PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Yoe vs Caldwell Hornets

d_scott81
11-02-2008, 12:02 AM
I have to say its gonna be tough for both teams cause whoever loses this week out of the 2 will put their pads up early. Cameron is going to forget the Navasota game and be ready to put Caldwell out of the playoff chase.

ctownlegend
11-02-2008, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by d_scott81
I have to say its gonna be tough for both teams cause whoever loses this week out of the 2 will put their pads up early. Cameron is going to forget the Navasota game and be ready to put Caldwell out of the playoff chase.

Not entirely true...the only way Cameron misses out of the playoffs and Caldwell gets in is if Caldwell beats cameron by 12+ points...thats it...plain and simple...so even if cameron losses by 10...they will still be playing football this year..

HEMOTOXIC
11-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Good luck to both teams. This should be an awesome game come Friday. Cameron does a good job a playing the run but are suspect to the pass, atleast in the Navasota game. Caldwell's run happy offense will be hard to stop. But, the Hornets can pass the ball effieciently.

My guts says Caldwell, but, will the Hornets win by the needed 12 (14) points to get into the playoffs?

Caldwell 34
Cameron 21

HawkEye
11-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Caldwell and Cameron haven't met since their highly touted in 2004 (they were both undefeated at the time).

There will be a lot of pressure on Caldwell to win, and cover the "spread". Cameron just has to win, something they've proven they know how to do this year. Tough call. What were the Liberty Hill/Cameron scores from the last two years? I'd be curious if the young DC from Cameron can come up with the plan to slow the Slot T down. Caldwell and the Hill are similar in many ways, and yet Caldwell has put their own stamp on the offense. I imagine the Yoe coaches are watching a lot of Rockdale vs. Caldwell film to figure out how to slow them down.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Cameron tends to have Caldwell's number. The loss to Navasota was ugly but even Rattler fans say, take away the turnovers and we'd be playing round # 242 of OT right now. I say Cameron pulls off a close one. For some odd reason, it's difficult for the Yoemen in Hornet land...:rolleyes:

HEMOTOXIC
11-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Cameron tends to have Caldwell's number. The loss to Navasota was ugly but even Rattler fans say, take away the turnovers and we'd be playing round # 242 of OT right now. I say Cameron pulls off a close one. For some odd reason, it's difficult for the Yoemen in Hornet land...:rolleyes:

Cameron's passing game has to be effective in order for this game to be close.

ctownlegend
11-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Cameron's passing game has to be effective in order for this game to be close.

Agreed..in both of Cameron's losses this year the passing game was not very effective. Of course...against gatesville...they didn't have the run game that James (Dookie) Wells brings to open up the pass..but still..it wasnt there.

On a good note though...cameron hasn't had two bad offensive games in a row all season, so i think the Townsend and the WRs in cameron will be on point come friday... :D

OldBison75
11-02-2008, 12:29 PM
This should be the game of the week in the Region. Caldwell is not only in a must win situation, they must win by basically two touchdowns.

The game will be in Caldwell and that is automatically an advantage for the Hornets. Cameron played offense very well against Navsota and the defense had moments of good play. Playing well against the run was obvious, but the pass defense was lacking.

Caldwell has a great running game, muc quicker hitting than Navasota's spread. The Cameron defense will have to play a much more controlled scheme at the line to contain Caldwell's backs. Against Navasota the front four pinned back thier ears and played a penetration scheme. They also were consistently crashing the weakside linebacker.

I think that Cameron can win this game if they can shake off the Navasota loss. However, Caldwell will wear down the Cameron defense and put points on the board. If the emotion of the game ever goes against Cameron, Caldwell will win.

On that logic, I think Caldwell will be ready to prove they are one of the top teams in the district, Cameron will be still hurting about the Navasota game and Caldwell will jump out early and make that attitude worse.

Caldwell 28
Cameron 14

Just a gut feeling!!!!!

HawkEye
11-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas

Historically I'd agree with you on the Caldwell/Cameron games in the past.

Something I'll throw out there: Cameron hasn't played Caldwell in a varsity game since the Hornets have gone to the Slot-T. Cameron did not beat LH either year they were in the district with each other. I am only comparing Caldwell and LH for the slot T reference. LH has been the entire package the last two years. But they and Caldwell have put up riduculas offensive numbers the last three years running a pretty good offensive scheme. Caldwell is very capable of outscoring the Yoe.

HawkEye
11-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Can anybody post both Cameron's and Caldwell's entire season: Opponents, scores, and season/district records.

Also anybody got offensive and defensive stats for both. The BCS Eagle has done a lousy job with this this year.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by HawkEye
Historically I'd agree with you on the Caldwell/Cameron games in the past.

Something I'll throw out there: Cameron hasn't played Caldwell in a varsity game since the Hornets have gone to the Slot-T. Cameron did not beat LH either year they were in the district with each other. I am only comparing Caldwell and LH for the slot T reference. LH has been the entire package the last two years. But they and Caldwell have put up riduculas offensive numbers the last three years running a pretty good offensive scheme. Caldwell is very capable of outscoring the Yoe.

Comparing Caldwell to Liberty Hill is insane.

Go to www.wacotrib.com and you can find at least the Cameron info there. Keep in mind Caldwell has a habit of putting up ridiculous points to make up for prior shortcomings. Notice Cameron, Rockdale and Navasota came nowhere near putting up 72 points. Yet Caldwell "found a way." Of course running 2 pt conversions after each score helped but still....

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by HawkEye
Can anybody post both Cameron's and Caldwell's entire season: Opponents, scores, and season/district records.

http://www.3adownlow.com/24-3A.php

pirate4state
11-02-2008, 09:32 PM
The 3A Downlow State Bound t-shirt will be at this game!

Hopefully, CHS_CG will be along shortly to give everyone the details on where to meet and have the opportunity to sign the shirt.

Good Luck Hornets!

87 TIGER
11-03-2008, 06:06 PM
IMO there is lots of pressure on both teams to win. Caldwell cannot fall behind in this game and come back and win by the 12+ pts needed. Hemotoxic said Caldwell can pass? No way The Hornets will have to dominate on Offense with the run and keep the Yoe Offense on the sidelines, if they do that the Hornets can win. Should be a great game Good luck to both.

bigYoe
11-05-2008, 12:54 PM
This WILL be a great game and hopefully Cameron wont have as many turnovers as they had last week against Navasota. If Cameron can play an error free game they should win in a close one. Cameron needs to win to be in the playoffs and I believe Caldwell has to beat us by more than 14. Good luck to both teams. GO YOE!!!

Bearkat
11-05-2008, 01:20 PM
I'll be pulling for the Yoemen!!!

bigYoe
11-05-2008, 04:06 PM
WILL BE A GOOD GAME, come on Yoe this is for Postseason play

87 TIGER
11-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Caldwell has to win by 13 to get in. If Cameron wins it guarantees Navasota 1st, Cameron 2nd, and Rockdale 3rd.Should be a great game. Good luck to both

bigYoe
11-05-2008, 04:44 PM
So i take that the Rock is pulling for Cameron, huh? well i'll be at the game in Caldwell on Friday and will be ready for a good one. Caldwell gave Navasota a helluva game and Cameron could have as easily if not for the costly turnovers. Cameron/Caldwell will be another good one for the District of 24-3A.

87 TIGER
11-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I just said a Cameron victory for sure puts Rockdale in. If Rockdale beats Taylor it really doesnt matter if Cameron or Caldwell wins the Tigers are +14 and Cameron is +13.

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2008, 05:39 PM
2 More days:D

buff4ever
11-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I had to vote for caldwell to win by 14 or more, even though I thought more like 10 -13!:D jk

cameron will lose badly.

pirate4state
11-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
The 3A Downlow State Bound t-shirt will be at this game!

Hopefully, CHS_CG will be along shortly to give everyone the details on where to meet and have the opportunity to sign the shirt.

Good Luck Hornets!

bump

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2008, 02:18 PM
bump
How about halftime underneath the scoreboard? :)

:confused: :confused: Did she get it? Does she remember she's supposed to set up a M&G? :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
11-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
How about halftime underneath the scoreboard? :)

:confused: :confused: Did she get it? Does she remember she's supposed to set up a M&G? :eek: :eek: Yes, she received the shirt today. Yes, she knows she is suppose to set up a M&G & http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88998 she has help. ;)

HornetMom
11-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Yes, she received the shirt today. Yes, she knows she is suppose to set up a M&G & http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88998 she has help. ;) As she was leaving for work, she got the shirt in the mail and calls me to post it. After she gets off work tonight, I am sure she will set the M&G time.

ProudHornetMom
11-06-2008, 04:59 PM
It's going to be fun. Here's to a great game with no injuries and great calls both ways! Thank heavens the score board is working and the safety lights shouldn't catch on fire.

Good luck Hornets! Hard work pays off!

87 TIGER
11-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Thats funny but hey no clock could work to your advantage as soon as you get up by 14 oop's sorry time ran out game over. Thats the first game ive been to with no scoreboard, clock, etc. I diddnt realize how often I look at the scoreboard. No delay calls the whole game , that was wierd. Good luck

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Go Hornets! :cheerl:

King_LeYoeNidas
11-06-2008, 06:00 PM
I heard a former notorious Yoemen fan (former poster) was supposed to be at the m&g?

ProudHornetMom
11-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Thats funny but hey no clock could work to your advantage as soon as you get up by 14 oop's sorry time ran out game over. Thats the first game ive been to with no scoreboard, clock, etc. I diddnt realize how often I look at the scoreboard. No delay calls the whole game , that was wierd. Good luck

:hijacktd:
It was a twilight zone that night. No scoreboard, PA shorting out and the safety lights on the back of the home bleachers smoking and burning. I never realized how much I rely on the scoreboard...I think everyone else was in the same boat.

Good luck with Taylor. Should be an easy win for y'all.

Back on topic...;)

navscanmaster
11-06-2008, 07:15 PM
I am hoping that the Yoe don't fall apart in this one. Caldwell can get up on you in a heartbeat by a few TDs if you don't have your head in the game. Cameron needs to move the ball downfield like they did several times against Navasota, without the fumbles killing drives. The best defense against Caldwell is really just a consistent offense.

zebrablue2
11-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
It's going to be fun. Here's to a great game with no injuries and great calls both ways! Thank heavens the score board is working and the safety lights shouldn't catch on fire.

Good luck Hornets! Hard work pays off!

good luck to you all tomorrow night PHM. play hard, and may the best team win, by however many points needed- right. :D

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Go Luck & Go SWARM!

ProudHornetMom
11-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
good luck to you all tomorrow night PHM. play hard, and may the best team win, by however many points needed- right. :D

Thanks zb2 and Hemotoxic! I'm nervous and excited. The guys are pumped up and excited as well.

Good luck to the Brahmas and the Rattlers as well.

PVAMU04
11-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Should be a Great Game Tonight!
Playoffs come a week early for both teams!
Advice to both teams don't worry about the points thing just play hard and let the chips fall were they may! Good Luck to both teams!!

d_scott81
11-07-2008, 06:07 PM
this game is a must win for cameron if they lose by 13 points and rockdale wins they are out of the playoffs. but if they win and rockdales loses then its caldwell and cameron for the last 2 spots.