PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Sealy

Pudlugger
11-01-2008, 10:51 AM
The Leps (5-4) play Sealy (6-3) fresh off a big win against a determined Columbus team. Sealy boasts a big come from behind win over district leader Bellville and will have a ton of momentum going into this game. The Leps have had difficulty on defense all season against the run and now must face one of the best rbs in 3a. The Leps offense is again hitting on all cylinders with an improved running game and dangerous passing attack. The addition of a tight end set has proven to be an antidote to the blitzing linebackers that proved to be the Achilles Heel in the Bellville game. With better protection the Lep qbs have been effective in finding open receivers down field. It might be another high scoring game with whoever has the ball in the final 2 minutes winning.

gobbler grad
11-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Sealy's pumped up...should be a good game and fairly close...:thinking: good luck to both teams

pirate4state
11-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Sealy 27
La Grange 14

Sealy just held Bellville (or Bellville held themselves) to ZERO 2nd half points. 2nd half adjustments are Mitchell's speciality. He will have his team foaming at the mouth ready to win this game.

Good Luck!

zebrablue2
11-01-2008, 11:24 AM
this will be the lep's playoff game, last of the season, but the tigers will be too much to handle. sealy by 2 tds...

OldBison75
11-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Sealy has found out that they can win against good teams and will be ready to rumble. LaGrange will find a Sealy defense that is strong and quick and may not have the weapons to exploit it. If Lagrange can establish a little of a running game, Sealy will tee off and LaGrange will suffer. Sealy 35 LaGrange 14.

Pudlugger
11-01-2008, 12:43 PM
In many ways this game is sort of a Mulligan for the Bellville game. Both teams are very evenly matched and play tough defense and have powerful rbs. The Leps learned a lot from the Bellville loss and subsequent Smithville pounding. They have made some critical adjustments and are showing some stiffness on defense. If the Tigers do not take them seriously or suffer a let down the Leps might jump them. For the Leps it is the end of the season and they have nothing to lose. For Sealy it is a warm up before the playoffs having already clinched a bid.

HEMOTOXIC
11-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
In many ways this game is sort of a Mulligan for the Bellville game. Both teams are very evenly matched and play tough defense and have powerful rbs. The Leps learned a lot from the Bellville loss and subsequent Smithville pounding. They have made some critical adjustments and are showing some stiffness on defense. If the Tigers do not take them seriously or suffer a let down the Leps might jump them. For the Leps it is the end of the season and they have nothing to lose. For Sealy it is a warm up before the playoffs having already clinched a bid.

Who is the powerful back for the Leps?

Pudlugger
11-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Who is the powerful back for the Leps?

No no, I meant Bellville and Sealy are very similar and both have powerful running backs. I wish the Leps had one too but they have some decent small backs with good speed and the qbs have been effective on the draws and keepers lately as well.

Pudlugger
11-02-2008, 05:11 PM
I guess the Sealy posters are looking ahead to the playoffs. That's fine.:D

pirate4state
11-02-2008, 05:15 PM
I guess the Sealy posters are looking ahead to the playoffs. That's fine.:D Or they are still celebrating their big win. ;)

3aSoftball4Mom
11-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sealy 27
La Grange 14

Sealy just held Bellville (or Bellville held themselves) to ZERO 2nd half points. 2nd half adjustments are Mitchell's speciality. He will have his team foaming at the mouth ready to win this game.

Good Luck!
Careful p4s .....

TRENCHES06
11-02-2008, 07:19 PM
I think Sealy should rest their running back. Don't wanna get hurt before playoffs

pirate4state
11-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom
Careful p4s .....
yeah, God forbid I cheer my friend(s) on :rolleyes:

Pudlugger
11-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Sealy is always tough and they need to get ready for the playoffs so just take it easy this week and the Leps will take care of everything.:D :D :D

teetle
11-03-2008, 09:58 AM
The Tigers will take this one. Congratulations to The Tigers and Coach Mitchell. I told you that Coach Mitchell knew a good team when he saw one. Everybody was saying that they would fold. I even said that we did now want any of the Raiders and I still believe that because at the time they would have prpbably kicked our butt. Not now though. The Tigers are rolling. Good luck to the Tigers and Coach Mitchell and Coach Burchum.

44INAROW
11-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sealy 27
La Grange 14

Sealy just held Bellville (or Bellville held themselves) to ZERO 2nd half points.

Good Luck!

I thought it was the coaches fault:eek:

Good Luck Tigers - the Leps will put up a good fight - should be a good game

STAggie
11-03-2008, 10:33 AM
I am ready for this game to see how our passing d looks. We haven't faced a good passing team since Navasota and I want to see how we do now that we have made our adjustments and are on the right page. I believe the Leps aren't ready for the speed from our d and will be unable to adjust. Our offense will hopefully feature some of our less uesd weapons this week in a gear up for the playoffs. In the end Sealy is just playing to good of ball right now.

Sealy 35
La Grange 14

Astro2
11-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Sealy wins this easily....they will roll into the playoffs with tons on
momentum. They will more than likely face Wharton.

Tiger Turtle
11-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Historically, it is always a tossup when Sealy and LG square off. Sealy seems to be putting together a stretch run while the Leps are down a bit this year but I would never consider it a foregone conclusion. LG broke our 4-peat winning streak back in '97 and Sealy won an early season game the last time LG won state. Save me a spot along the fence, Pud, and let's play some f'ball.

blackbroth
11-03-2008, 11:47 AM
If the Downey kid is not allowed back on the team, Sealy goes o-fer in district. They did not do anything without him. I think that Sealy relies on Downey to carry the load way too much to make a deep run. They are a good team with a great runningback and a good defense. Downey is the real deal and he can carry them for a few rounds in the playoffs but unless someone else steps up on the offense they will not go too far. If Bellville would have giving the Ball to Nunn on 4th and one, this game Friday might have been winner take all. I like Sealy's overall team speed and if the Leps do not have 8 guys hitting Downey every play Sealy wins.

Bull19
11-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by blackbroth
If the Downey kid is not allowed back on the team, Sealy goes o-fer in district. They did not do anything without him. I think that Sealy relies on Downey to carry the load way too much to make a deep run. They are a good team with a great runningback and a good defense. Downey is the real deal and he can carry them for a few rounds in the playoffs but unless someone else steps up on the offense they will not go too far. If Bellville would have giving the Ball to Nunn on 4th and one, this game Friday might have been winner take all. I like Sealy's overall team speed and if the Leps do not have 8 guys hitting Downey every play Sealy wins. true downey is the team for the most part. the other back #22? i think looked alright, but downey carries the team and has the speed to break it on any play which makes him a dangerous runner. if the leps can control downey they have a good shoot at picking up the win. sealy's defense is good, but i think bellville might have slowed them down for the leps this week. #11 for sealy is prolly still throwing up blood after getting run over by nunn all night.

STAggie
11-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by blackbroth
If the Downey kid is not allowed back on the team, Sealy goes o-fer in district. They did not do anything without him. I think that Sealy relies on Downey to carry the load way too much to make a deep run. They are a good team with a great runningback and a good defense. Downey is the real deal and he can carry them for a few rounds in the playoffs but unless someone else steps up on the offense they will not go too far. If Bellville would have giving the Ball to Nunn on 4th and one, this game Friday might have been winner take all. I like Sealy's overall team speed and if the Leps do not have 8 guys hitting Downey every play Sealy wins.

WOW! I get really tired of these same posts from people. Downey is not our team. In fact he was stopped all night until the last drive against Bellville and we still found a way to win. I think this week will we show you what we can do without him, as I think they will give him a much deserved rest. Stop crying cause Sealy did what it had to do and forced your team out of a long shot playoff appearence.

STAggie
11-04-2008, 02:23 PM
This thread needs some life.

La Grange will be lucky to score 7 on the mighty Tiger defense.

:stirpot: :eek:

Bull19
11-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
This thread needs some life.

La Grange will be lucky to score 7 on the mighty Tiger defense.

:stirpot: :eek: is sealy gunna have enough this week to pull out another lucky win???? i dont think so

STAggie
11-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
is sealy gunna have enough this week to pull out another lucky win???? i dont think so

The question is if Bellville will have enough excuses to make themselves feel better if Smithville upsets them.

Bull19
11-04-2008, 04:09 PM
The question is if Bellville will have enough excuses to make themselves feel better if Smithville upsets them. man i wish just trying to stir yalls thread up a little, seems like ur trying to blend it up into a liquid....................

STAggie
11-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
man i wish just trying to stir yalls thread up a little, seems like ur trying to blend it up into a liquid....................

I am just bored at work and was trying to spice it up to entertain myself.

Pudlugger
11-04-2008, 05:12 PM
This could be a trap game for Sealy. Leps will roll.

STAggie
11-05-2008, 10:49 AM
This could be a trap game for Sealy. Leps will roll.

U SERIOUS?

teetle
11-05-2008, 10:56 AM
there ain't no luck envolved in the Sealy victories. I bin tellin you that Coach Mitchell knowed what he bin doing. He bin there before. Tigers win. Enuff said.:1omg!:

OldBison75
11-05-2008, 11:53 AM
In the middle of the internal nightmare at Sealy, they played the Navasota Rattlers in a game that was not originally on the schedule, so not much scouting was done. Navasota beat them handily, but I said then and still believe they are better than what they showed that night. The defense has good speed and likes to swarm to the ball. The offense was adequate against the Rattlers, but made too many miscues. Blown assignments, fumbles, and just plain confusion by new people in new positions slowed down any consistency.

They have another running back besides Downey, since Downey did not play against us, that can gain some yards for them. The QB is athletic, can run, and passes fairly well. Against Navasota he was the only real threat and was under the gun all night.

DO NOT under estimate how good they can be. I believe that Sealy will be winning playoff game until they meet Cuero. If they get to that game injury free, it will be a helluval game.

TRENCHES06
11-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Cuero will absolutely destroy Sealy

STAggie
11-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
In the middle of the internal nightmare at Sealy, they played the Navasota Rattlers in a game that was not originally on the schedule, so not much scouting was done. Navasota beat them handily, but I said then and still believe they are better than what they showed that night. The defense has good speed and likes to swarm to the ball. The offense was adequate against the Rattlers, but made too many miscues. Blown assignments, fumbles, and just plain confusion by new people in new positions slowed down any consistency.

They have another running back besides Downey, since Downey did not play against us, that can gain some yards for them. The QB is athletic, can run, and passes fairly well. Against Navasota he was the only real threat and was under the gun all night.

DO NOT under estimate how good they can be. I believe that Sealy will be winning playoff game until they meet Cuero. If they get to that game injury free, it will be a helluval game.

Very good post. For anyone still judging us on the Navasota game, you need to watch some new film. Our offense is more well rounded than most people think and if we cut out the stupid penalties and missed blocking assignments we will be tough to beat. I really hope we get that match up with Cuero, they always give us a great game and I have always kinda looked at it as a rivalry, although one we don't get to play every year.

44INAROW
11-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06

I assume you've seen both teams play - (albeit probably early in the season) You really think Cuero is that much better than Sealy? What impressed you about Cuero? Not being a SmartA$$ here, I am asking seriously.. :)

STAggie
11-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06

If they do destroy us, at least it was by a good team in the PLAYOFFS, and not by every team in our district but one.

Pudlugger
11-05-2008, 01:08 PM
If they do destroy us, at least it was by a good team in the PLAYOFFS, and not by every team in our district but one.

I love how the Sealy folks have already beaten the Leps and are looking ahead to the late rounds in Region IV D1. ;)

TRENCHES06
11-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Not really a slam on Sealy as much as it is a compliment to Cuero.
They are GOOD.

teetle
11-05-2008, 02:11 PM
The Leps season is over. They are young and will rebound next year. Nobody is looking ahead. But the Leps cannot do anything about it. Roll out the round balls and get ahead start on everyone.

STAggie
11-05-2008, 02:27 PM
I love how the Sealy folks have already beaten the Leps and are looking ahead to the late rounds in Region IV D1. ;)

Not looking past anyone. Just a comment on his opinion of us gettinfg destroyed by Cuero, which I now know wasn't a shot at us, so I kinda feel bad. Kinda.:D

Pudlugger
11-06-2008, 06:53 PM
The Leps will be playing their last game of the season tomorrow night against a renewed and talented Sealy team. If the Leps are determined to end their season on a positive note and play with all their heart they may well take this game. It is hard to not be looking ahead to the playoffs in this circumstance and for Sealy this game is just a chore to be handled before the real deal next week. Go Leps!

navscanmaster
11-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Sealy 39 La Grange 13. La Grange will keep it heated in the first half. All Sealy after the bands are done.

pirate4state
11-07-2008, 04:42 PM
GO TIGERS!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2008, 09:59 AM

Congrats to go La Grange! Things always finds a way to come back around! Way to go leps beating sealy @ thier place!

zebrablue2
11-08-2008, 10:57 AM

is it one? or maybe just maybe::thinking: two... congrats to the leps..

pirate4state
11-08-2008, 02:31 PM
props to the Leps. :clap:

Tigers needed to make a statement with this game, not sure this is the one they had in mind. ;)

Good Luck in the playoffs.

Bull's-eye
11-08-2008, 02:43 PM
No crying symbols from me, good luck to the Tigers in the playoffs. Represent D25 well!

Kickin It
11-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by teetle
The Leps season is over. They are young and will rebound next year. Nobody is looking ahead. But the Leps cannot do anything about it. Roll out the round balls and get ahead start on everyone.

If no one has realized it yet TEETLE is a flat out IDIOT band wagon fan. I hope that no one from LG or any other team in D-25 takes this Sealy Tiger wanna-bee to heart. All he does is flap his skin flute playin mouth in hopes of getting someone mad.