PDA

View Full Version : Navasota 42, Cameron 21 - Thoughts

navscanmaster
11-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Cameron ran the spread option against Navasota very well, but unfortunately, they were not very disciplined on the exchanges. Turnovers killed an otherwise sound offensive game plan against an all too typical read and react Rattler defense. I have to give the QB Townsend props for always finding the hole to scramble into, and RB Wells is a compact, very quick runner that will not be arm tackled. #70 was in our backfield most of the night, and he couldn't have been taller than 5' flat. Take away those turnovers, we could still be playing.

For the Rattlers, Gaston Lamascus came up big. Two touchdown catches, one with a run after the catch, as well as 2 completions passing, one on a fumbled PAT snap for 2 pts and the other on a reverse pass. Ask him, and the only thing he will remember is the first down pass he dropped. Dexter Pratt came up big...on defense. He broke up a double reverse, forced a fumble, and recovered it all on one play, and would have scored if he hadn't tripped. Wow is all I can say. You try to shut the recruits down, and the rest of the TEAM says "hey, not so fast!"

Good luck against Caldwell, Yoemen. Rattlers get ready for Whaley and the Mustangs!

HEMOTOXIC
11-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Finally, another complete game from the Rattlers. They looked great tonight. They came out ready to play. Kudos to #5 & the QB #4 for Cameron.

Good job Snakes!

bigYoe
11-01-2008, 02:49 AM
good game to the Rattlers for their big explosive performance. Sounds like Cameron might not make the playoffs after all. ANyway lets go Cameront lets get it together and play a good away game against the hornets.

d_scott81
11-01-2008, 07:15 AM
There's no reason we should have been beaten that bad. They new that Navasotoa was going to be tough. They came out big headed and they gave up the chance to be District Champs. But good job overall. Good Luck to Cameron beat the Hornets.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-01-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by bigYoe
good game to the Rattlers for their big explosive performance. Sounds like Cameron might not make the playoffs after all. ANyway lets go Cameront lets get it together and play a good away game against the hornets.

why should they miss? they beat Caldwell and they're in. Sota fans themselves say turnovers were key and turnovers have NOT been an issue all season so hopefully that is out of their system now. Cameron can beat Caldwell. Believe me.

HEMOTOXIC
11-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
why should they miss? they beat Caldwell and they're in. Sota fans themselves say turnovers were key and turnovers have NOT been an issue all season so hopefully that is out of their system now. Cameron can beat Caldwell. Believe me.

If Caldwell can repeat the perfomance that they had against Navasota, it will be tough for the Yoemen. However, this should be a great contest. Two teams playing for the final playoff spot.

Good Luck to both teams.

cameron91
11-01-2008, 09:38 AM
great game for the rattlers.

thats how you start a game with a 95 yard kick off return.IMO, I think that was the key to the game.I said that special teams would be a factor in this game.

rattlers took away cameron passing attack that really made the difference in this game.great game planning by the head ball coach.

the drive right before halftime and the first drive in the 3rd quarter really sealed cameron faith last night..I'm not a if'er but if cameron put those points on the score board it could have been a different ball game.then again , who knows the way the rattler was playing defense ,they may not have scored at all.

good luck rattlers on a complete game all around..

HEMOTOXIC
11-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by cameron91
great game for the rattlers.

thats how you start a game with a 95 yard kick off return.IMO, I think that was the key to the game.I said that special teams would be a factor in this game.

rattlers took away cameron passing attack that really made the difference in this game.great game planning by the head ball coach.

the drive right before halftime and the first drive in the 3rd quarter really sealed cameron faith last night..I'm not a if'er but if cameron put those points on the score board it could have been a different ball game.then again , who knows the way the rattler was playing defense ,they may not have scored at all.

good luck rattlers on a complete game all around..

Agreed. If Cameron's passing game would have caught on, it would definatly have been a different game.

bigYoe
11-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas

Well from what i've heard Rockdale is gonna be in no matter what? dont know for sure but yea man i know Cameron can beat Caldwell. last night was the ONLY game i've missed all season and thats because im in Austin at my brothers. Believe me i know how well we can play when we're not SCARED. My uncle was at the game and told me they were basically playing SCARED. Well i know my cousin Michael and the 7th grade team beat them pretty well thursday, hopefully the Varsity will get it together and be prepared for Caldwell next week.

OldBison75
11-01-2008, 11:11 AM
This was a game where the turnovers, some forced and some not, made a big difference in the final score. Cameron fumbled 5 times and lost three. In almost every case, these fumbles stopped drives that were moving the ball well. The Rattlers did take away the Cameron passing game and that hurt the Cameron offense. Wells and Townsend are only juniors and if they keep playing like they did last night, Cameron will be okay.
Cameron beat Navasota everywhere in the statistics except turnovers. However, the Navasota defense again bent but did not break. A long , diving catch by Townsend on a pass that Townsend threw after scrambling all over the place was the only real mistake the Rattler Defense made all night. Everything else was hard earned by Cameron. There were alot of hard hits and tough running on both sides. The Rattlers just had too many weapons.

To the Cameron faithful, keep you heads up and don't get down on your team, they are pretty good. The are better than you believe this morning. They play hard, hustle on every play, and being largely a bunch of sophmores and juniors, will win alot of games for you in the near future.

Congratulations on a good clean game.

martwayne
11-01-2008, 11:42 AM
i went to the game and that #5, wells i think it is, man thats a fast and good running kid he will make anyone in the state of texas miss in the open field, but give that rattler defense its props it held the cameron passing attack in check and as everyone says, we have alot of weapons and are hard to stop

trojandad
11-01-2008, 11:44 AM
props to the rattlers....proved me wrong.....

navscanmaster
11-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
props to the rattlers....proved me wrong.....
They have come a long way from the 3-7 team of sophomores you played in 2006. BTW, that 22-17 loss was the first game that Jacolby Stokes was the official starter at quarterback. He was a sophomore battling junior quarterback Tremarlon Mock. After Stokes beat out Mock, Tremarlon played a little receiver and quit to focus on basketball his senior year. Gaston Lamascus was without a doubt the player of the game. 5 catches for 88 yards, two touchdowns, two completed passes, and a couple of tackles on defense. It shows that you can load up on Pratt, double Jackson, and still not contain the Rattler offense. One of Gaston's catches was made after an obvious PI by a Yoe defender that was not called. I think they were making up for calling the PI against the Yoemen one play before that was sketchy.

ProudHornetMom
11-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks and congratulations Rattlers!:clap: