PDA

View Full Version : 8-1 Bellville Brahmas vs 5-4 Smithville Tigers

JR2004
11-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Does Bellville rebound with a road win to end the regular season or do they go into the playoffs with back-to-back losses?

Brahma84
11-01-2008, 01:03 AM
If Bellville does not step it up on offense, they will not go far in the playoffs. The defense continues to play well, holding Sealy to only 215 total yards, and Downey to just 80. Turnovers and poor offensive execution are killing us right now. Nunn has been the bright spot, tonight he rushed for 222 yards. Bellville needs to have a strong offensive performance against Smithville or our playoff run will be very short.

zebrablue2
11-01-2008, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Does Bellville rebound with a road win to end the regular season or do they go into the playoffs with back-to-back losses?

JR. starting a Bellville poll?? What is this world coming to? Win or lose, the playoffs start a whole new season. The brahmas will do well....:2thumbsup:

Bull's-eye
11-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84
If Bellville does not step it up on offense, they will not go far in the playoffs. The defense continues to play well, holding Sealy to only 215 total yards, and Downey to just 80. Turnovers and poor offensive execution are killing us right now. Nunn has been the bright spot, tonight he rushed for 222 yards. Bellville needs to have a strong offensive performance against Smithville or our playoff run will be very short.

Bellville had over 300 yards rushing, so I wouldn't blame this totally on them. In fact 2 costly turnovers and the defense getting burned on 2 pass plays contribute to this loss. On the first play for Sealy, the Bellville DB bites on hitch and gets burned deep for a TD. They also allow the halfback pass for another score. Bellville offense does need to improve their passing game, sometimes there were bad throws and other times the receivers just dropped the ball.

Brahma84
11-01-2008, 09:47 AM
The defense spent too much time on the field late in the game. Two of the touchdowns came on a short field for Sealy. The offense has to be able to keep putting up points in a close game. Sealy shut the offense out the second half. I do agree that Nunn ran great, maybe his best game all year. Our O line had a few new #'s out there last night. Good to see some of those guys back. Bellville needs to put this one behind them and focus on the last district game and then the playoffs.

zaley
11-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Bellville offense is lacking very much so. The defense is really doing good, and has won the last 2-3 games for the Brahmas. If the offense can get it together then they should have a win come Friday.

Can the O get it together so late in the season??

I guess Friday we'll know.

gobbler grad
11-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Bellville bounces back...and then gets ready for the playoffs...good luck

Necks_Fan
11-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Bellville should have no trouble unless they play as sloppy as they did this week.

I look for them to win BIG. 3 TD's.

pirate4state
11-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Bellville bounces back...and then gets ready for the playoffs...good luck Agreed

I'll say 35-14 Bellville over Smithville

OldBison75
11-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Iff Bellville can shake off the disappointment of the Sealy loss, they should win this game by at least 14. If they go in to the game felling sorry for themselves, Smithville is good enough to beat them on a sluggish night. I think Bellville will find the motivation to bounce and get primed for the playoffs. Bellville 28
Smithville 13.

Bull's-eye
11-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
The offense has to be able to keep putting up points in a close game. Sealy shut the offense out the second half.

IMO, the coaches got too conservative in the 2nd half. I noticed Bellville was letting the play clock run down and doing it's best to protect the lead. Should of been more agressive and went for the knock out punch.

MJMbrahmas10
11-03-2008, 07:55 PM
word going around is there might be a change in quarterback. sophomore knoll might be the one starting this week at qb for the bulls and mueller most likely going back to tight end. i think this would open up the bulls offense. knoll can throw and run pretty good and mueller has the play maker ability with his size and this should open up the running game more for runnels houston and nunn. not saying it will happen this is just what i was told today.

