PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Texas Tech!

BreckTxLonghorn
11-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Lock this up afterwards, keep it open, I don't care. Just need to vent after that game...

I was there, home side, middle of tons of TTU fans. Nice job of doing the whole 'black out', I think it really looked cool. Never seen a student section as absolutely psyched, barring the Ohio State game at UT, than TTU. Fun fans.

Obviously the game was a sucker punch in the stomach to me. I never got nervous (remember Tech jumped out to 21-0 two years ago) until mid to late third, then something just didn't seem right. I'm proud of our defense in all honesty; they were on the field most of the night, and held one of the best (if not the best) offenses in the country in check the second half except for the end.

The real key to this whole game, though, was Tech's defense. What an amazing plan on what they forced Colt to do: Rush 3 or 4, all out intense. Challenge him to throw it deep, and take away the 8 yard pass. This is the exact opposite of what teams did all year, and Colt's strength is the short pass, so that's why we worked so well. This game, though, they had the right idea, and the front 4 did such a good job of rushing that Colt didn't have a chance to get a good throw deep. I looked at my brother (a Tech alum) at half and said " the second the 'Horns connect on a deep pass, it's a whole new game." Flaash forward to 4th quarter, and right after the 91 yard bomb the whole offense opened up. Unfortunately, too little too late.

You can gripe about refs (dunno why), injuries (scapegoat), or location (please - that's Texas' 4th true road loss in the Mack era). Bottom line is this: Texas got beat by a team that played better and wanted more, AND, at this juncture, they are a better team. Congrats on a great game Tech; please run the table now. I can barely handle a 1 point loss to a NC-worthy team. I won't be able to handle it if something happens against OSU or OU next week.

Last thing: I was pleasantly surprised by the Tech fans. Very classy in the win. Yeah they rushed the field - big whoop. I knew that was going to happen a week ago. They didn't riot or anything; they celebrated. Multiple fans shook my hand after the game to tell Texas a great game played. A few came down from their seats above us to pat us on the shoulder, tell us a great game, and wish us a safe drive back. Even the drunkards who started to yell quickly stopped when I looked at them and told them good game (this happened more than once). They looked surprised, then sorta smiled and said, "yeah, yeah it was; Helluva game, Texas". Can't beat that.

Good game Tech; take it to the Pokes.:clap: :clap:

Good game Horns: we're not done yet.

jason
11-03-2008, 11:52 AM
would tech have 'wanted it more' or 'been 'the better team at this point' if blake gideon had made that int ??

i think both teams are pretty even talent-wise and both wanted to win, im sure neither wanted it more than the other (i hate that argument, just because a team wins a game doesnt mean they wanted it more).....

if they played 10 times, would probably split 5-5....

honestly, when you look at it, tech was lucky to win (see the dropped int)....

it was a great game though....

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Other than the loss (woohoo!), it sounds like you had a great experience! I envy all who were able to be there in person.

3afan
11-03-2008, 11:58 AM
its funny when they show the crowd and there are thousands of TT fans in black whooping an hollering and then there is 1 or 2 UT fans in orange with their hands on their heads in disbelief

question - were/are TT fans tolerant/respectful of visiting fans?

themsu97
11-03-2008, 12:04 PM
it was a great game, played well by both teams... THat Whitlock is a beast for Tech... he controlled the line of scrimmage...

My only complaint is that poor Gideon dropped the int which would have sealed the deal...
but I believe that Shipley's drop of a sure TD in the first was more detrimental to the game... because then Tech would have been on their heels a little more and that would have opened the passing game... I also feel that UT went to WHittaker a little too late

Ranger Mom
11-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
its funny when they show the crowd and there are thousands of TT fans in black whooping an hollering and then there is 1 or 2 UT fans in orange with their hands on their heads in disbelief

Here is what he said in the above post:

Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn

Last thing: I was pleasantly surprised by the Tech fans. Very classy in the win. Yeah they rushed the field - big whoop. I knew that was going to happen a week ago. They didn't riot or anything; they celebrated. Multiple fans shook my hand after the game to tell Texas a great game played. A few came down from their seats above us to pat us on the shoulder, tell us a great game, and wish us a safe drive back. Even the drunkards who started to yell quickly stopped when I looked at them and told them good game (this happened more than once). They looked surprised, then sorta smiled and said, "yeah, yeah it was; Helluva game, Texas". Can't beat that.

Good game Tech; take it to the Pokes.:clap: :clap:

Good game Horns: we're not done yet.

I read a thread after the game where another Horns fan has right the opposite opinion.

I guess it just depends on who you talk to!

BreckTxLonghorn
11-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by jason
would tech have 'wanted it more' or 'been 'the better team at this point' if blake gideon had made that int ??

i think both teams are pretty even talent-wise and both wanted to win, im sure neither wanted it more than the other (i hate that argument, just because a team wins a game doesnt mean they wanted it more).....

Understand your point on the 'wanted it more', and usually I agree. I guess I don't know what other way to put it. The fans screamed louder, the team came out more psyched up, they didn't let things get to them. Texas felt lackadaisical to me, and Tech seemed the exact opposite.

True, it's hard to say that they're players truly wanted to win more than ours, but what's the best way to put our their emotion outshine ours, and how noticeable it was?

BreckTxLonghorn
11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

Yeah, we were those 2 fans. I'd almost like to watch the end of the game and see if I was on tv; three of us just sitting, shell-shocked, surrounded by cheering fans.

The only thing TTU fans did that was even remotely disrespectful, was honestly more funny than anything.

My brother (TTU alum), other brother (UT alum), my girlfriend (UT alum), and me (UT alum) walking from TTU alumni pavillion (GREAT place by the way - nice a/c, cheap beers) to our tailgating spot right next to the stadium. 10k TTU students were waiting in line to get into the stadium, and we took that path to our spot. Suddenly you hear one boo, then 3 more, then a ripple goes across and the whole section is booing....at the 3 UT fans walking. Threw my Horns up and told them to 'tuck the thumb' (works better when you're still #1 :) ). Loved it.

STANG RED
11-03-2008, 12:33 PM

I saw 2 easy ints that Tech dropped as well. One would have been an easy pick 6. So sorry but that one just wont float.
Ints are dropped in just about every game I see. Just part of the game played by humans.

RMAC
11-03-2008, 01:05 PM
There was also a dropped TD by Britton in the first where we ended up settling for a FG. Then again we got inside the 10 and shot ourselves in the foot w/ a personal foul that put as at 1st and goal on the UT 25 and we only got 3 on that as well. You can if and but all day, but when it comes down to it, Tech won that game. If we played again the Horns would have just as good of a shot as they did Saturday night. This was the first time in probably the history of ever that the Tech/UT game wasn't decided by a talent-gap that couldn't be made up for with a combination of Landry and Ditka. This really came down the execution when it mattered. Tech just happened to have the ball last. I said at the start of the week we'd either win on the last drive or lose by 2 TD's. I'm glad I was right.

Eagle 1
11-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Here's my question abut the dropped interception.
Had the texas player dropped the interception in the first quarter, just as Tech's receiver dropped the TD in the first quarter, would we still be talking about the dropped interception?
Probably not.

Both teams layed it all on the line and the better team won, and thats the bottom line.

jason
11-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I saw 2 easy ints that Tech dropped as well. One would have been an easy pick 6. So sorry but that one just wont float.
Ints are dropped in just about every game I see. Just part of the game played by humans.

the one at the end was a game winner - with no more possessions to come afterwards...

int's early in a game still give hope to the team who threw it....

Texasfootball2
11-03-2008, 01:24 PM

You can what if all you want. UT only lead for a little over a minute and if you want to "what if". Texas was lucky they weren't down 35-6 at the half. Tech squandered several opportunities in the first half leaving the game still winnable for the Horns.

Let's see::doh: :thinking: "IF" the Tech kicker had just kicked the FG that was blocked a little higher and had made it then the whole last minute would have had a different strategy to it.

Who knows whether the better team won. Tech did outplay Texas all night long though, so you got to give them some credit. One thing is for sure. This whole thing will play itself out over the next 3 ro 4 weeks and if Tech wins their next three then I would have to say they deserve it and UT had their chance. Congrats to the Red Raiders and best of Luck to the Horns the rest of the way. As long as OU doesn't get in, I'll be satisfied either way but I'm routen hard for Tech to finish it off.

JasperDog94
11-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Tech did outplay Texas all night long though, so you got to give them some credit. I don't know that I would go that far. Certainly Tech owned the first half, but Texas owned most of the second half...except for the last 1:30. Don't forget that the Texas D held Tech to 1 and only 1 offensive touchdown in the second half.

When you find yourself down in the 4th quarter, it's hard to sell the argument that you outplayed the other team all night long.

kaorder1999
11-03-2008, 01:34 PM
big time win!

Texasfootball2
11-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I don't know that I would go that far. Certainly Tech owned the first half, but Texas owned most of the second half...except for the last 1:30. Don't forget that the Texas D held Tech to 1 and only 1 offensive touchdown in the second half.

When you find yourself down in the 4th quarter, it's hard to sell the argument that you outplayed the other team all night long.

Texas got most of their points off of big plays, 91 yard bomb, Shipleys 48 yard punt return ( which there was a sure block in the back right at the point of attack that was called and then picked up), never the less UT didn't excatly wear the Tech defense down with sustain drive it down your throat type of drives. UT was seemingly having to fight much harder for their scores than Tech was. UT did finish in the red zone where as Tech did not, which is the only reason it was even close.

Look at the final stats:

First downs - TT 31 UT 18
Passing Yards TT 474 UT 294
Total Yards TT 579 UT 374
Sacks TT def 4 UT def 2
Time of Pessession TT 36:53 UT 23:07

I still say Tech outplayed Texas. I know stats are for losers but they do tell the true story in some cases.

Like I said Texas abilitily to finish when they got in the red zone along with a couple of big plays was the only reason it was close.

BreckTxLonghorn
11-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2

Sacks TT def 4 UT def 2
Time of Possession TT 36:53 UT 23:07

Those are the stats that tell it all. Tech was going to get theirs offensively. There was no question on that. But Texas needed to win TOP, which they were dominated. And allowing 4 sacks on 5 on 4 blocking is ridiculous.

buff4life
11-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Here is what he said in the above post:

I read a thread after the game where another Horns fan has right the opposite opinion.

I guess it just depends on who you talk to!

We had two very different experiences. I think it helps he was on the alumni side and I was in the Texas section right by the students...and he went straight to a tailgate after the game, i was basically standing right by the rode off the sidewalk for about an hour and a half waiting on the bus that took us to the game, we were sitting ducks for it....I could handle talking up Tech to me, but the cussin Texas and cussing at me personally was what got me...yes I know they were caught up in the emotion and say that every university has some of these idiots, but it was a majority, this game was their NC not any down the road according to their reaction, and if any people disagree, then either you weren't at the game or fell into a hole outside the stadium afterwards...

but with that being said, congrats to Tech, but a program that has been solid for a while and ranked number 5 before that game, should have reacted like they expected to win not like it was a miracle

JR2004
11-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
THat Whitlock is a beast for Tech... he controlled the line of scrimmage...

He sure is. I remember the first time he was mentioned to me by a Tech alum was last year during the Rice game that we went to watch in Lower Greenville before the MNW-SLC game last year. It was interesting to hear what the alum said about him being a Red Raider. Whitlock has a very bright future. He's well on his way to playing in the NFL eventually.

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by buff4life

but with that being said, congrats to Tech, but a program that has been solid for a while and ranked number 5 before that game, should have reacted like they expected to win not like it was a miracle
There's no excuse for idiocy. With that said, are you aware that this is the first time in 70 years that they have been 9-0 and they just beat the # 1 team (according to polls). So it's well & good to say act like you've been there before, but they haven't. Again...apologies for your bad experience. :(

hookandladder
11-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Here's my question abut the dropped interception.
Had the texas player dropped the interception in the first quarter, just as Tech's receiver dropped the TD in the first quarter, would we still be talking about the dropped interception?
Probably not.

