05-2008, 02:27 PM
I agree both coaches will have their teams fired up and it will be a good battle. Now who will Greenwood have in the first round if they go in to the playoffs as the #3 Seed from district 3-3A?

If greenwood goes into the playoffs as the #3 seed than they would play the winner out of Pecos and Clint, because Ft. Stockton will go D1 out of that district

teetle
11-05-2008, 02:29 PM
I am sorry Ranger Mom, I meant for the rest of the year.

ForeverALobo
11-05-2008, 02:33 PM
If greenwood goes into the playoffs as the #3 seed than they would play the winner out of Pecos and Clint, because Ft. Stockton will go D1 out of that district

Thanks Tres, Greenwood should get by those teams with relative ease but you never know in the playoffs anything could happen. Are you going to be making it out to the game Friday in Greenwood?

Sweetwater Red
11-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh really?? I wasn't aware they were undefeated!!:eek: ;)

They're not!:evillol:

Tres Lobos
11-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks Tres, Greenwood should get by those teams with relative ease but you never know in the playoffs anything could happen. Are you going to be making it out to the game Friday in Greenwood?

Ya it gets crazy sometimes in the playoffs. Ya i'll be there to support the loboes, what bout you?

Ranger Mom
11-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
They're not!:evillol:

Yeah..I knew who had beat them.....that was just my usual "ranger orneriness" (that MUST be a word because the spell check took it!!) shining through!!!:D :D

rangerfan2009
11-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Now I'm orginally from Monahans and will go for them every game and will support them in my posts but there is a difference in defending your team and being ignorant about your team and their opposition. I do believe the Loboes are a great team on both sides of the ball but the Rangers have prooved year in and year out that they are not a team that is to be taken lightly even in their so called "rebuilding years." Next time you decide to so called "defend" your team think before you type.

haha being ignorant??

i would like you to tell me how i was being ignorant??

ForeverALobo
11-05-2008, 10:11 PM
I wasn't directing my post towards you so I actually don't know how you were being ignorant because I never said you were. I actually said that wtfootball was.

And Tres no I won't be able to make it to this game I have to work this weekend but hopefully I'll be able to make it to some playoff games.

wtfootball
11-06-2008, 08:03 AM
I now realize I am ignorant because my opinion disagreed with foreveraloboe. I am so slow it took me a while but now i understaned. Have to go now and try to tie my shoes.

ForeverALobo
11-06-2008, 09:58 AM
I now realize I am ignorant because my opinion disagreed with foreveraloboe. I am so slow it took me a while but now i understaned. Have to go now and try to tie my shoes.

Well actually I really do not care if you agree with me or not about anything it does not hurt my feelings if you don't ever agree. The reason I called you ignorant is because you took an opponent, in this case Greenwood, and gave them no respect when they have proved year in and year out that they are a good football team. I meant no disrespect to you I just simply meant by this that you should never take an opponent lightly.

wtfootball
11-06-2008, 01:04 PM
I agree with that 100%. You should never take any opponent lightly, never know what may happen until you line up and play. Enought of that, just get your green shirt on and get ready for some football.

ForeverALobo
11-06-2008, 01:11 PM
I agree enough with all that nonsense. Good Luck this Friday Loboes.

tex_male
11-07-2008, 09:38 PM
14 - 14 Half

ForeverALobo
11-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Sounds like a good one in Greenwood. Wish I could have gone.

tex_male
11-07-2008, 10:58 PM
14 - 14 end of 4th

tex_male
11-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Greenwood wins 21 -14 overtime

westtxfballfan
11-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Congrats to Greenwood. They hung in there all game and played their best late in the game and in the OT. They've grown up and gotten better as the season has progressed.

Monahans jumped out to their 14-0 lead and then seemed to lose intensity. They, unfortunately, actually looked like they haven't improved much from earlier in the year. I've seen them a few times, and they have yet to play a full game. They seem to take a half off or at least a quarter, and just don't seem to have a whole lot of fire for stretches of games. (The O more so than the D.) When they're on, they are really tough to stop; but they're only "on" for about 24 minutes a game. That'll get them through a 1st round game against a really weak Clint or Pecos team, and get them embarassed in round 2.

Ranger Mom
11-08-2008, 12:06 AM
WOW!! What a game!!

