PDA

View Full Version : La Grange defense

Pudlugger
11-01-2008, 05:27 PM
One thing I noticed in the game last night against Columbus was the Lep down lineman on defense lined up a good 2-3 feet away from the neutral zone. It seemed that they were giving way too much up to the offensive line. I hope the Lep DC takes a good look at the films and makes some adjustments because this might explain their problems with the run. They start out giving up a yard on each down. :rolleyes:

BOCEPHUS
11-01-2008, 06:42 PM
just by gawd why dontcha go and tell the 'lep dc' whatcha think about it!!!!!!

he is just a small fry, ........he'ell probably listen to u, or not.

while ur be at it just take a suggestion box up in the stands and get lots a good ideas for him,.....JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN U GOING GIVEE'M TO HIM, I WNAT TO BE THERE AND SEE WHERE HE GIV'EM BACK.........I'LL BUT THE BEER, AGAIN!!!!!!!

Pudlugger
11-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Maybe someone will get a clue from this post. :eek:

BOCEPHUS
11-02-2008, 06:53 PM
best clues- face 2 face, eye 2 eye, man 2 man, figur'en u may need to find one

and i could careless how they line up...............or if they line up

just know this kinda stuff needs to be handle 'out behind the field house'

crabman
11-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Coach Reeve does the same thing. I did not play football so I am no expert. I know Coach Reeve very well and asked him truly out of curiosity. He started explaining blocking lane and angles and stunts and after about 10 seconds my eyes started to glaze. He said "trust me, I know what I'm doing". And he does.

pirate4state
11-02-2008, 07:27 PM
and what is truly lost on some of us fans is that these coaches work with these KIDS everyday, see how they practice and KNOW what they can and can not handle and adjust accordingly. just cause you think little johnny is a STUD and can handle whatever gets thrown at him or comes to him doesn't mean he's gonna execute!

you are a grown man and sure you can see what HE (player) should be doing, but the fact is they are TEENAGERS and stuff happens man.

just my 2 cents...fwiw

3afan
11-02-2008, 07:55 PM
LINK (http://www.lagrange.edu/athletics/football/schedule.htm)

oops, wrong LaGrange

Pudlugger
11-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Granted they are kids, but the question remains, why give up a yard on defense before the ball is snapped? What is the logic here? This is an important question in that the Leps defense against the run is so weak. Traditionally the Leps have had exceptionally strong defenses. This has not been the case in the past 4 years. Why is that? When something as basic as the line up over the ball on defense is so blatantly wrong in a team that has lost 2 district games mostly due to a weak defense of the run I think someone should step up and give us an answer.:mad:

pirate4state
11-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Granted they are kids, but the question remains, why give up a yard on defense before the ball is snapped? What is the logic here? This is an important question in that the Leps defense against the run is so weak. Traditionally the Leps have had exceptionally strong defenses. This has not been the case in the past 4 years. Why is that? When something as basic as the line up over the ball on defense is so blatantly wrong in a team that has lost 2 district games mostly due to a weak defense of the run I think someone should step up and give us an answer.:mad:

Schedule an appointment with the coach and go ask him! It isn't gonna get answered on this message board! :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Schedule an appointment with the coach and go ask him! It isn't gonna get answered on this message board! :rolleyes:
:2thumbsup :2thumbsup