Bull19
11-03-2008, 08:22 PM
should be interesting to see how bellville responds after the loss. seeing all the players crying and moping around after the sealy game leads me to believe that it make take them a while to get over the loss and this could possibly effect their game this week. they need to put that game behind them, move on and get prepared for the payoffs. wouldnt suprise me to see this game come down to the final drive for the brahmas.

rancher
11-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Like I have been saying all year. O-line is weak link. I have also been very disappointed at the QB play. I had high hopes and saw good signs early, but the QB play has taken several steps back. The passing game at this point is bad. The offensive woes are not entirely his fault, count the number of balls dropped on passes and placed on the ground at the wrong time by the backs. But I agree, the QB play better get better quick or it will be a very short run in the playoffs.

popcorn screen
11-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Bellville out to make a statement. They win big

scotty
11-03-2008, 08:47 PM
One loss by one point is a big disappointment, but perfect seasons are hard to come by. Remember, only the 1938 Brahmas were able to accomplish it. But Bellville’s defense is as good as ever; #50 is something special on defense; #32 is special on offense; and as a team Bellville will be fine. I don’t predict scores, but I just can’t see anyone beating Bellville or Giddings in Region 4 DII. And I think they will meet for the region-4 championship. On the other hand whoever advances in the bi-district match-up between D25-D26 will face Cuero in the second round…a tough assignment. The bi-district round could be the toughest for D-25 DII in region 4. We’ll see.

Bulligator
11-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by scotty
On the other hand whoever advances in the bi-district match-up between D25-D26 will face Cuero in the second round…a tough assignment. The bi-district round could be the toughest for D-25 DII in region 4. We’ll see.

From the playoff thread, Cuero is going in Div I. La Vernia may be the team that they will face.

Buffgal
11-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Bellville should take this game, using only Nunn as their offensive weapon would be enough. Bellville's defense will without a doubt take care of anything the Tigers have on the other side. Bellville 35-Smithville 7.

Biggest threat in this game will be the Injury Plague.
Bellville needs to continue to stay healthy. That may be the biggest problem facing the Bulls in this game. I would recommend growing a new pair of eyes in the back of your head

In Giddings game, Tigers showed some frustrations and it began to show by the third quarter. Lots of stuff happening out there that was more than pushing, it was unnecessary and after the play had been whistled and could have resulted in some very very serious injuries. & I'm not talking about chop blocks, etc. I'm talkin twisting kids heads around.:(

Hope the refs take charge and keep it under control.

zaley
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
word going around is there might be a change in quarterback. sophomore knoll might be the one starting this week at qb for the bulls and mueller most likely going back to tight end. i think this would open up the bulls offense. knoll can throw and run pretty good and mueller has the play maker ability with his size and this should open up the running game more for runnels houston and nunn. not saying it will happen this is just what i was told today.

I heard that same rumor going around too. At this point, I think any change is good. We've seen the qb position deteriorate more and more each week instead of improving every week. I know Knoll has qb'd b/f and has mostly played that position since very young. If the rumor is true, I hope he does a good job like I know he can.

Bull19
11-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by zaley
I heard that same rumor going around too. At this point, I think any change is good. We've seen the qb position deteriorate more and more each week instead of improving every week. I know Knoll has qb'd b/f and has mostly played that position since very young. If the rumor is true, I hope he does a good job like I know he can. what grade is knoll in?

zebrablue2
11-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
what grade is knoll in?

soph. according to a earlier post..

zaley
11-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Knoll is a sophomore

trg
11-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Well whatever the coaches decide to do, I hope the Bulls come out, play as a team, and play injury free football. Go BULLS!!! We are backing you and will be proud no matter what. Just leave it all on the field.

Global Swarming
11-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Man, what happened to Smithville? I thought that this was going to be a special year for them.

pirate4state
11-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Man, what happened to Smithville? I thought that this was going to be a special year for them. They finished 2-8 last year with ZERO district wins, this year they are 5-4, with a 38-0 win over La Grange. Baby steps.

zebrablue2
11-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
They finished 2-8 last year with ZERO district wins, this year they are 5-4, with a 38-0 win over La Grange. Baby steps.

very good steps for the tigers. they were in a very tough district. other districts they would have made the playoffs easily. they will play the bulls tough friday night, that is their playoff game....

