PDA

View Full Version : My girlfriend

coach
11-03-2008, 12:02 AM
says football on tv is stupid...what should i do?

Sweetwater Red
11-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by coach

Dump EV.:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2008, 12:04 AM
What is a gorlfriend?

coach
11-03-2008, 12:05 AM
good one sweet water....not

piratebg
11-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Break her. My wife hated football 5 years ago. Now she has 2 fantasty teams and a jersey. :D

Sweetwater Red
11-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
What is a gorlfriend?

I think it's an analogy for goat friend. But who know's with "kids"
today. Get it????:devil:

eagles_victory
11-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Dump EV.:thinking: haha enough already... but anyways who is your gf/wife's favorite team?

RedWhiteBlue
11-03-2008, 12:10 AM
If it is pro- let her stay, just get her a tv for another part of the house. If it is college ball- dump her now!!!!!:cool:

coach
11-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
If it is pro- let her stay, just get her a tv for another part of the house. If it is college ball- dump her now!!!!!:cool:

what if its all football

eagles_victory
11-03-2008, 12:16 AM
what if its all football What do you expect from someone who lives and dies on every episode of the Hills. Probably wishes you were like Kevin (or Kyle) and would watch all those lame arse MTV dating show marathons all night.

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
What do you expect from someone who lives and dies on every episode of the Hills. Probably wishes you were like Kevin (or Kyle) and would watch all those lame arse MTV dating show marathons all night.

hmm u know the names..and know these dating marathons are on all night

HMMMM...got something to tell us?

pirate4state
11-03-2008, 12:20 AM
what if its all football

tragic

what doesn't she like about it? maybe she just doesn't understand.

eagles_victory
11-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
hmm u know the names..and know these dating marathons are on all night

HMMMM...got something to tell us? lol everytime i go hang out with them with Coach they are either watching those shows or the dvds are out laying all over the place I personally hate MTV although Hedi and Lauren look pretty good.

Trashman
11-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Looks like somebody has some choices to make!:D

Ranger Mom
11-03-2008, 12:29 AM
That was one reason my husband and I hit it off so well....MY love for football.

He and his first wife went to a Dallas Cowboys game one time...he said she read the program through the whole game, and the only time she raised her head from it was to watch the bands at halftime!!:eek:

eagles_victory
11-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That was one reason my husband and I hit it off so well....MY love for football.

He and his first wife went to a Dallas Cowboys game one time...he said she read the program through the whole game, and the only time she raised her head from it was to watch the bands at halftime!!:eek: Reminds me of when I took my gf to a high school playoff game last year she started whining about how it was too cold and made her not feel good and she wanted to go home. After about an hour we left after the 3rd. Later on I was going to CS and Lavega and she wanted to go I told her you better not even think about pulling that crap again and thankfully she didnt.

coach
11-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
tragic

what doesn't she like about it? maybe she just doesn't understand.

everything...she says its boring

Ranger Mom
11-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Reminds me of when I took my gf to a high school playoff game last year she started whining about how it was too cold and made her not feel good and she wanted to go home. After about an hour we left after the 3rd. Later on I was going to CS and Lavega and she wanted to go I told her you better not even think about pulling that crap again and thankfully she didnt.

My daughter really has no interest in football, but she knows her fiance loves it....so she either just watches it (like last nights Tech/Texas game)...or she goes and finds something else to do.

Tailback
11-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Dude sounds like a girl I would never want to be with.
If I was you she would already be gone.

eagles_victory
11-03-2008, 12:42 AM
My daughter really has no interest in football, but she knows her fiance loves it....so she either just watches it (like last nights Tech/Texas game)...or she goes and finds something else to do. how did it go with him and your husband last night? And I thought she liked football?

Ranger Mom
11-03-2008, 12:46 AM
how did it go with him and your husband last night? And I thought she liked football?

There was lots of mouthing.....Hubby and brother were going for Tech.....the rest were going for Texas. (Except me...I didn't really care!)

As far as Ashton goes.....she doesn't really NOT like it, she understands it, but it's just "whatever" with her.

She DOES like to go on road trips though....and if it's to a football game, that's fine with her too!!

She is very low maintenance!! :p

pirate4state
11-03-2008, 12:50 AM
everything...she says its boring

well...she will always fight you on Thursdays-Sunday during the fall...i'd say drop her now before you get to comfy b/c you're never gonna win all the battles and you'll find yourself at the mall on a Saturday or Sunday. RUN AWAY!

;)

Ranger Mom
11-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
well...she will always fight you on Thursdays-Sunday during the fall...i'd say drop her now before you get to comfy b/c you're never gonna win all the battles and you'll find yourself at the mall on a Saturday or Sunday. RUN AWAY!

;)

LOL!! I used to have a little wooden thingamabob that I sat on the TV every August that said, "We interrupt this marriage for High School Football!!":D

pirate4state
11-03-2008, 12:55 AM
LOL!! I used to have a little wooden thingamabob that I sat on the TV every August that said, "We interrupt this marriage for High School Football!!":D Not every female can be as cool as us! How many females do we have on this board? I think it might be time for another survey. We've had a few more join since the last one.

coach
11-03-2008, 12:59 AM
i told her im going to be a hs coah wth is going to happen when i coach?

JR2004
11-03-2008, 01:04 AM

You aren't going to be with her is what's going to happen!

Rabid Cougar
11-03-2008, 07:53 AM
What does she look like? If she is smoking hot, you may have to adapt and overcome.

3afan
11-03-2008, 08:02 AM

depends - lets see a pic :D

nobogey72
11-03-2008, 08:08 AM
1) Have you seen a Financial Statement on her parents?

2) How old are her parents?

3) Parents health issues?

PS After a few years, the fact that she doesn't like football on TV will be a good thing. That way she won't be in the same room with you when you are watching it. You can use a cell phone to call her in another part of the house to bring you beer, chips, etc.

TigerFan51
11-03-2008, 10:55 AM
I can't imagine NOT loving the game of football. It really is my most favorite sport of ALL!! As a female, I'll tell you this - either she needs to find something else to do during gametime(s) - which is what my Mom does who also hates football - or LEARN to like it!!! I guess this is how my Mom and Dad's marriage has been able to last for 67 years, so it IS possible! It's gonna be like water and oil if she doesn't compromise in some way and as we all know, water and oil DO NOT mix!!!

I can look back on things now and realize that I really should've married a football coach but oh well, hindsight is 20/20 - I'll just have to be content with going to high school games by myself as well as watching every college and NFL game that I can all by my lonesome, lol!

Bullaholic
11-03-2008, 11:00 AM

(Pssssst, coach----Take it from a married man of 38 years----this is a strong hint that says....."Take me out to dinner and a game"). If you miss the message and continue to watch multiple games on TV, you may find your pillow waiting for you on the couch. :D

pancho villa
11-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Ms Villa is my gopher during football games. She goes for my beer,chips,tacos, and what ever else I want.

trojandad
11-03-2008, 12:30 PM
stole my thunder, bull.......all i hear is a woman that wants a walk in her world for a walk in yours....if she REALLY didn't like it, i imagine she'd be lookin.....she just wants to know that she's #1 and football is 1A....

mine hates football on tv and yet after takin her to carrie underwood, she got the waiter to sit us in ft of a tv playing football replays at appleby's afterward.....2 pts....

bigwood33
11-03-2008, 12:31 PM
If you are going to be a coach, you had better marry someone who can handle being a coaches wife. They are a special breed, understanding, supportive and independent. As a coach, I can tell you that without almost unconditional support, no one could do the job. Coaching is an incredibly time consuming job and if she wants to spend time with you, she had better learn to enjoy it because if she thinks football on tv is boring, just wait until you bring home film, no audio, just plays...and sometimes cutups at that.

Silverback 04
11-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Where the heck do you hang out that you would find a woman that doesn't like football! My suggestion would be to take her to a Red River Rivalry game. If that doesn't hook her, 86 her then and there, as their is likely something seriously wrong with her genetic makeup. Next thing you know, you'll be having a passel of kids that don't play sports and that is un american.

nobogey72
11-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Where the heck do you hang out that you would find a woman that doesn't like football! My suggestion would be to take her to a Red River Rivalry game. If that doesn't hook her, 86 her then and there, as their is likely something seriously wrong with her genetic makeup. Next thing you know, you'll be having a passel of kids that don't play sports and that is un american.

I agree, BUT, I still say that it's worth looking into to see how much $ her daddy has before you dump her.:thinking:

All out CAT
11-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I agree, BUT, I still say that it's worth looking into to see how much $ her daddy has before you dump her.:thinking:

Make sure you LOOK carefully at her mother too!

eagles_victory
11-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by All out CAT
Make sure you LOOK carefully at her mother too! lol that is always a good rule to follow.

