4. Texas
5. Florida

GO TECH

pirate4state
11-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Looks good to me! :clap:

mchavez
11-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Once Tech loses and Bama loses... Texas will be right up there again!

PHS Wildcats
That's where I thought Texas would end up:clap:

Once I get over this loss, I'll post my pics from the game:(

Eagle 1
Originally posted by mchavez
Or not.

pirate4state
11-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Or not. Tech's schedule is TOUGH. If they make it out, then they deserve to be #1. We'll see.....

VWG
11-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech has two huge games coming up against OSU and OU. If they can get past those two they should be in great position the rest of the way.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-02-2008, 07:56 PM
1 Alabama 0.974
2 Texas Tech 0.937
3 Penn State 0.928
4 Texas 0.853
5 Florida 0.826
6 Oklahoma 0.822
7 Southern Cal 0.755
8 Utah 0.697
9 Oklahoma St. 0.666
10 Boise St. 0.699
11 Ohio St. 0.555
12 Texas Christian 0.544
13 Georgia 0.536
14 Missouri 0.492
15 Brigham Young 0.373
16 LSU 0.371
17 Ball St. 0.356
18 Michigan St. 0.336
19 North Carolina 0.263
20 Georgia Tech 0.188
21 California 0.112
22 Florida St. 0.087
23 Maryland 0.082
24 Northwestern 0.081
25 West Virginia 0.080

3afan
11-02-2008, 07:58 PM
big game for TCU on Thursday @ Utah ... no regular TV :mad:

wildstangs
11-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Whew...Texas was worried OU was going to jump them and then back into the Big 12 Championship game. Now when Tech loses one game (I think they will, if they don't great) then Texas (assuming they win out) will be in position to play in the Big 12 Championship, and MAYBE a national championship. Hook Em!

mchavez
11-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
1 Alabama 0.974
2 Texas Tech 0.937
3 Penn State 0.928
4 Texas 0.853
5 Florida 0.826
6 Oklahoma 0.822
7 Southern Cal 0.755
8 Utah 0.697
9 Oklahoma St. 0.666
10 Boise St. 0.699
11 Ohio St. 0.555
12 Texas Christian 0.544
13 Georgia 0.536
14 Missouri 0.492
15 Brigham Young 0.373
16 LSU 0.371
17 Ball St. 0.356
18 Michigan St. 0.336
19 North Carolina 0.263
20 Georgia Tech 0.188
21 California 0.112
22 Florida St. 0.087
23 Maryland 0.082
24 Northwestern 0.081
25 West Virginia 0.080

Why does OK State have a lower % than Boise but ahead of them?

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Somebody explain (yeah right lol) this so it makes sense. I'm not real concerned with the rankings today, but in a month. I know there is a certain rank a team has to play to get into one of the elite BCS bowls. What ranks do they take? And is there any benefit other than more payola and "status"? Not MNC, but the other bowls....

Snyder_TigerFan
11-02-2008, 08:02 PM

Hmmm....didn't notice. Here is the link. Maybe it'll be corrected.

Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8749968/Texas-Tech-passes-Penn-State-in-BCS-standings)

Eagle 1
11-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Whew...Texas was worried OU was going to jump them and then back into the Big 12 Championship game. Now when Tech loses one game (I think they will, if they don't great) then Texas (assuming they win out) will be in position to play in the Big 12 Championship, and MAYBE a national championship. Hook Em!

If Tech loses one game, and Texas has only one loss, Tech would still be ahead of Texas.
Guns Up

CueroDad08
11-02-2008, 08:09 PM
1. Bama
2. TX Tech
3. Penn State
4. Texas
5. Florida

What will happen if TT beats OSU then loose to OU and OU then beats OSU.
TT, OU and UT will all end up with same record

WHO plays for Big 12 champoinship?

