PDA

View Full Version : Hottest Teams in Region IV

headhunter
11-01-2008, 06:53 PM
I have said it since the beginning of the season, Sealy is going to be tough this year. I think they may be playing their best ball right now. They will be a tough team to beat in the playoffs.

With that said I also think here are some other teams in the Region which are playing well.

Division I
Bandera - Only loss is to LaVernia and they have been beating teams with some ease. Looks like they could make a good run in the playoffs.

Cuero - Since losing to LaVernia they are whipping the heck out of teams. Only concern is if they are in game shape to play 4 quarters. They had big wins early in the season against Beeville (4a) Bat City (4a) and Rio Hondo. Cuero should be the favorite in D1 to win this region.

Division II
Bellville - Yes they lost last week, but Sealy is playing at a very high level. Bellville has a solid defense and that is what it takes to win state championships. Still a slight question about their passing game but they have a solid running game and they have high expectations.

Sinton - Not sure what they are doing but it is working for them. They have been solid on both sides of the ball. I have not kept up a lot with them but it sounds like they are playing great. My only question is how tough their schedule has been. However they are winning games and that is all they can control.

LaVernia - Has to be the favorite in Region IV. Beat Cuero and Bandera. They are an attack and hit you in the mouth team. Well coached and they are very confident. They will be tough to beat, Great Defense.

These are just a few opinions I have, please put your opinions in on these teams and others that are playing good ball right now and could make a playoff push. And give some reasons why and what they are doing so well.

pirate4state
11-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Good stuff. Think ya gotta include Sealy in Division I as a "hot team" especially if they can have a statement game against La Grange this week. From what I hear their D is pretty stout, but their O is hit & miss.

Everything else looks pretty good! Oh and let's not forget about Giddings in DII. :eek:

headhunter
11-02-2008, 12:19 AM
I did say Sealy was the hottest team in the state right at the beginning. They are on a roll right now, and I was unaware Bandera lost 3 games but they are playing great right now. Who did they lose too?

pirate4state
11-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by headhunter
I did say Sealy was the hottest team in the state right at the beginning. They are on a roll right now, and I was unaware Bandera lost 3 games but they are playing great right now. Who did they lose too? haha :doh: wow and i didn't even have a drink tonight. :doh:

Bandera lost early to:
Bandera Bulldogs
08/29....@ La Vernia (19-49) L
09/05....vs. Lago Vista (31-33) L
09/12....@ Llano (48-51) L

all this info can be found on the region iv page
here (http://www.3adownlow.com/29-3A.php) ;)

44INAROW
11-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Bandera lost early to:
Bandera Bulldogs
08/29....@ La Vernia (19-49) L
09/05....vs. Lago Vista (31-33) L
09/12....@ Llano (48-51) L

wow, the Lago Vista and Llano losses were close games. Bandera looks like a tougher opponent than I originally thought... :eek: Will have to check with Bandera7 for more scoop on Bandera;)

pirate4state
11-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
wow, the Lago Vista and Llano losses were close games. Bandera looks like a tougher opponent than I originally thought... :eek: Will have to check with Bandera7 for more scoop on Bandera;) yeah, they've really turned it on. bandera7 would be the one to fill us in. :D

headhunter
11-02-2008, 12:39 AM
from what I hear they are taking care of business and putting points on the board lately. I wish Cuero would have played Devine early in the season, how bad did Llano beat Devine?

pirate4state
11-02-2008, 12:41 AM
from what I hear they are taking care of business and putting points on the board lately. I wish Cuero would have played Devine early in the season, how bad did Llano beat Devine? Llano did not play Devine

headhunter
11-02-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm sorry I meant Bandera, aren't they in the same district?

pirate4state
11-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm sorry I meant Bandera, aren't they in the same district? Llano & Bandera are not in the same district. Bandera lost to Llano by 3 in a shoot out. Scroll up a bit & you'll see the score. ;)

headhunter
11-02-2008, 12:48 AM
I mean Bandera and Devine. They are in the same district. I wanted to see Cuero play Devine so I could get an idea of how the teams might match up.

Throw Llano out, my mistake. I now its kind of confusing.

pirate4state
11-02-2008, 01:01 AM
Bandera beat Devine 38-32
Devine lost to Pearsall 24-29
Bandera beat Pearsall 63-27 :eek:

dawg4life
11-04-2008, 03:18 PM
ya. Bandera has been pretty hot lately. They've gotten loads better since La Vernia and If they had a consistent kicker earlier in the season, they could have been 8-1.

But cuero and La Vernia are prolly the 2 best teams in the region. Both programs have a history of winning. I was honestly surprised that La Vernia won.

STAggie
11-04-2008, 03:37 PM
If Sealy can keep up this streak and get the offense clicking for 4 quarters they will be tough to beat. I do have to say though Cuero has got to be the favorite in D1. They are playing some good ball. As far as D2 there are a couple teams you should look out for. Giddings, Bellville, and La Vernia all have a serious chance of reaching the semi's if they play up to their ability.

Pick6
11-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Will have to check with Bandera7 for more scoop on Bandera;)

Or you could check with BYY :D

gtownfan
11-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Everything else looks pretty good! Oh and let's not forget about Giddings in DII. :eek:

I think you are right, Giddings could do some damage in D2 of Region 4 if they eliminate the fumbles and stop wioth the stupid penalties (and get healthy). They played Bellville close and beat Sealy (by 6)/La Vernia (53-28 their only loss).

It's all going to depend on the bracket. The lower part of D2 Region 4 looks the weakest (if things finish as predicted in the earlier Region 4 standings/brackets).

jason
11-04-2008, 03:58 PM
division 1

Bandera - Only loss is to LaVernia and they have been beating teams with some ease. Looks like they could make a good run in the playoffs.

bandera's opponents are a combined 46-34

Cuero - Since losing to LaVernia they are whipping the heck out of teams. Only concern is if they are in game shape to play 4 quarters. They had big wins early in the season against Beeville (4a) Bat City (4a) and Rio Hondo. Cuero should be the favorite in D1 to win this region.

cuero's opponents are a combined 37-31

Division II

Bellville - Yes they lost last week, but Sealy is playing at a very high level. Bellville has a solid defense and that is what it takes to win state championships. Still a slight question about their passing game but they have a solid running game and they have high expectations.

bellville's opponents are a combined 44-31-1

Sinton - Not sure what they are doing but it is working for them. They have been solid on both sides of the ball. I have not kept up a lot with them but it sounds like they are playing great. My only question is how tough their schedule has been. However they are winning games and that is all they can control.

sinton's opponents are a combined 31-40

LaVernia - Has to be the favorite in Region IV. Beat Cuero and Bandera. They are an attack and hit you in the mouth team. Well coached and they are very confident. They will be tough to beat, Great Defense.

la vernia's opponents are a combined 44-36

44INAROW
11-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Or you could check with BYY :D

LOL... good one :)

buff4life
11-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
I think you are right, Giddings could do some damage in D2 of Region 4 if they eliminate the fumbles and stop wioth the stupid penalties (and get healthy). They played Bellville close and beat Sealy (by 6)/La Vernia (53-28 their only loss).

It's all going to depend on the bracket. The lower part of D2 Region 4 looks the weakest (if things finish as predicted in the earlier Region 4 standings/brackets).

agreed against smithville the fumbles were kept to a minimum and the offense clicked very well...if lineman can remain disciplined and not get the personal foulds Giddings will be tough..

The handled the "best" team in the region pretty easily at LaVernia

bandera7
11-05-2008, 04:18 PM
What happened with Bandera....

to start the season, things looked about normal. Would be mediocre, despite the most team speed we have ever had and some skill players with talent like we have never seen. WR Hicks has glue on his hands, FB Stevens is actually the fastest kid on the team, and easily lb for lb the strongest, and QB Hubble...well if you watched the Cowboys game this Sunday you saw all about him.

However, come Wimberley game, something happened. We developed a swagger, for no reason. You know, that attitude, no matter what we were the better team on the field attitude. Not arrogance. The kind of attitude needed, IMO, to be succesful week in and week out. They came together, and could possibly shock some people this post season. Not me though, nothing they accomplish will surprise me.

Well that was long...

Boomer
11-05-2008, 04:34 PM
You need that kind of attitude. Be careful, or you will end up like Cuero loosing to La Vernia. It was the best thing that could of happened to Cuero. I'm just glad it happened early and not in the playoffs. Confidence is a good thing, staying humble is just as good. Any given night you can loose.

nobogey72
11-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
What happened with Bandera....

to start the season, things looked about normal. Would be mediocre, despite the most team speed we have ever had and some skill players with talent like we have never seen. WR Hicks has glue on his hands, FB Stevens is actually the fastest kid on the team, and easily lb for lb the strongest, and QB Hubble...well if you watched the Cowboys game this Sunday you saw all about him.

However, come Wimberley game, something happened. We developed a swagger, for no reason. You know, that attitude, no matter what we were the better team on the field attitude. Not arrogance. The kind of attitude needed, IMO, to be succesful week in and week out. They came together, and could possibly shock some people this post season. Not me though, nothing they accomplish will surprise me.

Well that was long...

QB Hubble :confused: :confused: I didn't watch the Cowboy game Sunday. What happened?

banderafan
11-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
QB Hubble :confused: :confused: I didn't watch the Cowboy game Sunday. What happened?

Hubble was the Built Ford Tough player of the week in 3a for week seven. The show may have aired during the Cowboy game.

piratebg
11-06-2008, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by jason
sinton's opponents are a combined 31-40

Well, I guess this is where some of the negative criticism comes from. As long as we are winning, I could care less. Anything is better than a 1 win season so don't try to bring me down. :D

headhunter
11-06-2008, 11:02 AM
You can't really do anything about who you play. I believe Sinton was only able to schedule two non-district games, so your kind of limited to the competition. You have to play your district opponents and you can not control how good they are. Cuero was lucky to be able a schedule a pretty tough non-district schedule, the only bad thing is they have played nobody in district which will help them get ready for the playoffs.

The one thing you can control is making sure you continue to execute your plays, play with intensity and play at YOUR level (don't play down to your opponent).

In the playoffs it takes everyone clicking on all cylinders to keep winning and some times it takes a little luck.

BOCEPHUS
11-06-2008, 11:07 AM
somebody beat laverna and hung 50 points on'em????

who dat:thinking:

jason
11-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Well, I guess this is where some of the negative criticism comes from. As long as we are winning, I could care less. Anything is better than a 1 win season so don't try to bring me down. :D it wasn't negative, in the original post, headhunter commented on his only question about sinton was the strength of sinton's schedule, so i posted it - and decided to do all the others too, just for comparison.....

i would have still posted it if their opponents record was 50-21.......

jason
11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
somebody beat laverna and hung 50 points on'em????

who dat:thinking:

giddings beat them 53-28