PDA

View Full Version : Stars

qb12
04-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Any predictions on tonites game?

pirate4state
04-28-2003, 09:07 PM
You're back! What happened? The Stars NEED to win, glad to see Claude Lemiux & Bill Guerin back in the line up---hope they make a difference. Nice to see a hockey fan on the board!

qb12
04-28-2003, 09:17 PM
you know its very dissapointing that we are 2-0. Turco is not exactly the right stuff but he has done OK. I would like to see our aggressiveness increase tonite. We should play with everything wevee got tonite. IM taking the stars 4-3

qb12
04-28-2003, 09:22 PM
stars are up 1-0 in 5 minutes into the game

pirate4state
04-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Can you believe the Duck's luck?? Jesus, they are really starting to piss me off :mad:

Marty lookin' good so far, hope they can find a way to come back and score some goals.

pirate4state
04-28-2003, 10:12 PM
PP goal, Dallas 2-1. Keep it going

pirate4state
04-28-2003, 11:45 PM
And the Stars hold on for a 2-1 win. :)

Green Ranger
04-29-2003, 07:46 AM
Duck's having luck, I find that hard to believe that the ducks have gotten this far on luck. Just because they are a Cinderella team in my opinion says they havent proven themselves already. Look at Bandera. The third place team in their district and they won state. Does luck have something to do with it yes, but come play-off time the season starts over and things are different.

pirate4state
04-29-2003, 08:50 AM
I understand that--what I was referring to was their "goal" last night. It went off a Dallas defender's skate & in. I know they are a good team & right now they scare me to death, as I'm a HUGE Dallas fan.

qb12
04-29-2003, 08:04 PM
i agree with you. They are scaring the hell outta me. And so is turco, im sick of seeing him skate out for the puck when theres a defender coming right at him with the goal open. Has anyone else notice that?

pirate4state
04-29-2003, 09:32 PM
qb12:
i agree with you. They are scaring the hell outta me. And so is turco, im sick of seeing him skate out for the puck when theres a defender coming right at him with the goal open. Has anyone else notice that?Yes! I HATE when he does that, Belfour used to do that too. Turco is usually smart about doing this, but lately he has been making bad decisions. Maybe, they'll take another one in Anaheim tomorrow night. :)

3afan2K3
04-30-2003, 07:57 PM
any 1 got tickets?
i got some for saturday at 2:00 way up in the nosebleeds
$100.00 for 2

<small>[ April 30, 2003, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

SintonFan
04-30-2003, 08:30 PM
I'll take Dallas tonight, 4-3.

Green Ranger
05-01-2003, 07:24 AM
I am curious to see who among the Stars Faithful think they can come back and win the series? Likewise I would like to know what others think about the Stars not playing the National Anthem because the word star is said/sung?

Phil C
05-01-2003, 08:35 AM
A very poor and silly reason not to play the National Anthem in my opinion! The word Star in the Anthem is referring to a totally different meaning and does not support any hockey team - that is common sense which seems to be lacking here. Look for the Houston Rockets to ban it too in that case and maybe even the Washington Redskins (Rockets RED glare). Anyway the Stars will come back and win the series. The one point games will start going the other way now. (and I am not a real hockey fan).

pirate4state
05-01-2003, 11:30 AM
Green Ranger:
I am curious to see who among the Stars Faithful think they can come back and win the series? Likewise I would like to know what others think about the Stars not playing the National Anthem because the word star is said/sung?I believe that if they would stop tick-tack passing and start throwing (shooting) the puck at the net, they can come back and win. They did a better job of not turning the puck over in last night's game, but their power play was non-exsistent (hard to believe they were ranked 5th in the reg. season) and they need it back on track to score some goals!!

As far as the National Anthem goes...it is the DUCKS that did not play the Anthem because it has the word "Star" in it. (Which I think is stupid) And it is probably because in Dallas while singing the National Anthem the fans sing "Stars" especially LOUD! :)

<small>[ May 01, 2003, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

Green Ranger
05-01-2003, 12:51 PM
My apologies, they where in anahiem and not in Dallas now that I think about it. Regardless of who and where, I think it crazy not to play the anthem especially with what we have been through recently. Each to their own. I say the Ducks pull it out in Game 7.

pirate4state
05-03-2003, 04:38 PM
FINALLY!! The Stars play their game & WIN to stay alive. I hope they continue to play like this Monday night to push it to game 7 @ home! :)

crzyjournalist03
05-04-2003, 09:05 PM
I'm liking the Stars chances now. Giguere getting pulled will have to hurt his ego, and an ego is a goalie's best friend during playoffs. An early goal by the Stars in game 6 could wrap up the series for us.

Green Ranger
05-05-2003, 07:33 AM
I dont think it will hurt his ego, probably give him a reality check. Look at the Flyers, Checkmonik (Sp? sorry)was pulled but usually comes back after getting pulled and has a great game. Regardless of if the Stars come back and win this series, the Ducks have gotten farther than anybody would have guessed. I still say the Ducks pull it off, hopefully game 6 but if not in game 7.

pirate4state
05-05-2003, 10:12 AM
If the Stars can take it to a game 7 (and I know they can, if they just play as agressive & tight in the neutral zone again) then it'll be hard for the Ducks to beat Dallas in game 7, at home. But you're right, regardless of the outcome the Ducks have far exceeded anyone's expectations.