PDA

View Full Version : Hey what's with these stores?!

Phil C
11-03-2008, 02:59 PM
When gasoline prices went up they said they had to go up to cover increased costs. I can understand because gasoline went up to the $4.00 range and in some places more. I saw one item that cost 99 cents go up to $1.29 and now it is $1.50.
But now gasoline prices have come down and in some places it is even less than $2.00/gallon.
Now why haven't the prices come down yet since the costs are down?

:mad:

IHS Fan
11-03-2008, 04:30 PM
because the cost of diesel has yet to come down to a reasonable price.

Phil C
11-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
because the cost of diesel has yet to come down to a reasonable price.

Oh ok. I can understand that. Thanks IHS Fan.

Forgot my complaint for a while everyone.

Trashman
11-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Even if the price of diesel comes down, do not look for a reduction in the price of most objects in the near term. Retailers will keep the price high as long as they can, especially if they are expecting a bad Christmas shopping season.:(

Phil C
11-04-2008, 09:48 AM
This is a great focum though because you can get things cleared up such as what IHS Fan did for us.

Trashman
11-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Just to follow up: The reason diesel is higher than gasoline is because of congress. congress mandated that we go to low sulpher diesel fuel a few years ago, but they forgot to mandate how much the refiners had to produce. Hence the refiners kept producing the high sulfer content diesel for their south american and european markets which do not require the new diesel. Thus the price of low sulpher rose above the price of gas and will probably stay that way until congress mandates a quanity that does away with the artificial shortage.:(