PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 South Tie Breaker ?

CueroDad08
11-02-2008, 08:23 PM
What if TT beats OSU
OU beasts TT
and then OU beasts OSU
And Texas wins out

It would be a 3 way tie for Big 12 South

TT OU and UT

Who plays Mizzo for championship?

Eagle 1
11-02-2008, 08:25 PM
In the event of a 3 way tie:
If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other.

2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division.

3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (fourth, fifth and sixth).

4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative.

6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.

7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

CueroDad08
11-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
In the event of a 3 way tie:
If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other.

2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division.

3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (fourth, fifth and sixth).

4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative.

6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.

7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

I would say it will go to the 5th step And UT will get the edge ?

Eagle 1
11-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Theres a lot of football left before any of this comes to play.

Necks_Fan
11-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
I would say it will go to the 5th step And UT will get the edge ? IF TTU loses... and OU beats TTU and OSU.... they may very well leap frog the horns for the higher ranking in the BCS with those 2 tough wins.

Daddy D 11
11-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
IF TTU loses... and OU beats TTU and OSU.... they may very well leap frog the horns for the higher ranking in the BCS with those 2 tough wins.

they might. but then again we had 2 tough wins against OU and OSU. and we have the heads up on OU.

If it somehow gets to 5, i think we win.

But techs going to lose their next 2 anyways, so this will never happen:p

mchavez
11-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
they might. but then again we had 2 tough wins against OU and OSU. and we have the heads up on OU.

If it somehow gets to 5, i think we win.

I agree Tech will lose the next two so we might not see the tie breaker

Necks_Fan
11-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
I agree Tech will lose the next two so we might not see the tie breaker They got pumped for the horns....and will come out flat against next week.

After they get brought down to earth next week, then they lose again the following week.

UT has the heads up with OU, so it's in the bag. :D

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
You're not very good at this college predicting stuff, huh? :p

NastySlot
11-02-2008, 09:26 PM
imo.....keep and eye on the cowboys from osu.

JasperDog94
11-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
imo.....keep and eye on the cowboys from osu. That would be best case scenario for Texas. If OSU wins out and OU beats Tech, then Texas would go because they beat OSU.

JR2004
11-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
imo.....keep and eye on the cowboys from osu.

Okie State has been playing some great ball this year. I don't know that they will, but I think they can beat both Tech and OU. That game they had against Missouri was a lot of fun to watch and they showed in that game as well as the UT game that playing in hostile environments have very little effect on them. They're really close to finally getting over the hump in the Big XII and they have OU at home to end the regular season. That should be a great game.