I didn't give the Rangers enough credit...they dug deep and did what the needed to do!!

It was nice seeing justlikesports again and was nice to finally meet WTF82!!

DaHop72
11-08-2008, 12:16 AM
WOW!! What a game!!

I didn't give the Rangers enough credit...they dug deep and did what the needed to do!!

It was nice seeing justlikesports again and was nice to finally meet WTF82!! CONGRATS RANGERS!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ccmom
11-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Woohoo!! Congrats Rangers!:clap: :clap:

44INAROW
11-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Way to go Rangers :clap: :clap: :clap: sounds like yet another good game tonight...... :)

tex_male
11-08-2008, 04:23 AM
From Odessa American

http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/greenwood_2817___article.html/monahans_yards.html

Football: Greenwood beats Monahans in overtime
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
November 8, 2008 - 12:39AM
BY GEOFF FOLSOM

GREENWOOD Monahans quarterback Quincy Titus was stopped 2 yards shy of the goal line on fourth down Friday, as Greenwood held on for a 21-14 overtime victory at J.M. King Memorial Stadium.

The victory gave the Rangers (6-4 overall, 4-1 District 3-3A) a share of the district title with the Loboes and Seminole. All three had already qualified for the playoffs.

Moments earlier, Greenwood quarterback Blake McColloch scored his second rushing touchdown of the night to put the Rangers ahead. The 2-yard run was one of several times the senior came up big on third downs during the game.

"All year, everybody's been talking down to us," said McColloch, who completed 6-of-9 passes for 59 yards and ran for 49 yards on 16 carries. "We just said we're gonna prove everybody wrong and we did."

Despite the victory, Greenwood still receives the district's Class 3A Division II second seed because of scoring tie-breakers. The Rangers will play Pecos on Thursday at Grande Communications Stadium. Monahans, meanwhile, will travel to Clint to play the Lions on Thursday. Neither games have a time set.

Heading into the game, Monahans (8-2, 4-1) had raced through district play, and, early on, it looked like more of the same.

Stephen Neel scored to two touchdowns to give the Loboes a 14-0 second quarter lead on runs of 4 and 5 yards. Of his 78 rushing yards, 64 came in the first half.

Greenwood rallied back, answering with a 15-play, 6:30 drive that was capped off by Kinsey Williams' 1-yard run with 3:01 to play in the half. After a four-and-out for Monahans, Greenwood got the ball back on the Loboes' 32 following a 12-yard-punt from Titus. A 25-yard pass from McColloch to Brandt Cox gave the Rangers the ball at the 3. Two plays later, the quarterback took it into the end zone with 22 seconds to play before halftime.

The second half was marked by defensive stops from both teams. Monahans took the ball inside the Greenwood 20 twice, but came away empty.

Monahans slowed down Williams in the second half after the running back had 67 first half yards. He finished with 103 yards on 27 carries.

Greenwood had a chance to score after Monahans fumbled the ball at the Rangers' 13 with 7:45 to play. From there, Greenwood drove 76 yards in 16 plays to give Mark Burfeind a chance at a 28-yard field goal, but the Monahans players celebrated as the kick just missed with 11 ticks on the clock.

But the celebration was short lived, with Greenwood taking the ball to start overtime and scoring in six plays.

After losing three of its first four games of the season, Greenwood rallied, with its only district loss a 41-25 game against Seminole. Greenwood coach Steve Taylor said the Rangers are just where they want to be as they prepare for the playoffs.

"We beat as good a team as there is in this area in 3A," he said. "We've got a lot of confidence, a lot of momentum and a gold football."

Monahans coach Mickey Owens said his team won't have a long postseason with lapses like the one Friday night. The loss came despite Monahans outgaining Greenwood 316 yards to 219. Rushing made up 258 of the Loboes' yards.

"We can't sit back and pout," Owens said. "We've got to go play."

Greenwood 21, Monahans 14 (OT)

Monahans....................... 7...... 7 0 0 0 - 14

Greenwood....................... 0.... 14 0 0 7- 21

SCORING SUMMARY

First Quarter

Monahans: Stephen Neel 4 run (Ty Horton kick), 7:21.

Second Quarter

Monahans: Neel 5 run (Horton kick), 9:30.

