PDA

View Full Version : Region II - Division 1

footballman
11-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Who will make their way through Reg. II in the big school division???

firstdown
11-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Prosper

footballman
11-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Prosper vs. Paris North Lamar

Carr. Ranchview vs. Alvarado

Lovejoy vs. Van

Pittsburg -- Bye

Who is the favorite here??

icu812
11-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Probably Prosper.

Can somebody tell me about Lovejoy. What type of offense do they run? Van is pretty banged up right now. I think we're down to our 3rd string rb for next week. Should be ok by Lovejoy game. Our defense and our offensive line is getting it done for us right now. That and our district isn't very strong.

JR2004
11-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Prosper should be the favorite.

Ranchview is a nice story this year, but they suffer from a lack of consistency. That's to be expected though since this is the first time they will have had a winning season as well as a trip to the playoffs.

Alvarado has a very good RB, but they also play with very little consistency. Case in point. They beat Waco Midway, (Who absolutely destroyed Ennis 56-31) but are going to be just the third place team in their own district.

I can't imagine Pittsburg making any noise this time around, but I would defer to the folks in East Texas on them.

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2008, 04:58 PM
I like Prosper. Big lines that are quick and strong and a very good QB both on the run and the throw for their spread. Makes a very dangerous team that can pound you. Alwas good for the playoffs.

headhunter
11-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Prosper has to be the favorite, but I do not know a lot about Van, can someone give us some info on what type of offensive and defense they run, what are some impressive wins this years and how their depth chart looks and what skill players they have?

kaide
11-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Prosper is probably the favorite, but Alvarado would be the dark horse. They are very inconsistent, but when they play well they are very, very good.

txkmom
11-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Pittsburg has been up and down, probably not consistent enough to contend deep into the playoffs. They have the opportunity this week to play spoiler if they beat Pleasant Grove Friday night and throw the playoff picture into even more disarray in 16-3A.

icu812
11-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
Prosper has to be the favorite, but I do not know a lot about Van, can someone give us some info on what type of offensive and defense they run, what are some impressive wins this years and how their depth chart looks and what skill players they have?

Van offensively runs both spread & power I in every game. Not one great player just pretty decent players. Defense is small but real quick. Tons of injuries acl's, mcl's, seperated shoulders you name it and that is to our best players. Early in the year I would have liked our chances at getting through this region. But now some players are going to have to step up or it'll be a quick exit. Our best win was probably against 4A Mabank then probably Palestine.

Prosper is definately the favorite.

footballman
11-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Can somebody give me a scouting report on Prosper? Was their win over Celina a fluke?

pirate4state
11-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by footballman
Can somebody give me a scouting report on Prosper? Was their win over Celina a fluke? :thinking: 33-7 isn't exactly a "fluke", IMO.

5wide
11-04-2008, 03:11 PM
I saw prosper struggle against a down decatur team. They pulled away late in the fourth. Bridgeport handled them in a high scoring affair midway through the season. Prosper is a good football team, big and physical. Strong QB and RB. Very athletic all over the field.....look for them to make a strong run deep into the playoffs.

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Prosper should be the favorite.

Alvarado has a very good RB, but they also play with very little consistency. Case in point. They beat Waco Midway, (Who absolutely destroyed Ennis 56-31) but are going to be just the third place team in their own district.

Midway was without thier stud RB Hurbert. If he had been there they would have destroyed Alvarado.

JR2004
11-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Midway was without thier stud RB Hurbert. If he had been there they would have destroyed Alvarado.

SHOULDA, WOULDA, COULDA, DIDN'T.

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2008, 09:20 PM
So you're saying that Alvarado is better than Midway and Ennis?

JR2004
11-04-2008, 09:22 PM
I said what I had to say. They didn't win.

If you want to play the SHOULDA, WOULDA, COULDA, DIDN'T game I can do that with my own team's first two games because of who we didn't have on the field. We lost just like Midway lost.

And his name is Hubert.

kaide
11-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Had Hubert played, Midway probably would have beat Alvarado. However, if you want to play that game, would Alvarado have beaten Kennedale and Kaufman with the three offensive linemen that have been out since the third week of the season or their leading tackler from last year that has been out since the Midway game?

Everyone has injuries and players who don't play - but overcoming those things is what makes teams great.

I would take a team like Alvarado that can make the playoffs with eight starters missing at least two games due to injury than a team like Midway that can't find a way to beat a school half its size without one player.

icu812
11-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Prosper vs. Paris North Lamar

Carr. Ranchview vs. Alvarado

Lovejoy vs. Van

Pittsburg -- Bye

Who is the favorite here??

If Pitt get beat tonight and LE wins Pitt will be out and LE will go big school

gatordaze
11-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Can somebody give me a scouting report on Prosper? Was their win over Celina a fluke?

Not a fluke, but I have not seen Celina less motivated for a game than they seemed that night. Combine that with a victory over Celina is a BIG deal for Prosper. I really thought that they might tear down their own goal posts after the game.

They are a quality team, but I think that they have to be really motivated to be really good. Struggling against Sanger was more about preperation and intensity than talent.