PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Backs: Madisonville @ Navasota

navscanmaster
11-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Now coming to a Rattler Stadium near you.:D

Two top notch backs face each other in this battle of recruits. Both teams have put up a lot of offense so far this season, with one major difference: Chris Whaley is Madisonville's offense. And he does well with good line protection from his otherwise inexperienced offensive line. Dexter Pratt of Navasota has been the focus of every defense he has faced, and has fared well, but has not put up the great numbers he did last year. He is probably drooling at Madisonville's defense, which is second only to Rudder in total yards/points allowed. Madisonville allowed more points (30) from Rudder than all of Rudder's district games combined before Friday. We had all hoped this would be for the district championship at the beginning of the season, but it seems it is only for the scouts.:(

HEMOTOXIC
11-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Navasota gets up early and coasts to a 42 point win.

Navasota 56
Madisonville 14

JR2004
11-02-2008, 02:27 PM
There's no battle here when one team is going to get slaughtered.

navscanmaster
11-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
There's no battle here when one team is going to get slaughtered.
Whaley will get his yards. Our rushing defense is good, but Whaley has made good defenses look average at best. He breaks any and all arm tackles, and at 6'3", he jumps and steps right out of low tackles.

venomous tat2
11-02-2008, 02:55 PM
You can throw the records out when these two teams meet up as they will booth get after each other . Most of these kids go all the way back to lil dribblers and Jr high ball for the most part they know each other pretty good . Beating us will highlight a disappointing season for them there is a bit of rivialry here .

JR2004
11-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Whaley will get his yards. Our rushing defense is good, but Whaley has made good defenses look average at best. He breaks any and all arm tackles, and at 6'3", he jumps and steps right out of low tackles.

Whether he gets any yards or not doesn't change that this game should be a massacre and not a battle.

t-bird
11-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I think Whaley is going to go all out for his last game in high school.

NastySlot
11-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
You can throw the records out when these two teams meet up as they will booth get after each other . Most of these kids go all the way back to lil dribblers and Jr high ball for the most part they know each other pretty good . Beating us will highlight a disappointing season for them there is a bit of rivialry here .

you can say that again...throw out the records...i have seen games between these two in which the underdog has won...on many occasions.

PVAMU04
11-03-2008, 10:31 AM
There is alot of rivialry here in this game! ALOT! But it's not a battle of the backs! If you would ask the two high profile backs in involved!I think theyn would say the same, I know one of them very well and he would probably tell you it's my team (Navasota Rattlers ) against the Madisonville Mustangs! I would have to say
but it is fun to chat about this type stuff!

NastySlot
11-03-2008, 11:26 AM
might be a good game...but nothing beats a rattler/mustang basketball game...........they're always classics.

OldBison75
11-03-2008, 02:25 PM
This game is definitely a rival type game. Madisonville always has something for Navasota. Whaley is a super back, but I don't think ther is much else to brag about on the Mustang offense. BUT, if Whaley gets on a roll, he can carry the whole team.

Pratt has not been the dominating back that everybody expected this year, but look closely at the stats. He has very few carries compared to other top backs and still has a good yards per rush average. When he has been used, except for against Rudder, teams have been spying him and he has had to fight for every yard. The Rattler offensive line has really not dominated the defensive line all year. They should with the size and experience they have.

I think you might see two backs gain over 200 yards this week and the big difference will be the Navasota passing game. The Rattlers could have 250 rushing and 250 passing in the game.

Navasota 48
Madisonville 24

87 TIGER
11-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Whayley isnt running that good this year I'm not sure how many yards he has on the year but I know his yards against a few teams: Rockdale 80yds, Caldwell 84yds ( he got hurt in that game ), Cameron it was under 100 also.IMO a D1 recruit should rack up some yards. He will not be a factor against Navasota and Madisonville defense in horrible Navasota BIG 56-10. Good luck in the playoffs Rattlers.

navscanmaster
11-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Whayley isnt running that good this year I'm not sure how many yards he has on the year but I know his yards against a few teams: Rockdale 80yds, Caldwell 84yds ( he got hurt in that game ), Cameron it was under 100 also.IMO a D1 recruit should rack up some yards. He will not be a factor against Navasota and Madisonville defense in horrible Navasota BIG 56-10. Good luck in the playoffs Rattlers.
I believe Whaley had 186 against Cameron. You can say all you want about a D1 back needing more yards, but dang. Do you think you could get even ten yards against 9 in the box game after game? Especially with a hard working but inexperienced/undersized line blocking for you. Everybody knows that he is all that the Mustangs have this year....

HEMOTOXIC
11-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I believe Whaley had 186 against Cameron. You can say all you want about a D1 back needing more yards, but dang. Do you think you could get even ten yards against 9 in the box game after game? Especially with a hard working but inexperienced/undersized line blocking for you. Everybody knows that he is all that the Mustangs have this year....

Agreed. How many yards can one get when everyone knows that you are getting the ball? Its like playing 11 against 1.

nasa1
11-03-2008, 10:54 PM
i have to agree the Whaley kid is pretty good and well deserving of a D1 scholarship.......UT will get everything they want from him when they start dotting the I again. he's going to look good running behind 300 lb linemen. i think whaley would have more yards if his linemen would get out of his way, he usually has to go around them from being knocked back into the backfield while he is getting the handoff. Rockdale did a good job of keeping him in check w/out any blocking and he had the 86yds in the first quarter of the Caldwell game and didn't return. i think he is closing in on 1600 yds and is real close to 7000 total rushing yards, which is probably pretty good in the record books if he can achieve that. Pratt is definitely a D1 player and although his rushing stats aren't as pretty, he is a big threat running and receiving the ball. Pratt has some big linemen and good receiving corp along with an athletic qb. i'm sure any athlete would rather have the wins than the personal records. you now Pratt and his team are drooling! good thing for the district is that all the teams have a bye in the first round, right? best of luck to all, i'll be watching that game and no matter what, there will be some athletes getting after it and i wish them the best in their collegiate careeers.

87 TIGER
11-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Agreed. How many yards can one get when everyone knows that you are getting the ball? Its like juse playing 11 against 1. Everybody knew Barry Sanders was getting the ball also. No big deal just my opinion he just hasnt impressed me this year. Good luck to all in this match up, but the Rattlers will have no problem with Madisonville

ProudHornetMom
11-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Good luck Rattlers...though I don't think you'll need it. It will be a great game of the Rattler stable against the one and only. Win big and get ready for playoffs!

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Everybody knew Barry Sanders was getting the ball also. No big deal just my opinion he just hasnt impressed me this year. Good luck to all in this match up, but the Rattlers will have no problem with Madisonville

NFL/college versus high school. It all depends on who you have blocking for you as well.

trojandad
11-07-2008, 01:14 PM
we beat madisonville 52-34 earlier, mainly by playin 8-9 in the box....whaley pulled away from scott once on an even start, the kid has speed.....reminds me in attitude of the johnson kid we had last yr, you could pick a piece of tape of johnson and without knowing what part of the game that the tape was from, you could tell whether he was leading or trailing by his body language, they'll get that out of whaley at ut....

sometimes its hard for stars to learn that they have to play with mortals....with navasota's ability to adjust on defense, he'll prolly get half the scores he did against us, and 17 pts won't beat navasota this yr....

safe game to both

PVAMU04
11-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Whaley will get his yards but the Rattlers defense will once again bend a little but won't break and adjust and contain him! Pratt will get his yards but only differents is Navasota offense is more than a one man show, which will lead to lopsided victory for the Rattlers! Which will also still leave us wondering which is the better back in 24-3A in the morning cause there is doubt which is the better team this year!?! Rattlers roll

Rattler 50
Madisonville 20

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Go Snakes!