PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M Application Question

Necks_Fan
11-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Does anybody know if Teacher/Counselor recommendation forms are available through the university, or if they are supposed to just write letters of their own.

The other universities I applied to had printable standard ones, but I can't find any for A&M.

Anybody know for sure?

Necks_Fan
11-02-2008, 10:04 PM
:confused: ???

Somebody.... anybody......:)

WylieBulldog92
11-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
:confused: ???

Somebody.... anybody......:)
You're clogging the forum.

Necks_Fan
11-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
You're clogging the forum. :rolleyes:

Pretend I'm someone else for just a second and try to be helpful.

:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2008, 10:31 PM
BBDE would be your best bet. You might send him a pm since he's not on.

When my oldest applied, the teachers wrote their own recommendation letter, but that's been 6 years ago, so things may have changed.

Necks_Fan
11-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
BBDE would be your best bet. You might send him a pm since he's not on.

When my oldest applied, the teachers wrote their own recommendation letter, but that's been 6 years ago, so things may have changed. Thanks. :)

Keith7
11-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Thanks. :)

why don't you call the admissions office.. that seems like a pretty easy solution to me

Necks_Fan
11-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
why don't you call the admissions office.. that seems like a pretty easy solution to me Well, it was a weekend and pretty late.... so that's why.

I think I found out though.

The recommendation forms are not REQUIRED, but they are optional.

I got 2 of my teachers to write up some for me, so I got it taken care of I think. :)

DU_stud04
11-03-2008, 05:05 PM

I got 2 of my teachers to write up some for me, so I got it taken care of I think. :) make sure you go through and check what they wrote.... had a teacher once write up a GREAT letter of recommendation.... but the grammar was terrible. pretty bad when I can realize it needed alot of editing

Necks_Fan
11-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
make sure you go through and check what they wrote.... had a teacher once write up a GREAT letter of recommendation.... but the grammar was terrible. pretty bad when I can realize it needed alot of editing Lol. Yea. Doesn't say much if your teacher is a total moron. :doh:

:eek:

DU_stud04
11-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Lol. Yea. Doesn't say much if your teacher is a total moron. :doh:

:eek: brilliant teacher. one of my engineering professors. terrible at english though. kinda felt bad when i went to get him to correct it....twice. hahaha