Both teams layed it all on the line and the better team won, and thats the bottom line.

Let's put it this way, in baseball you make an error in the 1st. inning they score a run. Now your in the last inning tie ball game and the home team batting with the bases loaded, you make an error and the run scores ball game. That is the point he is referring to. Int,errors, fouls they are always going to happen, it's when they happen that really matters.

Buffgal
11-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There's no excuse for idiocy. With that said, are you aware that this is the first time in 70 years that they have been 9-0 and they just beat the # 1 team (according to polls). So it's well & good to say act like you've been there before, but they haven't. Again...apologies for your bad experience. :(

Hope Buff4life's whole weekend wasn't ruined. I did think about you and the long ride home on Sunday.

No excuses for those Tech fans. You well know that their are some at every school that don't know how to act.

With that said, I think it is very hard for UT fans or any others for that matter to understand just how big a deal this was for Tech. They are out in Lubbock, the end of the earth. You might understand this after your road trip. ESPN didn't even know where it was in Texas and even joked about it with the commentators. To have ESPN broadcast College Gameday is just every day stuff in Austin but in LBK it was a celebration in itself. For TTU to even allow the students to camp on the sidewalk in order to get into the game is unheard of in today's security society. In Austin, a sold out stadium is a normal game day occurrence, not so in LBK. It's mostly students who come except maybe in the last year since the team has been more successful. It also shows how far the students were willing to go to support the effort. The total blackout of the stadium was impressive and also shows that school spirit is alive and well on the south plains. Tech is working on managing that spirit in a positivie way but there is no way to control the whole population, just like UT cannot control every single one of its students/fans. Unfortunate but very true.

As far as acting like you've been there......They did feel almost like they had pulled off a miracle. The students and the football team were in it together. I personally haven't seen that kind of support in a long long time.

They have never been there so what you saw was just pure first time celebration of a great victory over a equally great opponent. It may be hard for you to grasp but the blackout, rush on the field and celebration also showed how much they respect the UT team. Tech fans knew they were needed by their team in this game and they sure showed up.

David beat Goliath. And that analogy can be categorized in more ways than sports.

Who know what will happen in the next games? All I know is that I have seen Coach Leach and this entire Tech team, not just Harrell/Crabtree and they are a team, in every sense of the word and the students & LBK provided all the extra momentum and intensity. Little ole Jones Stadium was going wild

Guns up, Raider Power!!!! Hope both teams continue to win. What a great statement for Texas football.

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Let's put it this way, in baseball you make an error in the 1st. inning they score a run. Now your in the last inning tie ball game and the home team batting with the bases loaded, you make an error and the run scores ball game. That is the point he is referring to. Int,errors, fouls they are always going to happen, it's when they happen that really matters.

Just ask Bill Buckner

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal

David beat Goliath. And that analogy can be categorized in more ways than sports.

I am sorry but I am tired of this analogy because it is not true.

Texas came into season with MORE questions and more spots on schedule they were supposed to lose in than TTech. This is supposed to be TTech's year thsat has been the rumbling since June.

TTech came into season with ALOT o media experts saying THEY would challenge OU for Big 12 South and not Texas.

It just seems to me TTech wants to play the role of the little underdog who slayed the Mighty dragon AND at the same time say we showed we were the better team.

Your either one or the other. You either the underdog who win a game that NO ONE thought you would( which is not true, it was down the middle by the experts who would win. ) Or your a top 10 ranked team playing at home and did what your supposed to, hold home field advantage

Buffgal
11-03-2008, 05:09 PM
My point. Trying to help someone from UT understand the level of excitement in LBK and the reason behind it. Even though the football team has the talent to win, those students did give them the total package home field advantage. Those same Tech fans felt like they had helped their team win this game.

Not any actual reference to the football team. Anybody who has followed them the last couple of years knew they would be a contender. ESPN commentators gave them plenty of credit and all knew the game would be close. But they also joked about going to Lubbock, etc. If the game would have been in Austin, they wouldn't have added those comments.

Since my daughter has been a Red Raider, I guess I just get tired of others talking crap about the school. All think she is just too smart to be way out there? Get tired of people trashing Tech and LBK> If they only knew.......

As far as your analogy of playing the underdog or proving that they are the better team. Longhorns have long shown that they are a nationally ranked team and have had the press and tshirt fans that follow them. Texas Tech & Leach was IMO treated more like a step child than an underdog in years past. Thus my comment of David and Goliath. On second thought, should have used the stepchild analogy.

Texas Tech proved that they are right up there with them and finally got some media attention. Maybe we'll start seeing a few more red/black in this area now.

RMAC
11-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
My point. Trying to help someone from UT understand the level of excitement in LBK and the reason behind it. Even though the football team has the talent to win, those students did give them the total package home field advantage. Those same Tech fans felt like they had helped their team win this game.

Not any actual reference to the football team. Anybody who has followed them the last couple of years knew they would be a contender. ESPN commentators gave them plenty of credit and all knew the game would be close. But they also joked about going to Lubbock, etc. If the game would have been in Austin, they wouldn't have added those comments.

Since my daughter has been a Red Raider, I guess I just get tired of others talking crap about the school. All think she is just too smart to be way out there? Get tired of people trashing Tech and LBK> If they only knew.......

As far as your analogy of playing the underdog or proving that they are the better team. Longhorns have long shown that they are a nationally ranked team and have had the press and tshirt fans that follow them. Texas Tech & Leach was IMO treated more like a step child than an underdog in years past. Thus my comment of David and Goliath. On second thought, should have used the stepchild analogy.

Texas Tech proved that they are right up there with them and finally got some media attention. Maybe we'll start seeing a few more red/black in this area now.

Ha, only if Wal-mart starts selling Tech stuff. . . but we know that won't happen. At least not yet. I really don't think it's worth the effort of trying to explain the atmosphere out here to anybody that's not a Tech fan. They just won't understand it. That's not a shot at you either in particular UT fans. If you think it is, get off your high horse. It's just the general concensus right now on the South Plains.

buff4life
11-03-2008, 06:58 PM
I had no problem at all with the rushing the field at the end, would it happen at Texas, maybe but they probably wouldn't allow it, that didn't bother me at all...it was after the game outside the stadium that bothered me most...

in the stadium, i loved the atmosphere, that is how all college football games should be played...and as i said in my earlier post, every university has it idiots, but they are usually in the severe minority and i'm sure they usually are at Tech, but not saturday night they were in the majority, all the hoopla after the game is ok if your promoting tech and saying we're number one and stuff to other tech fans, which about half the people were doing, its the **** texas and crap like that that embarasses all universities everywhere, the worst part is that alot of the people that were doing that definitely weren't at the game and probably don't even go to Texas Tech University...

In answer to all doubts, yes it was very obvious how emotional the fans were, they rushed the field three times before they were supposed to...but congrats to tech and congrats to all the fans who celebrated with class and showed the school spirit all universities should show and represent

Eagle 1
11-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Its not when it happens that really matters.
You have 60 minutes to play, and a lifetime to remember.

GreenMachine
11-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Bottom line is that TTU played with more INTENSITY all night long and they deserved to win the ballgame. Yes, there were clearly horrible calls by the referees, but they went both ways (I actually think more went against TTU). As for the TTU fans, they are clearly a DIFFERENT breed. :D

Eagle 1
11-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I am sorry but I am tired of this analogy because it is not true.

Texas came into season with MORE questions and more spots on schedule they were supposed to lose in than TTech. This is supposed to be TTech's year thsat has been the rumbling since June.

TTech came into season with ALOT o media experts saying THEY would challenge OU for Big 12 South and not Texas.

It just seems to me TTech wants to play the role of the little underdog who slayed the Mighty dragon AND at the same time say we showed we were the better team.

Your either one or the other. You either the underdog who win a game that NO ONE thought you would( which is not true, it was down the middle by the experts who would win. ) Or your a top 10 ranked team playing at home and did what your supposed to, hold home field advantage

Even one of the commentators said that Tech wont be Texas "little brother" anymore, at least not this year.
For years I have heard from UT fans two questions.
How many Big 12 championships does Tech have?
How many NC's does Tech have?
Now you can "down play it" if you want to, but the reality is that Tech beat the Number 1 team in the nation and have set themselves up for a possible Big 12 championship and a shot at the NC.
In doing so, they have slayed Goliath.
Just because "the eyes of Texas" is not up on you right now, dont try and rain on our parade.:clap:

popcorn screen
11-03-2008, 08:37 PM
looked like a bunch of roaches running onto the field....3 times

lakers
11-03-2008, 08:58 PM
The tents are back out this week. Students have already started camping out again...:D

Ranger Mom
11-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
looked like a bunch of roaches running onto the field....3 times

I thought it was great!! I was surprised they were able to get them off the field to continue the game.

It was crazy seeing the sidelines all around the field being packed like that!!

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Even one of the commentators said that Tech wont be Texas "little brother" anymore, at least not this year.
For years I have heard from UT fans two questions.
How many Big 12 championships does Tech have?
How many NC's does Tech have?
Now you can "down play it" if you want to, but the reality is that Tech beat the Number 1 team in the nation and have set themselves up for a possible Big 12 championship and a shot at the NC.
In doing so, they have slayed Goliath.
Just because "the eyes of Texas" is not up on you right now, dont try and rain on our parade.:clap:

Your missing my point..by playing the oh we were just little ole Tech and we pulled of a once in a lifetime miracle win THAT is playing down TTech. That kind of reasoning is what some UT fans will say, oh it was a once in a lifetime wont happend again type of game.

TTech fans should be saying nope it was not once in a lifetime, we are not little ole Tech with the funky O, we are a top ten team that beat a top team, no luck, no smoking mirrors. Instead to many are playing the David vs Goliath angle simply to bring down "big bad Texas". Act like the top NOW 2 team in the country and dont play the underdog card or it will get played back in your face because starting now you SHOULD beat the teams below you..unless OSU is going to be little ole David agianst big bad TTech a top 2 team in the nation

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2008, 10:42 PM
It really doesn't matter in my opinion if someone is tired of the analogy. I have had discussions with quite a few on here, many of them one on one. The perception and opinion by fans of other teams has been for years that Tech is not on the same level, athletically or academically (plus the "armpit of Texas" location :rolleyes: ) as "some" other Big XII Texas colleges. I have never felt that way, but whether you admit it or not, that is the perception by many.

Of the great wins I have witnessed from Tech over the years, this one ranks up there as one of the best. :clap: :clap:

NastySlot
11-03-2008, 10:46 PM
why shouldn't they be happy....it doesn't happen at tech to often as a matter a fact saturday's win i believe was the 500th in the programs history and the first time tech defeated a number one ranked opponent........they haven't been there before and what they did was no different then when some schools beat any ranked opponent...at least they had really accomplished something.

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2008, 11:02 PM
It really doesn't matter in my opinion if someone is tired of the analogy. I have had discussions with quite a few on here, many of them one on one. The perception and opinion by fans of other teams has been for years that Tech is not on the same level, athletically or academically (plus the "armpit of Texas" location :rolleyes: ) as "some" other Big XII Texas colleges. :

Yes some fans of OTHER teams have said and felt that way..but TTech fans for the most part have never felt that way UNTIL they did beat the #1 team and now are screaming the David vs Goliath angle

I really thought after the game I would see most Tech fans saying things like SEE we TOLD you we were good this year and we did what we KNEW we could do.

and I always hated the BS armpit comments

JasperDog94
11-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Its not when it happens that really matters.
You have 60 minutes to play, and a lifetime to remember. So you're saying that an error in the final seconds is the same as an error at the beginning of the game? Maybe if you're a stats guy that might be true, but you ask any athlete or coach and most would disagree with that assessment.

Just ask Bill Buckner

Exactly.

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2008, 11:07 PM
I really thought after the game I would see most Tech fans saying things like SEE we TOLD you we were good this year and we did what we KNEW we could do.
I can't answer for anyone else, but I've not said how good we are or would be. And even if I had, there was the Nebraska game and who would've believed me? Why would I rub it in anyone's face anyway? There's what.....6 or 7 of us that even post on here, compared to how many UT fans? Heck, we're not overly vocal. Next time I'll be sure & point out that we did what we thought we would.

lakers
11-03-2008, 11:11 PM

From what I saw that was the general concensus from most of the students. We knew we would put up points and the run defense would be stout like it is week in and week out. But what really shocked me was the play of the secondary (even though there were many drops by UT receivers), and I also noticed that tech took out one of their outside linebackers and replaced him with a secondary player.

The Big men up front on both sides of the ball played excellent all night and I believer they made the biggest difference in the game.

lakers
11-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I can't answer for anyone else, but I've not said how good we are or would be. And even if I had, there was the Nebraska game and who would've believed me? Why would I rub it in anyone's face anyway? There's what.....6 or 7 of us that even post on here, compared to how many UT fans? Heck, we're not overly vocal. Next time I'll be sure & point out that we did what we thought we would.

:clap: :clap:

Go LHPM!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by lakers
:clap: :clap:

Go LHPM!!!
We can always talk smack with chscougar08 before the OU game. :devil:

lakers
11-04-2008, 12:20 AM
We can always talk smack with chscougar08 before the OU game. :devil:

lets do it.... :crazy:

hookandladder
11-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
So you're saying that an error in the final seconds is the same as an error at the beginning of the game? Maybe if you're a stats guy that might be true, but you ask any athlete or coach and most would disagree with that assessment.

Exactly.

Eagle must have not played any sports where the outcome of a game can come down to the last play, I think my opinion is pretty acurate.

NastySlot
11-04-2008, 09:23 AM
game could have ended on the pick.....????? what if on the return the player would have fumbled it back to tech...never know happen a few years back with a nebraska player......and couldn't have the horns just stopped the raiders on the next play or two for the win????????? when i was playing we were told that there will be in every game two -three plays which would turn the tide of the game........they happen....tech caught a big break...all teams catch breaks....texas caught one on the no call block in the back...(thought i saw two on the play).....you guys are just setting that kid up that drop the pick...cause you know sooner or later some is going to say he ???????....which if you have ever played any sports in your life you should never say about another athlete..........esp if you played football...you remember how fast things happen in a game.

Eagle 1
11-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Eagle must have not played any sports where the outcome of a game can come down to the last play, I think my opinion is pretty acurate.

So Techs dropped touchdown in the first quarter wouldnt have had an outcome on the FINAL score of the game?
Just like I asked on the first page, had the texas player dropped the interception in the first quarter, just as Tech's receiver dropped the TD in the first quarter, would we still be talking about the dropped interception?
The answer is still no.

And yes I played hs football at Goldthwaite.
We do know about football here having won a few titles ourselves.

Eagle 1
11-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Your missing my point..by playing the oh we were just little ole Tech and we pulled of a once in a lifetime miracle win THAT is playing down TTech. That kind of reasoning is what some UT fans will say, oh it was a once in a lifetime wont happend again type of game.

TTech fans should be saying nope it was not once in a lifetime, we are not little ole Tech with the funky O, we are a top ten team that beat a top team, no luck, no smoking mirrors. Instead to many are playing the David vs Goliath angle simply to bring down "big bad Texas". Act like the top NOW 2 team in the country and dont play the underdog card or it will get played back in your face because starting now you SHOULD beat the teams below you..unless OSU is going to be little ole David agianst big bad TTech a top 2 team in the nation

I see your point clearly. Your point is to down play our victory by any angle you can since you look through those burnt orange glasses. :cool:
For years Tech has been epitomized as a team that is not even in the same league as Texas and probably rightly so. Texas has traditionally been a great program. They have slipped a few years but they have ALWAYS been the biggest school with the biggest alumni support group with the best facilities. Tech fans may get excited over a 10-1 season but at UT its expected. I realize its easy to root for a Goliath. Some choose to take the path less traveled for more substantive reasons then "they are the biggest and the best".
Texas continues to do "less with more", and Tech is starting to do "more with less", like it or not.

I seen this picture and it seems most appropriate.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4869/textechql0.jpg