PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Gotw: Brookshire Royal Falcons 3-5 (2-2) @ Needville Blue Jays 5-3 (2-2)

TigerFan51
11-01-2008, 12:28 PM
It would appear that this game is for all the marbles for one of these two teams. The big question is...which one will it be?

IHStangFan
11-01-2008, 12:47 PM
This ought to be a pretty good game....I'm pulling for my Blue Jays!!!

TigerFan51
11-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

I'm pulling for you guys too, Stang! I see ya'll are playing at home.

R4Editor
11-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Winner is in, loser stays home -- doesn't get much bigger than this at this time of the year!

Royal is averaging 20 pts per game and giving up 20 pts per game.

Needville is averaging 28 pts per game and giving up 23 pts per game.

On paper Needville has the edge.
Needville has home field advantage.

Royal will have to build on that close game against Sweeny and hope for some Needville miscues to pull out a win in Blue Jay Country!

Thoughts? Predictions?

44INAROW
11-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Good Luck to Coach Roark and the Blue Jays:)

Necks_Fan
11-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Falcons win by 14+ barring a total meltdown.

They are too fast for the Jays.

They also have a GOOD run D.... the Jays bread and butter.

I think Royal will limti the Jays ground game with their quickness, and make enough plays with that quick QB and #12 to win it.

I'll take the Falcons 28-14.:)

IHStangFan
11-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Falcons win by 14+ barring a total meltdown.

They are too fast for the Jays.

They also have a GOOD run D.... the Jays bread and butter.

I think Royal will limti the Jays ground game with their quickness, and make enough plays with that quick QB and #12 to win it.

I'll take the Falcons 28-14.:) It is true....speed is not the Jay's strong suit....I still think the Jays can pull this off. Should be a good one!!

scrub c
11-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Much like I said when needville played sweeny.... speed kills and ROYAL is LOADED with SPEED!!!

I take Royal by 17

mac77
11-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Much like I said when needville played sweeny.... speed kills and ROYAL is LOADED with SPEED!!!

I take Royal by 17

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

Speed on Defense to be specific!

Dogs_21
11-02-2008, 10:22 PM
I never seen Royal play but i did see sweeny beat up on Needville and yes speed does kill! Im taking Royal by 10! Good Luck Falcons!

Necks_Fan
11-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by mac77
:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

Speed on Defense to be specific! Yep, I have a feeling #20 and #6 for the Falcons will be causing all kinds of hell in the backfield for the Jays.... not to mention to the GIANT DT and the MIDGET DT.

firewolf171
11-03-2008, 09:16 AM
If Brookshie Royal wins what bracket do they go to in the Playoffs????

Astro2
11-03-2008, 10:40 AM
I agree. Royal is getting back to full strength and will have too much speed and too many athletes running around for Needville to maintain. An interesting side note will be Royal’s head coach making his first trip back to Needville since he last coached there.

teetle
11-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Speed Kills. Someone said that Needville cannot run the ball , they cannot catch the ball, and they cannot throw the ball. What else is there? Brookshire wins this one Big.

4x100jackets
11-03-2008, 01:54 PM
ROYAL BY 30pts

pirate4state
11-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Dang.....poor Blue Jays don't stand a chance!

OldBison75
11-03-2008, 02:37 PM
This will be a better game than most believe. Royal has some good speed, Needville has some power (size). If Needville can establish a grind it out ofensive scheme, you know , settle for three or four yards a carry all night, they can win. I think the key will be Needville recognizing that they can run straight at Royal between the tackles. If they try to get in a sweeping, slow developing run scheme, they are in trouble.

Royal must use their speed to run the corners and play action passes. The strength of the Needville defense is in the middle.

Whichever coaching staff that chooses to play the most disciplined game plan will win. Being at home will be big for Needville.

I think the playoff atmosphere in Needville will prevail.
Needville 21
Royal 14

Necks_Fan
11-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Here's my thoughts.

Needville is good at running the ball. Brookshire is good at defending the run. Equals a push.

I think the decinding factor is the Speed B rookshire has on offense. I see ATLEAST 1 long Td for the Falcons.

Watch #12 returning kicks as well.

I just don't think Needville has the straight speed to contain Brookshire's spread offense. I think they may get burned over the top too becuase they throw the fade ALOT.

If Needville can contain AND run block better than the Necks did.... they have a chance.

I just don't see the Jays winning unless Brookshire just has a REALLY bad game.

Necks_Fan
11-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by firewolf171
If Brookshie Royal wins what bracket do they go to in the Playoffs????
I do believe they will be Div 2 as the second seed.

JDOG
11-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Royal 24
Needville 7

Needville can not run the ball against that loaded up box up front that Royal will use.

Needville can not contain Royals speed on offese. WHats that spell D-E-F-E-A-T for the Jays!

IHStangFan
11-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Dang.....poor Blue Jays don't stand a chance! nope...of course not..we're the team everyone loves to hate. Especially this 4x100Jackets character.....here's a few of his picks...

"Splendora was horriable. WC will beat Needville by 14pts. Grant looked fast but who did Splendora have? Slow white boys that ran a boring offense. Needville will be the 4th team in the District...WATCH......"

"Just remember what I said Jays will be 4th in the District !
WC
Sweeny
Royal
Jays
Whaton
Stafford
Sad to say......"

Loves to hate those Blue Jays. :)

Necks_Fan
11-03-2008, 08:05 PM
nope...of course not..we're the team everyone loves to hate. Especially this 4x100Jackets character.....here's a few of his picks...

"Splendora was horriable. WC will beat Needville by 14pts. Grant looked fast but who did Splendora have? Slow white boys that ran a boring offense. Needville will be the 4th team in the District...WATCH......"

"Just remember what I said Jays will be 4th in the District !
WC
Sweeny
Royal
Jays
Whaton
Stafford
Sad to say......"

Loves to hate those Blue Jays. :) LOL. If BR wins..... then the Jays WILL be 4th in the district.

:doh: :doh:

I just honestly think this is a nightmare matchup for Needville.

I think BR is the team they matchup against the worst of all the teams in the district.

2-ONES
11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Hey Stang, if yall draw some good officials it will offset the speed and the Jays have a good chance....More Cowbell!!!

IHStangFan
11-03-2008, 09:15 PM
LOL. If BR wins..... then the Jays WILL be 4th in the district.

:doh: :doh:

I just honestly think this is a nightmare matchup for Needville.

I think BR is the team they matchup against the worst of all the teams in the district. yeah...but that'd be the ONLY thing he's gotten right if that were to happen...WC didn't beat Needville by 14...nor are they gonna win the district as he predicted either....just another WC homer that loves to hate on Needville as far as I'm concerned. :)

TigerFan51
11-03-2008, 10:30 PM
yeah...but that'd be the ONLY thing he's gotten right if that were to happen...WC didn't beat Needville by 14...nor are they gonna win the district as he predicted either....just another WC homer that loves to hate on Needville as far as I'm concerned. :)

Stang, just take it all with a grain of salt. We weren't given a snowball's chance in h-e-doublehockeysticks to beat you guys. All I heard the week before was how we'd NEVER be able to contain you guys but the boys on both teams had the final say on the field. Your boys will have their say this Friday night and I feel they'll say it loug and clear so that they can hear it ALL the way back in Brookshire!

firewolf171
11-04-2008, 09:02 AM
I do believe they will be Div 2 as the second seed.

Thank u very much...Needed to know so i can see if we move to the same Division as them so i can tell my girl we gonna beat her town....

Crasher
11-04-2008, 10:04 AM
MAN, that guy from needville is always so upset. edited....lhpm

Astro2
11-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Crasher
MAN, that guy from needville is always so upset. edited....lhpm

Funny Stuff.....good job Needville!!

Necks_Fan
11-04-2008, 03:27 PM
yeah...but that'd be the ONLY thing he's gotten right if that were to happen...WC didn't beat Needville by 14...nor are they gonna win the district as he predicted either....just another WC homer that loves to hate on Needville as far as I'm concerned. :) For the record, I don't think he is from WC.

ALOT of people thought WC would win district, and maybe they SHOULD have because we have as much if not more talent than any team in the district.

VERY DISSAPOINTING season in 2008.

We expected to do well, and it just didn't work out for us.

themsu97
11-04-2008, 06:14 PM
I will go with Needville... #1 because I used to coach there and I think they will be prepared... #2 ROyal may be good and fast, but it has been a long time since they were in this situation, but they could be ready...

Roark is a good guy and Needville is at home... Jays in a close one... 24-19

IHStangFan
11-04-2008, 06:47 PM
MAN, that guy from needville is always so upset. edited....lhpm :) and you guys from WC and such are SOOOO drawn to it. If there's a thread w/ Needville in the title....you can bet....you guys will be there. Is WC football that boring this year you guys have to flood Needville threads? :D Oh...an I'm not upset...Life is grand!!

scrub c
11-04-2008, 08:34 PM
edited....lhpm

Crasher
11-04-2008, 11:15 PM
:) and you guys from WC and such are SOOOO drawn to it. If there's a thread w/ Needville in the title....you can bet....you guys will be there. Is WC football that boring this year you guys have to flood Needville threads? :D Oh...an I'm not upset...Life is grand!!

HEY IH STANG...I"M NOT FROM WEST COLUMBIA MAN.....YOUR ABOUT 75 MILES OFF. edited....lhpm

IHStangFan
11-04-2008, 11:26 PM
HEY IH STANG...I"M NOT FROM WEST COLUMBIA MAN.....edited....lhpm edited....lhpmPut that in your pipe and smoke it. :)

Ranger Mom
11-04-2008, 11:33 PM
HEY IH STANG...I"M NOT FROM WEST COLUMBIA MAN.....YOUR ABOUT 75 MILES OFF. I WOULD DRIVE THE EXTRA 75 MILES THOUGH FOR A DRINK WITH A CHEERLEADER! ;) MAN I'M ON A ROLL TODAY

You aren't allowed to discuss underage drinking on this board....so DON'T!!

2). Illegal activity topics are forbidden.
Topics and comments involving the promotion, sale, participation, or distribution of illegal substances and/or activities are forbidden. Examples of this are illegal drugs, underage drinking , and gambling activities. Under no circumstances will 3ADownlow be used to facilitate illegal activities of ANY kind. We intend to set a good example. (Items in the news may be excluded, but not necessarily and may depend upon the content or the direction the discussion takes.)

jayfan1
11-05-2008, 08:59 AM
good luck to the jays.
how do the playoff match ups look for this district?

4x100jackets
11-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Only thing that matches up for the Jays is the matching uniforms for basketball season, that will be handed out Monday....

I told you that the night Needville played Splendora.

scrub c
11-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Wharton and Sweeny are both in...and play each other friday.
No match up is set until the needville/royal game is complete.

royal wins, they are in and Wharton is D1 Royal and Sweeny are D2

needville wins, they are D1 and wharton and sweeny are D2...

jayfan1
11-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks!

teetle
11-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Roark is a good guy when he is sleeping.:eek: :eek:

TigerFan51
11-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by teetle

LOL, and aren't we all!!!

garciap77
11-06-2008, 08:22 PM

GO Blue Jays!

navscanmaster
11-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Go Jays!!!! They may win halftime, but that is all!

scrub c
11-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Royal WILL win the halftime entertainment show... Columbia has a great band, but for the entertainment factor, Royal has IT.

As for the football game, Royal will win unless the West Brazos Officiating crew shows up. (and that still may not be enough)

Royal is not going to dazzle you on offense, but will stymie you on defense...I have been very impressed with them on D.

teetle
11-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Sounds like one great party to me. Royal will bring the half time entertainment, the Needville cheerleaders will bring the refreshments. Wow you got to love America.:spitlol:

scrub c
11-07-2008, 11:37 AM
LMAO!!!

Astro2
11-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Sounds like one great party to me. Royal will bring the half time entertainment, the Needville cheerleaders will bring the refreshments. Wow you got to love America.:spitlol:

Funny Stuff.....I don't know if I can handle those refreshments!!!

onsideanytime
11-07-2008, 11:40 PM
27 -26 needville, great game by both teams

onsideanytime
11-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Needville wins by blocking field goal with 5 seconds remaining in the game

2-ONES
11-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Lot more cowbell.

JDOG
11-08-2008, 12:03 AM
They will be ringing the big bell and throwing down Shiners untill late tonight!

pirate4state
11-08-2008, 12:29 AM
:clap: :clap: hey what do ya know? needville DID have a chance ;)

GREAT WIN BLUE JAYS!! :2thumbsup

44INAROW
11-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Nice win for the Jays...... Congrats on the win :clap: :clap:

I haven't figured this one out yet:confused:

IHStangFan
11-08-2008, 01:57 AM
WAY TO GO JAYS!!! GREAT GAME BY BOTH TEAMS!!! VERY EXCITING!!

Now where are all of the non-believers and that crowd calling for a BR win by 2-3 TDs at? Guess BR left all of that speed the Jays couldn't handle at home tonight. :D

Crow22
11-08-2008, 10:53 AM
GREAT JOB FELLAS!!!!

Congrats from the Brazos Valley!!!

Bull's-eye
11-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Congratulations to Needville! :clap:

4x100jackets
11-08-2008, 08:30 PM
I sat up all night staring at the wall in SHOCK...I would have bet a years salary and lost.... Good job jays...hate to say that... I am stunned and still speechless.