All out CAT
11-03-2008, 01:32 PM
lol that is always a good rule to follow.

Thanks! After 12 years with my wife it has worked out well. Just wish her dad would have done his part! lol

Matthew328
11-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah if you are planning on being a coach you had better drop her now because a coaches wife is a special breed...

JasperDog94
11-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Yeah if you are planning on being a coach you had better drop her now because a coaches wife is a special breed... I was thinking the same thing.

pancho villa
11-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Ms Villa is my gopher during football games. She goes for my beer,chips,tacos, and what ever else I want.

I have been married for 24 years and coach football, and my wife does not like football. She only goes to the games now cause little Pancho plays. So it can work.

westtxfballfan
11-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Get out now before you grow more attached, and update your personal ad to include "Must enjoy football on TV" this time, so it doesn't happen again.

jimmyceatworld
11-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Where the heck do you hang out that you would find a woman that doesn't like football!

If memory serves correct I believe that after relentlessly stalking her for a couple of years, she finally gave in and accepted to be his girlfriend ... ;) Just kidding Coach Brown :D

bigwood33
11-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I have been married for 24 years and coach football, and my wife does not like football. She only goes to the games now cause little Pancho plays. So it can work.

Congrats on 24 years! It's 17 for me and I will tell you a quick story on our AD. He was in his 1st year of his 1st AD job when his sister- in- law (wife's sister) planned her wedding for a Sat. in Oct. His wife, a GREAT coaches wife, told her not to expect him. The sister- in- law was offended and asked "just why not" and the wife said "because it's football season!" She has always been incredibly supportive and understanding of the time commitment. We also have an assistant whose wife makes lunch for the staff on Sat. following all road games...and she is one heck of a cook!

Pudlugger
11-04-2008, 06:53 AM
My dear wife and I marries now for 26 years both enjoy football. When we married she didn't much care about football. She liked the "costumes" and would remark on the players tushies but not much else. After a few years listening to me yelling at the tv screen over dropped passes, bad calls or long run backs she gradually picked up on the terms and rules of the game. After having a son play for 7 years she has become sort of an expert. She now discusses clock management, blitzing linebackers, prevent defenses and much more. She has become my "color" announcer and we enjoy watching games together.

I think the more time you take to explain the game, especially the rules and details of game strategy the more interesting it becomes. Also making little bets like who does the dishes or takes out the dog over various outcomes in the game is a fun thing to do. If she loves you there will be no problem. Also, what are the things she enjoys? Maybe you could start with making an effort in her direction, then bring her around to football. Good luck.:)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-04-2008, 08:13 AM
My girlfriend is hotter than yours. And she likes football, too.

zaley
11-04-2008, 02:12 PM
why doesn't she just find something else to do w/her time while your watching football?

It could be her "me" time.

pancho villa
11-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Congrats on 24 years! It's 17 for me and I will tell you a quick story on our AD. He was in his 1st year of his 1st AD job when his sister- in- law (wife's sister) planned her wedding for a Sat. in Oct. His wife, a GREAT coaches wife, told her not to expect him. The sister- in- law was offended and asked "just why not" and the wife said "because it's football season!" She has always been incredibly supportive and understanding of the time commitment. We also have an assistant whose wife makes lunch for the staff on Sat. following all road games...and she is one heck of a cook!

I told my brother he had to move his wedding or I could not come during football. He moved it and I was able to go.

rockdale80
11-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

Does he play football too? :)

nobogey72
11-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

Oh yeah??? Well I bet my wife could kick your "hot" football lovin' girlfriends a$$, and not even have to set her beer down!!:inlove:

RedWhiteBlue
11-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
My dear wife and I marries now for 26 years both enjoy football. When we married she didn't much care about football. She liked the "costumes" and would remark on the players tushies but not much else. After a few years listening to me yelling at the tv screen over dropped passes, bad calls or long run backs she gradually picked up on the terms and rules of the game. After having a son play for 7 years she has become sort of an expert. She now discusses clock management, blitzing linebackers, prevent defenses and much more. She has become my "color" announcer and we enjoy watching games together.

I think the more time you take to explain the game, especially the rules and details of game strategy the more interesting it becomes. Also making little bets like who does the dishes or takes out the dog over various outcomes in the game is a fun thing to do. If she loves you there will be no problem. Also, what are the things she enjoys? Maybe you could start with making an effort in her direction, then bring her around to football. Good luck.:)
That was awesome, great advice. :clap: :clap:

coach
11-04-2008, 04:20 PM

thanks i will keep that in mind..

coach
11-04-2008, 04:20 PM

eagles_victory
11-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
If memory serves correct I believe that after relentlessly stalking her for a couple of years, she finally gave in and accepted to be his girlfriend ... ;) Just kidding Coach Brown :D Nice Jimmy thats a beautiful post.