Greenwood: Kinsey Williams 1 run (Mark Burfeind kick), 3:01.

Greenwood: Blake McColloch 1 run (Burfeind kick), :22.

Overtime

Greenwood: McColloch 2 run (Burfeind kick).

---

TEAM STATISTICS

Yardstick Monahans Greenwood

First Downs 12 15

Total Yards 316 219

Rushes-Yards 42-258 47-160

Passing Yards 58 59

Passing 4-11-0 6-10-1

Fumbles-Lost 2-1 2-0

Punts-Avg 2-21 4-35.3

Penalties-Yards 8-55 3-15

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

Rushing

Monahans: Stephen Neel 17-78, Tyson Childress 12-114, Quincy Titus 10-65, Ty Horton 2-2.

Greenwood: Kinsey Williams 27-103, Blake McColloch 16-49, Stacey Smith 2-4, Cole Barton 2-4.

Passing

Monahans: Quincy Titus 4-11-0-58.

Greenwood: Blake McColloch 6-9-1-59; Kinsey Williams 0-1-0-0.

Receiving

Monahans: Tyson Childress 1-11, Trevor Owens 1-(-3), Sean Britton 2-50.

Greenwood: Kinsey Williams 3-14, Brandt Cox 1-25, Dax Riley 1-9, Stacey Smith 1-11.

16 4ever
11-08-2008, 09:29 AM
First post folks, hopefully not the last.

Hats off to the Rangers. They played with more heart and desire than any team I've watched this year. The parents and coaches of those boys should be proud.

I guess at some point the mighty Loboes will have to figure out that just throwing that green helmet on the field doesn't equal a win.

rangerfan2009
11-08-2008, 10:59 AM
thata boy rangers!!

rangerfan2009
11-08-2008, 01:13 PM
for all those doubters........

in your face:D

WTF-82
11-09-2008, 11:14 AM
WOW!! What a game!!

It was nice seeing justlikesports again and was nice to finally meet WTF82!!

same here

WTF-82
11-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Good game glad Greenwood exposed Monahans in areas were no one has been able to they controlled the clock. Loboes touched the ball once in the 3rd and is was a dropped td pass. The Midline play killed Monahans this play is the reason Greenwood kept moving the chains in second half. It hard to defend but we got to be able to do it same as Sweetwater in first half midline was there bread and butter reason they controlled the clock also this type of offense is hurting Monahans they can defend the spread as good as anyone but running options teams is hurting them. Penalties were big killed the Loboes 8 false starts some of these the referees did not seem to understand the rule I was surprised. I also recorded the Lobo offense and as the Loboes would go back to huddle the referees were high fiving the Ranger defense patting them on back the head it was the craziest thing I have ever seen I will be sending film of this to Owens not that it matters but we dont need this kind of officiating in a varsity level district game in any district. I am not saying this is the difference because Loboes had many chances but when you see this and record it not something you like or want to see they probably did not mean anything by this but not something they need to practice as an official you got to be better than this as an offiicial. Other than that congrats Greenwood lets get ready for the playoffs.

rangerfan2009
11-09-2008, 02:03 PM
yea....about the high fives and but slappings....

i saw that going both ways..........

wtfootball
11-09-2008, 03:14 PM
You are not the only one with photos and video. Way I saw it about 80 yards in penalties.
A few examples.
1. Ref's high fiving Midland, I have every offensive and defensive series from start to finish. It was one sided.
2. 4th down greenwood, stopped 1.5 yards short, ref immediately says first down, video clearly shows the knee down almost 2 yards behind the stick as video was directly behind stick.
3. Fumble by greenwood, video of ball coming out while back was still on his feet, close up of monhans recovering, official says first down Monahans, Official from the other side runs across and says runner was down, Midland ball.

I could go on but these were the difference in the game. For those that think I am pounding on Greenwood's team, I am not or I would bring up how their linemen barked all night to simulate the quarterback so loud it could be heard in the stands or how both guards moved early consistently with no call or how every player on offense was like a statue on several occasions and still drew an illegal motion penalty. About 80+ yards in penalties, that is certainly the difference in the score. What I will say in all honesty is both teams deserve somewhat fair calls. I have watched many a game from 1A to 5A all over this great state and have never seen one called like this. If someone knows, I would be interested but did this crew happen to be from Midland? We can only hope for all 3A teams that all teams get better officiating in the playoffs. All this being said, Monahans turned it on, got up 14 - 0 and it appears some decided to coast and it cost them. Might be a good lesson for them going into the playoffs. After Clint, they will be the underdog every week and I think some folks might get a suprise. I just hope these guys can shake this off and come back strong. Good luck to Midland Greenwood and Monahans Loboes in the playoffs. I support the Monahans coaching staff to the last call. They do a great job with these boys, it appears Midland does a good job as well.
Also take nothing away from this team, Greenwood came out pumped up, it was their superbowl and it is not the kids fault that we had problems like this from the ref's. They played hard. Congratulations.

STANG RED
11-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by teetle

:thinking: Well I may know of a couple.;)

Great win Rangers! So does this make Greenwood the top seed out of that district? Is Greenwood the district champ?

Should I feel bad about getting a little snicker about the Lobo's over confindence about this game? :D

rangerfan2009
11-09-2008, 06:31 PM
greenwood is still the bottomn seed because of points

and they got a share of the title

rangerfan2009
11-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I just love how people just try to find excuses on the game just like i knew they would......

i mean did you not notice the things that didnt go Greenwoods way??

thats just ridiculous......im not even going to get into it

STANG RED
11-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by rangerfan2009
greenwood is still the bottomn seed because of points

and they got a share of the title

Points shouldnt matter if they won head to head, unless there is a 3 way tie. Did Seminole or somebody tie Monahans and Greenwood in district?

rangerfan2009
11-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Points shouldnt matter if they won head to head, unless there is a 3 way tie. Did Seminole or somebody tie Monahans and Greenwood in district?

seminole beat greenwood

rangerfan2009
11-09-2008, 06:45 PM
quote from Midland Reporter Telegram

McColloch had a message to all the Greenwood doubters out there: “You just want to say I told you so.”

wtfootball
11-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Monahans beat Seminole
Seminole beat Greenwood
Greenwood beat Monahans
Three way district title shared stinks for all. I am sure all three would rather have it settled on the field but I guess that is the rules. It is kind of like there isn't a district champ in this district.

I posted my excuses that were the truth about the Greenwood game, I now will move on, although every fan and parent should be ashamed. What is really sad is it isn't the kids fault. The greenwood group played their tails off and it's a shame this win has baggage.
The Sweetwater loss was hard to take but it was a loss, they beat Monahans. This week Monahans wasn't beaten, they were robbed.
Greenwood should match up well against Pecos but as greenwood has improved, so has Pecos so they may have more of a game than they expect but in the end, it should go Greenwood's way.

Seminole should easily make it to round 2. They are a quality program and the second best team in the district.

Monahans should be able to beat Clint and make it to round 2 as they are obviously the class of the district.

We'll have to wait and see how it shakes out but if they make it round 2 will become much more difficult for all of them. I think Monhans draws the winner of the Snyder game but none should take the first round lightly. Good luck to everyone in the West Texas area.

ForeverALobo
11-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Not trying to get anything started by saying this but I believe the refs did not cost this game. I myself did not go but heard from some people that did that the refs were pretty bad. This may have been the case but you never can say the refs cost your team a football game. From what I've heard from people and read on here Monahans had many chances to put this one away especially after going up 14-0. Sounds like some of those kids looked that scoreboard a little too much during this time and relaxed and you can never do this especially against a dangerous Greenwood team. I give all the credit in the world to Greenwood and congratulate them on a hard fought victory. This was a fair football game and both sides and the outcome was decided on the field like it should be. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Monahans beat Seminole
Seminole beat Greenwood
Greenwood beat Monahans
Three way district title shared stinks for all. I am sure all three would rather have it settled on the field but I guess that is the rules. It is kind of like there isn't a district champ in this district.

I posted my excuses that were the truth about the Greenwood game, I now will move on, although every fan and parent should be ashamed. What is really sad is it isn't the kids fault. The greenwood group played their tails off and it's a shame this win has baggage.
The Sweetwater loss was hard to take but it was a loss, they beat Monahans. This week Monahans wasn't beaten, they were robbed.
Greenwood should match up well against Pecos but as greenwood has improved, so has Pecos so they may have more of a game than they expect but in the end, it should go Greenwood's way.

Seminole should easily make it to round 2. They are a quality program and the second best team in the district.

Monahans should be able to beat Clint and make it to round 2 as they are obviously the class of the district.

We'll have to wait and see how it shakes out but if they make it round 2 will become much more difficult for all of them. I think Monhans draws the winner of the Snyder game but none should take the first round lightly. Good luck to everyone in the West Texas area.

I guess I miss more than I thought having my granddaughter at a game with me.....I didn't see ANY of that! (Not saying that it didn't happen, just missed it all!)

wtfootball
11-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Forever a loboe, you are correct. They rolled over them 14-0 and started coasting. Should have never came down to a few calls.
It is just hard to stomach and I am the first to admit I was making excuses, however nothing was fabricated and I have seen myself video people made that shows exactly what I posted. I'm not sure what we are doing when we get down on the goal line. When we lined up in shotgun on 4th and 4 for the game, I almost fainted. Of course if we had scored I would have been the first to celebrate, play calling is a lonely occupation. Seems our success rate is much higher for 4 needed yards when running the ball with quick inside handoffs, but they probably saw something in the booth indicating they were ganged up to stop the run, obviously wasn't the case as Greenwood had every receiver blanketed but you never know and have to go with your gut. Give them credit, in OT Greenwood played very well on defense. The coaching staff and every kid on that team have to realize that as a team, they have to come together now. No time for excuses, blame or anything else, it is history.
Monahans, Snyder, Sweetwater and Greenwood are all 0-0 now.
The real season begins Thursday and I can't wait. Good luck to the Rangers on Thursday, those kids played a great game.

wtfootball
11-11-2008, 07:06 PM
I do not endorse the statements below but thought I would share from the local newspaper.

"In the second quarter with a first and goal staring them smack dab in the Loboes face, the Lobo defense caused a fumble that was recovered by (Player name). The fumble was called back because both sides had possession".

"The third quarter opened with the Rangers on the 25-yard line, and right off the bat, the Loboes caused another fumble. (Player name) came out of the pile with the ball. On a questionable call, the refs gave the ball back to the Rangers on a both team had possesson call. This writer is not familiar with that call, but that is how it went."

Ranger Mom
11-12-2008, 09:49 AM
I do not endorse the statements below but thought I would share from the local newspaper.

"In the second quarter with a first and goal staring them smack dab in the Loboes face, the Lobo defense caused a fumble that was recovered by (Player name). The fumble was called back because both sides had possession".

"The third quarter opened with the Rangers on the 25-yard line, and right off the bat, the Loboes caused another fumble. (Player name) came out of the pile with the ball. On a questionable call, the refs gave the ball back to the Rangers on a both team had possesson call. This writer is not familiar with that call, but that is how it went."

What is supposed to happen if "both" teams have possession?? I guess I have never thought about it before!!

Black_Magic
11-12-2008, 09:58 AM
What is supposed to happen if "both" teams have possession?? I guess I have never thought about it before!! Unless the offense loses possesion it always stays with the offense. in the pile many things happen. the wistle blows and then one kid decides to just let go of the ball after the wistle. one guy runs out of it with the ball making it look like he recovered a fumble.:rolleyes: sour grapes.

wtfootball
11-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Or the handoff is dropped, qb bends over and lunges after it but linebacker lands on top of the ball, then comes out with the ball, newspaper reporter might have sour grapes but I have to admit that is the way it happened......twice.

The way I see it, the difference in the game was Monahans failure to punch it in the end zone in OT. If you can't run the ball between the tackles from three yards out to pound it in, you deserve to lose the game. Congratulations goes to Greenwood and their coaching staff for a very well executed well coached game. Good luck against Pecos.

teetle
11-13-2008, 09:57 AM
The officiating sucked all over the State this year. I have never seen it this bad. They worry more about sideline calls than they do on the field. I have seen some crazy dodo this year. The zebras need to realize that they are not competing. They should not deceide the outcome of a game. They are not players, they are the supporting cast.:vrycnfsd: :taunt: :weeping: :bigcry: :foul: :tongue: :flaming: :foul: