PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 tie for 1st Place.

WO-S 89
11-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Say Texas, Texas Tech and Okl. Sooners end up with a 3 way tie for 1st place with each team with a loss. Who goes to the Big 12 Championship game.

Texas beat Okl.

Texas Tech beat Texas

if Okl. beat Texas Tech ???????? might happen.

cshscougar08
11-02-2008, 11:56 AM
It's a point spread thing now if we beat Tech. Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong:

Texas over OU 45-35
Tech over Texas 39-33

So we started minus 10, and Tech's victory over Texas counts toward our deficit right? So we're now at minus 4 and just have to beat Tech by 5 to be in the drivers seat. Am I thinking right here? Someone talk to me. Oh and we have to beat A&M and OK State.

eagles_victory
11-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
It's a point spread thing now if we beat Tech. Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong:

Texas over OU 45-35
Tech over Texas 39-33

So we started minus 10, and Tech's victory over Texas counts toward our deficit right? So we're now at minus 4 and just have to beat Tech by 5 to be in the drivers seat. Am I thinking right here? Someone talk to me. Oh and we have to beat A&M and OK State. I actually think its record vs your divison in conference which will be the same then highest BCS ranking as Terry said on another thread

Eagle 1
11-02-2008, 12:04 PM
In the event of a 3 way tie:
If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other.

2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division.

3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (fourth, fifth and sixth).

4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative.

6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.

7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

cshscougar08
11-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Oh yeah I knew that. My b.

t-bird
11-02-2008, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't count Oklahoma State out of this mix yet though.