Texasfootball2
11-04-2008, 04:38 PM
what if its all football

In all seriousness hear is what I have to say. If it drives you crazy now and you have any serious intentions of marring this chick. The next time your frustrated with her not wanting to watch or let you watch football, :hand: STOP at that moment and multiply that excact feeling x 1000 at that moment and you will get a small glimpse of life later on "if" you decide she is the one. Dude, if football is important to you, you better do something one way or the other right now or you will only become a statistic.

RedWhiteBlue
11-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
In all seriousness hear is what I have to say. If it drives you crazy now and you have any serious intentions of marring this chick. The next time your frustrated with her not wanting to watch or let you watch football, :hand: STOP at that moment and multiply that excact feeling x 1000 at that moment and you will get a small glimpse of life later on "if" you decide she is the one. Dude, if football is important to you, you better do something one way or the other right now or you will only become a statistic.
Geez, Texas2.........
what if he ends up marrying this chick and she becomes like a football freak. Yells at the tv, wears homer colors Fridays, Saturdays, Thursdays, etc., she tackles him when there is a bonehead moment, she throws down nachos and corndogs like Bogey's wife and sometimes on Saturday their children know "mommy is watching the game, so don't bother her"???
Then he missed her..... 'the one' as you put it????:confused:

garciap77
11-04-2008, 06:26 PM

Ignore it! Keep watching the game on tv, and if she loves you she'll still be there when the game is over!

Pudlugger
11-04-2008, 06:33 PM

No problem mate. They don't call me doctor for nothing. No charge.:)

Go_Wylie2000
11-04-2008, 06:39 PM

It would depend on how I felt about her, if I thought we had a future.

If she really loved you then more and likely she should watch it even though she didn't want to.

coach
11-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
If memory serves correct I believe that after relentlessly stalking her for a couple of years, she finally gave in and accepted to be his girlfriend ... ;) Just kidding Coach Brown :D

im just curoius when you and curly joe are tying the knot

jambo67
11-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Put her to the test....drink a 12 pack of beer every day for a week straight. If she never questions or comments about your beer drinking you have a good good woman...

catdaddy
11-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, the games are usually on the weekends which, by sheer coincidence, is the perfect time for her to be washing the cars, mowing the lawn, laundry, cleaning the garage, windows, floors and painting the walls. Yep, sounds like a lot to keep her occupied while you enjoy the game...:D

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by catdaddy
Well, the games are usually on the weekends which, by sheer coincidence, is the perfect time for her to be washing the cars, mowing the lawn, laundry, cleaning the garage, windows, floors and painting the walls. Yep, sounds like a lot to keep her occupied while you enjoy the game...:D
Oh I could soooooooooooo use this! :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

catdaddy
11-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Easy! my wife has actually learned to love FB. She actually went with me to watch Stony Point and Vista Ridge last Friday in Leander...grrr baby yeah!

STANG RED
11-04-2008, 10:18 PM

Might as well dump her now and get it over with, cause after 1 season of enduring coaching hours, she'll dang sure dump you.:devil:

WTF-82
11-05-2008, 12:49 AM

My wife and first date was State Title game Midland Lee vs Weslake in 2000. I told her we were goint to Austin for the weekend she went for it. If you really want her gots to outsmart her she will break but youre gonna have to take her out to some big time High School or College games she will start liking it. My wife never liked sports till she met me we dated for a couple years then got married and sports specially Football,Basketball is what we do. Main thing show her how to have fun at games. Cedric Benson was the key for my relationship I told her this kid would go big and she liked him and he did she wanted to continue to follow him he was from our area and I had family that played with him at Lee and she just went all out now she is a freak about sprots. If you dont really want her dump her.

pancho villa
11-05-2008, 08:31 AM

One question. Does she have legs like you like them? Feet on one end and???????????? If she does keep her!

coach
11-09-2008, 03:26 AM
guess what guys..this weekend she watch the bamma lsu game and the tech game and she even went outside and played catch with me. Looks like i am finally getting her tamed. but im not out of the woods yet. so please keep praying for me and her terrible conditon. Thanks