PDA

View Full Version : DODGEBALL TO BECOME NEW UIL SPORT

mindy
12-02-2002, 09:52 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone else has heard this rumor or if it was really true, i do know of some schools that are actively practicing the activity!
:D :D :D

Bulldog92
12-02-2002, 10:37 AM
That would be interesting, but I think they should add washer throwing, too. :D What other sports should we suggest? Mindy, I'm not trying to step on your toes here because there could be some truth in that rumor, but isn't this a good opportunity to have some fun? :)

PPHSfan
12-02-2002, 10:43 AM
I have always thought that if the Food Fight were to become a UIL sport, some of the schools that struggle in football might have a chance at making some of that post season money. I myself would pay to see a bunch of lunch tables set up on the field at Texas Stadium while the competition pelted each other with Four Dollar Cokes and Six Dollar Nachos. Now that would be quality entertainment. :p

INOUNVME
12-02-2002, 11:01 AM
Dodgeball? Isn't that the same game that is like totally banned in elementary schools? Would the "athletes" get to wear protective gear? Team or individual sport? Lots of thought will have to be put into this by the UIL. Mindy, if I were a betting man, is there a team in particular that might have a leg up on the competition?

Mindy, I realize by reading your posts that you are not a happy camper. Face it darlin', nothing you can say or do is going to change the situation that you are in. Might want to start supporting the cast that you have. A productive off-season and some "come to Jesus" meetings will straighten many things out. Good luck to the Buffs as they prepare for 2003. The season already started, get working.

turbostud
12-02-2002, 11:39 AM
I heard that it was actually going to be called Cheerleader Dodgeball. The football players would get chuck the balls at the cheerleaders.

mindy
12-03-2002, 02:30 PM
so now we are going to lift a few weights and run a few hills,,, sounds like some real organized offseason with a lot of thought behind it :mad: :mad: :mad: where is ivey, please bring him back

gobraves
12-03-2002, 04:50 PM
Alright Mindy, I have had enough! I have never gotten into it with you but after reading your post you have drawn me in. I have never been negative toward you but you seem to have a problem with me. You say in your post that Ivey is so great and you comment on running hills and lifting a few weights. If i am correct Conroe went 2-8 this past season. Ivey and Odell were in the same situation. They both went to new schools this past year and both jumped classifications. Maybe Conroe could get in on the dodgeball thing......might could do better than 2-8.
Support your current coach and your team and let the past be good memories!
So I guess the question I have for you Mindy is this....How did Conroe do in the playoffs this year?
GO BUFFS!

INOUNVME
12-04-2002, 10:07 AM
Gobraves, I too have kept my mouth closed and stayed positive about the situation in G-Town. Your post almost got me to say some things that could bring me down to a level I would not want to go to. If you would like for me to outline the many differences between the two men and programs you are referring too, let me know. I know more about BOTH programs than you know about ONE of them. Again, I have stayed very positive, but if slinging mud needs to take place, I can do that too. Let me know when to get started. Good luck Buffs.......outwork 'em in every season.

mindy
12-04-2002, 10:57 AM
QUOTE BY GO INDIAN: "So I guess the question I have for you Mindy is this.... How did Conroe do in the playoffs this year!

I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BUT IT WILL TAKE SEVERAL DIFFERENT POST, BE PATIENT :rolleyes:

mindy
12-04-2002, 11:03 AM
ANSWER: :D :D Well I guess conroe did not do to good,but again they did not play smithville, hutto, manor or even a team that you could compare to them in that classification they are in, Also conroe was never 0-5 at any time during the year and may i bring to your attention, coach Ivey went into a situation where conroe had not even won a district game in over two years!!!
Which they did win a district game this year, not much, but good for conroe's program.

mindy
12-04-2002, 11:08 AM
ANSWER CONT: :D :D So if I were a betting girl, I would bet everything i own that if coach ivey would have inherited a program that in the last 5 years had been to the playoffs 4of the 5 and two trips to the state semifinals twice within those 5 years his team would not have been 3-7 this past season... More likely 8-2, with our team getting ready to play Marlin this weekend! wink wink
Because Bellville could not have beaten us!

mindy
12-04-2002, 11:15 AM
ANSWER CONT: :D :D Its called coaching not pretending,,, look at the facts, quit making excuses, and why bring conroe into the deal, this is between the buffaloes and bringing back coach Ivey,,, LET GO OF THE COOKIE,,, THE IVEY ERA WILL CONTINUE,, :D :D :D GIRLS RULE!!!

mindy
12-04-2002, 11:18 AM
Also, Go Indian, you are the one that made this post personal not me, so i hope the administrators see that,,,,, The sad thing is the truth hurts when its not honest and true,,
13 - 2 state semi finalist, best record in 50 year history of giddings football,,, keep the tradition, go buffs :D :D :D :D

mindy
12-04-2002, 11:21 AM
go braves, i don't have a problem with you, but i think you may have blown your identity,,,, i believe you have made us all aware that you may actually be coach odell,,, just a hunch,, eek! eek! eek! eek!

gobraves
12-04-2002, 01:43 PM
Mindy, I believe you made it personal when you called my posts stupid. Oh, I am sorry that was "the most stupidiest" posts. If you want to meet at the Circle W sometime we sure can do that. That way I can prove to you that I am not Odell. It is odd that you would think that though, as I was thinking that you must be Ivey since you seem to know so much about both programs. Maybe you are trying to open up a job opportunity since you had a rough season in Conroe. Job security???
As far as bringing Conroe into the deal that is what you have done by bringing Ivey back up. He is now in Conroe. Odell is now in Giddings. Neither one had great years. Do you think the people in Conroe are ready to run Ivey out of town? I am sure there are perhaps some "mandy's or "minnie's" who want his head there. So I guess what I am saying is you have a beloved coach who has not had a good year. You have a coach in Giddings who has not had a good year, yet you support one but not the other. Where I am from we call that HYPOCRISY!
As far as your bet, I guess we will never know how Ivey would have done last year since he went to Conroe. What I do know is that Giddings played a very difficult non-district schedule and then pulled it together enough to make the playoffs. In closing, quit tearing people down and look for the positive in life and perhaps 5 years from now and there is a new coach in Giddings, you will be hammering on a new coach because of the success that Odell has had! Just give him a chance!
"Women....can't live with them....can't herd them to Canada."

gobraves

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-04-2002, 01:44 PM
Hey Mindy, I dont care about anything you said but one, If yall would play Bellville 10 times in a row this year, Bellville would go 10-0, I mean 9-0 we already beat yall in game one 36-12, we did not even play close to one of our best games that night, so just to clear the air about beating Bellville it didnt happen, and would not happen this year even with a different coach! Good luck to your current AD.

turbostud
12-04-2002, 02:20 PM
gobraves, I have no idea what ya'll are talking about but I love the quote at the end. Sweet.

mindy
12-04-2002, 05:21 PM
mindy:
ANSWER CONT: :D :D So if I were a betting girl, I would bet everything i own that if coach ivey would have inherited a program that in the last 5 years had been to the playoffs 4of the 5 and two trips to the state semifinals twice within those 5 years his team would not have been 3-7 this past season... More likely 8-2, with our team getting ready to play Marlin this weekend! wink wink
Because Bellville could not have beaten us!:D TRUTH HURTS WHEN ITS TRUE :D

mindy
12-04-2002, 05:32 PM
wink wink GO INDINAN, from what i hear he will be lucky if he gets one more year there, much less 5years, things are going on behind the scenes that you yourself as well as others do not no about, with our coaching situation in giddings..

hard to coach in lee county, better field a team

may i change my quote: WOMEN RULE :D eek! :D

espn1
12-04-2002, 05:44 PM
Yes, you may change you're quote. Might I help with a new one.
" Women Rule With Men's Tools"
Strap that on for a while.

gochargers!!
12-04-2002, 06:00 PM
Mindy....

Ewe stil kan't spel. Geez. http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/banghead.gif

If you are gonna attempt to trash people, at least spell it right:

INDNIAN: see - INDIAN
NO: see - KNOW.

How did you get all of your inside information???....Are you a high ranking official in the Giddings ISD??? On the School Board?? With spelling like that, I hope not.

dovehunter
12-04-2002, 10:13 PM
gobraves:
Alright Mindy, I have had enough! I have never gotten into it with you but after reading your post you have drawn me in. I have never been negative toward you but you seem to have a problem with me. You say in your post that Ivey is so great and you comment on running hills and lifting a few weights. If i am correct Conroe went 2-8 this past season. Ivey and Odell were in the same situation. They both went to new schools this past year and both jumped classifications. Maybe Conroe could get in on the dodgeball thing......might could do better than 2-8.
Support your current coach and your team and let the past be good memories!
So I guess the question I have for you Mindy is this....How did Conroe do in the playoffs this year?
GO BUFFS!

2001GiddingsLB
12-04-2002, 10:33 PM
Ya know what I think I know Coach Ivey better than anyone on this board besides probably one person. Anyway, shut up about him the man did what was best for his family he moved to a 5a school because that is what he thought was good for him. Odell was brought in because he was the man that accepted the job. I'm not saying he did a good or bad job, I was disappointed with the season. However, it would have taken an excellent coach, possibly Ivey to have a winning season. I don't like the idea of you, Go BRAves, throwing Ivey's name around like that. Mindy I don't like you tarnishing Odell's everyone is entitled to mistakes. Both of you I believe know little about the situations at either school. Go Braves don't bring up Conroe's 2-8 record they had a much tougher schedule than Giddings had, and if you say Giddings had a tough one you'd be wrong each team they played in the preseason were perenially good teams but all had a down year this year. Thats why they all got knocked out once they faced a good team. None the less I credit the coaching staff and players for winning the games they did and making the playoffs. Even though their district was possibly the weakest in the region, if not the state. Anyway enough of this darn talk, whatever happens will happen, so quit talking about it.Please!!!!