MJMbrahmas10
11-05-2008, 08:47 PM
knoll is a sophmore he didnt play last year due to injury. i talked to some of the players about this rumor and they said he has been getting some reps with the first team but they highly doubt that he will start, but are lookin for him to get a couple of series in friday night

buff4ever
11-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Smithville will definetely win this game!:D :D :D :D :D

duckhunter
11-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Smithville will definetely win this game!:D :D :D :D :D i agree. smithville has a good shot since the brahmas are coming off a tough loss. i think the tigers upset the brahmas friday night 16-10

teetle
11-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Wishful thinking. Bellville will win this game. :bigcry: :bigcry:

trg
11-06-2008, 09:16 AM
I think the Bulls will rebound and take care of business in this game. Go Bulls!

BrahmaMom
11-06-2008, 12:50 PM
I think the loss to Sealy will make the Brahmas stronger, more determined. Knoll should be a change at qb; I like to see us mix things up a bit. If he can do it, and I believe he can, it bodes well for the Brahmas for the next couple years. I give Mueller kudos for his role and willingness to do what it takes for the team. We have lots of knowledgeable posters who love the Bulls, I love to see it! GO BRAHMAS!!

roughneck_2008
11-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Bellville is too strong for the tigers, they win

Brahma84
11-06-2008, 03:49 PM
I think that they want to see Knoll take a few snaps with the first team. He might be needed in the play-offs if Mueller would get hurt. I don't see him replacing Mueller at this point. They will be giving a few other guys looks in different positions this week. I think they are looking at some guys at TE and running back. Jackson is also going to be back playing defense. We just need to get through this game with no injuries.

MJMbrahmas10
11-06-2008, 04:40 PM
i know browning has tried some TE at practice but who is the person trying RB

BrahmaMom
11-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Re-reading my post, I wasn't clear. I don't think Knoll will replace Mueller at all. I think it is nice to have the option to use another qb. I refuse to think about injuries--ugh! But a 2 qb team could be fun, I think. Mueller's an athlete and can play wherever. Let's get ready for some football, Brahmas!

BOCEPHUS
11-06-2008, 10:30 PM
SMITHVIILE BY 21................AW HECK, I FORGOT, THIS AIN'T WEEK 4 NO MORE, IS WEEK 10, REALITY CHECK ...........AGAIN

trg
11-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Congrats to the Bellville Freshman last night on the win over Smithville:
Bellville 34 Smithville 6
That makes the Freshman 10-0 this season. Way to go Bulls.

Congrats to Bellville JV also
Bellville 40 Smithville 0

Keep the ball rolling into tonights game. Go BULLS

BrahmaMom
11-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Way to go Frosh and JV!! Those games give us a preview of what to expect Friday night at times. If so, the Brahmas should be able to punish the Tigers of Smithville for last week's Tiger attack! Let's go after Smithville, Bulls!!

Bull's-eye
11-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Good luck Brahmas! Good time to start another 7+ game winning streak. :)

zebrablue2
11-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Good luck Brahmas! Good time to start another 7+ game winning streak. :)

:iagree: Good luck bulls..

zebrablue2
11-08-2008, 09:18 AM
congrats to the brahmas.:2thumbsup:

ProudHornetMom
11-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Way to go Brahmas! You've had a great season and will do well in playoffs. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
11-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Way to go Brahmas! You've had a great season and will do well in playoffs. :clap: :clap: :clap:

You might be my favorite poster on this board, always the one with kind words & a dozen kolaches. :) Say hi to all my friends in Caldwell and good luck to the Hornets.

BrahmaMom
11-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Good job, Bulls!! Way to go! Great season, but it's not over. One game at a time. I thought Knoll did a good job at qb, Mueller looked great receiving. Coach C seemed to have fun with his players with the water at the end--that was fun to see! It was a great way to end the regular season. Let's get fired up, Bulls!!

Bull's-eye
11-08-2008, 02:29 PM
I was really impressed with a few new wrinkles in the Bellville offense. QB Mueller had a really good game throwing & catching the ball. This is the kind of QB play that could take Bellville to the next level. Very effective passing game mixed with hard running by Nunn & Runnels. Loved the little slant to the TE #6, he looks like he could be a threat running after the catch. Good to see #54 back at LB where he belongs.

Talked to several really nice people from Smithville. Hopefully, they have turned their football program in the right direction. A little more success and they may get that new stadium built. Even though the stands were small, I liked being that close to the action. We also got to see the different landmarks from the movies that were filmed there.

BrahmaMom
11-08-2008, 03:11 PM
You are right, Bull's-eye--It was a good night all around for the Brahmas! Could it have been our best game of the season? I finally got the intensity I've been looking for. I, too, was impressed with the Smithville hospitality--nice folks. The football weather just added to the evening! Let's go, Bulls!!

Bull's-eye
11-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
You are right, Bull's-eye--It was a good night all around for the Brahmas! Could it have been our best game of the season? I finally got the intensity I've been looking for. I, too, was impressed with the Smithville hospitality--nice folks. The football weather just added to the evening! Let's go, Bulls!!

I was thinking that this might of been their best game of the year. Very solid in all aspects of the game, except for that one glitch on special teams. I would like to see a little more intensity coming out for the 3rd quarter. We have been a great first half team, but seem to coast some in the 2nd half. I agree, it was a great night for football.

Reds fan
11-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Good job, Bulls!! Way to go! Great season, but it's not over. One game at a time. I thought Knoll did a good job at qb, Mueller looked great receiving. Coach C seemed to have fun with his players with the water at the end--that was fun to see! It was a great way to end the regular season. Let's get fired up, Bulls!!

Agreed! Probably the most complete game the Bulls have put together this year. Especially overcoming some set backs and miscues by staying within theirselves and answering with strong fired up play.

Knoll has added a new wrinkle, not just at QB but his overall play, blocking downfield and on special teams was nice to see. He bodes well as part of future Brahma teams.

Congratulations Bellville on D 25 Championship!!!

pirate4state
11-08-2008, 05:04 PM
You are right, Bull's-eye--It was a good night all around for the Brahmas! Could it have been our best game of the season? I finally got the intensity I've been looking for. I, too, was impressed with the Smithville hospitality--nice folks. The football weather just added to the evening! Let's go, Bulls!! Always best to keep the Moms happy! Good Luck to your Brahmas in the playoffs.

BrahmaMom
11-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks, pirate4state. I'll never forget when y'all beat us in Victoria. It was painful, but I've been a Pirates fan ever since. I have missed 3A football, and our Brahmas have welcomed me back by rewarding Bellville with the district title. I love the new dimension we have added to the game w/ Knoll. He's a keeper!

sinton66
11-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks, pirate4state. I'll never forget when y'all beat us in Victoria. It was painful, but I've been a Pirates fan ever since. I have missed 3A football, and our Brahmas have welcomed me back by rewarding Bellville with the district title. I love the new dimension we have added to the game w/ Knoll. He's a keeper!

We learned a great deal of respect for your town and team also. Besides Everman, Bellville was the best team we played in 2001. By the way, my mother (when she was in grade school) and grandparents lived in Bellville for a few years back in the 40's. She's turning 91 next month.

Good luck to the Brahmas.

BrahmaMom
11-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Yep, '01 taught everyone about how to play the game with class. #11 learned a lot from you guys that year--thanks! And tell your mother Bellville probably hasn't changed too much and kiss her Happy Birthday for me. I lost my own mother within a month of that game in Victoria and I'd give anything to give her a Happy Birthday kiss!

sinton66
11-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Sorry for your loss. I wasn't aware of that. At 91, mine does well to remember who I am most days. She's in a nursing home in Sinton. We go see her every Sunday after church.

R4Editor
11-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Yep, '01 taught everyone about how to play the game with class. #11 learned a lot from you guys that year--thanks! And tell your mother Bellville probably hasn't changed too much and kiss her Happy Birthday for me. I lost my own mother within a month of that game in Victoria and I'd give anything to give her a Happy Birthday kiss! #11 {shivers} he was a BEAST! :) Who knows...we might finally meet this year. ;)

BrahmaMom
11-09-2008, 09:39 PM
sinton66--thanks for going to see your mother--from a mom. RE4- I wouldn't call #11 a BEAST, he did love football, tho!