PDA

View Full Version : How is it possible....

Mustangpride09
11-01-2008, 02:07 AM
To have three division 1 players on an offense and still not make the playoffs in 3A?

kepdawg
11-01-2008, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
To have three division 1 players on an offense and still not make the playoffs in 3A?

There's more to the game than offense.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-01-2008, 02:12 AM
To have three division 1 players on an offense and still not make the playoffs in 3A? it might work in 4a but not in 3a, TEAM wins in 3a :p

GetRDoneStangs
11-01-2008, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
it might work in 4a but not in 3a, TEAM wins in 3a :p

That statement says ALOT about what this years Sweetwater TEAM is all about!!!!

You look at them on paper....heck look at them on the sidelines......they ain't the biggest dog in the hunt.

But there is plenty hunt in these dogs.....er...Mustangs!!!

Sville
11-01-2008, 02:31 AM
Count me as one of the ones that thought Bwood would dominate in 3A. I really cant believe they are 3-6 and will probably miss the playoffs. I bet there is a lot of grumbling going on at the local coffee shop.

Looking4number8
11-01-2008, 09:12 AM

I will tell you how it is possible. In the 4 distrtict games played, I dont think we have punted a single time. We have either scored or had a turnover(13 in district). I could not find official stat, but if we have punted it has not been more than once or twice.

The other side of that is opposing teams have not punted either. They either score or... well they just score. We have only caused one turnover in district and that was an interception against Wylie.

We do have an awesome offense but have just struggled on defense. I have become a believer in the statement defense wins championships!

Ranger Mom
11-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I will tell you how it is possible. In the 4 distrtict games played, I dont think we have punted a single time. We have either scored or had a turnover(13 in district). I could not find official stat, but if we have punted it has not been more than once or twice.

The other side of that is opposing teams have not punted either. They either score or... well they just score. We have only caused one turnover in district and that was an interception against Wylie.

We do have an awesome offense but have just struggled on defense. I have become a believer in the statement defense wins championships!

It was said earlier that losing a certain player to Early wasn't going to hurt yall.....in hindsight, do you think losing that player did?

I know one player isn't the whole team, but I certainly believe it can effect the dynamics.

Just wondering!

4x100jackets
11-01-2008, 10:11 AM

Because the team they play have 4 Division 1 players on Defense.

Looking4number8
11-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It was said earlier that losing a certain player to Early wasn't going to hurt yall.....in hindsight, do you think losing that player did?

I know one player isn't the whole team, but I certainly believe it can effect the dynamics.

Just wondering!

Well it did not help but not there is more to it than his ability. Look at the 2A team he went to. While he was still healthy they were 1-2 with the only win against a team with absoutly nothing this year.

I know he would have prevented some of the long runs against us this year because with his speed he would have run them down. However he could not be everywhere on the field. I do not think he would have changed our record much.

Necks_Fan
11-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Losing Vacarro probably didn;t hurt you much on the actual field, but it hurts the dynamics and pstche of the team.

They probably lost alot of confidence when he left.

JMO. I think the D would have been better, nothing special, but better and thus enable Brownwood to get some W's.

They can score with ANY team in 3A.

Looking4number8
11-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Losing Vacarro probably didn;t hurt you much on the actual field, but it hurts the dynamics and pstche of the team.

JMO. I think the D would have been better, nothing special, but better and thus enable Brownwood to get some W's.

It does'nt really matter, what's done is done. He is out of football for 18 months and looks like we will be out of football for about 10 months.

Did not work out for any of us.

VWG
11-01-2008, 11:23 AM
That kid Longoria is a talented player on the defensive side of the ball.
It all starts up front though. D-line for Brownwood is not their strength. You can't get pushed around and not be able to put pressure on the QB.

Looking4number8
11-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by VWG
That kid Longoria is a talented player on the defensive side of the ball.
It all starts up front though. D-line for Brownwood is not their strength. You can't get pushed around and not be able to put pressure on the QB.

and he is just a sophomore...

By the way, did you see our Freshman running back last night? He was #38 and he is going to be a stud... shoot, I think he already is!

STANG RED
11-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

Personally I think it was a huge lose for them. As a top notch player he could have probobly stopped a few of the big plays they gave up before they even got started. With leadership he could have possibly inspired the other D players to play better also. One player can have a huge impact on a team, especially at this level. I've seen it happen many times before.
I believe Bwood will have lots of success at the 3A level in the long run, but they sure took their knocks this first season. But I have a feeling they'll come into next season with a whole different attitude, and a much better defense. Reality hit them square in the kisser this season, now lets see what they've learned from it.