Anyone know what the tiebreaker will be?

sinton66
11-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Somebody explain (yeah right lol) this so it makes sense. I'm not real concerned with the rankings today, but in a month. I know there is a certain rank a team has to play to get into one of the elite BCS bowls. What ranks do they take? And is there any benefit other than more payola and "status"? Not MNC, but the other bowls....

I think only the top 10 get into a BCS bowl.

gobbler grad
11-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Penn St. should be the only undefeated team by the end of November if they can beat Mich. St @ home...and of course Fresno St. can beat Boise St.

The hell with the BCS...

Penn St. and whoever should be playing for the national championship...:thinking:

wildstangs
11-02-2008, 08:18 PM
If Tech loses one game, and Texas has only one loss, Tech would still be ahead of Texas.
Guns Up

I would bet that Tech would fall out of the top 5 if they lose.

WylieBulldog92
11-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Not only OK state but Utah too!

HM33
11-02-2008, 08:21 PM

I have to agree with this. Even though I would hate to see it. I think they would too.

Eagle 1
11-02-2008, 08:22 PM

I was saying that if Texas and Tech both have one loss, then Tech would be ahead of Texas for the Big 12 championship game, since they would have the win over Texas.
Now of course that's if Tech beats OU.

VAMike
11-02-2008, 08:25 PM
BCS rules only permit 2 teams from any BCS conference (ACC, Big 12, Big East, Big Ten, Pac-10, and SEC) in the 5 BCS games . That means some great Big XII teams will NOT be in BCS bowls

CBS' predictions
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

VAMike
11-02-2008, 08:40 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings

Boise State is actually .6529

CueroDad08
11-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by VAMike
BCS rules only permit 2 teams from any BCS conference (ACC, Big 12, Big East, Big Ten, Pac-10, and SEC) in the 5 BCS games . That means some great Big XII teams will NOT be in BCS bowls

CBS' predictions

I really cant see OU going to a bigger Bowl if UT wins out.
That would mean they would jump from 6 to 3 in BCS.

wedo
11-02-2008, 08:54 PM
I sure am glad about this BCS standing!! For one, Texas should be ahead of both Florida and Oklahoma. Florida lost at home to an unranked team, and Texas beat oklahoma. Second Tech is a great team, no doubt about. BUt the BIG 12 is just going to beat each other up this year. Luckly TExas has already gotten through the gaunlet with only 1 loss. IMO I don't see tech BEatin OKST, OK and Missouri in consecutive weeks. But if they do then they deserve to jump over PEnn st. who will go undefeated cuz they play absolutley nobody. However I do see Alabama Losing one also probably late in the SEC championship to Florida. Which every way its going to end up in another BCS mess!!

wildstangs
11-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I was saying that if Texas and Tech both have one loss, then Tech would be ahead of Texas for the Big 12 championship game, since they would have the win over Texas.
Now of course that's if Tech beats OU.

If OU beats Tech, and OSU beats OU, then you would have Texas, Tech, and OU all with one loss. In that case, the highest ranked team in the BCS standings would go to the Big 12 Championship.

Gp83
11-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Whew:doh: Could have been worse

SintonFan_inAustin
11-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Guns Up it could depend how bad the loss is, right? is the polls done by a computer figuring strength of schedule and point differentials?

this first time i've watched some college football in sevearl years.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-02-2008, 09:04 PM
maybe that computer isn't so dumb afterall. After going 0-3 this weekend, this is freakin great news!

turbostud
11-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Bama still has to play LSU and Auburn.
Tech still has to play Okie St and OU.
Penn ST. still has to play Mich St.

Its going to be a fun next few weeks in college football.

wedo
11-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Bama still has to play LSU and Auburn.
Tech still has to play Okie St and OU.
Penn ST. still has to play Mich St.

Its going to be a fun next few weeks in college football.

not only that tech still has to play missouri, and if bama wins out they have to play most likely Florida in the SEC championship game. Penn ST doesn't deserve anything they have beaten absolutley nobody and thats why TEch jumped them this week.

Txbroadcaster
11-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by wedo
not only that tech still has to play missouri, and if bama wins out they have to play most likely Florida in the SEC championship game. Penn ST doesn't deserve anything they have beaten absolutley nobody and thats why TEch jumped them this week.

Tech does NOT play Mizzou

WylieBulldog92
11-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by VAMike

CBS' predictions
I'm kind of curious about this though... what about non-bcs conferences?
Like could the MWC have two?
Or could it be Boise St. and Utah/TCU in the BCS (two of them or all three)?

wildstangs
11-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92

Typically only one non BCS conference school will get in.

wildstangs
11-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Tech does NOT play Mizzou

If they win the Big 12 South, then most likely they will.

WylieBulldog92
11-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Typically only one non BCS conference school will get in.
That's not necessarily the rule though, kinda like saying typically not every BCS conference gets two teams into the BCS bowl games.

Bull Butter
11-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Remember that BS rule about only 2 teams from a given conference getting into the BCS.

2 very good teams will be left out and headed to the Cotton, Gator or Holiday:mad:

ctownlegend
11-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Guns Up
OK State and Oklahoma will give Tech all they can handle...especially Oklahoma...they are firing on all cylinders right now...i hate to say it but if they had another shot at Texas...it would get pretty ugly for UT...oh well...THEIR TECH'S PROBLEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

HOOK'EM!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Keep it on the rankings and not past/future games!

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Keep it on the rankings and not past/future games!

uhhh that is really hard to do since everyone is trying to project what this week rankings mean for future games

pirate4state
11-03-2008, 12:26 AM
then we should just close it down? works for me!

JR2004
11-03-2008, 12:29 AM

Nice spot for the Horns. Looks like Texas will be at #2 by the end of the regular season. Penn State will be the only one ahead of them. The Gators look like the only team that could pass the Horns in the BCS.

piratebg
11-03-2008, 12:30 AM
1. Bama
2. TX Tech
3. Penn State
4. Texas
5. Florida

I like it. I was afraid Texas was gonna drop a few more spots that 4.

VAMike
11-03-2008, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92

From BCS website-

3. The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:

A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or,
B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

No more than one such team from Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, and the Western Athletic Conference shall earn an automatic berth in any year. If two or more teams from those conferences satisfy the provisions for an automatic berth, then the team with the highest finish in the final BCS Standings will receive the automatic berth, and the remaining team or teams will be in the pool of teams eligible for selection by the bowls as at-large teams.

JasperDog94
11-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
then we should just close it down? works for me! or we could just have a little fun and some interesting conversations about college football...your call:speech:

JasperDog94
11-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
The Gators look like the only team that could pass the Horns in the BCS. OUs strength of schedule will increase and the computers will start to bring Texas down due to their competition later this season.

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2008, 09:17 AM
then we should just close it down? works for me!
Me too. The standings will actually mean something in a few short weeks after all the ifs/ands/buts/unlesses/depends have been played out. ;)

JasperDog94
11-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Me too. The standings will actually mean something in a few short weeks after all the ifs/ands/buts/unlesses/depends have been played out. ;) Yeah. God forbid that we might actually discuss some of the possibilities.:eek: :eek: :eek:

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yeah. God forbid that we might actually discuss some of the possibilities.:eek: :eek: :eek:
If (some) people hadn't continued for years to act like idgits, we wouldn't be where we are today! :(

pirate4state
11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
or we could just have a little fun and some interesting conversations about college football...your call:speech: so do it, but keep it within the guidelines that have been set. :rolleyes:

PVAMU04
11-03-2008, 10:17 AM
OU is in a good spot right now in the BCS polls based on the fact that they lost early and they now have Tech who is #2 in the BCS polls still on the schedule! So is if OU wins out what keeps them from jumping Texas in the BCS polls and playing in the Big 12 championship? And maybe the national championship game if Bama can't run the table the rest of the way?

NastySlot
11-03-2008, 10:27 AM
ok state might sitting ok also....they have tech and ou.

RMAC
11-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by PVAMU04
OU is in a good spot right now in the BCS polls based on the fact that they lost early and they now have Tech who is #2 in the BCS polls still on the schedule! So is if OU wins out what keeps them from jumping Texas in the BCS polls and playing in the Big 12 championship? And maybe the national championship game if Bama can't run the table the rest of the way?

Even if OU were to win out and Tech loses to OSU as well, UT still gets in as they have the head to head. Going to the final season BCS Polls is like the 6th of 7 steps for the Big XII when determining a champion in the event of a 3-way tie. The tie-breaker for the Big XII was posted on another thread earlier, but I don't remember which one. Now, if Tech beats OSU and loses to OU, then it will go to the final BCS poll. I hate that. I really feel that all of the big 4 in the South are BCS worthy this year, but too bad 2 of them will end up in the Cotton, Gator and/or Holiday. Oklahoma losing to UT so early in the year really helped them out.

Eagle 1
11-03-2008, 10:46 AM
The fact that Texas only dropped to number 4 shows that Tech was not an overrated team as some have suggested.
I also hope that Tech stays at number 2 for the rest of the year, however I believe that Tech will win out and will void all of this talk of a 3 way tie.
I'm glad the ut fans believe that the toughest part of their schedule is over.
BTW, when was the last time that Texas beat A&M?:)
Guns Up!

gatordaze
11-03-2008, 10:51 AM
The fact that Texas only dropped to number 4 shows that Tech was not an overrated team as some have suggested.
I also hope that Tech stays at number 2 for the rest of the year, however I believe that Tech will win out and will void all of this talk of a 3 way tie.
I'm glad the ut fans believe that the toughest part of their schedule is over.
BTW, when was the last time that Texas beat A&M?:)
Guns Up!

My hope is that MSU can beat PSU. That way the winner of the SEC plays the winner of the Big 12! If that cannot happen I hope that UF plays USC in the Rose or Texas in the Sugar. Either of those games will be better than SEC/BIG 12 v. PSU!

Go Gators

Texasfootball2
11-03-2008, 10:55 AM
OUs strength of schedule will increase and the computers will start to bring Texas down due to their competition later this season.

I was kind of wandering about this also. UT's schedule has Baylor, A&M, and Kansas left. Two of the three will weaken their strength of schedule. OU has Tech, Ok St, and A&M, two of which will strengthen their schedule. Their not that big of a margin between the two, and Florida's schedule will also continue to strengthen. If the computer really takes this into consideration, it's very possible that OU would have to lose one of it's last three games to allow UT a shot at the Big 12 championship game. Tech holds it's own destiny and I know that nobody is giving them a chance to win out, but it won't surprise me.

lynard_skynard
11-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Depending on who beats Tech, and somebody will, there could be a three way tie in the Big 12 south. Do they go off of points to see who goes to the championship?

Daddy D 11
11-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I was kind of wandering about this also. UT's schedule has Baylor, A&M, and Kansas left. Two of the three will weaken their strength of schedule. OU has Tech, Ok St, and A&M, two of which will strengthen their schedule. Their not that big of a margin between the two, and Florida's schedule will also continue to strengthen. If the computer really takes this into consideration, it's very possible that OU would have to lose one of it's last three games to allow UT a shot at the Big 12 championship game. Tech holds it's own destiny and I know that nobody is giving them a chance to win out, but it won't surprise me.

But, Texas has the heads up on OU. Just because our gauntlet is earlier than anyone else's doesn't effect us too greatly. If Oklahoma was to win out, and we blow out our next 3, and/or when convincingly.. we should still be ahead of them. If it's awful hard to have 2 one loss teams and put the loser of the head to head match up above the winner.

And I like the new rankings, after their victory, Tech deserves the #2 spot. They would stomp a mud hole in Penn States butt..but then again i think more than half of the top 10 would. But, Bama will hopefully lose, and I like Techs chances to lose too. And Florida just drops of the face of the earth...

Hook em:D

NastySlot
11-03-2008, 11:24 AM
i don't understand...why some think tech will lose one.....why couldn't we just have them win out...and texas get a little help and we have a rematch for the championship.

Daddy D 11
11-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i don't understand...why some think tech will lose one.....why couldn't we just have them win out...and texas get a little help and we have a rematch for the championship.

I don't think 2 teams from the same conference can play in the National Championship.

NastySlot
11-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I don't think 2 teams from the same conference can play in the National Championship.

if they're the two highest ranked teams in the bcs standings why not?

JasperDog94
11-03-2008, 11:42 AM
if they're the two highest ranked teams in the bcs standings why not? Quite honestly, I think the voters would try to make sure that wouldn't happen by lowering one of the teams in their rankings. In this case it would be Texas.

Texasfootball2
11-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by lynard_skynard
Depending on who beats Tech, and somebody will, there could be a three way tie in the Big 12 south. Do they go off of points to see who goes to the championship?

No, in the case of a three way tie, the highest ranked BCS team would move on to the Big 12 championship game. This is why the strength of schedule thing is huge going into the last three games. There is a very slim margin are one loss teams who have a good chances of winning out. If OU beats Tech and it is Tech's only loss the BCS rankings become the tie breaker. I doubt the head to head game will even come into play. Strange things always happen with the BCS. Remember:hand: Oklahoma lossed in their final game (Big 12 championship game) and still played for the national championship a few years ago.

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2008, 12:16 PM
i don't understand...why some think tech will lose one.....why couldn't we just have them win out...
I don't understand either, other than it's been said (speculation) that there is no way that Tech can play with the same intensity as they did Saturday. Or maybe it is more hoping they can't or won't since that would be good for other teams down the road.

pirate4state
11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't understand either, other than it's been said (speculation) that there is no way that Tech can play with the same intensity as they did Saturday. Or maybe it is more hoping they can't or won't since that would be good for other teams down the road. Actually, you would think Tech winning out helps Texas or am I completely off base?

Phil C
11-03-2008, 12:23 PM
There are still some key football games left to be played to see the final standings. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Actually, you would think Tech winning out helps Texas or am I completely off base?
I think Tech losing at least one is the backdoor some are anticipating for their team to get in the Big XII title and potentially NC game.

forum_guy
11-03-2008, 12:38 PM
guys get it through your head texas is done....they wont play in a national championship...too much would have to happen...i personally think florida wins out and plays for the title and that penn st. unforunately will go undefeated...the best possible nc game we could see isnt going to happen...florida vs usc would be an amazing title game to watch

jason
11-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
guys get it through your head texas is done....they wont play in a national championship...too much would have to happen...i personally think florida wins out and plays for the title and that penn st. unforunately will go undefeated...the best possible nc game we could see isnt going to happen...florida vs usc would be an amazing title game to watch usc ?? are you kidding me???

they got beat by beavers, who were unranked and terrible......

florida/tech or florida/texas would be the best title game...

JasperDog94
11-03-2008, 01:24 PM
guys get it through your head texas is done....they wont play in a national championship...too much would have to happen... Not so. If OU wins out (have you seen them play lately?) then Texas at the very least is in a tie for the South. If OSU were to beat Tech, then Texas would win the south outright. Not that much of a stretch.

Phil C
11-03-2008, 02:51 PM
I agree Jasper. A lot can happen between now and the final poll and I have seen teams get to the NC that shouldn't have got there. Look at LSU last year with two losses getting in and winning it all.

NastySlot
11-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree Jasper. A lot can happen between now and the final poll and I have seen teams get to the NC that shouldn't have got there. Look at LSU last year with two losses getting in and winning it all.

i agree....anything can happen and a lot of people are looking past the kansas game on the horns schedule.

gatordaze
11-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Actually, you would think Tech winning out helps Texas or am I completely off base?

Tech wins out and they play for the marbles. If Alabama wins out they play Bama else an undefeated Penn State.

Tech has a tough road as does Bama. PSU is a lock unless they have a brain fart. I do not think that JoPa will be denied unless there are 2 other undefeated in the major conferences. Should be fun.

Go Gators!

JR2004
11-03-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't understand either, other than it's been said (speculation) that there is no way that Tech can play with the same intensity as they did Saturday. Or maybe it is more hoping they can't or won't since that would be good for other teams down the road.

They did play with an entirely different level of intensity on Saturday and I'm not sure they (or really any other team) could play like that every single week.

I think it would be a nice story to see Tech win out and be in Miami. I just don't see how that happens when they have to play OU in Norman this year. OU has played the best ball in the conference this year with the exception of the 2nd half against UT. As much as I don't like them, if they played that game again today OU would probably win by three or four TD's. If Stoops and Pelini weren't such good friends they could've put 90 on the board against Nebraska Saturday night.

Tech does control their own destiny at this point though so we'll know either this Saturday or the next where they stand when it comes to going to Miami.

forum_guy
11-03-2008, 03:29 PM
its going to be too tough for the raiders to win out..i think OU has the best chance to rep the big 12 in the title game because they are really tearing it up now..but this all rides on if tech runs the table..texas winning out means nothing...OU winning out against tech and osu and OU will leap frog texas.

NastySlot
11-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
They did play with an entirely different level of intensity on Saturday and I'm not sure they (or really any other team) could play like that every single week.

I think it would be a nice story to see Tech win out and be in Miami. I just don't see how that happens when they have to play OU in Norman this year. OU has played the best ball in the conference this year with the exception of the 2nd half against UT. As much as I don't like them, if they played that game again today OU would probably win by three or four TD's. If Stoops and Pelini weren't such good friends they could've put 90 on the board against Nebraska Saturday night.

i think your so right...it is hard to play with that intensity and it is now tough to win on the road in this conference..........ie texas couldn't do either this past weekend......they had a brutal schedule and it was just too much....not a knock on texas....i still think they are a very good team..... the south division is the toughest in the country.......and the fact is there are four really good teams in the division and it will be hard for any of them to go undefeated..............this division is becoming what the s.e.c has been for a while....but a lot of people refuse to see how tough the s.e.c has been and dismiss those teams when they lose.

grmfan93
11-03-2008, 03:34 PM
tech will lose out...

forum_guy
11-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Not so. If OU wins out (have you seen them play lately?) then Texas at the very least is in a tie for the South. If OSU were to beat Tech, then Texas would win the south outright. Not that much of a stretch.

if its a 3 way tie for the south OU would represent the south if they ran the table because they would have the highest bcs rank...thats why i am saying that texas is done...only chance UT has at playing in the big 12 title game is if tech loses both games

NastySlot
11-03-2008, 03:37 PM
if its a tie for the south OU would represent the south if they ran the table because they would have the highest bcs rank...thats why i am saying that texas is done

are you saying the event of three way tie for first.....ou would represent?......cause if they are ranked higher in the bcs yes............but in the case which most people on here think will happen..tech loses two more ...then in two way tie texas/ou ...wouldn't texas represent in the big xii title game?

forum_guy
11-03-2008, 03:41 PM
are you saying the event of three way tie for first.....ou would represent?......cause if they are ranked higher in the bcs yes............but in the case which most people on here think will happen..tech loses two more ...then in two way tie texas/ou ...wouldn't texas represent in the big xii title game?

correct in a 2 way tie its heads up, 3 way tie its the highest bcs ranking...osu has to beat tech i think for texas to have a chance to even get to the big 12 game

Texasfootball2
11-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by grmfan93
tech will lose out...

That what they said two weeks ago, and then last week, so I guess you guys will keep try to you actually get one right and then say " I told you".