PDA

View Full Version : Is Brownwood done?

Necks_Fan
11-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Or is there a way they could still get in?

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2008, 10:15 PM
No, yes - several threads about it.

Necks_Fan
11-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No, yes - several threads about it. Oh... sorry.

I tried to be less bothersome this wknd by not being here... so I missed most of it.

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Oh... sorry.

I tried to be less bothersome this wknd by not being here... so I missed most of it.
They have to win AND Breckenridge has to beat Graham, at least that's what I think it is. Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude, just busy with mom stuff. :)

wildstangs
11-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Brownwood is going to the playoffs....They are going to have to load up in a truck and go, but they are going.

Necks_Fan
11-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Brownwood is going to the playoffs....They are going to have to load up in a truck and go, but they are going. Breckinridge will beat Graham and Brownwood will beat Snyder?:thinking:

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Stick a fork in 'em.

ccmom
11-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Breckinridge will beat Graham and Brownwood will beat Snyder?:thinking: I'm still relatively new here. Is there a "that went right over your head" smilie?

Necks_Fan
11-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I'm still relatively new here. Is there a "that went right over your head" smilie? LOL. :doh: :doh: :doh:

No smiley... bit all I read was the Brownwood will go to the playoffs part.....
:doh: :doh:

Oh wow.... lol. I truly didn;t catch that til just now.

ccmom
11-02-2008, 10:53 PM
LOL. :doh: :doh: :doh:

No smiley... bit all I read was the Brownwood will go to the playoffs part.....
:doh: :doh:

Oh wow.... lol. I truly didn;t catch that til just now. LOL! Glad you found the humor in it!

Who-dun-it!!?
11-02-2008, 11:45 PM

Check back around 11:00 PM this friday night, your answer will be on the downlow. Hopefully the Brownwood posters will not.;)

Snydertigersrul
11-02-2008, 11:49 PM

THEY'RE DONE

:D

Trashman
11-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Check back around 11:00 PM this friday night, your answer will be on the downlow. Hopefully the Brownwood posters will not.;)

We will be here. We are just like a bad dream that keeps replaying over and over and over.:evil:

Ranger Mom
11-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?

Awwww!! I like the Brownwood posters....even Rocket!!:D

pirate4state
11-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Awwww!! I like the Brownwood posters....even Rocket!!:D Me too! They aren't nearly as bad as some of the others we have on here! :eek: :D

Ranger Mom
11-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Me too! They aren't nearly as bad as some of the others we have on here! :eek: :D

I talked to the "real Rocket" on IM's for quite awhile one night while he was on his way home from a game.

Two totally different personas....but the love for lions was ALWAYS there!!

:)

Texasfootball2
11-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Only one way the Lions get in:

Breckenridge beats Graham
Brownwood beats Snyder

This is the only way that I see because right now they are -14 points in a tie breaking situation with Synder and Graham and Graham is +10 and has already play both Snyder and Brownwood.

I think Breckenridge has a better than 50/50 chance of beating Graham, unless Graham just outscores them. I can't see them stopping Roberson to often. If McCoy gets hot, then Graham should win, but I don't think they can run the ball well enough to beat Breck. Breckenridge will be a dangerous team this Friday. They have nothing to lose and there Seniors know there playing there last game.

Having said all that, I think if BW beats Snyder they might just slip into the playoffs. Every game in this district should be very interesting and the atmosphere in all three places should be awesome.

STANG RED
11-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2

Having said all that, I think if BW beats Snyder they might just slip into the playoffs.

At which point they get very dangerous, and not someone anyone will be looking forward to playing. If they can somehow manage to stiffen up the D just a little, they get real dangerous to anyone they face. Hell their dangerous with a very weak D.

Bwoodrealist
11-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Brownwood, is for all intents and purposes, done. Our defense is the worst defense that Brownwood has fielded since 1959. Our offense, while very flashy, implodes on itself almost every game. Also, some very strange calls are coming from the coaches. Against Sweetwater, we had a fourth and inches in the Sweetwater red zone in the 4th quarter. It was do or die, we could get back in the game with a touchdown. Do we QB sneak it with our 6'5" all district QB? No, we throw an incomplete pass in the end zone ending our hopes of victory. I have never seen anything like it in all my years. The Lions are very talented this year, but have no coaching leadership to lead them to the promised land. Hoping that I am wrong and that the talent overcomes our coaching-- Beat Synder!

pirate4state
11-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Bwoodrealist
Brownwood, is for all intents and purposes, done. Our defense is the worst defense that Brownwood has fielded since 1959. Our offense, while very flashy, implodes on itself almost every game. Also, some very strange calls are coming from the coaches. Against Sweetwater, we had a fourth and inches in the Sweetwater red zone in the 4th quarter. It was do or die, we could get back in the game with a touchdown. Do we QB sneak it with our 6'5" all district QB? No, we throw an incomplete pass in the end zone ending our hopes of victory. I have never seen anything like it in all my years. The Lions are very talented this year, but have no coaching leadership to lead them to the promised land. Hoping that I am wrong and that the talent overcomes our coaching-- Beat Synder!

You have GOT to be kidding me?!? :doh: wow --- if Brownwood beats Snyder and gets into the playoffs and makes a deep run you should just stay home! :hand:

95mustang
11-03-2008, 10:26 AM

Did you not go to the game? Did you not see the resoponse from Coach Freeman when that play was ran? I don't think it was the Coach Freeman's intent on that being the play ran. If it would have been caught and the game turned out differently then you would be on here saying how wonderful he was for making such a gutsy move. Right now at this critical point of the season Brownwood Lions does not need this type of crticism. There will be time for that after the season if you feel the need!!!!!!!!!

Bullaholic
11-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Brownwood is done only if the players say they are done, and somehow with the storied tradition that Brownwood has, I don't think that is even close to the case.

IMO, I think it is appropriate to serve up that big, individual helping of fresh cooked crow to some, and I say some, of the Brownwood posters who may have been "over the top" with their claims and expectations at the start of the season. To continue to bash a great program as a whole regularly, and at every opportunity on the board just beacuse you can, smacks of kicking a badly wounded, proud opponent who is down on the field after a play.

I certainly have no right to tell anyone what they should or should not do on the board, but I hope that even the most ardent Brownwood haters will know where I am coming from and direct their barbs to individuals and not to Brownwood fans and the team in general . I wish the Lions the best of luck---win or lose, for the remainder of the season.

BwdLion_80
11-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Also, some very strange calls are coming from the coaches. Against Sweetwater, we had a fourth and inches in the Sweetwater red zone in the 4th quarter. It was do or die, we could get back in the game with a touchdown. Do we QB sneak it with our 6'5" all district QB? No, we throw an incomplete pass in the end zone ending our hopes of victory.

Do you even know what the call from the coach was on this play? The call was for a QB sneak!! It was changed on the field for some reason. The QB appeared to be going under center then backed up and took the snap and threw the ball. I guess you were to busy yelling at the coach to see what happened when the team came off the field. Coach Freeman and the QB had a talk about what happened, and I know for sure that Coach Freeman did not call for a fade into the corner of the end zone! I also bet that you are/were one of the so called "fans" that were yelling "come on Freeman" after Sweetwater broke one of their long TD runs in the 4th. The last time I checked Coach Freeman was not on the field. The coaches coach and the players play. It is still up to the players to make the plays. Remember this, just about every play is designed to score and every defense is designed to stop them from scoring. The outcome of the game depends on which group of players does their job the best! Coaches cannot go out and do it for them!

Looking4number8
11-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You have GOT to be kidding me?!? :doh: wow --- if Brownwood beats Snyder and gets into the playoffs and makes a deep run you should just stay home! :hand:

:iagree: :iagree:

ccmom
11-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Do you even know what the call from the coach was on this play? The call was for a QB sneak!! It was changed on the field for some reason. The QB appeared to be going under center then backed up and took the snap and threw the ball. I guess you were to busy yelling at the coach to see what happened when the team came off the field. Coach Freeman and the QB had a talk about what happened, and I know for sure that Coach Freeman did not call for a fade into the corner of the end zone! I also bet that you are/were one of the so called "fans" that were yelling "come on Freeman" after Sweetwater broke one of their long TD runs in the 4th. The last time I checked Coach Freeman was not on the field. The coaches coach and the players play. It is still up to the players to make the plays. Remember this, just about every play is designed to score and every defense is designed to stop them from scoring. The outcome of the game depends on which group of players does their job the best! Coaches cannot go out and do it for them! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
11-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Breckinridge will beat Graham and Brownwood will beat Snyder?:thinking:

I think so! And, then they run the table on DIV II! They have been sandbagging everyone!

P.S. And of course they are not done! I hope they make the playoffs!

Trashman
11-03-2008, 02:19 PM

:lies: :blahblah: :ack!:

BILLYFRED0000
11-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Bwood seems to have some ego issues at QB. IMHO. and the d is not what it has been for the lions. All in all still a good team and fun to watch. I look forward to seeing them in the years to come. However, it does do a body good to realize that the good 3a programs can compete at the 4a level.

Bwoodrealist
11-03-2008, 03:17 PM
You are right Bwdlion80, the coaches are not responsible for what happens on the field. Everybody knows that. When a team loses, it is solely the players fault. When we went 23-26, these last 5 years, it has all been the players' fault. Poor coaches, they just don't have any talent to work with. I mean our coaches have lead a pre-season top ranked team to a sterling 3-6 season so far. We have alot to be proud of!

RedWhiteBlue
11-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Okay, all you Lions better get your crap together- because you guys are sounding like you aren't even homers for the same team!!! :rolleyes:
Where is Rocket???:eek: :eek:

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2008, 03:25 PM
You are right Bwdlion80, the coaches are not responsible for what happens on the field. Everybody knows that. When a team loses, it is solely the players fault. When we went 23-26, these last 5 years, it has all been the players' fault. Poor coaches, they just don't have any talent to work with. I mean our coaches have lead a pre-season top ranked team to a sterling 3-6 season so far. We have alot to be proud of!
Dude...your name claims you're a realist but there's no reason to be so harsh! Maybe you should schedule a meeting with them instead of blasting them on here.

I would've sent this in pm but you don't have them turned on! :speech:

Old Green
11-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Brownwood is done only if the players say they are done, and somehow with the storied tradition that Brownwood has, I don't think that is even close to the case.

IMO, I think it is appropriate to serve up that big, individual helping of fresh cooked crow to some, and I say some, of the Brownwood posters who may have been "over the top" with their claims and expectations at the start of the season. To continue to bash a great program as a whole regularly, and at every opportunity on the board just beacuse you can, smacks of kicking a badly wounded, proud opponent who is down on the field after a play.

I certainly have no right to tell anyone what they should or should not do on the board, but I hope that even the most ardent Brownwood haters will know where I am coming from and direct their barbs to individuals and not to Brownwood fans and the team in general . I wish the Lions the best of luck---win or lose, for the remainder of the season. :iagree: :iagree: :clap: